76 replies to this topic

#61 Darkness

Darkness

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:42 AM

$300.00!? Where do you live that it would cost you so much money? I paid about $70.00 USD, and I thought that was steep.

That's Brazil for you.  :wink: 

Our taxes are something unbelievable when it comes to imported products. But meh... we are kind of used to that. Normally, it is cheaper to pay for the whole trip and buy what you want abroad instead of here. Not kidding. And you still get to know a new place. 

bKTC2.png

#62 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

They are so awesome. You'll be very pleased when your set arrives. :]

$300.00!? Where do you live that it would cost you so much money? I paid about $70.00 USD, and I thought that was steep.

lol I paid $100, but the extra money was for shipping.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#63 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:12 AM

Our taxes are something unbelievable when it comes to imported products. But meh... we are kind of used to that. Normally, it is cheaper to pay for the whole trip and buy what you want abroad instead of here. Not kidding. And you still get to know a new place. 

Wow, I can't believe that. ._.

lol I paid $100, but the extra money was for shipping.

Did you order your set on Amazon? The price really jumped after I bought my box. I think they're selling for $89.00 right now, plus shipping.

#64 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:16 AM

It looks so awesome! Man, I would really like to order a set if it wouldn't cost like $300 + here. :P

:wot:

Whoa, that's insane! Wait...

Here's the unboxing video:

Great job on the video. I can say they are worth buying if you like those kinds and I can't wait to get mine.

Yeah...if my memory serve me well, this is the same place that is charging PS4 for over $1,800. Wow, I thought it was just that but now, it seems like it's more than that.

#65 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:21 AM

Wow, I can't believe that. ._.

Did you order your set on Amazon? The price really jumped after I bought my box. I think they're selling for $89.00 right now, plus shipping.

Yeah, I did.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#66 Darkness

Darkness

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:28 AM

@Slextrem and 4life

Regarding the PS4 price, check out this post: http://www.narusaku....e=9#entry500487

:wallbash:

bKTC2.png

#67 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

@Slextrem and 4life

Regarding the PS4 price, check out this post: http://www.narusaku....e=9#entry500487

:wallbash:

That's ridiculous! You are being robbed.

#68 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

I wonder the Olympic would settled in there. Hot Dog for $100! I'm kidding but dang. That's crazy.

#69 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

nice video, slex!

and Darkness....I never thought that there was a country where taxes are higher than here in Italy! O_o

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#70 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

Hey dude stop forcing i live in brazil too but i dont think those piece sets are sold here, even if it's imported would be around 100$ due to import tax and could even due to the piece set you can ask them to tag it as a gift and avoid being taxed, about PS4 is due to the fact Sony Brazil is buying the console from Sony and it's charging another PS4 price like a middleman.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 26 October 2013 - 09:51 AM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#71 Darkness

Darkness

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

Hey dude stop forcing i live in brazil too but i dont think those piece sets are sold here, even if it's imported would be around 100$ due to import tax and could even due to the piece set you can ask them to tag it as a gift and avoid being taxed, about PS4 is due to the fact Sony Brazil is buying the console from Sony and it's charging another PS4 price like a middleman.

I'm not forcing it. If Slextrem paid around US$70, I'm gonna use her example because James said he paid $100, it would already result in R$152.6 right off the bat. Tagging the product as a gift only works for products with a declared valor inferior to US$50.00. And if you don't declare anything, or if there is any reason to believe that the declared valor is wrong, they reserve themselves the right to open your box and recalculate its value based on their own assumption. 

I usually pay like R$ 60.00 to 70.00 when ordering (something small like this chess set) abroad using SEDEX to São Paulo resulting in this case over R$200.00. Now being really optimistic, if somehow your product manages to get "missed" in the middle of the others, this would the final price. Over two hundred reais.

However if you do not get lucky, you'll have to pay for the II (Imposto sobre a importação de produtos estrangeiros) currently rating at 60% of the declared valor of your product plus the delivery. After that you just have to add São Paulo's ICMS (Imposto sobre Operações relativas à Circulação de Mercadorias) which is an extra 18% of the total price and only then you'll have the normal price you'd have to pay for it. 

Not trying to bash or anything but if there's something that I can't stand are the politicians of this country, or should I say robbers, and our taxes. You of all people should be aware of that man.

Edited by Darkness, 26 October 2013 - 02:43 PM.

bKTC2.png

#72 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

That Chess Set rocks so much! NaruSaku as the King and Queen is probably the best part :smug:

Well done with the video Slextrem.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#73 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

@Slextrem Good job! :thumb: The best part is the King and Queen.  :nsdance:

#74 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

My set shipped today. Now to play the waiting game.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#75 Rozette

Rozette

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

Very nice video, Slextrem! Thanks so much for sharing.  :happy: I agree with morgaine4 that you have a very nice voice~

I have this strange habit of reading someones post in their voice once I hear it.. ever since the NaruSaku Podcast, that is. Haha  :sweatdrop:

The set looks really lovely, though. I would really love to have one myself, but I just can afford it at the moment.

tumblr_mxbjasXMEh1smr913o2_500.png

There was once a hero who flew too close to the sun.

His wings of wax fell apart and he plummeted to the earth...

#76 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

Here's the unboxing video:

Thank you for posting the video and photos, Slex!  :D   They look fantastic, and definitely well worth buying.

I look forward to getting my set this Friday.  :happy:

#77 melovechoco

melovechoco

~[♥□♥]~

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Interests:other stuff...

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10227506

I came across this on Tumblr and loved the look of it.  Naruto is the King, and Sakura is his Queen, and they both look really badass.  :thumb:

The King and Queen

I'm so tempted to get a set for myself...

On a sidenote, I'm a little confused as to why Shikamaru is only a pawn.  :headscratch:

this is just so cool...make way for the next future king and queen.... :banana:  :fan:  

2ivn2tv.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users