#61 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ May 21 2012, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You'll never convince me that the Samurai were a turning point for any fan. To the extent it's used it seems more like people trying to justify pre-existing beliefs rather than the defining moment when they decided Sasuke was scum.

Well i never liked sasuke , srsly when he was good i didnt liked him, but he was scum when he didnt wanted to come back to konoha because i thought
'"WTF this guy wants?"
he wants to kill itachi and then?
why not come back ?
it looked so retarded.

when he killed those samurais karin said "his chakra was darker than the 2stage of the cursed seal"
so it was more like "hey i'm a murderer now mwahahahaha" because he never killed anyone before i remembered those scene when he defeated countless ninjas and uncle orochi asked
"WHY U NO KILL THEM?"
SK-303_image007.jpg

#62 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

Kishi really shot himself in the foot. He set up the themes of the story in a way that implies that Sasuke will be redeemed, but made the events in the story so that it's borderline impossible that he logically and reasonably can.

My answer to Naruto feeling like a failure if he doesn't save Sasuke (speaking directly to Naruto): get over it for once in your life, Naruto. Even Sakura has accepted that Sasuke can't be saved. Some people can't be saved, and unless you want to look like a completely immature fool, you'll accept that by the end of the series.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 21 May 2012 - 05:41 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#63 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ May 21 2012, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishi really shot himself in the foot. He set up the themes of the story in a way that implies that Sasuke will be redeemed, but made the events in the story so that it's borderline impossible that he logically and reasonably can.

My answer to Naruto feeling like a failure if he doesn't save Sasuke (speaking directly to Naruto): get over it for once in your life, Naruto. Even Sakura has accepted that Sasuke can't be saved. Some people can't be saved, and unless you want to look like a completely immature fool, you'll accept that by the end of the series.

why he should save sasuke if even he does not want to be saved ?
SK-303_image007.jpg

#64 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ May 21 2012, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why he should save sasuke if even he does not want to be saved ?

Because Naruto believes that being saved would be better for Sasuke (which is true). However, Naruto is failing to realize that Sasuke is beyond the believable point of saving.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#65 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

that why it's sound stupid , he did a lot of bad things and himself said that does not want to be saved and said that he was going to kill his friends and still did the unbelievable.
i got so sad when i saw in that chapter "What's the third option that naruto's is talking about" when i was thinking that the whole sasuke pursuing and fixation was going to end and naruto had to make a "MANLY CHOICE" he say that he wants to die with him sad.gif
SO SAD

Edited by dovahkiin, 21 May 2012 - 06:11 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#66 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ May 21 2012, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol - doesn't Naruto say that exact thing to Jiraiya? (don't worry, I agree with you. Naruto's logic is about as screwed up as you can get.)

The bad thing is, Naruto is forcing Sasuke's path to follow the one Naruto has decided for him. That's his "ninja way." However isn't it also being a good friend by recognizing what that friend wants and supporting him in reaching that goal? Not forcing him to come and sit at home and not do anything? Because I don't ever remember Naruto addressing Sasuke's very real feelings of needing to bring justice down on Itachi.

And on that note, why didn't Konoha go after Itachi? It would have been reasonable to want the death of a nin who wiped out his family, and Danzo would have wiped away any trace of his ties to the dealing. Konoha could have even supported Sasuke's intentions to kill his brother, thereby cementing their control over Sasuke in the Leaf.

Antoher thought, Tsunade must have known about Itachi and Danzo, and co., as well. She never issues kill orders for Itachi, and I can't imagine something that huge would be kept form her.

So, kind of like Naruto's back story, it seems that there were many more people knowledgeable and perhaps complicit in the creation of this monster that's become Sasuke.

Sorry for my Sasuke tangent there.

(I have so many posts I want/need to respond to.... I think I'm just going to divebomb the board one night this week and hit them all.)

Anyway, I agree with your post. Kishimoto seems to be setting this up as Itachi gets the ball rolling, Naruto seals the deal.

So from here on out, it's either straight-forward redemption on Sasuke's part (a slow but steady climb) or Kishimoto has a big twist in store to make Sasuke really go to the dark side.

And I just don't know how it's going to play out. Right now, Naruto vs. Sasuke is an entirely separate thing than the war. And frankly, Sasuke's crimes aren't so big that he can't be forgiven for them. It's quite the opposite. So Redemption is no big thing. Naruto can win the war, change the shinobi system, and push Sasuke into his change-of-heart, and everyone can go home happy.

So where is the tension, the suspense? That will only depend on how much more Kishimoto wants to write. He could wrap the whole thing up from here, or he could keep it going for quite a while.

Edited by tricksie, 21 May 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#67 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

this is the problem gaara was made hokage, and he was more mature than naruto btw, i ant imagine naruto being hokage with his current personality he has strength but his father was even more smarter than him .
SK-303_image007.jpg

#68 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

I really think Sasuke will betray Itachi. Reason why? Because Sasuke will want to keep Kabuto alive so that Kabuto can revive his clan. tongue.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#69 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ May 21 2012, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really think Sasuke will betray Itachi. Reason why? Because Sasuke will want to keep Kabuto alive so that Kabuto can revive his clan. tongue.gif

Nah ..
unless kishimoto wants to do this

SK-303_image007.jpg

#70 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ May 21 2012, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah ..
unless kishimoto wants to do this

then why did Sasuke say he wanted to bring back the Uchiha clan? He said the only way he would stop is if they brought back the Uchiha members. If Kabuto says to Sasuke that he can bring them back, wouldn't Sasuke's vengeance get a hold of him? Hehe, I really don't want my favorite villain to die. sweatdrop.gif

2XtVwF6.png

#71 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ May 22 2012, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
then why did Sasuke say he wanted to bring back the Uchiha clan? He said the only way he would stop is if they brought back the Uchiha members. If Kabuto says to Sasuke that he can bring them back, wouldn't Sasuke's vengeance get a hold of him? Hehe, I really don't want my favorite villain to die. sweatdrop.gif

it would be stupid , because if the uchiha were ressurrected they would make an coup d' tat again and then gg
and plus it would break up everything.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#72 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ May 22 2012, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it would be stupid , because if the uchiha were ressurrected they would make an coup d' tat again and then gg
and plus it would break up everything.

No, it would be Kabuto's way of tricking Sasuke to kill his brother. Then Kabuto will escape or be killed by Sasuke after Sasuke kills Itachi, because Kabuto will probably tell him "haha you killed your brother for no reason". tongue.gif Just remember that Kabuto is the bad guy here. He will play dirty if he has to.

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 22 May 2012 - 01:06 AM.

2XtVwF6.png

#73 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ May 21 2012, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because Naruto believes that being saved would be better for Sasuke (which is true). However, Naruto is failing to realize that Sasuke is beyond the believable point of saving.

No so much recently remember? Naruto said He's taking Sasuke down with him IF it comes to that. True, Sasuke may be beyond saving with out killing him but there is ALWAYS the Deus Ex Machina. wacko.gif yo know Things solving themselves for unexplained reason cause the author wanted to rush things to get it over with.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#74 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

The Sasuke issue had always been something that annoyed me, not because of redemption vs not or whether he is the good guy or the bad guy, but it was his lack of consistency and contradictions that weren't dealt with, in my opinion, properly. Sasuke is one of the most unstable characters within the series, and it all started when he formed team Taka. Part 1 Sasuke I thought was dealt with well, and let me note that I don't have problems with him from a pairing perspective because I liked him despite it, and he is part of the "team 7" focus that got me into the series. He went from being the dark, brooding, troubled good guy to someone that was willing to put everything on the line for his goal. That made total sense to me. Then, when he was reintroduced again in Part 2, he was cold. He was like somebody that had forfeited human compassion and bonds in search of power to fulfill what he wanted. He was able to almost kill Sakura that first time (making it TWO attempts on her life actually) which was a big "=O!" moment because that was how far he had gone.

The Naruto vs Sasuke story became lost with the coming of Team Not Seven, because this person who had sworn off connections with other people suddenly needs someone. First he needed to be saved from Orochimaru, but I didn't mind that he killed him or absorbed him into himself or whatever. It fit with the build-up of his character. He didn't need anyone. He had no obligations to follow after what Orochimaru wanted. He needed something from them, and when the time was right and he amassed enough power, it was kill and goodbye. So this character who is cool as a cucumber, unmoving, and supposedly powerful enough that he took down one of the three sannin by himself (though he was weakened to be fair)...goes off to find these three people to help him hunt down Itachi and provide extra support. Okay. Then we see shreds of his humanity come out around them, when the last scene we had of him was confronting the people the supposedly and SHOULD mean the most to him, but he was unmoved. It was as though Part 1 and any consistency and established character of Sasuke's was thrown out the window and that was when Naruto as a manga became less enjoyable for me and just too convoluted. Messing with the rivalry of Sasuke and Naruto, messing with the big theme of the Team 7 bond of Part 1 cheapens the FOUNDATION of the story. Thus, the matter of the redemption isn't so much "Will he or won't he?" but how much I care. I'm annoyed with how such an important element of the story has been dealt with, and it will take writing I don't think the author possesses for me to be pleased with it.

He was one of my favourite characters. He needed power, so he sought it. He had a point about the problem of bonding with people and the pain of that loss. He had a tragic backstory behind him that made sense why he would forfeit the family in Konoha that he made because his mind was too set on the one he lost thanks to his brother. He was falling into the dark and we didn't need some new team to show us that. It would have been better storytelling, in my opinion, if those shreds of humanity were saved exclusively for team 7, because then it would be AHA. It IS Naruto that he needs in order to be set straight. If he had gone after Itachi by himself. If he then did kill him, releasing that anger and hatred, and then being left empty as he was, we'd be tackling the issue of [i]well what does he do now?[i] It would have been an echo back to what Kakashi had said about revenge. It doesn't give you anything. Tobi steps in, sells that story that he did, and now we have Sasuke's descent into madness which would have been a way of saying that the DANGER of leaving people on this path is that they seek other destructive goals. If Sasuke's goal was to make Naruto suffer and attack the hidden leaf, joining Akatsuki and being taken advantage of by someone who can manipulate him in his grief and emptiness, then that would have been logical progression! Naruto's focus on REHABILITATING people who are revenge bound, who have lost their hearts and minds to grief and power makes sense on a personal level and as someone who wants to be a leader for the future, because it is a societal problem too! It also ties nicely with the macro view with Pain, with the problems of peace in the ninja world, because everyone's solution was basically to kill before being killed. Tobi's goal is to get the world under a genjutsu. Pain's was to kill everyone and go along with Tobi. Naruto's answer to Sasuke makes sense. How can he hope to bring any kind of peace to the world if this one person can't be helped?

DON'T give the rival, then, other bonds. Don't make him between insane and calm, going to take care of the leaf or not. The parts with Sasuke and Itachi are fine, if it is dealt with by removing Tobi's influence on Sasuke, so that he can decide for himself with "The Truth" what path he wants to take--putting him at crossroads again. Naruto's role would be to convince him that what he should do now is move on and come back. To let him step down and finally accept the humanity within him that wants those precious bonds--that wants the family he had back. Rather than this, Sasuke's character has been all over the place. It's really a shame for me because I did like him. Sasuke was one of the first major conflicts in the story, and look at how he has been dealt with. He's whiny and very back-and-forth. A guy who we were all convinced couldn't be with anyone romantically has new Not-Seven who see something in him that makes them like him, giving him that other option and cheapening HIS conviction of leaving too. Thus, his redemption is doomed to disappoint. Kishimoto messed up on this big part of the story. It's why we all want to go back to what Naruto is doing, what he's fighting, because that theme is now the more central and anticipated one. I get the feeling Sasuke's issue is more a feeling of "let's get to it already" rather than the big build-up its supposed to be.

#75 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

BrokenFigurine@ I love your avatar Guy/Natalia FTW they are meant for each other. wow.png
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#76 Chew

Chew

^ NaLu meine lub #ever1curr

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:omgawrsh y u do dis, Y U READING

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

For everyone saying that Kishi is making Sasuke's redemption almost logically impossible (if you want to keep the story strong), I retort that there's a reason Kishi characterized Naruto as the #1 Unpredictable Ninja. And in a way, it makes sense, at least for me. I'm not very good at predicting things though XD. But when there was suspense regarding "Naruto's answer" about Sasuke, I had no idea he would say "We're both gonna die." That part had me like argh1.png argh1.png So if Naruto pulls something off that none of us see coming because his logic is so twisted (and hilarious LOL), then I'll accept it. HOWEVER, if everything ends up a Dues Ex Machina, I will be very...disappointed dry.gif

Also, I'd like to note that we should pay attention to the dialogue used, and pay extra attention to detail. Sometimes things aren't what it seems, and what we may assume a character is actually simpler than it sounds. Just a little thought that ran across my noggin'.

By the way, I'm surprised no one's mentioned what Juugo and Suigetsu found in one of Orochimaru's hidden laboratories- you know, that "thing" that could "change the course of the war"? Wonder what that's going to be like. Bahaha it would suck completely if it looked as if the alliance looked victorious and then suddenly Juugo and Suigetsu roll in to troll.

Edited by Chew, 22 May 2012 - 03:35 PM.

OTP and my Bby

#77 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

i think juugo found some easter eggs, or problably that poison that supress the shodaime cells.

well they are looking for sasuke to reunite "TAKA" for some reason if naruto wins the war and sasuke flee problably sasuke will be the ultimate villain because kishimoto didnt said clearly that tobi was the ultimate villain
SK-303_image007.jpg

#78 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ May 22 2012, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think juugo found some easter eggs, or problably that poison that supress the shodaime cells.

OH CRAP! I forgot all about that. Could it connect to Kabuto, seeing how it came from Orochimaru's lab?

Edited by FoolishYoungling , 22 May 2012 - 08:38 PM.

2XtVwF6.png

#79 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ May 22 2012, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe that thing would be the key for ending the edo-tensei and Kabuto... a_plotting.gif

Naruto... there are always too many possibilities.

2XtVwF6.png

#80 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (Broken Figurine @ May 22 2012, 04:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Sasuke issue had always been something that annoyed me, not because of redemption vs not or whether he is the good guy or the bad guy, but it was his lack of consistency and contradictions that weren't dealt with, in my opinion, properly. Sasuke is one of the most unstable characters within the series, and it all started when he formed team Taka. Part 1 Sasuke I thought was dealt with well, and let me note that I don't have problems with him from a pairing perspective because I liked him despite it, and he is part of the "team 7" focus that got me into the series. He went from being the dark, brooding, troubled good guy to someone that was willing to put everything on the line for his goal. That made total sense to me. Then, when he was reintroduced again in Part 2, he was cold. He was like somebody that had forfeited human compassion and bonds in search of power to fulfill what he wanted. He was able to almost kill Sakura that first time (making it TWO attempts on her life actually) which was a big "=O!" moment because that was how far he had gone.

The Naruto vs Sasuke story became lost with the coming of Team Not Seven, because this person who had sworn off connections with other people suddenly needs someone. First he needed to be saved from Orochimaru, but I didn't mind that he killed him or absorbed him into himself or whatever. It fit with the build-up of his character. He didn't need anyone. He had no obligations to follow after what Orochimaru wanted. He needed something from them, and when the time was right and he amassed enough power, it was kill and goodbye. So this character who is cool as a cucumber, unmoving, and supposedly powerful enough that he took down one of the three sannin by himself (though he was weakened to be fair)...goes off to find these three people to help him hunt down Itachi and provide extra support. Okay. Then we see shreds of his humanity come out around them, when the last scene we had of him was confronting the people the supposedly and SHOULD mean the most to him, but he was unmoved. It was as though Part 1 and any consistency and established character of Sasuke's was thrown out the window and that was when Naruto as a manga became less enjoyable for me and just too convoluted. Messing with the rivalry of Sasuke and Naruto, messing with the big theme of the Team 7 bond of Part 1 cheapens the FOUNDATION of the story. Thus, the matter of the redemption isn't so much "Will he or won't he?" but how much I care. I'm annoyed with how such an important element of the story has been dealt with, and it will take writing I don't think the author possesses for me to be pleased with it.

He was one of my favourite characters. He needed power, so he sought it. He had a point about the problem of bonding with people and the pain of that loss. He had a tragic backstory behind him that made sense why he would forfeit the family in Konoha that he made because his mind was too set on the one he lost thanks to his brother. He was falling into the dark and we didn't need some new team to show us that. It would have been better storytelling, in my opinion, if those shreds of humanity were saved exclusively for team 7, because then it would be AHA. It IS Naruto that he needs in order to be set straight. If he had gone after Itachi by himself. If he then did kill him, releasing that anger and hatred, and then being left empty as he was, we'd be tackling the issue of [i]well what does he do now?[i] It would have been an echo back to what Kakashi had said about revenge. It doesn't give you anything. Tobi steps in, sells that story that he did, and now we have Sasuke's descent into madness which would have been a way of saying that the DANGER of leaving people on this path is that they seek other destructive goals. If Sasuke's goal was to make Naruto suffer and attack the hidden leaf, joining Akatsuki and being taken advantage of by someone who can manipulate him in his grief and emptiness, then that would have been logical progression! Naruto's focus on REHABILITATING people who are revenge bound, who have lost their hearts and minds to grief and power makes sense on a personal level and as someone who wants to be a leader for the future, because it is a societal problem too! It also ties nicely with the macro view with Pain, with the problems of peace in the ninja world, because everyone's solution was basically to kill before being killed. Tobi's goal is to get the world under a genjutsu. Pain's was to kill everyone and go along with Tobi. Naruto's answer to Sasuke makes sense. How can he hope to bring any kind of peace to the world if this one person can't be helped?

DON'T give the rival, then, other bonds. Don't make him between insane and calm, going to take care of the leaf or not. The parts with Sasuke and Itachi are fine, if it is dealt with by removing Tobi's influence on Sasuke, so that he can decide for himself with "The Truth" what path he wants to take--putting him at crossroads again. Naruto's role would be to convince him that what he should do now is move on and come back. To let him step down and finally accept the humanity within him that wants those precious bonds--that wants the family he had back. Rather than this, Sasuke's character has been all over the place. It's really a shame for me because I did like him. Sasuke was one of the first major conflicts in the story, and look at how he has been dealt with. He's whiny and very back-and-forth. A guy who we were all convinced couldn't be with anyone romantically has new Not-Seven who see something in him that makes them like him, giving him that other option and cheapening HIS conviction of leaving too. Thus, his redemption is doomed to disappoint. Kishimoto messed up on this big part of the story. It's why we all want to go back to what Naruto is doing, what he's fighting, because that theme is now the more central and anticipated one. I get the feeling Sasuke's issue is more a feeling of "let's get to it already" rather than the big build-up its supposed to be.

WOW! What a great post! And you're so right! Sasuke's story is a muddle mess.

But I never thought too much about how Team Taka contributed to the haziness of his story. But how true it is. Needing others, connecting and bonding with them does diminish Sasuke's "ninja way" of being the avenger. And more than that — why do Team Taka stay with him? There is simply no reason. Each one is shown as cut-throat and self-serving. (Well, except for Juugo. Some of the time.) Why stay? And why follow Sasuke as he takes on the Kages to defeat the Leaf? That just exposes them to more trouble! With Itachi's death, the reason for their staying together as a band was finished as well. It makes no sense for them to support him in targeting the Leaf and going after all the Kages. This isn't their fight!

And I completely agree about his redemption story. The theme was for Naruto alone to be the one to redeem him. That means that he has to be completely gone. Unsaveable. But here he is going from Team Taka to partnering with Itachi. He's not alone! He's not completely gone! He is still able to work with someone! He still has his humanity. So...what's the point of having Naruto?

And I agree with the distaste at how Team Taka was pushed as the replacement Team 7. After his involvement with them, and after having it work so well, the reader is left thinking..."You know what? This is a better fit any way. Let him stay with them." They are more like the Sasuke we know now. So it diminishes the need for a salvation by Team 7. Team Taka is a better fit for the character he has become.

Sasuke's story has much more depth, more flexibilty, than Naruto's story. However he's neither squarely a villain nor an anti-hero as his behaviors, motivations and interactions bounce around so much.

It will be interesting to see where these chapters go. The only suspense now, to me, is whether Sasuke will stay on this current path with Itachi and go towards the good or will there be something that turns him into a true villain (thus realigning the plot and forcing it to be Naruto alone that saves him).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users