#61 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

"He left the people". I now find myself separated from those people, because I didn't see it that way at all. All Hinata did was explain Neji's words to Naruto, which makes Neji the first lady not her th_7eyytubokky7rehok1k.gif.
But in all seriousness, don't panic yet Chatte. At least wait until we get back on the field. And for this chapter...I was sort of expecting almost nothing to happen and for it to be one of those chapters that sort of moves the plot along. At least the manga still has my attention...once this flashback isn't too long. Gosh, I feel like if we just got off the Obito one dry.gif, but I'm curious to know what Sasuke will decide after he gets his answer.

Edited by Qia, 13 February 2013 - 11:56 AM.

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#62 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

I feel Hashirama is also a good choice, since the quote is originally his. And since Hashirama is another parallel to Naruto, it's fitting that he give the lecture personally. As much as I'd love for Sakura to do that, I'd prefer it even more if she just sits back in the kitchen stands up for Naruto's dream if/when Obito and Madara starts mocking his dreams. That to me, would be even more meaningful because his dream is everything to him. To see her standing up for it wholeheartedly would mean more to Naruto than anything.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#63 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Kishimoto's trolling us... He's making us to believe that Sasuke will be reedemed after the history lesson from Shodai... He could help the alliance but after that... meh...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that Mito will arrive there in order to help Hashirama. I enjoyed this chapter, well now it's certain that Minato will be trump card of the reunion since he still haven't talked. When he'll talk about a masked man who attacked Konoha 16 years ago Sasuke will take a "definitive" decisione: take revenge against the masked man.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#64 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (Chatte @ Feb 13 2013, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Meh dunno about that, it was stated 2 times now that Naruto surpassed his parents in power and it was most likely referred as in sheer power, not counting the age. Why to wait for the age since Naruto can do it at present age. What? To wait for the manga to finish and just suppose that Sakura has surpassed Tsunade because 2 characters said she has the potential?
I'd say let's just not lie ourselves, Kishi screws big times other characters. He is focusing so much on the past generation when this would be supposed to be about this current generation. We barely see them fighting.
But once again, it's just me being a fool once again. Don't know why I keep putting my hopes in Kishi since for the past couple of years at least, I was disappointed.
But this damn hope keeps clinging...Whatever..

It has being a while now that I start looking on the surpassing stuff a different way, I don't think Kishi meant in power it was more about achievement and goals, otherwise that logic should be applied to the previous generation that followed Hashirama, for example: Hiruzen, Jiraiya, Minato and Kakashi generation, they should all be more powerful than the previous group but through the Manga we came to acknowledge that is wasn't the case, so if the previous generation never surpassed the previous one in raw power in what way they did? Every generation after Madara and Hashirama were able to create improvement to the Shinobi world but all of them failed with the final goal peace, so by Kishi saying that this generation will surpass the previous one he meant that they will achieve the ultimate goals and James gave us a clear example of these goals.

#65 fireandice

fireandice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (Chatte @ Feb 13 2013, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would be nice to see but dunno what to think anymore since he trolled Sakura...dare I say, beyond repair. Because he left the people understand with 615 that behind Naruto, was Hinata. She is the first lady, bla bla and I don't know what will top that!

Umm, where on earth did that come from in 615?? If you're talking about Madara's little missus comment I am pretty sure people who speak Japanese have confirmed that the Mangapanda translation "little girl/young woman", without any romantic implications is more accurate.

Honestly, I am not worried about Hinata at all. Until I see Naruto thinking thoughts of her or her hogging more than two panels in 616, 617, I'm not going to feel threatened.

Saying about yourself being negative and that how people will jump on you for it is like practically making people feel like they need to correct you for your negativity... wink.gif

I get that in your opinion that you think Kishi went back on his word on the previous generation surpassing the next. But I think we should recognise that even though it may not be in terms of raw power or the way we want to, in other perspectives, Kishi is arguably quite true to his theme.

I mean look at the Rikudo Sennin. I doubt even Hashirama or Madara could be as powerful as him!! Even Nagato! It's not very reasonable for us to expect that everyone in the next generation would be even stronger...I mean I think the point is every era has its powerful and legendary shinobi. And Madara isn't exactly playing fair against the 5 kages- he's got Rinnegan and Hashirama's cell upgrades, the Juubi and limitless Edo regeneration! I don't blame them for not being able to beat him.

Like some others have said, I see it more in terms of building on the past generation. In Naruto's generation, all the big shinobi villages have managed to unite together to fight a common threat, something that even Hashirama's generation didn't manage to do. On a more micro level, say Team 7 vs. the Sannin, Sakura vs. Tsunade, for instance, she didn't give in to her despair and is determined to stand with Naruto. Unlike Orochimaru, Sasuke shows far more possibility of redemption, conscience and attachment to his home etc. Naruto may not be a skilled sealing master like Mito, but he did what neither Mito or Kushina managed- befriend Kurama!

Edited by fireandice, 13 February 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#66 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

I was not pleased that I didn't get to see Tobirama's jutsu, but other than that, this chapter was amazing. wow.png (somewhat)

Yeah, I had a small fangirl moment when Minato recognized his son. That was sweet. I think I fangirled harder at the obvious hint that they would all go to the battle field after their talk. This is my dream come true. 8D

-can't wait-

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#67 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

I'm done, I'm tapping out I can't take it anymore. If there's anything I hate more than Sasuke centered Chapters its long drawn out Flashbacks which I have a feeling the next several Chapters are going to be. Kishimoto you never fail to astonish me with how hard you kitten up after you do so well for a while.

uc.png

#68 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

As much I'd want to see Sakura get back, I'm not concerned right now because the focus is still on Sasuke and the hokage. I'm not upset if the setting is not for certain characters. I mean yes we want to see what happened to Sakura following her reaction in 615 but there are still many things to come.

What happened to the kages

Sasuke's answer

Orochimaru taking the kages into battle

Naruto and Sasuke's fight

Sakura and Sai's abstance (should be for a good reason if even Sai was out, I can see him elsewhere to prepare a sealing technique in an attempt to catch madara).

I'm not upset because we don't get to see Sakura yet, I'd be more upset if this year ends up being a repeat of 2012 in which so much of the cast was shafted merely in traveling to reach the frontlines and the majority of the year was major battles. Naruto, Sasuke, and the kages did this last year, its okay for now being its still early in the year and sasuke was gone for a while so a few chapters is okay but not if they keep showing things unclearly. All I'm saying is, once this history lesson ends, Sasuke will have a new resolve and Orchimaru will take the kages to battle after that I'm saying we should shift back to the ten tails fight and see how the alliance will either succeed or get steamrolled once the ten tails is back in action. This was a good chapter though but it seemed like it was a full of dialogue to extend the meeting.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#69 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

FLASHBACKS FLASHBACKS FLASHBACKS.

Eh, pretty boring chapter for me. It was cool how Tobirama and Hashirama had this hostile moment between them, and we saw Hashirama's raw power. And of course he'd be the only one to break free.

They finally found out about the war. And finally Minato sensed Naruto! Looks like they really will be joining the Alliance after all... Hashirama will probably free them from their restraints. Or maybe Orochimaru will pit the First against the rest of the Hokage, before he breaks them free, that'd be cool.

"Whether to take revenge against the Leaf... Or..." I wonder what Sasuke's "other" choice is. Hmm. Regardless, we'll finally be getting that Hashirama vs. Madara flashback. We'll get to find out how he actually beat him. And we'll get to see Mito! Nice. We keep getting more and more flashbacks... It's troublesome, but I think this one will be okay. Exciting, hopefully.

You'd think Hashirama would go try to help his fellow shinobi, rather than sitting answering this fool's questions. I mean, it's MADARA for pete's sake. He personally knows how strong he is, and with the Edo Tensei and Hashirama's cells, he's just that much stronger. And honestly, defeating Orochimaru, Sasuke, Juugo, and Suigetsu should be no problem, even if he does it on his own. And I'm still loving Suigetsu. x3

Edited by mydearbeloved, 13 February 2013 - 01:22 PM.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#70 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (Edward Uzumaki @ Feb 13 2013, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm done, I'm tapping out I can't take it anymore. If there's anything I hate more than Sasuke centered Chapters its long drawn out Flashbacks which I have a feeling the next several Chapters are going to be. Kishimoto you never fail to astonish me with how hard you f**k up after you do so well for a while.

The flashbacks were so meaningless. Things we already saw. Thanks a lot Kishimoto for doing that AGAIN.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#71 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

This chapter was very interesting.I can't wait to see the flashback about Hashirama and Madara's battle. I imagine it will be quite awesome. smile.gif We will also finally find out whether Mito was involved in that battle or not. If it turns out that she was, then that would be good news for Sakura. After all, Kishi loves parallels. wink.gif

As for Sasuke, I am eagerly awaiting his decision. Even though I really want someone to smack some sense into him, I would much rather that he chooses to still destroy the leaf. If not, then the whole juxtaposition between him and Naruto seems kind of pointless.

I am also very curious about Orochimaru. What exactly is his motive? Why does he suddenly care about Sasuke getting answers for his questions?

Oh yeah and Hashirama really is one badass motherf*****. cool.gif

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#72 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

We've never seen what's going on in these flashbacks. And these flashbacks might actually matter in the future since Sasuke has again been paralleled to Madara and Naruto is obviously paralleled to Shodaime

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#73 fireandice

fireandice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Feb 13 2013, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We've never seen what's going on in these flashbacks. And these flashbacks might actually matter in the future since Sasuke has again been paralleled to Madara and Naruto is obviously paralleled to Shodaime

Exactly...in chapter 399/400 we only got one page(a huge, epic one), but nonetheless, only one page showing the battle at the VotE. Plus I don't think the flashback will be confined to the VotE. Maybe more about Konoha's founding, Mito as the first jinchuuriki, the Shodai distributing the bijuu etc.

#74 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Hashirama said that it'll be a long history... Please sit down and take a cup of tea cool.gif

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

uvoJkhc.png

#75 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (mydearbeloved @ Feb 13 2013, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FLASHBACKS FLASHBACKS FLASHBACKS.

Eh, pretty boring chapter for me. It was cool how Tobirama and Hashirama had this hostile moment between them, and we saw Hashirama's raw power. And of course he'd be the only one to break free.

They finally found out about the war. And finally Minato sensed Naruto! Looks like they really will be joining the Alliance after all... Hashirama will probably free them from their restraints. Or maybe Orochimaru will pit the First against the rest of the Hokage, before he breaks them free, that'd be cool.

"Whether to take revenge against the Leaf... Or..." I wonder what Sasuke's "other" choice is. Hmm. Regardless, we'll finally be getting that Hashirama vs. Madara flashback. We'll get to find out how he actually beat him. And we'll get to see Mito! Nice. We keep getting more and more flashbacks... It's troublesome, but I think this one will be okay. Exciting, hopefully.

You'd think Hashirama would go try to help his fellow shinobi, rather than sitting answering this fool's questions. I mean, it's MADARA for pete's sake. He personally knows how strong he is, and with the Edo Tensei and Hashirama's cells, he's just that much stronger. And honestly, defeating Orochimaru, Sasuke, Juugo, and Suigetsu should be no problem, even if he does it on his own. And I'm still loving Suigetsu. x3

Unlike most flashbacks, this one is in the same vein as the Kyuubi flashback. Both explains the true story of what happened and moves the plot along. If you're complaining about this, then you're asking for more brainless action and less substance, like DBZ. Also, unless you haven't been following the fandom, this flashback is the flashback everyone's been waiting for.

As for Hashirama, there's a reason he's doing this. He's seeing the bigger picture. He knows that if he let Sasuke be, he'll just turn into another Madara. That would just make the situation worse than it is now. That's why he's doing the right thing now. It's better for him to try persuading Sasuke than doing nothing. And besides, he trusts the ones on the battlefield to handle it until they get there. That's the true mark of a leader. He's even said it before, to be a Hokage he needs to believe in his people.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#76 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

I'm still hoping that Orochimaru will have an evil secret plan, since he was (still is?) a creepy villain.

Naruto (plus some allies) versus the first four Hokages is much more bad-ass than Naruto being assisted by them.

#77 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Feb 13 2013, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unlike most flashbacks, this one is in the same vein as the Kyuubi flashback. Both explains the true story of what happened and moves the plot along. If you're complaining about this, then you're asking for more brainless action and less substance, like DBZ. Also, unless you haven't been following the fandom, this flashback is the flashback everyone's been waiting for.

As for Hashirama, there's a reason he's doing this. He's seeing the bigger picture. He knows that if he let Sasuke be, he'll just turn into another Madara. That would just make the situation worse than it is now. That's why he's doing the right thing now. It's better for him to try persuading Sasuke than doing nothing. And besides, he trusts the ones on the battlefield to handle it until they get there. That's the true mark of a leader. He's even said it before, to be a Hokage he needs to believe in his people.

QFT

Well said Codus, well said. smile.gif

#78 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (Edward Uzumaki @ Feb 13 2013, 08:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm done, I'm tapping out I can't take it anymore. If there's anything I hate more than Sasuke centered Chapters its long drawn out Flashbacks which I have a feeling the next several Chapters are going to be. Kishimoto you never fail to astonish me with how hard you kitten up after you do so well for a while.

Well then, as per usual, see you till next time Ed
\

#79 fireandice

fireandice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Feb 13 2013, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. It's an important flashback imo, to see what Hashirama intended and his relationship with Madara etc.

It's not quite like the Kabuto flashback which arguably sort of stalled the story...this one is gonna give important background info about the history of Konoha and will affect Sasuke's decision.

#80 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

What kind of reason you'll have in case Mito had the same attitude of Sakura/Kushina anyway? I think that she'll see there in next chapters. The're a connections between Hashirama and Minato.

Both had uzumaki wifes
Hashirama was the ancestor of the bijuu rasengan

It's just me or Kishi's trying to make them more similar than we think?

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

uvoJkhc.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users