• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#61 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

to me Lay of Leithian (possibly wrong) was a much better story and in my youth was the story I would have brought to the silver screen if I could have.

Personally I also preffer of story of Beren and Luthien.

I do not think Tolkien was obsessed with the Children of Hurin (and I think it is more based on the Finnish epic poem the Kalevala than in Wagner anyway). After all, he told the Lay of Leithian was the most important story of the legendarium (and the Fall of Gondolin was also one of the most importatn according him, and he barely worked on it). It is only that the Children of Hurin was the only he got to end.

Sorts of.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#62 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

Guys we`re getting SIDETRACKED.jpg(sidetracked)

Sorry that's my fault I mentioned Lord of the rings.

#63 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

Ron and Hermione have them and so do Harry and Ginny.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
no.

They began to "have moments" after book three, and they were sporadic and, admittedly, awkward as Hell. Half the time, it was almost like a psychological-horror about a ghost pushing two people who CLEARLY don't like each other (in Ron and Hermione's case), or people who don't know each other (Harry and Ginny's case (seriously, did they ever talk beyond that one run-in at Ron's house before, like, book four or something?).

I'm not gonna start a pairing war, because although they're "canon" pairings, they're horribly written canon-pairings that never should have happened, and arguing about it would be like arguing who's king of the mountain of solidified sewage.

#64 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:50 AM

no.

They began to "have moments" after book three, and they were sporadic and, admittedly, awkward as Hell. Half the time, it was almost like a psychological-horror about a ghost pushing two people who CLEARLY don't like each other (in Ron and Hermione's case), or people who don't know each other (Harry and Ginny's case (seriously, did they ever talk beyond that one run-in at Ron's house before, like, book four or something?).

I'm not gonna start a pairing war, because although they're "canon" pairings, they're horribly written canon-pairings that never should have happened, and arguing about it would be like arguing who's king of the mountain of solidified sewage.

Was that really necessary?

#65 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:33 AM

They began to "have moments" after book three, and they were sporadic and, admittedly, awkward as Hell. Half the time, it was almost like a psychological-horror about a ghost pushing two people who CLEARLY don't like each other (in Ron and Hermione's case)

Half the time?  No.  While Ron didn't care for Hermione's bossiness at first (neither did Harry), that lasted for less than half of the first book.  Ron's crush on Hermione became apparent in the second book, when he was irked by Hermione's crush on their handsome, suave, and famous professor, Gilderoy Lockhart.  The dynamic between them continued to build from there, when their frustrated feelings for each other were undeniable in the fourth book.

So no, not half the time.  Maybe 100 pages of the first book.  Maybe.

or people who don't know each other (Harry and Ginny's case (seriously, did they ever talk beyond that one run-in at Ron's house before, like, book four or something?).

As for Harry and Ginny, the climax of the second book is Harry saving Ginny's life in the Chamber of Secrets.  It's true that Rowling did not focus on their relationship until toward the end of the sixth book, but it's fairly clear why.  Harry and Ginny getting together was set up in the first book and then put on the back burner until it was an appropriate time.

I can agree that popularity does not necessarily equal quality or substance, but a bitter and hateful opinion doesn't carry any more weight simply because it is contrary.  

The Harry Potter books are the second best-selling series in the world, selling hundreds of millions of copies and translated into 68 languages.  If it had truly featured "horribly written canon-pairings that never should have happened" it is unlikely the series would have generated so much interest or such a huge, passionate, decade-long following.

But by all means share your disdain.  It probably won't change the feelings of fans, and everyone has a right to an opinion.

Edited by KnS, 02 January 2014 - 01:38 AM.

#66 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:16 AM

no.

I bet 5 likes you only saw the movies.

By the way. How awesome is it that Harry and Ron are coworkers at the Auror department. Just imagine being some punk ass troublemaking wizard and the dynamic duo comes after you.

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#67 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:02 AM

The Harry Potter books are the second best-selling series in the world, selling hundreds of millions of copies and translated into 68 languages.  If it had truly featured "horribly written canon-pairings that never should have happened" it is unlikely the series would have generated so much interest or such a huge, passionate, decade-long following.

Personally I think most fans do not care about pairings -remember the series was aimed at kids at the beginning-, or they care but are more concerned about the war against Voldemort and would not stop read the books only because their favorite couple did not become canon.

I am not telling that most people hated the canon couples; but that the series could be succesful even if they were horribly written. That is debatable.

I guess this is a good point to copy-paste a post of mine in another thread:

Back in August I decided trying and finding out what was the big deal with HP (you can call me latecomer), and I read the first book. I YET don't see what the big deal was, but I found it entertaining. I purchased the third and fourth volume (unfortunately the second book was not available in the moment), and the third book was fine, but the fourth... It was not bad, but I found it worse than the earlier books. There were many things that bothered me... I know exactly what some of them are, but there was something else... something I can not put the finger on... Anyway I enjoyed it way less, it got plainly tiresome sometimes, the repetitiveness of some situations was annoying, and I have heard from several sources that after the first books the quality takes a dip, so I think I won't keep reading. It is strange becoming so apathetic right when the plot is apparently heating up -if you have read the end of the fourth book, you know what I am talking about; if you have not, then I won't spoil it-, but...

Regardless, I know what the canon pairings are. RonxHermione are the canon pairing, I know that (and from that I heard, Rowling went through great lengths to wipe out any chance of HxH becoming canon).

But I don't think that I like very much RonxHermione.

Maybe the trouble is that I have missed the second volume, and some people tell that it was blatantly obvious in that book... But you'll see, I read the first and third volumes and I never saw one scene that I might consider romantic or leading at a romantic relationship (mind you that I was not actively searching them out... but I was not determined to pretend to not see them either). It was not until I was HALFWAY the FOURTH book that I saw a scene that hinted that there was something between Ron and Hermione.

Up to then, it was all scenes of friendship between the three of them. So to me, ship HxH or RxH depended on what relationship you liked the most, since the moments that usually sell me on a canon pairing (scenes that usually hint love is springing and growing between two persons) were absent.

And honestly I think I liked the relationship between Harry and Hermione more. They actually get along WELL! On the other hand, when Ron and Hermione are together, they spend the whole time yelling at each other and arguing. And often Ron was excessively and innecessarily cruel to her (I remember one scene where Harry called him on it, telling that Hermione had cried cause his words, and Ron nonchalantly replied "So what? She should know for now that nobody likes her". I know, it was in the first volume before the three of them became friends, but it bugged me greatly) and Hermione was innecessarily snappy (in the fourth volume she was constantly snapping at anything that Ron told, invariably taking it the wrong way and putting words on his mouth).

The only instances of them being civil with each other that I can remember consisted of them working together to ensure Harry's wellfare and survival, and of them thinking about how much hated someone was picking on Harry (Draco, Snape) or valued someone was supporting Harry (Hagrid, Dumbledore, Lupin... you have the idea).

"But several pairings that you ship spend most of time yelling at each other and fighting!"

Yes, I know that (it is bound to happen when you have no trouble shipping the Idiiot Hero with the Tsundere). I realized it and I pondered why it did not work for me in this instance. I think that I found the answer: in all other instances there were softer and more tender moments early on that hinted love was developing between them.

Sayaka/Kouji (Mazinger-Z/Tranzor-Z)? In one chapter, Kouji completely freaked out when he thought that Sayaka was in danger (he was so freaked out that he stole a bike without realizing. Don't ask), and when he found her lying on the ground uncoscious he huged her. Misty/Ash (Pokemon)? In episode THREE you have Ash earnestly entrusting one of his Pokemon to Misty, and Misty smiling fondly after his victory, thinking she haad never met someone like him. Ranma/Akane (Ranma 1/2)? You found hints of love developing between them in volume ONE (someone remembers that scene where Ranma can't walk and Akane carries him on her back? Or that scene where Ranma is constantly gazing at Akane during a softball match?).

I did not see that between Ron and Hermione up to the fourth volume.

"But they were eleven when the series began! What did you expect between them?"

Like I said, something -ANYTHING!- that hinted a positive relationship was developing between them BEFORE the HALF-POINT of the BLOODY series.

That is the trouble that I have with Ron/Hermione that I have not with Ranma/Akane, Ash/Misty, Kouji/Sayaka, Asuka/Shinji, Kaori/Ryo (City Hunter), etcetera. All of those couples argued, indeed, but in the early chapters there was scenes hinted they cared for each other in more ways than friendship.

Lately I have been watching Galient (a mecha show). The two main characters are twelve, but you can see they greatly cared for each other, and some character teases them about it.

Ron/Hermione? First hint is Ron getting jealous halfway in the fourth -FOURTH!- book of a seven-book-long series. Very shortly before he realized Hermione was a girl, hence she could take to the dance either of them (either of them. His words), so at east one of them did not look pitifully lonely.

"So you think than Rowling is not good writing romance?"

Well... It is a personal opinion. But I do not think -I stress the word- that she is. She does not seem care much for "Show, don't tell", that is a very important rule when writing fiction.

"What do you mean?"

In the fourth book we are told that Harry has a crush on Cho. That Harry likes Cho. That Harry is IN LOVE with Cho. We are told that repeatedly. And Harry often thinks about his feelings towards Cho. He repeatedly thinks how much he likes her.

And every time it happened I thought of the same thing: WHY?

If I am not mistaken, she showed up in the third book during a quidditch match. That was her only appearance in that book, and Harry and she did not really talk. And in the whole fourth book Harry and she only interacted once: when he asked her going to the dance with him, and she turned him down.

Do you see? There was no interaction, no development, no anything. We were told that Harry liked Cho, but we were not shown WHY or HOW. It was simply expected we simply accepted it.

Was it only a crush? then why giving it attention and space instead of developing the main plot?

And if I am not mistaken, Harry ended up with Ginny, right? Then what was the point of beating us over the head with his love towards Cho? Giving him a heart-break in order to milk the angst for all what it was worth? And since we have mentioned Ginny, I know that in the second book he saved her life... and in the beginning of the third it is mentioned that she has a crush on him. However I have barely seen them interacting during four -thick- books. Given the trend, I am afraid that in the next books they will get together with almost no "on screen" development.

And talking about beating readers over their heads with something... As I read the fourth book I had the feeling of we were being beaten over the head with this message: "Harry and Hermione are only friends. Harry regards the possibility of she being his girlfriend like something ridiculous and absurd. It is something so stupid that it is tabloid-worthy, only a slanderist journalist would come up with it, and only a blithering idiot like the Slytherin students would believe it". Surely I am wrong, but I felt that message was being repeated over and again through the book ("No, idiot, Harry and Hermione are not a couple, get over it"), and it was the way of Rowling of explicitly telling HxH supporters that pairing was not canon, would never be canon, and they were silly for ever considering it. I am sure I am wrong, but Rowling publicly stating whoever did not see RonxHermione coming needed a reality check (or something alongside those lines) does not help matters.

So I had the feeling (I repeat: the feeling) of Rowling was being innecessarily blunt and insistent to the point of rudeness with a bunch of her readers. A position that I find unbecoming of a professional creative (you disagree with your work's fans, but you are not rude to them and you do not engage in fights with them) and contributed to sour me on RonXHermione.

So, in this point, it is HarryxHermione to me.

Surprisingly, since I usually have no troubles accepting or shipping canon pairings.

It has only happened to me once before: when I started reading Urusei Yatsura I shipped Ataru/Shinobu. However Ataru/Lum became the kind of official couple several volumes later. However they never clicked together to me for some reason. In fact, i thought that Ataru/Shinobu were becoming the official couple...

And THEN I found that Ataru/Shinobu WAS meant to be the official couple, but Takahashi's editor forced her to change it. Then I understood why Ataru/Lum felt wrong to me.

Am I insinuating that Rowling did not intend pairing up Ron and Hermione and she is only pretending that she did? Not at all. I doubt not that was always her intent. I am only telling she did not make -TO ME- a good work on developing their relationship and she never won me over. And I am EASY to win over regarding this stuff.

Talking about pairings with little build-up, before creating Dragon Ball, Akira Toriyama created another popular -at least back then- manga: Dr. Slump. Many couples in Dr. Slump happened all of sudden, and often got together off panel. In the afterword of the final volumes, toriyama explained that he does not like writing romance, but his -then- editor liked reading romance, so forced him to include it... So Toriyama made pairings with so little build-up as possible to get it out of the way. That explains many things about Dragon Ball, does not it?

(Talking about DB, Toriyama also mentioned in those Afterwords said that his editor was pressing him to pair up two characters of his newest work that he had just began publishing, but he did not want because was sick of being pressed about the issue. Those two characters were -you guessed it- Son Goku and Bulma)

I reckon that some of you will be thinking of several arguments to counterweight my opinions about RxH, or suggesting me reading the second book... If so, I suggest you don't bother yourselves with it. I am not interested in arguing about it -the issue is not worth of it- and my interest in Harry Potter has waned nearly so quick as it began (for reasons have nothing to do with pairings. After all, I knew what pairings were canon before reading the first book).

It is something has happened to me constantly with manga/anime (Naruto, Bleach, Saint Seiya...), comic-books (Spider-Man, Superman, X-Men...) all kind of books and movies and even video games (Super Mario Bros, the Legend of Zelda, Sonic, Mega Man, final Fantasy...). I find something new -or new to me- that raises my interest and even my passion... but that franchise leaves its beginnings behind, and my passion fades as time passes and more and more things that I dislike or don't care for are added.

IMO, the trouble is when a fan starts reading/watching something and he/she likes that stuff, that fan sees endless and thrilling possibilities spreading in front of him/her, and gets thrilled about the future, speculating about what marvels he/she will -or would like to- see and looking forward to it. But he/she does not realize that sooner or later, the creators or people in control will have to choose one of those possibilities and discard the rest... and maybe he/she does not like the chosen possibility. Or how it is being handled. Or he/she likes the chosen option and how it is being handled, but then it is wiped out and replaced.

I guess the best option is realizing we are no in control, taking things rationally and knowing when letting go.

I am sorry for the long post, but this is my view in the matter of Harry Potter couples. Feel free to disagree.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#68 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

I am sorry for the long post, but this is my view in the matter of Harry Potter couples. Feel free to disagree.

I would not even try to disagree, as I strongly believe that each reader's experience and perception is his/her own.  You feel the way you feel about the material and that's cool.  You took the time to express your thoughts in a calm, rational, and respectful way, and that's something I always appreciate.  

Looking back at what I've written on this thread, I am reminded that I should take more care when expressing my opinions.  I don't mean to sound authoritative and dismissive of differing interpretations.  

For what it's worth, I don't happen to feel that JK Rowling is beyond criticism.  While I do not have an issue with the way she wrote relationships, I had a serious issue with the way she wrote the conclusion to the series, and was quite disappointed with the final book for several reasons.

I reckon that some of you will be thinking of several arguments to counterweight my opinions about RxH, or suggesting me reading the second book... If so, I suggest you don't bother yourselves with it. I am not interested in arguing about it -the issue is not worth of it- and my interest in Harry Potter has waned nearly so quick as it began (for reasons have nothing to do with pairings. After all, I knew what pairings were canon before reading the first book).

Obviously I did not interpret the relationships in the books the way you did, and could offer my own explanation as to why I (and literally millions of others) understood Rowling's direction and intentions and enjoyed her work very much.  However, since you have stated you're not interested, I'll take your suggestion and not bother.

Personally, I find these kinds of varying reader perceptions fascinating.  Many times I have wished I could magically trade places with people who interpret things radically different than I do.  I wish I could get in their heads so I could feel what they feel and follow how they formed their opinions and conclusions.  But unfortunately it's not possible, and I can only accept their feelings -- often without being able to understand them.

To be completely honest, I find a lot of similarity between the shipping arguments in the Potter and Naruto fandoms.  Ron was the Sakura of the Potter fandom.  He was beat up, torn down, and bashed more than any other character.  Most of the people I encountered who shipped (or preferred) Harry/Hermione and disliked Ron/Hermione did so because they thought Ron was "useless" and "stupid" and "abusive," and they had no patience or sympathy for his personal shortcomings.  Sound familiar?  

And the fact that Ron was in the way of the pairing they wanted to see happen only served to magnify their dislike of his character, and sometimes resulted in their dislike of JK Rowling's work overall, concluding that she was a terrible writer because she was writing toward a set of relationships that they didn't see, didn't like, and that disappointed them.  

Just as it is with Sakura, I saw Ron as a typical teenage boy who made mistakes as he was trying to grow up and understand his feelings and relationships.  He wasn't perfect, just as Sakura is not, but the amount of hate he received was very similar.

Likewise, fan devotion to Harry/Hermione reminds me of fan devotion to NH only with even less canon support, since neither Harry nor Hermione were ever romantically interested in the other in any way at any time.  Again, a lot of it had to do with how much they disliked Ron, just as NH is usually fueled by a dislike of Sakura.  People say Ron didn't seem to like Hermione based on the way he acted at times, just like people say that Sakura doesn't really like Naruto based on the way she acts at times.  

It's been an interesting experience to discover that some Naruto fans ship NS, defend Sakura, and believe NH doesn't work and won't happen, but at the same time dislike and reject Ron/Hermione, dislike Ron, and believe H/Hr could have worked and should have happened.  Perspective is a strange thing, and obviously isn't always one-size-fits-all.

I guess the point I'd ultimately like to make is that none of us should judge others for what they like or the way they experience what they read.  So much of the way we interpret things is dependent on our mood at the time, our collective life experiences, and a writer's style.  It's all good, as long as we can be respectful of each other and agree to live and let live -- regardless of the fandom.

Just my opinion(s).

#69 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

Wow, things got heavy in here. You both make good point (besides Yoshi, he`s just bashing).

Now to lighten up the mood just a little bit.

Anyone ever think about the shoelace scene and the cookie feed between Harry in Ginny scene. Is it just me or is Ginny actually a master flirt. Honestly if the eaters haven`t attacked when they did, Harry would need one hell of a cold shower (i know I would)

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#70 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts
  • Interests:I'm still alive! more active on twitter :)

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

^I don't believe we should hang out people like that. Please.

Anyway, my problem with RonxHermoine is the lack of tender moments between them in their young years. I think Rowling tried to write the way children acted in love, childish attempts at making someone jealous, or denying your feelings for example. But I sometimes found them quite cruel.

We were given a lot of hints that they had feelings for eachother(jealousy, hurt feelings, dance etc). I accepted it, but found no reason to ship it. :/ I sometimes wondered why she would fight for that boy.  :headscratch: Their personalities click though. They did not always get along well because she was snappy and he was insensitive. But at the same time Ron has a sense of humour, he might make Hermoine loosen up a bit. I also think she can keep him somewhat in check, he's a bit dorky x)

And that is just my opinion. :P

Edited by sushi., 02 January 2014 - 03:55 PM.

ナルサク

#71 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

I ship Harry with no one. Ginny and him didn't spend enough time together early on, and his relationship with Hermoine was always platonic.

I accept him with Ginny though. I really liked that he became a part of the Weasley family. They were warm and cozy and always accepted him. :3

yea i agree with this ginny just came up all suddenly . But i think harry x hermoine i kinda like it she was nice to harry from the begining. And they look good together

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#72 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

^I don't believe we should hang out people like that. Please.

Anyway, my problem with RonxHermoine is the lack of tender moments between them in their young years. I think Rowling tried to write the way children acted in love, childish attempts at making someone jealous, or denying your feelings for example. But I sometimes found them quite cruel.

We were given a lot of hints that they had feelings for eachother(jealousy, hurt feelings, dance etc). I accepted it, but found no reason to ship it. :/ I sometimes wondered why she would fight for that boy.  :headscratch: Their personalities click though. They did not always get along well because she was snappy and he was insensitive. But at the same time Ron has a sense of humour, he might make Hermoine loosen up a bit. I also think she can keep him somewhat in check, he's a bit dorky x)

And that is just my opinion. :P

Well since the cannon ships have been selected all we can do is discuss the moments and how much we agree or support them

yea i agree with this ginny just came up all suddenly . But i think harry x hermoine i kinda like it she was nice to harry from the begining. And they look good together

Well since the cannon ships have been selected all we can do is discuss the moments and how much we agree or support them.

#73 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

I think Harry and Hermoine are fine just the way they are. You don't choose your life partner because you 'actually get along well with them" or because you 'look good together'. I think I've accepted RxH so much that I now believe romance between Harry and Hermoine would ruin them. A boy and a girl can be friends, and just that. Besides, I think Rowling also paired Ron with Hermoine so he wouldn't be alone. XD Harry has his sister, so it's not like they can switch or anything.

Edited by sushi., 02 January 2014 - 04:24 PM.

ナルサク

#74 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

I think Harry and Hermoine are fine just the way they are. You don't choose your life partner because you 'actually get along well with them" or because you 'look good together'. I think I've accepted RxH so much that I now believe romance between Harry and Hermoine would ruin them. A boy and a girl can be friends, and just that. Besides, I think Rowling also paired Ron with Hermoine so he wouldn't be alone. XD Harry has his sister, so it's not like they can switch or anything.

Best friend got the girl... so he nailed his sister (cba to find the actual meme). Funny enough both Rupert and Daniel had a crush on Emma when they were younger.

Also am I the only one who thinks that Ginny (and her actress) looks infinitely better with no makeup. It something about her face that works best with minimum effort.

#75 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

Best friend got the girl... so he nailed his sister (cba to find the actual meme). Funny enough both Rupert and Daniel had a crush on Emma when they were younger.

Also am I the only one who thinks that Ginny (and her actress) looks infinitely better with no makeup. It something about her face that works best with minimum effort.

I know that one. Is this the original?

That smile tho.

ナルサク

#76 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

YAY, Harry Potter thread!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, Okay!!! OTP: Harry X Hermione, though I have long accepted Harry being with Ginny. Loved the story but considered the final duel............. anti-climatic. But that's just me.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#77 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:22 PM

I know that one. Is this the original?

That smile tho.

Thats the one. I love the Horny Harry memes.

Also sushi I`m kinda disapointed at you. Everytime I even mention my whole anti-makeup theory we end up having an argument. don`t leave me hanging now :D

If you arent going to be mad at me here`s some of my favorite Horny Harry memes:

Horny Harry in the house

Okay, Okay!!! OTP: Harry X Hermione, though I have long accepted Harry being with Ginny. Loved the story but considered the final duel............. anti-climatic. But that's just me.

I actually kinda agree on that. All that build up and all we basicly got was a way awesomer rematch of the graveyard battle. It was cool non the less.

#78 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:33 PM

Yeah I felt the bad guys were taken down to quick. So which final duel do you think was better book or film.

#79 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

Yeah I felt the bad guys were taken down to quick. So which final duel do you think was better book or film.

Until I reread the series Im gonna say movie. Simply because the action is more intense.

#80 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,073 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

Yes, but the book explained Voldemort's death so it made sense. In the movie, it was like he simply wasn't as invincible as we thought. :confused:

ナルサク

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users