787 replies to this topic

#61 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

I do think Sakura will be given something, or at least I hope so.  Kishimoto has always associated flowers with Kunoichi (Ino, Konan, Sakura).  I don't know what she'll be allowed to do, or in what capacity, but I don't think it's a coincidence that we were shown Sakura -supposedly in a bad place- right before the flower bloomed.  As soon as Madara spoke of the flower blooming, I thought of Sakura (though that might be because I absolutely adore her), but it's not a coincidence that she was featured among fodder ninja (as Naruto was looking at the ninja who were harmed).  Having said that, I really hope she hasn't released her seal yet, and her seal disappearance is a mistake or that it wasn't drawn in because of how tiny she was in that panel (they seem to forget Minato ET eyes quite often), because when Sakura releases her seal I want to see the details of WHY she released it.  I don't want for her to release it off panel.

You know, I can't help linking things as well.

I mean a flower in bloom and there we have Sakura.

As well, when the eye in the flower will bloom, Mugen Tsukuyomi will be launched. Which is a genjutsu. And I can't help to think at how Sakura's mark in mythology is like Buddha's third eye. And we know who was said to have genjutsu affinity.

Maybe those predictions weren't that wrong after all?Maybe she will be a key point in this whole thing?
Damn, I cannot literally wait for the next chapter.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#62 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

how you can see that her seal is disappeared? The panel is too small for seeing it, I'm pretty sure that Kishimoto hadn't any space to insert it.... Besides on small panels small things tend to be ignored.

Edited by 六道仙人, 10 September 2013 - 10:01 AM.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#63 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

how you can see that her seal is disappeared? The panel is too small for seeing it, I'm pretty sure that Kishimoto hadn't any space to insert it.... Besides on small panels small things tend to be ignored.

Yeah I thought about that too...It doesn't make sense.

#64 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

however, seeing the title of chapter from Mangastream version is 神樹 Shinju "God tree"... It seems that the Shinju is an Alianthus tree...

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

uvoJkhc.png

#65 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

One thing that could be an interesting Sakura connection, a lot of things associated with Sakura seems to be influenced by things from the Continent (Chinese cultural influence, even some things originally from South Asian cultures) --the seal's positioning where the third eye would be, how it's so similar to a bindi/pottu, her part one outfic (I believe that her part one outfit was influenced by Chinese culture), so if the Chinese/Taoist story of the Tree influenced Kishi at all it would be interesting if connected to Sakura.  I know I'm probably reaching, and setting myself up for disappointment, but whatever.  It's fun to contemplate.  I just hope that however Kishimoto does bring Sakura in, it's not just so that Naruto can save her so that he can bring in an ObiRin parallel.  I was a little confused if we're supposed to take that the ninja we're shown are the ninja that Naruto is looking at and gettin emotional over (the fodder ninja, Sakura etc), so I am a bit worried that it could be a "hero saves heroine who is in trouble" moment.  I know that we'll probably get a moment like that, but for now I would like a "heroine save herself moment" or "badass heroine finds the key to saving everyone" moment.

Yeah I thought about that too...It doesn't make sense.

I'm hoping that the seal was ignored because of how small the her forehead was.  I also keep reminding myself Minato's ET eyes were often forgotten/ignored/overlooked.

Edited by morgaine4, 10 September 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#66 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

yet wonder why was she so hurt. The chakra cloak was still on her and even if she did release it she shouldn't have been exhausted. So was her chakra sucked into the tree?

Edit: No I'm convinced she at least tried something like release it. Maybe to save some. Sai was watching her.

Edited by Dkey, 10 September 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#67 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

Wow that was a big chapter. The origin of the chakra and the sage got a name. Anyone feel we just got the story for the chakra chakra fruit from one piece? It's apparently a logia type.

Well seeing how this is what Madara planned originally to cast and how much has happened it's just a shock to see the jubbi is really just the prime source of all energy, as it was harnessed from it it can also take it back.

As for sakura, you know that look naruto gave and seeing sakura and bee shattered that's going to cause an impact in him, just remember sakura is going to be fine, I mean she's a main character, she won't be axed for something so small, we didn't even see the others get impacted even though they most likely are. Oh boy there may be an impending ns moment, did anyone see how Sasuke wasn t really impacted? Also hiruzen is still alive, guess it was wasn't his last battle. Now the infitine tsyukomi launches, obito isn't going to attack any more. This is such a big cliffhanger for volume 67. Can't wait to see the next event.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#68 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

I am going to argue this with you Atheck because you're the kind of guy that thinks he is always right and yet when proven wrong backs down from it.

Do you want my honest opinion on this? If I thought I was right I wouldn't be arguing with you in the first place. The other person's opinion would be handwaved because they're so certain in their convictions that they truly believe that they can't be disproven. That or they refuse to acknowledge when they're wrong. More often than not I use the opinions that others give as a learning experience to help formulate a judgement. Some of the topics that debated the psychology or reason in general for a character are especially noted. But at the same time, I need to compare that to how Kishi has handled the character, what they represent, and how he handles the manga in general so it isn't just a baseless hope with nothing behind it. 

This might just be a conflict of interests but I believe that acknowledgement and consideration are signs of someone who does value others' thoughts, even if they're in contradiction to their own. 

But then when someone's argument has been refuted they may personally acknowledge that their impressions were inaccurate but refuse to admit it openly because of one reason or another like pride. I won't deny that I'm a victim of doing that at times. Often when a person stops posting in a debate they've either dropped out because of the repetitiveness or because they have no other evidence to turn to and they secretively bow out.

You provide a source that has no story connected to a forbidden fruit or gaining knowledge from a tree's fruit. All you have a name from a Japanese folklore and a connection with the moon. What connections does the tree have and it's forbidden fruit?

I'm not that informed when it comes to Eastern mythology so I can't give a thorough explanation for the discrepancy here. From what I can gather however, Kishi picks and chooses from various Eastern mythologies and combines them together to create story. The principals of the three major doujutsu being an inspiration of three major Eastern religions are an example of that. They become interrelated with each other and that could have very well been the source for that portion of Madara's explanation of the tree. It's still confined to Eastern belief systems for the most part though.

That's the other half of the story. Sometimes the references in this manga has no connections to the Japanese folklore and at best just used the names from said folklore.

True, but it's the reference itself that matters. It's a sign of acknowledging a belief system that exists outside of the manga.

This is where the western side of religious culture comes in and it is a blend of it. It just might be Kishi is blending two cultures into one. What's wrong with that?

Nothing, but the basis you're using to argue that Western religion or thinking is an intentional product of Kishi's devises isn't that convincing. Your main argument is that because of real world beliefs' interconnection with each other the Naruto story is a product of that. My responce is that Kishi likely did not have that in mind because he almost always is picking and choosing information from Eastern philosophies. Why? Because there's nothing indicative or telling of these other cultures having been implemented. A correlation doesn't make that conclusion absolute but it definitely attests to the possibility of it being true.

Heck, from what can be gathered of the posts people have made here, Kishi doesn't even really value the opinions of his Western fanbase. At least not to the extent that it would influence his work just so he can accommodate them or make them feel that their thoughts are most important. How does that speak for his consideration of them in his manga? 

You want to say it has nothing to do with Christianity, yet I have seen several Christian/Judaism symbolism within the very manga. This story is very similar to how Adam and Eve bit the apple from the tree of knowledge and gained awareness. This is a similar concept with this woman gaining the powers of chakra by biting a fruit from what is known as "The God tree."

All of it which is probably based on circumstantiality. Like I said earlier, I'm not that informed of Eastern mythology so I can't make any worthwhile comparisons to fully justify my stance here. The truth of the matter, however, is that neither of us understand Kishi's mindset here and the reason for these connections existing are beyond his control. 

It is interesting that Kishi is willing to break down the cultural barriers and provide a story that anyone reading can relate to. Perhaps this is completely done on purpose show casing in a real world manner how just because we have different cultures with different ideas does not mean we are all that different from each other.

You and I definitely seem to have conflicting viewpoints of the manga. In my opinion, there aren't any traces of this cultural blockade being destroyed. Not in the context that you're referring to it at least. The extent of it is everyone from these various countries with vaguely defined customs or ideals being united together with a common purpose and that acting as the catalyst for long lasting peace.  Most of the disagreements which put these people at odds with each other had to do with emotional vendettas spurred by the loss of loved ones or the nation's desire to reinforce their military might. 

his is an interesting idea for Kishi to do because it allows many Naruto readers to have a sense of connection. Ideas that were lost through time and translation. Again, this is not the first manga to do this and like I said Evangelion is one manga that purely pulls from Christian culture. I am not saying that Naruto pulls directly from Christian culture, but that Kishi is pulling many references from many religions and cultures to prove a show of unity. Isn't that what this manga is about? That you can have different ideas, yet not be rejected or outcasted because of them?

It could be described as a mixing of different beliefs and cultures in a vaguely generalised sense. But the specifics of how and why that came to be are very simplistic actually. Kishi doesn't really explore the qualities that created the friction existing in the manga beyond sentiments of hatred which has become a staple for all the conflict that exists in the manga. 

Besides you're the one kittening how "Oh, so Kishi is changing the story again"

Could you please refrain from cursing? I'm not expressing any offensive outbursts in my posts and I would hope that you would express the same courtesy to me. 

not really taking into awareness that there really wasn't an origin story to begin with. How can we change what never really existed in the first place?

How does that relate to the information already given? Is it consistent with already established plot concepts? My expression may have been somewhat brash, but it's not without reason. 

From previous conversations that I've had with you, you seem very complacent when it comes to how Kishi writes his story. Even if contradictions or a lack of explanation riddle a few ideas that he has executed, rather than question the purpose for this, you're just accepting it at face value without a thought given for how it's like the way it is. That's where you and I disagree with each other. Call it selfish if you want but I prefer to have Kishi's story to have at least a smidge of coherence all throughout. Otherwise it just creates a window through which all levels of narrative consistency can be discarded at the whim of the author. You can say that it's just a slippery slope fallacy but that's my opinion. 

Edit: If you see any errors in this post then I apologize. 

Edited by Atheck, 11 September 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#69 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

I'm a bit disappointed that the sage wasn't an Uzumaki....

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

uvoJkhc.png

#70 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

however, seeing the title of chapter from Mangastream version is 神樹 Shinju "God tree"... It seems that the Shinju is an Alianthus tree...

Seriously????  Apparently, according to the general consensus, those tree were introduced into Japan from China!

#71 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

yes the Shinju, customarily, is an Alianthus tree... Why? This change something?

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

uvoJkhc.png

#72 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

Also I don't know to say regarding how some people think Sakura's seal is gone, but it's a small papal, we don't have a clear cut shot of her forehead I mean it's very small, given the proportions and space there may not have been able to fit the seal. I doubt this is the end for sakura though, she will be fine. I mean she is a main what purpose is there to kill her off? None. She will make a comeback, maybe tsunade heals her if it comes to it. Yes though a ns moment can be incoming.

Edited by Inferno180, 10 September 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#73 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

Seeing that NH fans are associating the Princes Kaguya to Hinata because both are princess is just... :lmao:

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

uvoJkhc.png

#74 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

i was disappointed to see sakura down again :( i felt like it was her getting knocked out by kabuto / 3 tailed naruto all over again.. but it was a great chapter :0 

but why is naruto hostile to sasuke? when he got saved by hiruzen.

Edited by Hanabi, 10 September 2013 - 10:26 AM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#75 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

I'm a bit disappointed that the sage wasn't an Uzumaki....

That never made sense to me, the Sage being an Uzumaki, had that been the case then the person who inherited the Sage's will (the Senju ancestor) should have been Uzumaki and not Senju.  It seems to me that if the sage is related to the Uzumaki, it would be through marriage --if the Senju and Uchiha ancestors have the same mother (and considering Kishimoto's emphasis that virtuous men are loyal, and virtuous women move on for their own sake before it's too late, it makes sense that the Sage would have been a one woman man), I could see the mother of both being Uzumaki.

yes the Shinju, customarily, is an Alianthus tree... Why? This change something?

The Tree of Life story with the tree having fruit once every three-thousand years is a Chinese origin story, and considering how much of Sakura is associated with Continental cultures (Chinese, and also perhaps by accident South Asian cultures), it's just giving me more hope that Sakura will be relevant but I know I'm probably setting myself up for disappoinment, so it might be better to ignore me.

Seeing that NH fans are associating the Princes Kaguya to Hinata because both are princess is just... :lmao:

Alls fair, so many of us are trying to connect this to Sakura.  Chances are this is about Naruto and Sasuke, and how they're two halves of the Sage's soul and the only way to change things it to make the two of them one person (j/k j/k...sorta).

#76 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

And NaruSaku of course ^^

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Nobis non domine non nobis.

Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine.

Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito .

Das ist Wilde Verwegen Jagd .

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

But then when someone's argument has been refuted they may personally acknowledge that their impressions were inaccurate but refuse to admit it openly because of one reason or another like pride. I won't deny that I'm a victim of doing that at times. Often when a person stops posting in a debate they've either dropped out because of the repetitiveness or because they have no other evidence to turn to and they secretively bow out.

All of this is very accurate , if a person with who you are having a deep quarrel or a discussion in the matter if they lost an arguments or can't answer the question you've asked then  you've clearly have gotten under his/hers nails, so in order to avoid acceptance of losing the debate , he/she will turn to parrot words or simply play dumb and act as if you weren't right all along  . I've had such a debate ,but not like you guys about religious stuff or Manga main plot ,but romance wise .  He/she was so caught in her own woven web of incoherent moments that half of my questions remained unanswered and arguments unfinished . 

Just saying that's all :P.

narusaku_signature_by_xsakuraharuno-d5d7

#77 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

ABout that peach flower or something like that. I remember doing a connection between Toka Senju [who's name means peach] who was a specialist in genjutsu and whose name meaning and flower were similar to Sakura's. I mean, flower name, similar to sakura flowers, specialist in genjutsu, Sakura has been noted for genjutsu. Too many coincidences.
And now we get that flower tree who was making a peach flower or whatever...

#78 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

And NaruSaku of course ^^

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Nobis non domine non nobis.

Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine.

Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito .

Das ist Wilde Verwegen Jagd .

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

How in the good name of Christ is Hinata relevant anymore ? Sometimes i want to go on their tag or w/e and scream with full lungs that Hinata is done , because , really what will she do anyway? The situation is so hopeless right now even Naruto's plot shield is taken off ..

i was disappointed to see sakura down again :( i felt like it was her getting knocked out by kabuto / 3 tailed naruto all over again.. but it was a great chapter :0 

but why is naruto hostile to sasuke? when he got saved by hiruzen.

Maybe because he just stands there like a watch man doing practically nothing or he has ''smelled'' a strange bad  odor of bad intentions .

narusaku_signature_by_xsakuraharuno-d5d7

#79 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

ABout that peach flower or something like that. I remember doing a connection between Toka Senju [who's name means peach] who was a specialist in genjutsu and whose name meaning and flower were similar to Sakura's. I mean, flower name, similar to sakura flowers, specialist in genjutsu, Sakura has been noted for genjutsu. Too many coincidences.
And now we get that flower tree who was making a peach flower or whatever...

(And the Senju symbol is a Vajra from Buddhism/Hinduism which symbolizes thunderbold (irristable force) and diamonds (indestructability)...of course the seal is based off of Uzumaki techniques but now the chosen shape makes sense...the indestructability of a diamonds --->the accelorated healing when the diamond is released--again related to China and South Asia! I know I'm reading too much into this, I just hadn't realized that the Senjy symbol is a Vajra.).

Oh man, hopefully Kishimoto doesn't disappoint us Chatte.

Edited by morgaine4, 10 September 2013 - 10:50 AM.

#80 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

What I'm wondering is how will the other kage fare in this? I mean they are still en route to the fight, how will they be able to help? They somehow break everyone out of the infinite tsyukomi?

Regarding anything else, I'm also happy the sage was expanded on more. Does anyone else find the panels of naruto and Sasuke staring at each other strange over the indicdent that just occurred? To stop the genjutsu there no telling what will happen now.

Also really not going to beat up over what happened to sakura, she will be fine. Others like tsunade have come closer to death. Plus just think about it, there really is no reason for Kishi to just kill her, you know have team 7 suffer a similar way team minato did is kinda a pointless thing to repeat. Not to mention the whole generation succeeding over the previous, rather team 7s ending. You cannot have it without sakura. I mean after so much focus and the 631 stuff building on kushinas foreshadow, I don't see any reason why stuff like this would in introduced and then just axed. Kinda going on the ns is dead claim from 469 and how only 12 chapters before we saw why naruto couldn't confess to her, yeah it's starting to feel like that again as some fans are just hoping sakura dies. I just don't see that happening. There's no point, sakura is a main character, she has importance in the naruto vs Sasuke stuff too on the final fight. Even then obito just halted his attack in preparation for the infitine tsyukomi, Sakura's going to be fine, she has plot importance the drama never hurts though. The big factor in the end was yeah going in older theories, she would be injured but not killed. She is an important character, no reason to kill her and let someone else suddenly become the heroine? Sorry not going to happen, not ino, not hinata, not even tsunade(even though tsunade could fit this) is going to become the heroine. Sakura is important and going to live. A ns moment may be in the future too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users