#61 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Hak @ Jul 8 2010, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was noted that Kushina being a jinchuuriki was only known by Hokage, two elders and maybe one or two others, not even the Sannin knew! It is said here.

I'm guessing aside from Sarutobi the third who knew about Kushina being the Kyuubi jinchurikki are his wife Biwako, Homura, Kohaku, Danzo (I seriously don't know about him). Taji from ANBU the person Sarutobi ordered to help Biwako during Kushina's child birth.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#62 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:15 PM

hum, I have been wondering, since Kishimoto is been focusing so much on Minato and Kushina life as a couple lately, could this be some sort of hint that he will do the same with Naruto in the near future?

Edited by alexander, 08 July 2010 - 05:16 PM.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#63 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:17 PM

I'm pissed at Madara too, but you gotta admit, attacking at a weakest point in Kushina and Minato's life....so ninja. thumbsup.gif

#64 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (Hak @ Jul 8 2010, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was noted that Kushina being a jinchuuriki was only known by Hokage, two elders and maybe one or two others, not even the Sannin knew! It is said here.

Ack! You're so right! Thanks, Hak.

Rereading that little segment, I'm struck again by the role of the jinchuuriki in Konoha. It's not the most powerful guy, but the love interest, a woman who's equally powerful in her own right. I've kind of dismissed (in my mind) the role of Sakura in Naruto's jinchuuriki endgame, but the more I look at it, the more I think there could be something to those theories, either helping reseal, seal it in herself or someone else. There is groundwork laid for that if it goes that way.

And Graven, he's gotta, gotta know what he's doing. Madara and Sasuke are in the same pose. It looked weird on Sasuke — I couldn't figure out what move he was making that would end with his arm in the air like that — but Madara was going to impale Naruto, so the pose looks more natural. If he intended those two poses to echo, then it gives some purpose behind Sasuke looking so awkward instead of just sloppy illustration.

edit: @ alexander - More and more I'm feeling the same. The surprising thing to me is that the tragedy of the last jinchuuriki isn't from an individual standpoint, it's felt as a partnership. Kushina held it, Minato helped maintain the seal. Madara had to break them apart to get to his goal. So in the surpassing-the-previous-generation theme, Naru/Saku could function the same way, keeping their partnership intact and relying on each other's strengths to ultimately succeed.

Edited by tricksie, 08 July 2010 - 05:39 PM.

#65 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

I doubt Sakura will need to repair Naruto's seal, the whole point of this training was to gain control over the kyuubi and let's not forget part Rikudou Naruto just created a super powerful seal by himself. biggrin.gif

#66 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:24 AM

I got a feeling Naruto's new seal will prove useful in times of extraction.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#67 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:24 AM

Um, absolutely heartbreaking chapter... Wow...

#68 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:51 AM

Madara's so mean! >_< Makes me wanna punch a baby. Oh wait...

#69 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:43 AM

I don't know about you guys, but for me, the scene were Kushina tearly embrace Naruto was by far the most touching and heartwarming part of the manga. Guess the love of a mother is something that can't be explained, right? It can only be felt. Too bad this all is going to end in suffering for the whole Namikaze family. sad.gif

#70 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jul 8 2010, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about you guys, but for me, the scene were Kushina tearly embrace Naruto was by far the most touching and heartwarming part of the manga. Guess the love of a mother is something that can't be explained, right? It can only be felt. Too bad this all is going to end in suffering for the whole Namikaze family. sad.gif

Heartwarming? Yes. Tragic? Abso-fricken-lutely. I mean, she knows she's dying and that this is the only time she can embrace her son like that; easily one of the saddest moments in the series.

#71 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:02 AM

Damn! This was a good chapter. Poor Kushina. To see her suffer like this. It must really piss Minato off that psycho is still walking the earth. Naruto finish off what your father started. Well you have to be one hell of a villian to do that. I hate you Madera which is also a good thing. Your are one of the best villians. Man this flashback must be hurting Naruto as much as us. It has to be! Well the story is almost full circle and we are almost to the all famous and terriorfying scene that we saw at the start. Can't wait for the next chapter. It probably be just as sad.

#72 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:14 AM

OM version is out!

much better quality than mangastream's.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 09 July 2010 - 05:15 AM.

#73 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:33 AM

Minato does kick his butt right, because he disappears for awhile after the kyuubi attack so he must have.

#74 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:01 AM

Looks like many people start to hate Madara much. I do too anywayss

I imagine Madara's scream when someone-defeating-him smiles...khukhukhu
I think it's a bit good hehehe

#75 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (sakurx @ Jul 9 2010, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Minato does kick his butt right, because he disappears for awhile after the kyuubi attack so he must have.

I went back to 440. Minato also states that Madara saw through everything he did. And that he would
come back to attack the village. Madara's plan is thwarted, but it won't be the righteous butt-kicking
that everyone wishes to see. (But I have faith in Naruto. wink.gif ) Since Minato had to seal a part of himself
(and Kushina) inside Naruto, the fight must turn badly at some point.

#76 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

I'm surprised no one talked about the secret room Minato had. I bet it's inside a mountain or underground, only accessed by his Hiraishin. I hope Naruto finds it with Minato's kunai's and scrolls. happy.gif

#77 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

I know this was a serious chapter, but you guys gotta see this:

http://adel123456789...t.com/#/d2tjgbw fu.png

Edited by alexander, 09 July 2010 - 03:16 PM.

#78 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jul 9 2010, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know this was a serious chapter, but you guys gotta see this:

http://adel123456789...t.com/#/d2tjgbw fu.png

HAHAHAAHHAAHA Itachi, badass.

Itachi only died because he poured his soul into Naruto to kick Madara's ass later on.

When Itachi does a push up, he doesn't push himself up, he pushes the world down.

Itachi doesn't need his sharingan to hypnotize you, he only needs to stare....etc. etc. etc...

Oh and something I noticed, there are 2 of Minato's special kunai in that house, the one hanging is probably his key marker, but what's the other one in the shelf for? I'm probably overthinking it, but the fact that Kishi showed it might give it some significance...or a red herring, like Communism!

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 09 July 2010 - 05:39 PM.

#79 JABR

JABR

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jul 8 2010, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got a feeling Naruto's new seal will prove useful in times of extraction.

I wonder if Kushina could access any of the Kyuubi's chakra when she was the jailer. I would tend to think not since she states that the Minato came up with was based on the work of her village. So I'm guessing his seal was an improvement over hers. And I'm further guessing the seals associated with the Kyuubi were of a far different nature then those used by other villages.

Keeping the young will surpass and correct the mistakes of the old, I can see a mortally wounded, dying Sasuke using his eyes to control the Fox long enough Sakura to do whatever she has to do to restore the seal/save Naruto as they defeat Madara at the end.

#80 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (JABR @ Jul 9 2010, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if Kushina could access any of the Kyuubi's chakra when she was the jailer. I would tend to think not since she states that the Minato came up with was based on the work of her village. So I'm guessing his seal was an improvement over hers. And I'm further guessing the seals associated with the Kyuubi were of a far different nature then those used by other villages.

Keeping the young will surpass and correct the mistakes of the old, I can see a mortally wounded, dying Sasuke using his eyes to control the Fox long enough Sakura to do whatever she has to do to restore the seal/save Naruto as they defeat Madara at the end.

I really think the difference between Kushinas and Narutos seals is the way Kyuubi is shown! In Narutos new seal Kyuubi is made unmoving just like in Kushinas seal, in Narutos old seal Kyuubi had change of movement, his tails and legs were free etc. etc. Also Minato said that he sealed Kyuubi inside Naruto because he wanted to give some edge for Naruto against Madara so I can guess the more free Kyuubi is related to the seals ability to give chakra for Naruto... I really don't think Kushina had an ability to draw Kyuubis chakra and even less I believe Kushina won against Kyuubi to conquer huis chakra like Naruto did.
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users