Full Metal Alchemist Manga

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

#61 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:58 PM

The way FMA ended was wonderful. I've been really crying my eyes out today because of this, and the latest Naruto chapter. I'm a sap. XD;

I agree with you, KungFuTruffle, Full Metal Alchemist has not put a foot wrong during its run. Great characters, plot, dialogue and art!

#62 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

*Sniff sniff* I agree, FMA has never disappointed me at all. The drama and action and comedy were perfect. I think it's somewhat fitting that the last day of school coincided with me reading the last chapter of FMA in my opinion.

PAIRING SPOILER! --Click here to view--
So does that mean the official pairing is EdxWinry and AlxMei?

#63 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jun 10 2010, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Sniff sniff* I agree, FMA has never disappointed me at all. The drama and action and comedy were perfect. I think it's somewhat fitting that the last day of school coincided with me reading the last chapter of FMA in my opinion.

PAIRING SPOILER! --Click here to view--
So does that mean the official pairing is EdxWinry and AlxMei?

Pairing Spoiler --Click here to view--

Ed and Winry definitely got together and had kids (their confession was so dorky, lol), but I don't know about Al and Mei. After all, they're standing separately and aren't carrying any kids. Of course, the fact that Mei is there hints at a close relationship with the family. Who knows? smile.gif

#64 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

Wow, just wow. I don't think anymore can be said than what the previous posters have. As much as I loved the first anime, the manga and it seems Brotherhood now upped the ante, and every element a manga could have was perfectly balanced out, and was always a blast to read. I did not know what to expect for the final battle, and it was simply awesome. While I wouldn't have minded a darker ending, this one was perfect, and I'm glad to see everyone made it okay and could get on with their lives.

Also, Edward's proposal...so like him biggrin.gif

Question for Ed --Click here to view--
So Ed...just how drunk are you right now? (joking, I just thought you would be in a mood to celebrate)

Edited by Kodachi Claws, 10 June 2010 - 08:27 PM.

#65 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:11 PM

Good ending indeed. a_thumbs.gif

#66 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:15 PM

I think this is the second big shounen manga I've been a fan of that I've seen end (DBZ being the first one), and I'm quite happy with the ending. I'm pretty sure that the fans will fanfic the heck out of this chapter though, since taking the alchemy out of the alchemist sounded weird, but worked quite wonderfully. I'm happy with the pairing conclusion, and the final scene with Winry and Ed was pretty awesome.

All in all, a great end to an even greater manga. I'm looking forward to the next manga from this artist for sure.

10/10

#67 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:28 PM

EPIC wow.png that's the only word that comes to my mind after reading the end and I was execting to see Ed and Winry hooking up. sad.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#68 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

Man, where does the time go? It doesn't feel like it's been 5+ years since I started reading this series. (I blame monthly releases.)
Also, it's been exactly a year since Eyeshield 21 ended. Is June going to be the month where all of my favorite series end? sweatdrop.gif

Very nice ending. Though, I'm going to have to go back. Admittedly, there was a time when I had kinda stopped following FMA.

#69 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:20 PM

I am imagining Alphonse and Mai become an item when he spends time in Xing but I so wanted to see it lol not just a picture at the end, and Roy and Riza are together but Are they together!!?? loved this so much and can't wait until we hear more from Arakawa Sensei very soon

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#70 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:26 PM

its no big stretch to say they are. Several times during the run Riza speaks of Mustang as"" her most precious person"" ((familiar line there)) so yeah its pretty well confirmed as far as Im concerned.

and i loved the confessions between Ed and Winry its perfectly in line with the story. especially winrys half my life?? Ill give it all to you. thats a perfect line for the series.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#71 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:37 PM

where's the "final splash page"? I didn't see it sad.gif

#72 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (pharix @ Jun 10 2010, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where's the "final splash page"? I didn't see it sad.gif

The page with all the photos? You can see it at OneManga.

I'm still loving the Ed/Winry scene at the train station. XDDD

#73 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:08 AM

Can't believe it came to an end so fast. Awesome ending, not disappointed at all in any way.

But sad.gif @ Ed losing his Alchemy and Hohenheim dying. D:

Also, wth is Major Armstrong doing in the splash page? His sister doesn't seem pleased. Kinda disappointed that Mustang didn't make Fuhrer, but Brigadier-General will do.

Winry/Ed babies. fu.png

Edited by Cloud, 11 June 2010 - 02:11 AM.

#74 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:33 AM

I gotta say that was a great ending to Full Metal Alchemist, I was glad to finally finish the series. biggrin.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#75 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:04 AM

A great ending to my favorite Manga of all time. smile.gif

uc.png

#76 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:23 AM

I'm honestly a little disappointed that one of my favorite series has come to an end, but at the same time absolutely in love with it! It's been a long journey reading this manga and it was definitely worth it! Like the others, I'm up for this author's next work biggrin.gif

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#77 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

I just loved how Ed popped the question to Winry. It's so unique & creative. Arakawa is a genius. Wonder if Kishi can top that. (Naruto confessing to Sakura, of course) Kishi should take a lesson from her. And.... what do you guys think of a KishixArakawa collaboration?? To be honest, Kishi himself is a great storyteller. He's not as genius as Arakawa, but he is close. With Kishi's excellent artwork & Arakawa's story-telling abilities, they would probably create quite the masterpiece.

Oh yeah, a few things I noticed, I liked the fact that Scar's growing some hairs on his chin. Speaking of him, I liked Scar's expression when he said "So I live again" I really chuckled on that one, it was pretty priceless. And Winry tied her hair the same way Trisha did, I guess she wanted to impress Ed with it.

Edited by Newkerz, 11 June 2010 - 11:57 AM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#78 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:04 PM

Just the best manga ever. Great ending. So epic! XD Finally Edward and Winry are together! And they have got kids! So adorable~!

#79 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:22 PM

Forgot to mention it, but Edward grew tall! Not bad for a shorty eh?

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 12 June 2010 - 08:23 PM.

#80 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:27 PM

Yes! He is finally a tall guy. I remember the good times when everybody used to call him shorty XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users