Close
Photo

Your Top Must-Buy Games for 2009, 2010 and beyond?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

#61 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:48 AM

My list, no particular order
Modern Warfare 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Uncharted 2
still need to get InFamous
MAG
Birth By Sleep
possibly Jak: The Final Frontier or whatever it's called
FF 13 is a big maybe (along with Versus)
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Assassin's Creed 2

Oh and desaix, you have a PS3? If you're looking for an RPG, try out Sacred 2...somewhat a Diablo clone from what I heard, but you might wanna rent it...the game's buggy as hell and the developers are having financial problems, so no patch is released for the console versions...
Forgot to add.... Overlord 2, but I've reached my 10 limit XD

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 17 June 2009 - 02:50 AM.

#62 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:40 AM

I'm iffy about MAG.

Early previews say that it's still quite buggy and laggy trying to shove 256 people online. I'll wait for further news, its ambitious and fun, no doubt.

#63 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:26 AM

Well, having a 256 player battle'll do that...still if they succeed, WHOA!

#64 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

F, forgot Arkham Asylum, im swapping that in my list

#65 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:53 AM

I forgot BlazBlue and Demon's Souls!

Those I gotta pick up on my trip next year! biggrin.gif

Hurray for PS3 region-free games. :3

#66 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

I usually determine a good game to buy after reading Game Informers scoring if it gets at least a 9.5/10 then I'll buy the game. Game Informer has the most rigorous testing compared to other game magazines that just slap a score and don't take the extra time to go through every little nuke and cranny of the game.

Since I'm a Wii/360 owner I'll probably get:

Xbox 360

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Gears of War 3

Halo 4 probably won't be out till 2011. (I'm not referring to OSDT)

Bio Shock 2 (Can't wait to play as a Big Daddy)

Splinter Cell Conviction

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Remake and VIII as well wow.png (I'm just kidding, I knew heads would turn on that one XD) I wish it was for real it would bring me back into the Final Fantasy fandom again and Sony sells would sky rocket, with me buying a $500.00 PS3 packaged with it. omfg.gif

Resident Evil 6 (probably won't be out till 2011 hopefully Leon and Ada will be in it and a fandom relationship between the 2)

a full Resident Evil collectors edition covering 0-4 would be nice, well i already have 4 for the Wii so i could play the storyline as Ada and see through her point of view. (both 360 and Wii would be nice)

Not really sure about Mass Effect 2 because the first one kept posing to many decision to make and i wasn't to fund of the way the combat view was set-up.

Wii

Twilight Princess 2 sequel (maybe Link will finally kiss the Princess, have voice dialog, up the entity with some hardened combat/bigger world to explore, and a rated mature game similar to God Of War 3)

Mario Galaxy 2 (Some Yoshi riding this time, don't hate you know you have a little Mario in ya, please don't make it so hard this time on the special star challenges)

a full Resident Evil collectors edition covering 0-4 would be nice, well i already have 4 for the Wii so i could play the storyline as Ada and see through her point of view. (both 360 and Wii would be nice)

Edited by 6thHokage, 12 July 2009 - 06:52 PM.

#67 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (6thHokage @ Jul 12 2009, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Final Fantasy VII (I'm just kidding, I knew heads would turn on that one XD )

" Hahaha. Sucker!!! Yeah yeah , keep on joking and believing. Ptfff hahaha! "

I'm sure you made SE slap their knee of laughter and mockery.

#68 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (6thHokage @ Jul 12 2009, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I usually determine a good game to buy after reading Game Informers scoring if it gets at least a 9.5/10 then I'll buy the game. Game Informer has the most rigorous testing compared to other game magazines that just slap a score and don't take the extra time to go through every little nuke and cranny of the game.

Since I'm a Wii/360 owner I'll probably get:

Xbox 360

Halo 4 probably won't be out till 2011. (I'm not referring to OSDT)

Resident Evil 6 (probably won't be out till 2011 hopefully Leon and Ada will be in it and a fandom relationship between the 2)

Not really sure about Mass Effect 2 because the first one kept posing to many decision to make and i wasn't to fund of the way the combat view was set-up.

LOL............

There won't be a Halo 4. After ODST, Bungie is doing Halo: Reach and a new project. If there is going to be one, you won't see it for at least 4-5 years. They said they wrapped up the Halo storyline with 3, and now they're filling in some of the gaps with ODST and Halo: Reach.

As for Resident Evil 6, the director said they're not thinking about a 6th game as of yet. If they do, its going to be a complete reboot of the series and you probably won't see it for another 8 years. (Check around the interwebz if you don't believe me)

There's also no chance of seeing the old Resident Evil series on an Xbox. If you want to play it, I suggest either getting an emulator and/or buying/borrowing a PS1.

#69 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jul 12 2009, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL............

There won't be a Halo 4. After ODST, Bungie is doing Halo: Reach and a new project. If there is going to be one, you won't see it for at least 4-5 years. They said they wrapped up the Halo storyline with 3, and now they're filling in some of the gaps with ODST and Halo: Reach.

As for Resident Evil 6, the director said they're not thinking about a 6th game as of yet. If they do, its going to be a complete reboot of the series and you probably won't see it for another 8 years. (Check around the interwebz if you don't believe me)

There's also no chance of seeing the old Resident Evil series on an Xbox. If you want to play it, I suggest either getting an emulator and/or buying/borrowing a PS1.

I've got RE 0-3 including Code Veronica X on the Gamecube/4 on the Wii already and I attend to get carried away on wishful thinking. biggrin.gif

Edited by 6thHokage, 12 July 2009 - 06:59 PM.

#70 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

Final Fantasy VII (I'm just kidding, I knew heads would turn on that one XD

Sony owns the publishing for North America so yea, it's not likely, a remake on the other hand is a different story.

I forgot BlazBlue and Demon's Souls!

Those I gotta pick up on my trip next year! biggrin.gif

Hurray for PS3 region-free games. :3

I heard Demon's Souls has a brutal difficulty, looking forward to that too.

#71 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:29 PM

Games for this year huh?

Diablo III

Starcraft II

Prototype (It's already out I know but I haven't buyed it yet)

I don't want anymore games this year since i don't buy that much games.

#72 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:44 AM

Changed topic title again, since most of us here have more than 10 games to buy. Feel free to add on to your lists!

#73 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:01 PM

Whee! Adds:
Overlord 2
Ghostbusters The Game...hmm, what else...that's all I can think of for now,
maybe GotY Fallout 3 if they have it for PS3?

#74 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:01 PM

Dragon Age: Origins looks to be a fun game to play.

:3

#75 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jul 15 2009, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dragon Age: Origins looks to be a fun game to play.

:3

God yes! I want this game so bad, but I'll be a good boy and wait for the release.

Btw, about the Resident Evil games. How about Resident Evil: Archives? I bet they'll spam all the games up to CV, just so they can make more money on having me buy the games... AGAIN! I'm playing the Archive port of REmake now, and I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on Zero again. Wooh, zombies! ^^

#76 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:36 AM

HOLY CRAP SCRIBBLENAUTS. AND I DON'T EVEN OWN A DS. THAT'S HOW AWESOME THIS GAME LOOKS.

I was gonna post a link to a forum post that sums up its awesome better than I ever could, but it has naughty words so not linking to be on the safe side. But Google up "Post 217." Seriously, go ahead, I'll wait.

Gameplay video? Well, how about
Shotgun-toting God on a Skateboard vs. Cthulhu? Yes, really. (Click the June 10th video)
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#77 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:02 AM

HECK YES! I'll get a DS just for that game! The possibilities....0_0!

#78 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:03 AM

I just bought myself a copy of Turok for 9.99 and my order for inFAMOUS from 2-3 weeks ago at half price finally shipped. Plus, I have a copy of Lost Planet from the bargain bin in my desk. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

No more buying games till Halo 3: ODST/ACII/MW2 drops.

#79 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:34 AM

How's InFamous? and what's your PSN?

#80 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 16 2009, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How's InFamous? and what's your PSN?

I'll tell you when I get it. I'm still waiting for the shipping notice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users