Close
Photo

Can people still say SasuSaku can happen?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
228 replies to this topic

#61 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 17 June 2007 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (Dorsomaru @ Jun 15 2007, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate to go into rant mode... but here goes. *Takes a deep breath*

Most people on the internet are just sad little people who desire to have more in their lives whether they want to admit or not. I think this is where a lot of anime pairings come from. People identify themselves with a character in the manga/anime and then either 1) want that character to be happy or 2) want that character to be with a character they identify someone they care about with. Sakura is a very easy character to identify with, a self conscious young woman who likes the "elite" popular guy. The reason I like NaruSaku because I think it fits far better into the storyline, not out of personal reasons. I mean I personally identify most with Sasuke because I'm an attractive, tall, black haired male who's confident to the point of arrogance, seeks power to an almost dangerous degree and generally dislikes everyone. And when NaruSaku does happen (No if there, I'm confident about it.) I'm going to register an account at anti-narusaku places and laugh at them. Why am I so confident it's going to happen? Kishimoto said he sees himself like Naruto... Naruto likes Sakura, hence Kishi likes his own Sakura, Shouldn't the author get what he wants?

I guess you are right about the point that people can identify with characters and so they want them to be happy. But I do not agree with sad little people part. I love Narusaku and I fully support. Does that mean I am sad? Nope not even close

I don't stay in my room all day in front of a computer or anything. I like the pairing and I support it and I like to know what other people think about it so I come online to make friends and chat.

Do I have a life of my own? Yes I do and I have a lot of friends and quite a few like anime. Do we go out to clubs and parties? sure. We enjoy life as normal teens do and play sports (quite a bit, lots of competition regarding Tennis, Squash, volleyball and cricket). Also we are console crazy along with watching anime.

So yeah I think I enjoy my life pretty well and I don't think I am a sad little person supporting the pairing because I couldn't get a gf of my own. Nope, I support the pairing because not many couples in anime have been portrayed as Naruto and Sakura. I love their growth and dependence on each other.

Also I like the point that Kishi-sensei relates to Naruto so yes I think he should get his Sakura. I think he is married and I am pretty sure he is kind of taking his life experience and making Naruto and Sakura somehow portray himself and his wife (maybe that's how they got together?...u never know) smile.gif

#62 Enermil

Enermil

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:03 AM

Well it could happen. If Sakura has got still feelings for him, and Sasuke then suddenly develop romantics feelings for Sakura (because so far he doesn´t have any feelings beyond friendship for his teanmate). Then Kishimoto could say that he foreshawdowed this in chapter 4 when Sasuke said that his ambition was to restore his clan and Sakura that her dream was to be with Sasuke, and that he is doing exactly that fullfilling his characters dreams.

As for Naruhina... well he could do a Rowling turn and change Hinata´s personality 180 and pair her with the hero of the story, like Rowling did with Harry and Ginny. Pairing the hero with his fangirl (after a sudden personality change of said fangirl) even when the interaction between the two is minimal at best.

#63 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (Dorsomaru @ Jun 15 2007, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate to go into rant mode... but here goes. *Takes a deep breath*

Most people on the internet are just sad little people who desire to have more in their lives whether they want to admit or not. I think this is where a lot of anime pairings come from. People identify themselves with a character in the manga/anime and then either 1) want that character to be happy or 2) want that character to be with a character they identify someone they care about with. Sakura is a very easy character to identify with, a self conscious young woman who likes the "elite" popular guy. The reason I like NaruSaku because I think it fits far better into the storyline, not out of personal reasons. I mean I personally identify most with Sasuke because I'm an attractive, tall, black haired male who's confident to the point of arrogance, seeks power to an almost dangerous degree and generally dislikes everyone. And when NaruSaku does happen (No if there, I'm confident about it.) I'm going to register an account at anti-narusaku places and laugh at them. Why am I so confident it's going to happen? Kishimoto said he sees himself like Naruto... Naruto likes Sakura, hence Kishi likes his own Sakura, Shouldn't the author get what he wants?

What did I just say? dry.gif

#64 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 06:56 AM

To be honest theres no way we can really tell whats going to happen and it's also a real possibility that we end up with no pairings at all and Team 7 becomes all friendly.

Romance has never been the top element of the story (although it does play a significant roll, all the relationships seem to be one sided) so who knows.

There are two chapter covers that seem to have SasuSaku implications but both are still during the Gaara ark.

One is chapter 265 which reads "The power to break open a path and see beyond. The power to find you." and has a picture of Sakura's back.

The Second is chapter is 269 and it reads "So long as we live under the same sky. Silently and strongly, for that day, I wait." and has a picture of Sakura looking off into the distance.

There are also some chapter covers with Naruto that say stuff along those lines too, and these quotes are both before the Bridge ark so could it be that they are simply expressing her will to reunite Team 7? Yes they could, but they could also be SasuSaku related. It's all how you look at it.

It's the same with NaruSaku, could it be love or could it be friendship? Theres evidence of both in the storyline. It's all how you look at it.
"Fact: The fandom makes characters look hotter and act hornier than they actually are..."

#65 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (Radon @ Jun 17 2007, 01:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest theres no way we can really tell whats going to happen and it's also a real possibility that we end up with no pairings at all and Team 7 becomes all friendly.

Romance has never been the top element of the story (although it does play a significant roll, all the relationships seem to be one sided) so who knows.

There are two chapter covers that seem to have SasuSaku implications but both are still during the Gaara ark.

One is chapter 265 which reads "The power to break open a path and see beyond. The power to find you." and has a picture of Sakura's back.

The Second is chapter is 269 and it reads "So long as we live under the same sky. Silently and strongly, for that day, I wait." and has a picture of Sakura looking off into the distance.

There are also some chapter covers with Naruto that say stuff along those lines too, and these quotes are both before the Bridge ark so could it be that they are simply expressing her will to reunite Team 7? Yes they could, but they could also be SasuSaku related. It's all how you look at it.

It's the same with NaruSaku, could it be love or could it be friendship? Theres evidence of both in the storyline. It's all how you look at it.

You pretty much said it all. The chance is of course there. Whether I would like SasuSaku happening is my opinion only.

I personally say that SasuSaku shouldn't happen. That pairing downplays the importance of normal relationship among couples and I personally do not like relationships where a person downgrades the other for any reason at all.

I know Sakura did that to Naruto before in part 1, which was only in the chapter where Sasuke tells her that she is annoying. Other than that there was no specific part where Sakura totally dissed Naruto or something. Beat him up and said no to everything he said but didn't outright dismiss him and once she learned about Naruto she changed. If a person changes that shows positive growth.

Sasuke's has changed but I don't see how being ready to kill your once friend is a positive growth. Also, his arrogance level hasn't gone down at all so I don't think Sakura should go after Sasuke. I like her growth as a character and I want her to continue on this path.

LONG LIVE NARUSAKU laugh.gif

#66 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:13 AM

Yah, as much as we want NaruSaku it's out of our hands.

If you really look at it both relationships are absolutely the same in almost every way, the genders are just switched.

Sasuke insulted Sakura, while Sakura insulted Naruto.

Sakura loved Sasuke and expressed it, Naruto loved Sakura and expressed it too.

The only difference was Sakura is now treating Naruto with a lot of respect. She will defend him (like she did when Kabuto insulted Naruto and when Sai was berating Naruto about still being Sasuke's friend. (Another interesting tidbit about how Sakura feels about Sasuke was when Sai was insulting Naruto. Sakura defended Naruto even tho she normally would (given the topic) have defended Sasuke, she didn't even seem to realize that Sai had insulted Sasuke until after Yamato told them to leave.) While it seems Sasuke wants to kill them (tho that could just be the curse seal).

Either way NaruSaku has a one up on SasuSaku, at least Sakura is physically attracted to Naruto lol (Chapter 245 and all those blushes)

Also the main SasuSaku argument agents NaruSaku is Naruto has lost his filings for her, but if his blush in chapter 343 is any indication, he still has them, tho they might have been repressed for the good of his promise.
"Fact: The fandom makes characters look hotter and act hornier than they actually are..."

#67 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (Radon @ Jun 18 2007, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yah, as much as we want NaruSaku it's out of our hands.

If you really look at it both relationships are absolutely the same in almost every way, the genders are just switched.

Sasuke insulted Sakura, while Sakura insulted Naruto.

Sakura loved Sasuke and expressed it, Naruto loved Sakura and expressed it too.

The only difference was Sakura is now treating Naruto with a lot of respect. She will defend him (like she did when Kabuto insulted Naruto and when Sai was berating Naruto about still being Sasuke's friend. (Another interesting tidbit about how Sakura feels about Sasuke was when Sai was insulting Naruto. Sakura defended Naruto even tho she normally would (given the topic) have defended Sasuke, she didn't even seem to realize that Sai had insulted Sasuke until after Yamato told them to leave.) While it seems Sasuke wants to kill them (tho that could just be the curse seal).

Either way NaruSaku has a one up on SasuSaku, at least Sakura is physically attracted to Naruto lol (Chapter 245 and all those blushes)

Also the main SasuSaku argument agents NaruSaku is Naruto has lost his filings for her, but if his blush in chapter 343 is any indication, he still has them, tho they might have been repressed for the good of his promise.

I don't think Naruto has lost his feelings for Sakura. He might think that she is still interested in Sasuke but I don't see Naruto giving up on her. I mean the first time he was going to Ichiraku in part 2 he asked Sakura to go eat with him when Kakashi left and he even said something along the lines of 'date'. But poor guy didn't have any money, which was very irritating considering his mentor is the author of icha icha paradise so he should probably have some more or something :shamefulcry0js:

I personally think Naruto has feelings for Sakura and they are more than usual crush or infatuation and beautiful part of this situation is that Sakura might or (maybe already does) return his feelings in the near future.

#68 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:57 AM

yeah, he still has feelings for her. After the bell test he wants to go on a date with her and he is amazed everytime he sees her do something(like healing). He still wants to bring sasuke back for her and even tells her that a few times. He starts to blush when she says that she will feed him his ramen.
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#69 SakuDotz

SakuDotz

Fly away to Dotzland! :D

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interest would probably be in potatoes and lot's of funtastic things....

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:02 AM

I agree. I mean, even Karin getting together with SASUKE** at the moment seems almost impossible. I don't think Sasuke could possibly have a change of heart for Sakura, her personality around him is just... well annoying ;D

I think she seems more open to Naruto. NARUSAKU has to happen! >O

#70 gaara_kazekage-sama

gaara_kazekage-sama

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:42 PM

Maybe it could, but I hope not. Not after all the things sasuke has done to Sakura. she deserves better and by better I mean naruto. biggrin.gif

#71 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:39 PM

Even if someone does pare up (Kish said he might have two people fall for one another) it won't be till near the end of the manga. The fact is that romance is always something hard to write into an manga that is mostly action.

I would want them to do it like they did in Eureka 7 if anyones seen that Anime/Manga. It's a very action like story but it's laced thickly with the trials of romance.

#72 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:04 PM

Oh yeah, I saw Eureka Seven. But the thing is it actually has as one of the tags romance in it. Naruto doesn't have that. Usually when I go to ANN, they have tags for the anime and manga of certain shows about what category it goes under. Eureka Seven has Shounen and romance along with other stuff. Naruto doesn't have romance, so there's not a lot of romance in it. While Eureka Seven has a lot.

#73 Illadelphfan07

Illadelphfan07

GODZILLA GOT KNOCKED THE **** OUT

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:30 PM

i think there is a legtimate chance it could happen but i think narsaku at the moment is more possible. i don't say that just cuz im a fan of the pairing. i really think all signs point to it. with naruto, sakura does not have to exert herself to be what she wants, she can be her short tempered, flawed self. ande he'll love her for it. im pretty sure naruto loves sakura with him wanting to go on dates and having a "mood" around her. but i need sakura to confess in order to decalre victory. but that moment with yamato seems to go our way. but if sasusaku happens i think it would be bad writing by kishi. i mean he starts developing a thing with narusaku. but then all of a sudden, well i change my mind sakura is in love with sasuke again! that would be pathetic.

BTW i agree with the thing about the girl wanting to get the hot guy. girls wanna live their fantasies through them.
Ni@#a whats tha fu#k you talking about we got XBOX and Playstation Ni@#a and we got Incredible Hulks! all the kids are welcome motherFu#ker! -Thugnificent

#74 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:35 PM

Yah I know it's not, but I like how E7 handles the romance during the action. It falls into the whole protection motif that seems to be popular in some mangas. The boy fighting to protect the girl, they slowly fall in love over time, blah blah.

It's also kinda confusing how Kish would handle Naruto and Sakura starting to date. So say they kiss or something after a battle, it's dramatic, they get back to town and what the heck happens now? Does he show them dating (which would take away from the storyline as far as action goes) or does he just show them showing affection for one another as the basic plot continues.

Either way, somethings going to happen when Sasuke comes back (and he will be coming back because this is a Shonen manga) and I just can't see SasuSaku happening, they've both changed to much for it to work.

I used to think SasuSaku was alright back in the first couple of chapters because yeah, Sakura might have been able to get him to come around and be slightly friendly. But he was a total ass all the time and by the end of it all, before Sasuke even left, something was starting to nag in the back of Sakura's head. She was even willing to risk Sasuke getting mad at her so she could tell Naruto about the curse seal.

Shes a smart girl, and she spent 3 years training with Tsunade, and from her change in personality we can only hope that Tsunade beat some sense into Sakura during that time.

I think thats why she and Naruto had such a close relationship as soon as Naruto came back. She thought about her position over the last 3 years and has come to realize what kind of person Naruto is and that he is truly a close friend.

She also has matured a hell of a lot in those 3 years and most girls will tell you how much their love life differed from age 13, to 16 and eventually 19.

Also the main problem I have with SasuSaku is that the kind of personality Sasuke has. He needs someone submissive, Sakura was that when she was 13, but she isn't that way now. Shes almost merged with inner Sakura in a way to the point where she speaks her mind when and where she wants too.

Either way it goes NaruSaku has one leg up on SasuSaku and that is that Sakura, unlike Sasuke, has shown that she is at least attracted to Naruto by blushing in chapter 245. She said that Naruto's appearance was 'mature', and also she has giving both Sai and Yamato, on separate occasions the idea that they are closer than friends.

In chapter 289 for example Sai said...

"Sakura-san... your very... yeah... your very gentle with Naruto, aren't you? I don't understand feelings like those... it was in a book I read..."

Whether hes talking about friendship or affection is uncertain but he is hinting at deep emotions.

Then in chapter 297 (yeah that one...) you have that image of Sakura looking like a deer caught in the headlights. SasuSaku fan's say hes talking about friendship, but why would you need a full page with image of Sakura's eyes followed by her full face to confirm that they have a friendship? It should be overly obvious to anyone by now that Sakura and Naruto are friends, especially in part 2. And unless it's listed in Sakura's file that she hates Naruto (and Kakashi knows she dosn't as well as Tsunade) Yamato should assume that they are teammates and rather close to each other. The way they acted on the mission would have shown Yamato that they were indeed friends, at least from the start. Also why would Kish have cut it off there? If he was going to say "The truth is you and Naruto are friends." then there would be no need to cover it up with him wakening up and Sakura being all relieved. The only reason he would have cut that sentence short is if it was something we, the fans, weren't ready to hear.

Anyways I'm rambling so I'm gonna cut it at that lol.

#75 Illadelphfan07

Illadelphfan07

GODZILLA GOT KNOCKED THE **** OUT

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Fruits Basket Fan @ Mar 25 2007, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They always look at the girl's feelings but never the guy, shoot, if they did that to me (I am male, by the way), geez, I would be very upset that they do not even consider my feelings. sad.gif Hinata's feelings for Naruto just seems like a simple girl crush, like Sakura's crush on Sasuke in part 1. But, I do give Hinata props for her crush because it was not shallow at all. But still, she knows nothing about Naruto at all, and she is not even there for the current pains that he is suffering with right now!

well i think hinata loves naruto for better reasons than sakura did for sasuke. but yea she does not know much about naruto. some (not all) of the best relationships start as mere friendships. now im not saying naruto and hinata arent freinds, but naruto and sakura have bonded real well like brother and sister. they have been able to learn about each other without the pressure of being together. now a lot of sasusaku fans use this as a reason why naruto ans sakura are siblings but on the contrary this can lead to stronger feelings between the two. to sakura naruto isn't the hot and mysterious guy sasuke is. he is much more. like they say it's good to be with someone who is like your best friend.
Ni@#a whats tha fu#k you talking about we got XBOX and Playstation Ni@#a and we got Incredible Hulks! all the kids are welcome motherFu#ker! -Thugnificent

#76 Radon

Radon

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:00 PM

The manifesto said it best with the line.

"Opposites attracts but similars say together." or something like that.

The point is, Sasuke was the hot guy in their class, he had a flawed past, he was an enigma. In fact, for some reason, the girls figured that would make him a stronger guy, not even stopping to think that he was suffering from his loss.

Thats why Naruto and Sasuke were such good friends underneeth. They understood each others pain, Sasuke even got pissed at Sakura because she insulted Naruto's family, even when he barely knew him.

Sakura also seemed to have a completely wrong idea of who Sasuke was. She thought he was caring and kind and just shy around girls, while in reality he is cold and while still showing concern for his friends (and don't get me wrong, Naruto and Sakura are his friends) he is still filled with hate.

So in retrospect Sasuke is her opposite, hes quiet while shes loud. He keeps his emotions inside while she lets them out. This leads to how similar Sakura and Naruto are, and if you take a look in the manga you will often see the same expression on their faces, or their actions will be the same to the same situation.

#77 drag-eart

drag-eart

WILSON...HitsuMatsu!..haha

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Radon @ Jun 20 2007, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The point is, Sasuke was the hot guy in their class, he had a flawed past, he was an enigma. In fact, for some reason, the girls figured that would make him a stronger guy, not even stopping to think that he was suffering from his loss.

Thats why Naruto and Sasuke were such good friends underneeth. They understood each others pain, Sasuke even got pissed at Sakura because she insulted Naruto's family, even when he barely knew him.

Sakura also seemed to have a completely wrong idea of who Sasuke was. She thought he was caring and kind and just shy around girls, while in reality he is cold and while still showing concern for his friends (and don't get me wrong, Naruto and Sakura are his friends) he is still filled with hate.

So in retrospect Sasuke is her opposite, hes quiet while shes loud. He keeps his emotions inside while she lets them out. This leads to how similar Sakura and Naruto are, and if you take a look in the manga you will often see the same expression on their faces, or their actions will be the same to the same situation.

Well said, Radon
Drag-eart's FF.net Profile:Drag-eart
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

#78 SakuDotz

SakuDotz

Fly away to Dotzland! :D

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interest would probably be in potatoes and lot's of funtastic things....

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:40 PM

I don't think they could ever get together. Sakura needs attention, if you will. Someone who would care for her and treat her gently. Sasuke's mind is so clouded with Itachi right now. I mean, I think Karin has more of a chance with Sasuke.

#79 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (Radon @ Jun 20 2007, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yah I know it's not, but I like how E7 handles the romance during the action. It falls into the whole protection motif that seems to be popular in some mangas. The boy fighting to protect the girl, they slowly fall in love over time, blah blah.

It's also kinda confusing how Kish would handle Naruto and Sakura starting to date. So say they kiss or something after a battle, it's dramatic, they get back to town and what the heck happens now? Does he show them dating (which would take away from the storyline as far as action goes) or does he just show them showing affection for one another as the basic plot continues.

Either way, somethings going to happen when Sasuke comes back (and he will be coming back because this is a Shonen manga) and I just can't see SasuSaku happening, they've both changed to much for it to work.

I used to think SasuSaku was alright back in the first couple of chapters because yeah, Sakura might have been able to get him to come around and be slightly friendly. But he was a total ass all the time and by the end of it all, before Sasuke even left, something was starting to nag in the back of Sakura's head. She was even willing to risk Sasuke getting mad at her so she could tell Naruto about the curse seal.

Shes a smart girl, and she spent 3 years training with Tsunade, and from her change in personality we can only hope that Tsunade beat some sense into Sakura during that time.

I think thats why she and Naruto had such a close relationship as soon as Naruto came back. She thought about her position over the last 3 years and has come to realize what kind of person Naruto is and that he is truly a close friend.

She also has matured a hell of a lot in those 3 years and most girls will tell you how much their love life differed from age 13, to 16 and eventually 19.

Also the main problem I have with SasuSaku is that the kind of personality Sasuke has. He needs someone submissive, Sakura was that when she was 13, but she isn't that way now. Shes almost merged with inner Sakura in a way to the point where she speaks her mind when and where she wants too.
Either way it goes NaruSaku has one leg up on SasuSaku and that is that Sakura, unlike Sasuke, has shown that she is at least attracted to Naruto by blushing in chapter 245. She said that Naruto's appearance was 'mature', and also she has giving both Sai and Yamato, on separate occasions the idea that they are closer than friends.

In chapter 289 for example Sai said...

"Sakura-san... your very... yeah... your very gentle with Naruto, aren't you? I don't understand feelings like those... it was in a book I read..."

Whether hes talking about friendship or affection is uncertain but he is hinting at deep emotions.

Then in chapter 297 (yeah that one...) you have that image of Sakura looking like a deer caught in the headlights. SasuSaku fan's say hes talking about friendship, but why would you need a full page with image of Sakura's eyes followed by her full face to confirm that they have a friendship? It should be overly obvious to anyone by now that Sakura and Naruto are friends, especially in part 2. And unless it's listed in Sakura's file that she hates Naruto (and Kakashi knows she dosn't as well as Tsunade) Yamato should assume that they are teammates and rather close to each other. The way they acted on the mission would have shown Yamato that they were indeed friends, at least from the start. Also why would Kish have cut it off there? If he was going to say "The truth is you and Naruto are friends." then there would be no need to cover it up with him wakening up and Sakura being all relieved. The only reason he would have cut that sentence short is if it was something we, the fans, weren't ready to hear.

Anyways I'm rambling so I'm gonna cut it at that lol.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

QUOTE (Radon @ Jun 20 2007, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed with this one as well. Nicely done :thumbs:

#80 taker5400

taker5400

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:manga/anime<br />electric guitar<br />metallica<br />finding flaws in the world<br />drawing manga/anime

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:17 PM

They can say whatever they want it's free speech but they're wasting their time. more people for me to prove wrong in the end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users