290 replies to this topic

#61 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

This chapter happened exactly as i said in a sense, the focus could have gone to Sasuke it did.

Guys situation is a tough one, not even 7 gates could do much to Madara, now with lee there it's not going to make much difference.

By all means only obito is safe with naruto and sakura in the Kamui dimension as obitos eyes are the only portals to the area.

I said this for a long time, Sasuke was going to get the rinnegan, I however assumed it would be from spiral zetsus host aka Yamato in there. I didn't expect kabuto to have senju DNA and of all people, hashiramas right on him. If this was the case he could have done even better against Sasuke and itachi if he used part of that.

It is a mystery in one sense as to why kabuto was able to maintain his snake sage mode but let's run through it again. Kabuto only had orochimarus chakra removed, not necessarily the others, though Karin's chakra wasn't present, he still had the capability to use sage mode by means of jugo abilities which are based on natural energy.

While it is a high low deal to see the similarities in the 2 war instigators obito and kabuto ironically being the ones who grant the final revivals to naruto and Sasuke, I feel kabutos is actually better than obitos because obito for all purposes went mad over rins death, kabuto on the other hand lost all view of his original self since he had aminesa, was given the identity kabuto at the orphanage, tricked by Danzo, given a new identiy from orchimaru, spied for sasori, etc. izanami was the worst thing he could experience until he realized his real identity to him was the only true one that he gained by at the orphanage.

Though I will say this, orochimarus goal in the long run was always the rinnegan, he didn't only want the sharigan or an uchiha body, I mean with all the stuff we have seen over the series with Yamato, the collaboration with Danzo and his own sharigan arm and wood style, with the research that both obito and even Madara found surprising when the hypothesis of the sharigan derived from the rinnegan, orchimarus goal this whole time may have been the rinnegan or the power of the 6 paths. It seems like an understatement but orchimaru is still up to something. Something bad.

As for the ns moment we want to see, it can still come I mean naruto hasn't awakened yet and I doubt Kishi is just going to have both naruto and sakura appear back outside the dimension with him, I mean if anything I think there has to be a moment where naruto awakens and talks to obito. I thought if we got the ns awakening moment we wanted this chapter, it would be a good way to end this volume though if anything i suspect the awakening will be in the next 3 chapters. Most likely at this point since we have seen so many panels of naruto and sasuke in a similar position,I would suspect the awakening moment to be one in which they get up in their respective locations at the same time. Otherwise one then the other. But for all purposes a ns moment can still comes from where naruto, sakura, and obito currently are.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#62 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,975 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

Truth be told! Sasuke seriously dosen't deserve the rinnegan. Not like Naruto deserves it n Sasuke dosen't but its like both are better without that dojutsu

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#63 Sinedd

Sinedd

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

Chapter 667 - The End of Youthful Days/ Green Days Are Over
As many of us predicted the no longer mysterious person next to Sasuke is revealed: It's Kabuto. Who else could it be? This was easy. It couldn't be Madara's brother because it's dead and probably nobody can find his body. And Jiraiya is dead (dead people don't return), I can't believe some people thought it was Jiraiya or Izuna...lol!
Kabuto finally realised his existence and he's no longer manipulated by Orochimaru...(to be honest Kabuto was only manipulated when he was a child, Orochimaru didn't tell him to start the Fourth Shinobi World War).
So, the Shinobi who started The Fourth Shinobi World War - Madara Uchiha (Fake Madara) and Kabuto now turns to the good side. Hmm, this is Kishimoto's way...he does the same thing now like he did with Nagato. First, he wanted to destroy Konoha, but then they all turns to the good side.*Nagato, Obito and Kabuto*.
I have no idea how NARUTO will end. Kabuto and Tobi killed so many people and then...
No wonder Guy is named Might Guy. He beat Kisame in their final fight...Kisame was very powerful, but Guy more powerful...maybe too powerful, just like Madara said...but that doesn't mean that Guy is a threat to Madara. Rock Lee joins the battle, right on timesmile.gif!
It seems that Might Guy will open the final 8 gate, "The Gate of Death"...is he going to die we all ask? Seems so considering a powerful villain can kill an important character (Nagato killed Jiraiya, Obito killed Neji and now Madara probably will kill Guy).
Great chapter, once again!!!

#64 al0eaz

al0eaz

Blind Fingers Lee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

couldnt resist

I thought it was an OK chapter. I had a feeling he would move back to Saskue. I was surprised to see him return focus to where Naruto's party was at though. I wish he would have just stuck with one group of characters, instead of jumping around. The image I posted should pretty much sum up my feelings for Kabuto. -___-

trainercard_zpsafda1a60.png

#65 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

Excuse me but I think that some of you are too obsessed with pessimism. Now it isn't that if you don't see Naruto and Sakura this means also Kishimoto will make awakening Naruto off-panel (the same for Sasuke's part). Kishimoto is so predictable that in the end he did reveal that the mysterious barefoot man was nothing but Kabuto. Among other things, it's curious that Kishi have used here also a kinda sort of symbolism. Those who had challegend Naruto and Sasuke and especially started this ninja world war that is going throw it in despare, are respectively saving them (Naruto-Obito) and (Sasuke-Kabuto).

You can also notice a kinda similarity between them. Obito is practically a Naruto that, instead of taking a straigh path, took some rugged and difficult shortcuts.  Kabuto is like Sasuke, in some way... He, like Sasuke, lost the place that he considered as "home" (the orphanage), which is no other way to imply "a family". Just like Sasuke who has lost his family and his home (Konoha and the Uchiha clan) in order to chase a figure that has manipulated him all over the years (Itachi like Orochimaru did to Kabuto). Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Sasuke has become a good one but he's no loger the boy that has been used to be manipulated by others, but a one guy that is capable to understand and act by himself, wichi makes him even more dangerous than before. In addition, this was the last chapter of volume 69, I'm pretty sure that Kishimoto will devote an entire volume to the awakening of Naruto and Sasuke, in order to symbolize the yin&yang.

Just as it was so obvious that the mysterious barefoot man was Kabuto, now it becomes even more obvious that the mysterious old man that Naruto has met, mentioned in the recent preview from WSJ, is nothing more that Rikudou Sennin himself. Why? Because Naruto now has a bit of Ichibi's chakra (which he missed) then he's in possession of all the chakra of the 9 bijuus. Just as it's obvious that Sasuke will awaken the rinnegan, as stated before by dark... He has got Hashirama's cells and, from old madara's words, the rinnegan can be awarkened only after you had been really close to death.

Great post ^^ I totally agree with you.

So this chapter was the last okay ^^

Thank you for mentioning it I was lost ^^

There are 8 chapters/tome right ?

I think you're right the next tome will be all dedicated to Naruto and Sasuke awakening and new powers.

At first I thought Naruto would be alone against Madara, but it might be the two of them.

It would be great if Sakura would join too ^^ would be a team 7's work ^^

[but really, Kishi is killing me with this suspense. Its hard to bear to see Naruto down for so long. I totally adore Naruto's character]

Edited by Otaru, 05 March 2014 - 12:02 PM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#66 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

Why? 

At this point I just don't see her getting like she did during the KN4 incident. Yes I get that she wasn't acting as frantic because she could still save him and the situation was just that dire but I don't see why she should be acting anymore frantic when he wakes up the most likely thing that would happen is that she'll be happy when he wakes up and maybe, maybe get teary-eyed (after all she only got one panel of maybe getting sort of teary-eyed when she was trying to save him) besides there really isn't anytime to have a moment or a narusaku hints since Madara is out causing trouble fodderizing everyone and whatnot

eh10ut.jpg

#67 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

I was actually thinking that we have a slimmer chance to get an NS moment now, if Kishi decides to make Naruto have a grand entrance and save Gai's or anyone else ass....BUT then again, i think Naruto will have to say something to Obito or the likes.. i dont even know if Obito will remain alive after giving up the bijuus to Naruto.. i'm pretty lost nowadays.

i'm just conditioning myself to be more patient and the NS moment im waiting for might not be given now, but some time later on.. i can actually be content with a silent comeback for Naruto and Sakura.

Like no words between them but insert that fanart above us.

anyway i don't think Gai will die.. more like i don't want him to but i dunno just a gut feel that he won't

Edited by dejavu, 05 March 2014 - 12:15 PM.

#68 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YE-

And he's also turned to the good side with a last minute explanation. You're okay with that? :sweat:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#69 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

And he's also turned to the good side with a last minute explanation. You're okay with that? :sweat:

Not quite a last minute. This was to be expected, at least, ever since this:

16.jpg

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#70 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

If anything, I am a bit let down how this volume end chapter didn't have that sense of what was entirely in store for the next arc, I mean back in late november, when Madara was revived in 657, he caused a lot of crap, the year ended with naruto losing kurama. Now that problem has been fixed and sasuke is healed with karin sensing his energy returning, all I get a sense for the next chapter is aside from naruto and sasuke making a comeback to fight madara, Guy is going to die most likely. Guess in the same way there were 2 hyugas, is kishi going to kill guy off because Lee is so similar? Geez Team guy losing 2 people is a hardship if Guy dies.

I just hope we see the NS moment we want, I mean again, until naruto is seen oncsreen again awake and ready, then the moment won't come. But considering Obito's importance and how he just healed naruto, it would be utterly suprising if we didn't even get a moment of naruto waking and having a short speech with obito. I mean this doesn't even need to include a NS moment, right where they are, there can be some speech about the past, what happened, and where they are now and what will happen in the future, even then given a situaiton like this with naruto given a radient light of ressurection last chapter, to me its really hard to imagine kishi would just leave this moment not having any NS related involvement I mean Sakura was about to cry and fearing his death 4 chapters ago, just having a smile of relief would be kinda simple in this, I mean if anything I would imagine at least a short moment where she hugs him, thats not too far out of the ordinary here. I would be utterly suprised if kishi just either bypassed the potential for a short Sakura is releived at Naruto surviving scene or even Naruto speaking with Obito where they are. If its just Obito warps back with both of them fine no screentime shown at all, thats a bit underwhleaming. Maybe its the NS side of me hoping we get a short moment after such a close call event but its acceptable and appropriate for the situation after this recent event. We can only hope that at some point in the next couple chapters when we see naruto again, hopefully we see him reawakening and get a short speech with Sakura and Obito, on Sakura's side, if we get that short but sweet moment, thats all we need. Its not too hard to imagine. I mean some events we thought would come for NS in the past have just at times, taken an extra chapter or 2 from what we originally thought. Its not that bad now, maybe by 669 or 670 we may get another NS moment.

#71 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

At least Hinata is not involved lol ^^

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#72 TyranntX

TyranntX

Undisputed King of the Dinosaurs

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku (duh), Dinosaurs, anime, Starcraft, and skyrim.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

Lets just hope she keeps getting the shaft.

tyrantrum.gif

NaruSaku

Check out my Youtube Channel!

https://www.youtube....TyranntX/videos

#73 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

Really I have already seen arguements that Hinata will just come into the situation in a few chapters, and thats just unlikely. I mean Hinata cannot even reach Naruto, Sakura, or Obito as long as they are even in the kamui dimension. There is literally no way for Hinata to actually be involved in the situation, I mean Lee and Tenten are coming because well, Madara dropped the sage tools on them and gave them a clue of where Naruto and company were. As shown, Guy came to aid Kakashi, Lee just arrived, and tenten is coming but had something involved with the sage tools. I mean again while some fans cry over wanting to see more Hinata, its not going to make a difference throwing her here, I mean didn't kishi make it clear that in this situation the girls mainly involved were sakura and karin? not saying it was pairing oritented but again if he saw a reason to include hinata, she would be in the dimension right now with naruto, sakura, and obito not left behind in the dust and having tripped. Really if we still get a Sakura-Rin relation in the next couple of chapters, how much more needs to be nailed down storywise before we can say NS is canon? Sakura has a changed opinion on Sasuke, obviously the aspect of nearly losing naruto should have an impact on her too despite how fans would still believe it was nothing special. Really some fans have said the whole situation was nothing special even though sakura was trying to keep him alive this whole time, she was keeping him alive the whole time until obito just gave yin kurama back.

#74 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

The thing about the end of the volume is to tell us that Naruto and Sasuke will be ok, since both once an enemy of playing redemption card. That's the end. Now the question is when will they wake up, similar to Goku waking up to fight Frieza, Ichigo arriving to the field, etc. Now, we have one part of battle to deal with and that's with Gai, looking to close the relationship of "heated rivalry". Again, Kishi is closing as many as possible since these guys won't have time to do so later on.

All I can think about is that it's sad that Lee is going to have two causality we in his team by the end of the arc. How cruel. Even harder to read SD.

#75 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

Due to work, here's the lowdown:

http://sparda3g.tumb...ter-667-lowdown

#76 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

I think Naruto vs Sasuke is going to be dragonball level just like this fight here...

SK-303_image007.jpg

#77 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

I think Naruto vs Sasuke is going to be dragonball level just like this fight here...

Sasuke should try to blow up the planet for not making him a Hokage as Naruto casts a spirit Rasengan.

#78 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

Gai - Meh. He's been dying since day one. Anyone who has a capability that might cost him his life is doomed to die from it during the course of the story. The real suspense is not if he uses it and succeeds, but if he survives from it. (And by succeed, I mean that he will successfully weaken Madara enough that Naruto or the ad hoc Team Minato can finish him off.)

Kabuto - Surprise factor: 0. Skeeve factor: 10. Welcome back, weirdo.

Not Team 7 - I think Kishimoto is way more attached to this team than his audience is. They're all backstabbers in some way or another. None trusts the other ones, so it's hard as a reader, to get behind them. Kishimoto clearly likes them and keeps pushing them into the story. But the team stuff is so lacking. I think I would have liked them more if Kishi had recast them as Akatsuki-like villains (monsters each in their own right, and only staying together because it served them), rather than this lukewarm "I-don't-have-anywhere-else-to-go" psuedo-team thing. I mean Juugo was terrifying when we first met him. Couldn't control himself in a jail cell. Now he's on a flippin' battlefield — shouldn't he be freaking out right now? 

Karin - Whatever bond or Karin/Sasuke shipping Kishimoto hinted at in the last few chapters is finished now. Karin is at a complete distance from Sasuke, no closer than any of the other Not Team 7 members, and she's being her normal Karin self about Kabuto's return. She's totally lost focus on Sasuke. Parallel this to Sakura-Naruto, and Sakura would not have jumped back, lost focus and be loud-mouthing about a new-comer. She'd be focused on Naruto, and demanding everyone else's silence and attention until he was showing signs of true recovery. If Kishi wished to further develop her role as a future companion for Sasuke, having her mature and recognize true love after having almost lost it, then that opportunity is quickly closing.

Oh yeah - I knew that scene back at the bridge was fishy! Kabuto was collecting dna from Sakura's four-tails wound, not just healing her so they could beat Akatsuki, like he said. So file him away as another one with some tangible kyuubi connection, whether anything comes of it or not.

#79 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:27 PM

As others said, at least there is a reason for Minato to have senjutsu, otherwise he wouldn't have had a reason to be attacking Madara. But since taijutsu also works... Sakura is as outclassed as anyone else, but it would be interesting if at some point Madara would turn his back on her (she is only a woman, in his mind) while in punching distance.  :smashy:

Still curious what Orochimaru's is planning for his end game.

It would not be surprising if Gai dies. But I'm wondering if Rock Lee will die too. His big thing is to be like his mentor, and having RL also go Eight Gates and fighting with Gai to the bitter end would seem to be a possible resolution for his character.

#80 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

Afterwards Tenten commits suicide for being alone....what a happy ending

eh10ut.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users