#61 Arrakesh

Arrakesh

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Jul 1 2011, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, to be honest...when I look back at the first few episodes of Naruto even I think he was an idiot. And he is my favorite character in the series. I remember the first time I saw episode one I quit watching Naruto until after my friend convinced me to watched a few more episodes. So I wouldn't call that a lack of faith. When someone does something stupid, it kind of deserves that response. Sakura calls him an idiot all the time, even more so.

He does tell Iruka he doesn't believe Naruto will be acknowledge by the village. When he runs around playing pranks and vandalizing the hokage monuments, I'd be in total agreement. Sarutobi knew that Naruto needed a bond, which is why he chose Iruka and talked to him about forming a bond with Naruto because they were both oprhans. If he really didn't care about Naruto as a person he would not have asked for Iruka's compassion.

And with the Kyuubi, as Hokage, even if he cares about Naruto the security of Konoha is paramount. It's like that with every other nation with a Bijuu. The Raikage would send people out to retrieve Bee and he always kept him "trapped" in the village. It doesn't mean he does not care about Bee. Would Sarutobi do things differently if he was not Hokage? I don't know. But at least he did not send the ANBU to recover him.

Like I said before, it's a personal preference. Everyone copes with stress or trauma differently. I cope better with what Naruto had to go through. I know it's not easy to detach yourself from what happened to Sasuke. I really think Sasuke suffered from Survivor's Guilt. It's something people in the military and survivors of the Holocaust have experienced. It's not the fact that a bond was broken, but the way it was broken. There's a difference between a break-up, divorce, or getting in a fight and going your separate ways. I'm not very good with explaining it, but here's an article fox news put out regarding the military. Survivor's Guilt. It's a form of Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.

This will be my last post on the topic. I was just wanting to share my opinion and a brief reasoning. I wasn't expecting a full on debate. I'm not looking to changing anyone's opinion because I really don't know what their life experiences are. They are what define who you are and determine how you handle varying situations.

As I said on a previous post, it is only human that we support situations or people we can relate too. It's part of our nature.

Now, changing topics too (this one got a bit old /lol) I still think that someone or anyone who was friends with Naruto's parents should have better supported him as he grew up. For instance, even Sasuke had some of his father attention (even if not what he desired). Shikamaru, Chouji, Ino, Kiba, Shino, basically everyone with a shinobi family trained with their parents. Even Hinata trained with her father till she was sent to Kuranai, but after the Chuunin exam, her father sort of came back in that decision.

On the other hand, we have Naruto all alone, no guidance, no support. (just to be clear, this is not about who had worse) I mean, Kakashi was Minato's friend and former pupil. Jiraya was Naruto's godfather, and like a father to Minato. We have no clue what happened to Minato's parents (are they dead? how? when? why?). And Sarutobi who knew the will of Minato just watched him from afar. I am not talking about raising him and holding his hand every day, but he could have done the same he did with Konohomaru, finding a private tutor to help Naruto since he was little. But instead, no one cared enough about Naruto to do anything. As long as he was healthy, in the village, and not spawning the kyubi around, everything was just fine. So, in a way, untill Naruto proved himself as a shinobi (against zabuza and in the chuunin) he was either a monster (general thought of the village) or an inconvencience to be dealt with, and put aside..

I can understand the village thinking badly of Naruto, it's they way with Jinchuriki, but I still cannot admit how those who were friends of his parents just didn't care at all. First time we saw Naruto was by the time he finished the academy (failed but finished anyway), and he was about 12 or 13. Prior to that moment, we have no information on how he lived or grew up. We only "know" that he lived alone in that flat of his, and according to the anime flashbacks, he was alone all the time.

#62 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Jul 1 2011, 05:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do I want people to treat me like crap? No. Who does? But if I were given the choice between what Sasuke went through and what Naruto went through I'd rather be in Naruto's shoes. I've seen what dramatizing events such as the Uchiha Massacre can have on people...some people just snap. Mostly the hatred/animosity for Naruto was from the adults. The kids were just told to stay away and did not know why. In the classroom environment he got to interact with the other kids and I didn't feel they had a hatred towards him. They just kept their distance because they didn't know him, and they had been warned as kids. So it wasn't the "entire" village. You could tell that the younger generation was much easier to warm up to Naruto because they did not know he had the Kyuubi in him. I know when I was a kid, I paid attention to the other kids and rarely cared or interacted with the parents.

I grew up in a very traditional Asian family and their comforting or showing emotions wasn't really in the parental guidelines. It was very much like how Sasuke's father was with him. Just because he was strict and had high expectations, does not mean there is no father-to-son love. The cultures as far as emotion are vastly different. So I wouldn't disregard any type of bonds he may have with his father. And I got the impression Sasuke was a mama's boy, so I could see there being a strong connection with his mom as well. With Naruto and the 3rd personally checked in on Naruto (even though Naruto didn't know). As a leader of a village, he took time to make sure Naruto was taken care of. Watching the early years, I always had the impression that the 3rd had faith that Naruto would become the hero his father dreamed he would become.

just remember People could snap too with such hostility and loneliness from birth there really is NO BETTER option between them sad.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#63 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

I just need to link this somewhere, and well this REALLY ads to the debate here laugh.gif ... Zoro and Sasuke dancing ballet by Ladygt
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users