69 replies to this topic

#61 Jirucchi

Jirucchi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

I can't help but be amazed on what you've written here. There's another thing that I notice though.

What if, we change Sakura's role with Hinata on chapter 631?

Meaning, Hinata was the one who healed Naruto, Minato asked Naruto whether she (Hinata) is his gf which Naruto answered with "Yeah", and how Minato said that Hinata reminded him of Kushina.

I dare bet with my house and all the savings I have (if I ever have any!) that NaruHina fans would go crazy and saying things like, "HAH! See?! Naruto admits that Hinata is his gf, and even Minato thinks that Hinata is similar with Kushina!", throwing everything that they were going to say if it was Sakura and not Hinata.
The same thing can be applied to NaruSaku fans though. It's fans logic, I guess.

Edited by Jirucchi, 27 May 2013 - 03:45 AM.

#62 Lady_duckish

Lady_duckish

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

I can't help but be amazed on what you've written here. There's another thing that I notice though.

Meaning, Hinata was the one who healed Naruto, Minato asked Naruto whether she (Hinata) is his gf which Naruto answered with "Yeah", and how Minato said that Hinata reminded him of Kushina.

I dare bet with my house and all the savings I have (if I ever have any!) that NaruHina fans would go crazy and saying things like, "HAH! See?! Naruto admits that Hinata is his gf, and even Minato thinks that Hinata is similar with Kushina!", throwing everything that they were going to say if it was Sakura and not Hinata.
The same thing can be applied to NaruSaku fans though. It's fans logic, I guess.

The thing is, I think its important to look at the context/history of each relationship when noting the value of moments like these. What might make a whole lot of sense for one ship, might not add up the same for the next.

Still the marry someone like your mother/rehash the parent's relationship trope seems to be one of those tropes that pretty much seal the deal for relationships. I would have been 98% sure NS was no longer in the running. 

"Thursday cry moved up to Wednesday due to scheduling conflicts" -The Onion (I laughed till I cried)

#63 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:29 AM

Well.. first of all, we don't know how Naruto would respond (remember that he hates people who lie to themselves).

Second, I'm pretty sure that Hinata would not respond in a Tsundere-like manner (she would not headbutt Naruto). In fact, I think she would faint.

Finally, It was the Tsundere-like reaction and the interaction between Naruto and Sakura which prompted Minato to be reminded of Kushina, so we don't know how Minato would respond.

So you could say that I disagree with you, but in the end, we're just commenting about what we're seeing; and what we're seeing is that Naruto still loves Sakura and that Minato compared Sakura to Kushina, which goes accordingly to Kushina's wish for Naruto to find someone like her.

Edited by Shadow Wolf, 27 May 2013 - 04:30 AM.

#64 Jirucchi

Jirucchi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:43 AM

Actually what I'm trying to say here is about how NH fans are saying that we're denial, while in fact, they are no better than us. I know Hinata isn't the tsundere type (and I really can't imagine her head-butting Naruto xD) and that we don't know whether Naruto loves Hinata or not. 

Maybe I just didn't say it clearly, but let's just imagine that Naruto really has started to love Hinata, and that Kushina's personality is the shy one. If this is the case, then Naruto answering "yeah" on Minato's question about Hinata as his gf, confirms that Naruto really has given up on Sakura and loves Hinata instead, and seeing Hinata being all shy and such, Minato says she reminds him of Kushina (just like how Sakura reminds Minato of Kushina because of her short-tempered personality). NaruHina fans would surely say the same thing as we do, no? I think this is more like putting NaruHina fans on the same shoes as us. They simply deny it because they don't want to accept the truth. But it'll be different if they were the one who got the bait.

#65 Lady_duckish

Lady_duckish

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:27 AM

It's really hard to not be biased when it comes to something you are very passionate about.

Yes, those who were pretty much salivating at the idea that Minato was going to suggest Hinata was Naruto's girlfriend would be dancing the jig right now. 

It something that often happens in pairing debates. No one side is immune to it. Just like if it did go down in that fashion, Im sure we would still have NS fans brushing it off despite it being a huge forshadowing trope. 

"Thursday cry moved up to Wednesday due to scheduling conflicts" -The Onion (I laughed till I cried)

#66 Jirucchi

Jirucchi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

Yeah. Just like what you said earlier, it really depends on each pairing developments & relationship's history.
There's actually nothing wrong with being biased, as long as it has its "ground".

No matter how much I love NaruSaku (or my other OTPs), I can still say, "This is not my OTP's moment at all" or "Well, this time is this (opposite) pairing moment. Oh well ..", if that's really the fact. Like how I love ZoRobin, although there are times when I squeal like a fangirl when I saw them together, I can still say that ZoroTashigi might have a higher chance (if there's any romance in One Piece).

Just like when Naruto said that Sakura is his gf, I don't really think of it as a moment (since it might be like his usual serious joke), but at least this confirms that Naruto still loves Sakura. Like what Inferno said, Naruto wouldn't stupidly joking like that if he really start to loves Hinata.

They said, "Minato has been dead all this time, so he didn't know that Hinata has sacrificed herself for Naruto twice! If he knew, he'd asked Naruto about Hinata instead!". Then what is their ground for saying this?

They can shout out their opinion anytime they want, but if they don't have any proof or base, then their opinion is just an opinion.

#67 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

NH is hoping Hinata goes all in for him and just confesses face to face with him. Even if she did I'm 100% sure Naruto would reject her now. He would be kind to her saying she's strong etc etc etc but.... NH is pretty much FF now...

40283620121415711s.jpg

#68 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'm almost completely ignoring the Anti-NS crowd right now. I've seen some reactions from them and as expected, many of them are bashing and downright pissed. Blaming Kishi, Blaming Minato, Blaming Naruto, Blaming Sakura etc. The hate is so strong and frequent more than ever, it's like the entire fandom is tearing itself apart from the inside out. But y'know what? I'm past the point of caring what they have to say. It's only further evidence of how they cannot handle NaruSaku's dramatic increase in likelihood and so they have a meltdown. :facepalm:

Anything can happen, it may be possible Naruto has feelings for Hinata as well. But it's extremely unlikely. Given Naruto's character, if he was conflicted, he would not adress Sakura as "more or less" his girlfriend. It's like the confession when NaruHina fans were arguing he loves Hinata. If he was, Naruto would've thought of Hinata during Sakura's confession. But look! Turns out he didn't.

I expect a few more NaruHina "moments" before it's final closure in this War Arc. As far as I'm concerned, NH's chance of becoming canon is drowning drastically if not already dead. It was never an important pair, just important to Hinata's character development. All we have now is the NaruSakuSasu love triangle resolution, something I'm very much looking forward to.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#69 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

Actually, that wasn't how the interview went. Kishimoto was asked about Sakura's confession, it was him that brought up Hinata. There were no "fan letters". And lastly, he didn't say Sakura was the heroine, he said she wasn't Hinata.

Seiyuu: Because of this, she acted quite haughty towards that guy.
She used Naruto's love for her and told him she loved him.

Kishimoto: On the contrary.... I felt like depicting an honest girl, with a surprisingly stubborn impression.
So... she became such a character, but... well... from here on, maybe I should draw her showing a bit more spirit.
I figured I had placed her in a heroin-like situation
But from the readers I was told harshly that she wasn't heroin-ish at all
Perhaps I should show depict her a bit more like a heroin
Because you say 'Hinata Hinata,' I say 'She's not Hinata' "

Seiyuu: "When I first saw her hugging Naruto, my heart beat throbbed a bit."

Kishimoto:
"Well, an unpleasant person is an unpleasant person, but the feeling I was trying to depict is that you could say "after this, [my opinion of her] has gone up a bit... yeah"

Kishimoto has always been rather critical if not downright flippant of Sakura's character in his interviews. He's just being himself.

Actually...

He made it clear Hinata isn't the heroine

周りからヒロインらしくないとかヒナタのほうがヒロインだとか言われているがやはりサクラは自分の中でヒロインなんで、これからヒロインっぽい所見せる」

I have been told by other people that Sakura isn't acting like a heroine, or that Hinata is more of a heroine than her, but if I think of it Sakura really has the strength of a heroine inside her, and from here on out she's ready to show it, too.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#70 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

Sorry, but we mods have decided to close this topic.  Some posts here did simply address arguments, but others directly addressed other fandoms.  Some posts skirted with the rules on bashing, if not breaking them outright.

We're just not comfortable with topics that discuss other fandoms, and it is a particularly sensitive time to be a shipper so this topic does have a real chance of blowing up at some point.

Just focus on and enjoy your own ship. ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users