• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Jun 6 2010, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tch... poor animals/people/bugs/fishy-whales... this whole thing is just so upsetting, yes?

Its truly upsetting, I don't care to much for sea gulls, but those poor pelicans out there might not all make it reports say. I feel bad for everything effected by this tragic event.

Edited by MangaReader, 06 June 2010 - 11:54 PM.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#62 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (Sakura_1_ @ Jun 6 2010, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
JAMES CAMERON?! OMG, things seem to be bad there!!

I'm sure Home Tree and the Nav'i will do something about it.

Hell, I could run over and get the Titanic.

#63 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:39 AM

XD So could I! It's an oil spill Jack!

#64 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

has this been linked yet? http://www.boston.co...in_the_oil.html
if so pardon me!

i'm shocked to the core, literally had to hold my breath from crying.
also while going through the comments i found this: (how to help)

#65 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:01 PM

Things could not be worse than this. Poor birds... What an ecological destruction. It is shocking!

#66 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:32 AM

http://www.latimes.c...3517,full.story The Rig wasn't even built in the US OR GB, this is beyond Madness. And was under supervision of the Marshall Islands!

Edited by Insurrection, 15 June 2010 - 05:36 AM.

#67 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:27 AM

The oil spill was the main topic in today's news. And, hell, why is that happening???? It's one of the WORST ecological disasters ever!! And it seems that the problem will not be solved soon... shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif

#68 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:08 AM

QUOTE (Sakura_1_ @ Jun 15 2010, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The oil spill was the main topic in today's news. And, hell, why is that happening???? It's one of the WORST ecological disasters ever!! And it seems that the problem will not be solved soon... shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif

Not until the relief wells are drilled "hence according to BP."

#69 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jun 16 2010, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not until the relief wells are drilled "hence according to BP."

I've got a new one for ya.

#70 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:35 PM

BP has clearly singed a 20$ billion fund to help oil spills victims, sure they agreed to do it after Obama pressured them to do it otherwise they wouldn't have given a penny. rolleyes.gif

Yet they are still people who hate Obama blaming him for the oil spill why? huh.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 16 June 2010 - 10:35 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#71 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jun 16 2010, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yet they are still people who hate Obama blaming him for the oil spill why? huh.gif

They're haters, period. (most of them play the racist card, but I don't wanna stereotype).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#72 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 16 2010, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They're haters, period. (most of them play the racist card, but I don't wanna stereotype).

Well one thing is for sure if they hate him it's because of the skin of his color and not his character and judgement.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#73 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jun 16 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BP has clearly singed a 20$ billion fund to help oil spills victims, sure they agreed to do it after Obama pressured them to do it otherwise they wouldn't have given a penny. rolleyes.gif

That they agreed to it doesn't make it legal. There is some doubt that Obama has the power to do what he did. I'm honestly not sure of the answer to that question.

I don't like Obama. This changes nothing for me. I thought he was weak and incompetent long before this. My personal irritation is not so much at him, but at those who roasted Bush for years over Katrina suddenly discovering the limitations and problems of government and the massive bureaucracy it supports. Speaking of which...has he tried to blame Bush for this yet?

It's not always fair, but that's the nature of politics.

The don't blame him for the spill itself. They blame him for what they feel is a slow response, rejecting foreign helps, the boom in Maine, lack of leadership, and for overall appearing impotent and incompetent. Whether you think its legit or not is up to you.

The list is longer and the specific reason will depend on who you ask. For example, the right's now criticising him for using this an excuse to push cap and tax. The left is made because he's not pushing hard enough for cap and tax and, according to Matthews, is providing no direction and isn't actually saying anything. Dowd's upset because he looks so detached and gives the appearance he doesn't care about this.

Both sides are unhappy.

Oh, and he also provided the right with unlimited ammunition for a snappy new nickname. I've lost count of the times I've seen some variation of Captain Kickass; President Kickass, and so on. Of all the times he had to talk about kicking ass, it had to be on the heals of a movie called Kickass. Talk about bad timing,

I won't lie, I think the kickass jokes are funny, but then I could just like saying kickass.

#74 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jun 16 2010, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, and he also provided the right with unlimited ammunition for a snappy new nickname. I've lost count of the times I've seen some variation of Captain Kickass; President Kickass, and so on. Of all the times he had to talk about kicking ass, it had to be on the heals of a movie called Kickass. Talk about bad timing,

I won't lie, I think the kickass jokes are funny, but then I could just like saying kickass.

You say "Snappy" I say BS, because what was it two weeks ago? "C'mon Mr. Freeze, get angry". If this is all they're doing they've helped NO ONE.

I'm tired of this anger crap by politicians and pundits, fix the damn hole, clean the gulf, punish the industry and institue a Clean Energy Revolution for Frac's sake!

Edited by Insurrection, 16 June 2010 - 11:40 PM.

#75 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:14 AM

More action less words or take action and ask questions later. sleep.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#76 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jun 16 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All the fisherman and workers have only received one $5000 pay check from BP, people are mad at Obama because he's not being assertive enough like Reagan, JFK, and so on.

#77 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:29 AM

What America needs right now is a charismatic leader who asserts himself to find a solution for the spill.

You had your chance...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#78 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:44 AM

We had some BP people at work recently XD No one dared ask them about the oil spill, hahaha. I'm sure they have coached their workers on what exactly to say if they are asked anything, heh.

#79 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jun 17 2010, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What America needs right now is a charismatic leader who asserts himself to find a solution for the spill.

You had your chance...

8D Straight up!

#80 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jun 16 2010, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You say "Snappy" I say BS, because what was it two weeks ago? "C'mon Mr. Freeze, get angry". If this is all they're doing they've helped NO ONE.

I'm tired of this anger crap by politicians and pundits, fix the damn hole, clean the gulf, punish the industry and institue a Clean Energy Revolution for Frac's sake!

Call it what you like. Makes no difference to me. As I said, I think the kickass bit is funny.

First, the left has been the ones primarily riding him about not being angry.

Second, Obama's problem was he was trying to sound angry. I don't know anyone who thought he sounded like he was genuinely angry when he said that; right of or left. That is part of the reason its become a joke.

Punish the whole industry when the only oil company who blew it was BP? Why should ExxonMobil and Shell pay for BP's screw up?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users