534 replies to this topic

#61 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:09 AM

I just don't see a point in disputing stuff like this anymore.

"Why did Madara throw away the only tools that could stop him?"

I don't know, why didn't Minato just teleport away before he transferred the chakra to Naruto. He should have known beforehand that any interruption could screw up the transfer.

teleport away? you mean with Sakura too? 

anyway...I guess I don't care as long as Naruto lives....but wow Madara XD

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#62 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:09 AM

There was. It's how Naruto was able to tell that she was hiding something.

It wasn't emphasised upon, though. Certainly not more than Sai explaining to Naruto what Sakura was doing and why, that is.

I don't think people understand that it's not what's inside these tools, but what these things can do. Rikudou's Ninja Tools are some of the most powerful sealing weapons in Naruto's Universe

Oh, pff... That's right. I guess that's how they'll seal Juubi.

Edited by Hiraishin, 12 February 2014 - 07:10 AM.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#63 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:11 AM

Actually, my thoughts went to this panel when Kushina said that...

http://www.mangapand...hapter-245.html

I feel we need a flow chart of all these moments... pining everything together XD

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#64 Awes9

Awes9

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:12 AM

Honestly I'm still trying to recover from the massive mood whiplash. The absolute last thing I expected coming into this chapter was an extended comedy routine with Team Guy, I understand the need to have some levity in the story to balance out the darkness but to me it just felt out of place, or at the very least it went on a little too long.

I would be happy to see more of Tenten but it's definitely too little too late, she's barely been a character for so long that her showing up now doesn't do much, though wouldn't it be the absolute pinnacle of irony if Tenten was somehow involved in the defeat/sealing of Madara.

Perfectly said I really hated that part too and it felt completely out of place.

Tenten being involved in Madara's defeat would be stupid imo.

I still think it's Kabuto, Kishi is just playing it for suspense purposes and he will find some bias reason for why Karin couldn't recognize Kabuto.

#65 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:21 AM

Perfectly said I really hated that part too and it felt completely out of place.

Tenten being involved in Madara's defeat would be stupid imo.

I still think it's Kabuto, Kishi is just playing it for suspense purposes and he will find some bias reason for why Karin couldn't recognize Kabuto.

He should do that just to troll everyone.

Probably. Maybe reforming or whatever will have changed his chakra signature to the point that Karin can't recognise it anymore.
If it's not Kabuto, I have no idea who it is.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#66 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:23 AM

Good thing I read Bleach first. Disappointed in that. Here, I'm excited. Not a great chapter, but it's a good one and the suspense is increasing more. Full thoughts very soon. :)

#67 Rakshasa

Rakshasa

Shadow Dancer

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:23 AM

ahem..

from the first few pages i suddenly realised, that i like the style of drawings very very much.
next thing: what about the mysterious person? still, no hints who it can be except "the wind stopping" :hm: even the aura shape has nothing familiar.. guess we'll have to wait for another chapter to be sure enough who he might be..
OMG! I`m so reliefed and happy to FINALLY find out what's happening to Gai, Lee and Ten-Ten :boogie: oh it's so precious to see them full of spirit and usual absurd determination :boogie: poor Ten-Ten, though
thanks for giving them a few panels, Kishi!
awwww.. what a wonderful flashback.. it almost touched my heart. Minato and Kushina are so adorable.

and then..
in the end of every chapter Kishi makes a huge inrigue and you think "what can be worse than that?"
now when god-like Madara arrived a miracle must happen to solve this hopeless situation.. but, wait, it`s Naruto - they`ll definately make it.

P.S. in this chapter i didn`t really care about pairing thing, wow.

Edited by Rakshasa, 12 February 2014 - 07:27 AM.

6c8623224615.gif     

#68 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:24 AM

It wasn't emphasised upon, though. Certainly not more than Sai explaining to Naruto what Sakura was doing and why, that is.

I consider it was emphasized when Naruto flashbacked to those instances of Sakura showing care for Sasuke. Naruto knew because of it that Sakura wouldn't simply say something like "I don't care about Sasuke anymore", hence knowing she was hiding something.

Naruto even comments about Sakura making excuses and him knowing her better then that.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to compare if this or Sai's scene had more focus, it doesn't really matter to me. Both exists for what they are. One is for Naruto knowing that something was up, and the other for Sai to explain what that is specifically.

#69 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:28 AM

Wow, that was an unexpected twist in the Kyuubi transfer.

Good thing Team Guy are on their way with the Sage's ninja tools and a bit of Kyuubi chakra.  :P

Quite honestly, I felt the comedy routine was really out of place and went on too long.  The joke about Neji dying was just pouring salt into the wounds of Neji fans.  :sweatdrop:

I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see who the mysterious figure was, I had been expecting the first part of this chapter to be focused on him and Sasuke.  Karin doesn't know that chakra, so it couldn't be Kabuto, could it?  She and Kabuto would have met each other before Sasuke killed Oro, right?

The Minato/Kushina scene was really nice, it made me smile.  :D   I really liked the dialogue and expressions in those panels.  Oh, Kushina, you were so right about Naruto... Especially about his inability to understand girls, and his drive to be Hokage.  :lol:

It seems we're going to see Kakashi, Minato and Gaara holding off Madara until Team Guy make their DYNAMIC ENTRY.  I don't think Madara is simply going to let Black Zetsu walk around, because he needs that eye and he will also want the Kyuubi's other half.  Obito could wake up and fight back, hopefully.

Can't wait for next week, and hopefully there will be less comedy from Team Guy.  :roll:

#70 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:30 AM

I'm just going to call it now, Naruto will be saved using the Kyuubi Chakra from Ginkaku and Kinkaku, (if Yin Kurama who was made when Minato sealed away half a Kurama's Chakra, the Chakra from them should be enough to make like a Pygmy Kurama (it if is a smaller Kurama please let it be Chibi Kurama :wibble:).

I loved the MinaKushi bit, it's amazing how right Kushina was. can't wait for next week.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#71 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:35 AM

Before I write my thoughts, curious question, but don't you still need the host itself to live? If anything I can see race to end Madara to get Kuruma before Naruto waste the chakra. That would be great, but I'll wait.

#72 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:53 AM

That was a rather interesting chapter I must say, and it was quite a surprise to see Black Zetsu do that and steal away the negative half of Kurama from Minato. So now Madara has the full power of Kurama within him, but there's still a way to save Naruto. The Black and Sliver Brothers are still sealed in that pot and they possess Kurama's chakra, so if they could extract that from them, there's a possibility of saving Naruto!

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#73 lord287

lord287

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:07 AM

I seriously am worrying that the only way to save Naruto now will be Sakura doing chiyo type of jutsu. I wish their is some other way. I really don't want NS to fail after having my hopes risen so much again(chapter 663 :D). All in all chapter was quite simple, we came to know actually nothing but that sage's tools will/can lead to Madara's demise.

REST IN PEACE

15 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENTS

#74 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

I don't think people understand that it's not what's inside these tools, but what these things can do. Rikudou's Ninja Tools are some of the most powerful sealing weapons in Naruto's Universe

Exactly, not only can they be used to save Naruto, but they can also be used to attack Madara.

Until then, Naruto and Sakura are completely vulnerable to attack.  Sakura can't move away from Naruto because she is his lifeline, and she also needs to focus on keeping his heart and lungs going.

#75 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:anime/ manga, TCGs, JRPGs

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:09 AM

#76 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:09 AM

I don't think anyone has that same casual posture with their arms sticking out at the side and their legs spread apart like he does. The mysterious figure's intentions are unknown and they're appearing just as a silhouette. Being enigmatic and visually shrouded like that is one of Kabuto's trademarks. 

Possible identity of mysterious figure

Granted, the mysterious figure's left arm appears to be pressing against their body, but their physical structure looks similar enough with the two silhouette panels of Kabuto. If you examine the white figure's legs closely, you can make out what seems to be the ends of a pair of pants that stop where the calves would be. What's also telling is that you can't make out any folds or protrusions on the upper body of the figure (aside from what looks to be chakra running off their shoulders and head) to indicate that they would be wearing a shirt. It would have to be fitted tightly on them for it not to show.

Kabuto was last seen wearing pants of a similar design with no shirt on.  

#77 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:12 AM

I'm not sure if anyone pointed this out already, because I only read the first and last page of this thread. :lol:

But did anyone else notice that the moments with Team Gai were very "Rock Lee and his Ninja Pals"-esque? Like...extremely so. To the point where those moments could have been in the spin-off themselves. Kishimoto obviously has drawn inspiration from that spin-off.

Also, that MinaKushi scene was lovely. :wub:

I can't wait to see what happens next. Team Gai is probably gonna step in but until they get there, I'm curious to see what will happen with Naruto, Sakura, Minato, Kakashi, Gaara, Obito, Black Zetsu and Madara. Naruto and Sakura are certainly in danger since Sakura has to focus on keeping Naruto alive until they can find a way to save him. I have to confess, while I am a little curious as to whom the mystery person is, I'm not too curious. I guess that's because, at the moment, I all I can focus on is what'll happen with Naruto and Sakura. :lol: It could be Kabuto. It might not be.

Edited by Moon_Girl, 12 February 2014 - 08:14 AM.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#78 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

Am I the only one who like the comedy in team guy comedic moment?

and I think kronin from nf prediction about guy performing 8 gate would happen.

and this chapter title coincidentally similiar with 663. in 663 it's sakura thought and now in this chapter it's minato turn. I think we would get a kakashi tought for next chapter or not.

@luckychi7, is this chapter a focus chapter? or the building one?  

and last one, I believe that ns developement already finish at iron country.

#79 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

Before I write my thoughts, curious question, but don't you still need the host itself to live? If anything I can see race to end Madara to get Kuruma before Naruto waste the chakra. That would be great, but I'll wait.

I was thinking that too, but considering that Killer Bee is probably still alive because Gyuki cut off one of his tentacles, I will guess that transferring a sufficient amount of bijuu chakra will at least prevent death, even if there's not a full recovery.

#80 jacqueline

jacqueline

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

Team Guy. Comedy Team forever lol

Edited by jacqueline, 12 February 2014 - 08:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users