Close
Photo

Toradora!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

Poll: Who are your favorite characters? (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Favorite Characters!

1. Ami Kawashima (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. Minori Kushieda (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Ryūji Takasu (13 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. Taiga Aisaka (14 votes [35.90%])

Percentage of vote: 35.90%

5. Yūsaku Kitamura (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#61 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 01:04 AM

Omgawsh, guys. Lookit at what I found! (or rather, what my friend FatyxZenxTwo found! =O)

Better Than You! Toradora AMV

This person made one or two AMVs for Toradora! already, and this is one of them. The other is a RyuujixTaiga thing. ;D

LOVE IS WAR,

#62 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 10 December 2008 - 07:39 PM

Another good episode. smile.gif

I have to confess Ami is the most interesting character in my view. She's certainly the most complex one. In fact, I found a few articles about her personality:

Article: Bad Girls Are So Much More Interesting.

Article: The Complexity of Kawashima Ami.
Article: Ami-chan, Ami-chan. Just, what are you?

This quote pretty much sums it up:
From the girl I loved to hate to the girl I feel most sympathetic for. Ami’s a wonderful, enigmatic character who’s added a lot of spice to a show that’s already pretty complex.
I don't know if "sympathetic" is exactly the right word (I don't pity Ami, but I like her) but Ami has definitely become one of the main reasons I watch this show.

#63 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:28 PM

Episode 13 was great and raised my rating of this anime, and there are 12 episodes to go biggrin.gif

Also Taiga's new look... So...pretty wub.gif

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#64 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:02 AM

I really really love Ami. XD She's the wildcard of this anime, and gives it that extra boost of awesome. Also Taiga's new look is great as well.

Just great show all around.

#65 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:47 AM

Aye, Taiga's face in front of the bonfire was very pretty. smile.gif

I've turned into a RyuujiAmi fan. XD I really liked that scene where Ryuuji gives Ami that pork and tells her to eat better. Everyone else (except Taiga and Yuusaku) expects Ami to be this mature woman, but Ryuuji accepts her for who she really is. Pity it won't happen, but I'll still enjoy their scenes.

I also wonder exactly what Minorin thinks of Ryuuji... She certainly got flustered over that photo of the two of them.

One thing I really like about Toradora is that it's developing the relationships slowly and steadily. smile.gif Harem anime far too often falls into the trap of having people fall in love far too quickly. It's clear that if Ryuuji is going to find love, it's going to be a long-term development rather than the instant love you find in a lot of other anime.

#66 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

I know what you mean Smiter. Even though the interactions between Ryuuji and Taiga are really well done, I just feel the dynamic between Ryuuji and Ami is interesting as well and the chemistry that they share really just gives them a sort of *spark* that's really nice and makes me enjoy their relationship, despite being friendship for now.

The characters have all been developing really well over the first half of the season and they each hold their own unique set of identities which have evolved over time with all the incidents they've had individually and together. I wonder how the second half of the anime will work and I'm anxious to see how the relationships (romantic and friendship wise) all turn out. I hope all the characters get their time to shine!

#67 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:22 PM

Man, the creator of the anime do love to play with the Ships tongue.gif

So far I see that three of the main ships in the anime get an equel treatment, they do love to play with their feelings do they?

And I agree Smiter, it's nice to see they don't rush the reltionships to the point where the only reason they don't reavel their feelings is some half-assed excuse or that somthing in the plot pops out that seprates the two...

EDIT: episode 16... just showed what I hate about animes... making a huge pile of bullsh!@# Pyscholgy because of a stupid thing like runing for student president...

Edited by Dormin, 23 January 2009 - 11:58 AM.

Made by Vongola10th

#68 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

Episode 16 was OK.

Episode 16 Spoilers --Click here to view--

But how about that catfight between Taiga and Kanou? That was so violent. o_o

Since Kanou and Yuusaku have feelings for each other, it's possible that they're planning to hook up in the future (maybe Yuusaku aiming to study in America), and Taiga might try to move on.

I'm still trying to figure out that last scene with Ami. She asks Minorin if she's "stopped feeling guilty", then walks away clenching her teeth? Did she feel bad for Taiga, or was it something else?

#69 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jan 23 2009, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Episode 16 was OK.

Episode 16 Spoilers --Click here to view--

But how about that catfight between Taiga and Kanou? That was so violent. o_o

Since Kanou and Yuusaku have feelings for each other, it's possible that they're planning to hook up in the future (maybe Yuusaku aiming to study in America), and Taiga might try to move on.

I'm still trying to figure out that last scene with Ami. She asks Minorin if she's "stopped feeling guilty", then walks away clenching her teeth? Did she feel bad for Taiga, or was it something else?

Hm, here's what I think:

Ami and Minorin both saw the picture of Taiga and Kitamura in Taiga's diary. Ami had noticed how Minorin was acting lately and put everything together: Minorin started forming feelings for Ryuuji, but locked her feelings away because she thought Ryuuji and Taiga had something going on. After seeing that picture of Taiga and Kitamura, Minorin finally realised that she had been wrong all this time. She had been putting pressure on Taiga and had sealed her own feelings for nothing.

Unknowing to Minorin though, Ami saw another picture behind the first one:
second picture --Click here to view--
one of Ryuuji and Taiga

Ami, not really knowing what to do and being her playful/kitteny self, made a comment about it and walked away. Right after walking away though you could see her clenching her fist, indicating that she felt stupid for saying it already. She was trying to become a better person and then says something mean like that. This is better explained in the novels imo.

I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#70 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (SakuNaruLover @ Jan 24 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm, here's what I think:

Ami and Minorin both saw the picture of Taiga and Kitamura in Taiga's diary. Ami had noticed how Minorin was acting lately and put everything together: Minorin started forming feelings for Ryuuji, but locked her feelings away because she thought Ryuuji and Taiga had something going on. After seeing that picture of Taiga and Kitamura, Minorin finally realised that she had been wrong all this time. She had been putting pressure on Taiga and had sealed her own feelings for nothing.

Unknowing to Minorin though, Ami saw another picture behind the first one:
second picture --Click here to view--
one of Ryuuji and Taiga

Ami, not really knowing what to do and being her playful/kitteny self, made a comment about it and walked away. Right after walking away though you could see her clenching her fist, indicating that she felt stupid for saying it already. She was trying to become a better person and then says something mean like that. This is better explained in the novels imo.

Ahh, thanks for explaining all that. smile.gif Now it all makes sense!

I guess you do miss out on a few of the more subtle moments when you don't read the novels.

#71 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:26 PM

Man so much drama in one episode! The ending really has me left perplexed.

Episode Spoilers --Click here to view--
Minorin likes Ryuuji, but felt guilty about it because she thinks Taiga likes him so Minorin never went any further with her feelings. They see the picture of Taiga and Kita so Ami tells her "is your guilt gone?" meaning she can now rest easy seeing as how Taiga doesn't like Ryuuji that way and she can move in for the kill now.

Ami is also shown with a disgusted face as she walks away. It's because she's tired of how emotionally retarded everyone is and how dishonest they are with themselves. Ami doesn't really want to help them, because she likes Ryuuji but she can't be that cruel so she always makes people face up to the truth.

Ami is also frustrated because she's basically alone in the whole equation. She's the only one that seems to see what the kitten is really going on and it makes her somewhat angry that nobody else does. She's trying to get her game on too but the childish mentalities of others is preventing her, so she can't really move forward towards anything.

Ami is sad at the end because she seems to be nothing more than a platform for others to use to reach new heights. I think that's why I can understand why she can revert back to becoming a kitten sometimes, but really it hurts her inside as well. This for me is hard to watch since she has become my favorite character in the series and the struggles that she goes through. My RyuujixAmi shipper side really crunched this episode.

Ami-chan sad.gif

#72 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:56 AM

Episode 17 is now out. smile.gif It has a new OP/ED as well.

[CoalGuys] Toradora! 17 Torrent

EDIT:
Episode 17 Comments --Click here to view--

I laughed so much during the early part of this episode. XD Happy!Taiga and of course Kitamura lying face-down on the floor.

Poor Minorin is completely distracted by Takasu, and it's clear she has not got a clue what to do. Ami's the only one who knows what's going on, but I don't think even she has seen Ryuuji's recent behaviour towards Taiga. She'll probably bash her own head against the wall in frustration. happy.gif;

Ami looks really sad in the next episode preview. All those romantic entanglements, and she's being left out. sad.gif

#73 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:02 AM

Wow... Talk about complcating things...

This show really can get you agitated, just when you belive it's gonna be a MinorixRyuji, suddenly the guy reambers that he is jealous of Kitamura tongue.gif

But still great episode, one of the best really, It's refrashing to see a sad Minori and a happy Taiga.

Someone else saw a mile away that the dream was Haruta's? laugh.gif

Made by Vongola10th

#74 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:42 AM

Damn I really like Ami but this episode made me like Taiga even more than before!

I know she's supposed to be tsundere but this scene was so moe! ;___;

Taiga-channnnnnnn wub.gif --Click here to view--

*will edit once he finishes whole episode, but just had to post this screenie XD*

#75 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

I am a bit gutted that we're seeing less and less of Ami. To me, she's the most interesting character in this series due to her personality/depth and the way she could spice things up in her scenes with Ryuuji. Oh well. *sighs*

I demand an Ami Kawashima spin-off series. XD

#76 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:40 PM

Hahaha I can concur Smiter! A spin-off series would be great XD

Though from what I've learned the anime will be faithful to the novels since its going to end around March and that is also when the 10th novel (whether its the last one or not I'm uncertain) will be released. So we can definitely expect a RyuujixTaiga end--how it happens is another thing.

I do feel bad since Ami looks to be left out a lot. It hurts me to see it happen, but since she can't be romantically tied with Ryuuji I hope they can still be good friends in the end. It's sad to see such a great character not get what you want to happen for them. I hope though they do have some sort of happy resolution for her!

Also, I have to say this anime is guilty pleasure for me. I normally don't watch heavy romance animes, but there is just something about Toradora! that really appeals to my inner romantic or something. I don't know..I just think the characters are really great overall and its just an overall fun setting XD

#77 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

Haha, I'm a bit of the opposite - I like romance. XD But not of the sugary/shoujo kind. NaruSaku and RyuujiAmi are definitely of the kind I like; the kind with wit and spark, the kind where they both bounce off of each other. Suzuka is a series I've found a lot of guys enjoy, and I'm always on the lookout for similar anime to Toradora/Suzuka/Full Metal Panic.

Yeah, this series has been great so far. smile.gif

#78 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:51 PM

This anime get better with every episode!

It's intresting to see that Ryūji remarked that at the party "everyone will be rewerded" somthing which looks impossible right now tongue.gif

can't wait for the party!

Made by Vongola10th

#79 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:39 PM

Episode 18 Comments --Click here to view--

Ryuuji, you're selectively deaf, aren't you? DX Ami wants a chance, and you have cotton wool in your ears!

Ami is definitely feeling awkward about it, she wants to pursue a relationship with Ryuuji, but she's not comfortable with saying it out loud. I mean, she immediately back-pedalled and took back everything she said. She was probably afraid of getting hurt.

Damn.

Oh well, at least Ryuuji had the courage to ask Minorin to the party. *slaps him on the back* Here's hoping Minorin stops angsting and turns up at the party next episode.

#80 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

I have been motivated to cosplay...

Taiga's too loli for me... and uhhhhh Ami's too tall... so, Minorin? Hm...

I'm always drawn to the pink(ish) haired characters. DX
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users