#61 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (ForgottenBushido @ Oct 17 2009, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with Dr.Strangelove here. I took 12 hours of Geology courses here at my higher educational facility college learning book place. and uh...yeah Global Warming is bullsh**. For whatever reason Gore and his liberal constituents wanna publish this global warming propaganda, I don't really know. But, the Earth, is actually cooling..and it seems our polar bear friends have been increasing in numbers recently. At anyrate, I consider myself somewhat educated in Geological quandaries and other meteorological odds and ends, and in my opinion and that of my professor..We're doing quite well.

As for Obama getting the Nobel, he should be awarded. Not for accomplishing anything, but being the first U.S. President for actually doing NOTHING.

I don't think it never warmed itself to begin with, in 2003 the Earth was hit by huge solar flares, but you know if you speak to a hardened Al Gore environmentalist, a normal conversation would be. If it is too cold? Global Warming. If it is too hot? Global Warming. If it rains a lot? Global Warming. If it doesn't rain enough? Global warming. If its humid? Global warming. If its dry? Global Warming. If its too sunny? Global Warming. If its not enough sun? Global Warming. If there is a flood? Global Warming. If there is a drought? Global Warming. It seems that every answer consisting on climate is about global warming.

The thing i found funny about this, is that they changed the name Global Warming, to climate change. Well climate change was common even before the Industrial Revolution. Look at the temperature of the Roman Empire at its might. It was warm, sunny, and great for farming. Rome was known for its crops. Look at the time of the Middle Ages, many historians consider the Dark Ages as a mini ice age in Europe. Crops died, famine and disease, the Earth just got colder, but then after the Dark Ages, after the Crusades, Europe began to get warmer, thus ushering in the Renaissance.

Edited by Strangelove, 17 October 2009 - 12:59 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#62 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Oct 16 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think it never warmed itself to begin with, in 2003 the Earth was hit by huge solar flares, but you know if you speak to a hardened Al Gore environmentalist, a normal conversation would be. If it is too cold? Global Warming. If it is too hot? Global Warming. If it rains a lot? Global Warming. If it doesn't rain enough? Global warming. If its humid? Global warming. If its dry? Global Warming. If its too sunny? Global Warming. If its not enough sun? Global Warming. If there is a flood? Global Warming. If there is a drought? Global Warming. It seems that every answer consisting on climate is about global warming.

The thing i found funny about this, is that they changed the name Global Warming, to climate change. Well climate change was common even before the Industrial Revolution. Look at the temperature of the Roman Empire at its might. It was warm, sunny, and great for farming. Rome was known for its crops. Look at the time of the Middle Ages, many historians consider the Dark Ages as a mini ice age in Europe. Crops died, famine and disease, the Earth just got colder, but then after the Dark Ages, after the Crusades, Europe began to get warmer, thus ushering in the Renaissance.

Oh, and the spike in the Earth's predicted and current climate is just the Earth's menstrual cycle?

#63 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Oct 17 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, and the spike in the Earth's predicted and current climate is just the Earth's menstrual cycle?

Yes, its called, summers and winters

http://www.newscient...into-earth.html

A giant cloud of charged particles from the Sun slammed into the Earth's magnetic field on Wednesday morning, causing a severe geomagnetic storm and increasing auroral activity. The particles were blasted off from the star at 1154 GMT on Tuesday, in the largest solar flare to target the Earth in decades.

http://www.aip.org/p...plit/642-2.html
A recent study by researchers at Duke University and the Army Research Office has found new evidence of a link between solar flare activity and the earth's temperature. The work is another contribution to the ongoing debate over global warming and its causes. A strong link between solar flares and our climate, if it exists, could override the influence humans have on the temperature of our environment.

Edited by Strangelove, 17 October 2009 - 06:06 PM.

#64 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:07 PM

Even IF it's natural, humans are doing too much damage to the planet, thus accelerating the climate change. I haven't seen the temperature change in both Canada and Taiwan this harshly.

#65 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:09 PM

So pretty much you're saying , that the extreme changes of weather is solely made by Earth itself? I mean it's all peaches and cream, but I do believe , truly, that the fact we're polluting does have a say in all of this.

If not, most of it.

" A strong link between solar flares and our climate, if it exists, could override the influence humans have on the temperature of our environment. "

Them be fighting words. Until the IF showed up.

EDIT : Bare in mind with that Cloud is saying. Earth is a balanced ecosystem and note the word BALANCED, it just doesn't shift from Winter to Summer in two days. It takes months of lowering temperature and creating cloud formations caused from evaporation and such. If climates change rapidly like we change pants , some-things up.

The UK has been having some warm days but quickly shifting to some harsh temperatures. I mean, I live in a meteorological roller-coaster. But the ride was never this wild. The hospital I work in is filled with people who got a cold over rapid temperature drops and rises. At least 40 people in a space of 3 days. And that's when I have the time to distract myself to count.

It's a touchy subject, especially when America has yet to accept the Kyoto Degree (Is that the actual word I'm looking for?) in lowering their CO2 emissions, which degree was based on the Global Warming agenda.

Yeah, awkward.

...How did we skip from Obama getting a Nobel Prize to Global Warming?

Edited by Yakatsu, 17 October 2009 - 06:18 PM.

#66 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:21 PM

It doesn't even makes sense to argue with people who don't believe that humans play any role in 'climate change.' We'll continue belching out carbon emissions, and polluting smoke from factories, and the polar icecaps with continue to have record snowmelts. I mean there is now green grass and plants where ice used to be now. Not to mention the low-lying areas like London, Miami, and all the Caribbean Islands being threatened with rising waters, so that one day they will all be underwater. And of course let's not forget the more intense hurricane formations to come as the ocean temperatures continue to rise. But don't tell any of this to people who think humans do absolutely nothing to negatively affect the Earth's environment, and as Yoshi said, the Earth is just going through a 'menstrual cycle' rolleyes.gif

#67 Strangelove

Strangelove

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 17 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It doesn't even makes sense to argue with people who don't believe that humans play any role in 'climate change.' We'll continue belching out carbon emissions, and polluting smoke from factories, and the polar icecaps with continue to have record snowmelts. I mean there is now green grass and plants where ice used to be now. Not to mention the low-lying areas like London, Miami, and all the Caribbean Islands being threatened with rising waters, so that one day they will all be underwater. And of course let's not forget the more intense hurricane formations to come as the ocean temperatures continue to rise. But don't tell any of this to people who think humans do absolutely nothing to negatively affect the Earth's environment, and as Yoshi said, the Earth is just going through a 'menstrual cycle' rolleyes.gif

Really, i just don't know for sure, if that's even true, i was taught to question everything, especially the words coming out of the mouth of a politician. There are people who don't believe that Carbon Emissions are causing global warming, and why should they, and you know, i was told when i was little that rising sea levels will sink Puerto Rico and coastal areas, in 2007, so far Puerto Rico is still floating today, Miami is not underwater, and we haven't had a decent Hurricane for well over 3 years.

And we skipped it, not from Obama and the Prize, but from Al Gore and the prize xD

Edited by Strangelove, 17 October 2009 - 06:32 PM.

#68 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Oct 17 2009, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we haven't had a decent Hurricane for well over 3 years.

Really? What do you call those ones that hit the Asian tropical areas then? A breeze?

#69 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 17 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't mind me. Just seeing what you're doing there.

#70 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Oct 17 2009, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really, i just don't know for sure, if that's even true, i was taught to question everything, especially the words coming out of the mouth of a politician. There are people who don't believe that Carbon Emissions are causing global warming, and why should they, and you know, i was told when i was little that rising sea levels will sink Puerto Rico and coastal areas, in 2007, so far Puerto Rico is still floating today, Miami is not underwater, and we haven't had a decent Hurricane for well over 3 years.

And we skipped it, not from Obama and the Prize, but from Al Gore and the prize xD

Since you were fond of using links:

http://www.scienceda...90310104742.htm

And as Cloud stated, what would you call all the storms that hit the Asian continents the last couple years, this year especially? Do you know that in the Pacific they have had a total of 19 names storms, and are already up to Hurricane Rick? And let's not forget Hurricanes Gustav and especially Ike last year, which was a massive hurricane which devastated Galveston, Texas. You're saying that you 'were told' this and that. Instead of just going by what people tell you, try to see what's happening in the world with your own eyes. There is a lot you can learn for yourself by doing that.

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Oct 17 2009, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...How did we skip from Obama getting a Nobel Prize to Global Warming?

And it went like this:

Obama -> did or did not deserve the Prize -> other politicians like him did or did not deserve their Prizes -> Al Gore -> Al Gore and Global Warming -> current discussion.

#71 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 17 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're saying that you 'were told' this and that. Instead of just going by what people tell you, try to see what's happening in the world with your own eyes. There is a lot you can learn for yourself by doing that.

Uh, people come to a ton of wrong conclusions by just looking and guessing what is going on, how is that scientific at all? Even people who believe global warming is caused by humans had to do scientific research to try and prove it. Obviously they haven't been able to prove that it is indeed the fault of the human race only, as there is a lot of speculation surrounding the topic still. If I was just going to go by what I observed myself, I would have to guess the globe was cooling down. For the past few years, the temperature has been cooler than usual where I live. Of course, I am not about to base my claim solely on what I alone observe, that would be silly.

My own personal view is, if the globe is indeed heating up, humans don't play as big of a role in it as some like Al Gore like to claim. Not to say we don't do anything, but I don't believe our 'size' in the world adds up to much. I also believe this given that the planet does go through cycles anyways, so this would be just another cycle. That doesn't mean I'm anti-green or I don't believe we should do our best to protect our planet, in fact I work for a company that researches using a grass for biofuels. But jumping on board with the humans-are-destroying-the-earth-Al Gore-team is just another way of jumping to conclusions when the truth is we DON'T know enough yet.

Also, if people do want links, this was an interested study on methane levels: Clicky

#72 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Oct 17 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh, people come to a ton of wrong conclusions by just looking and guessing what is going on, how is that scientific at all? Even people who believe global warming is caused by humans had to do scientific research to try and prove it. Obviously they haven't been able to prove that it is indeed the fault of the human race only, as there is a lot of speculation surrounding the topic still. If I was just going to go by what I observed myself, I would have to guess the globe was cooling down. For the past few years, the temperature has been cooler than usual where I live. Of course, I am not about to base my claim solely on what I alone observe, that would be silly.

I never said to observe for yourself without *looking* at scientific evidence, Soupy. Only that going by what he said/she said is not a viable way to decide on what you do or do not believe.

#73 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 17 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never said to observe for yourself without *looking* at scientific evidence, Soupy. Only that going by what he said/she said is not a viable way to decide on what you do or do not believe.

If you aren't supposed to take the word of others (those who are professional and have studied the subject their entire lives, mind you), then are you supposed to do your own scientific studies? Perhaps you meant to say don't only judge what you read, but it seemed you implied heavily that you thought ones own personal observation over-weighed scientific observation, which I find wrong. That's all *shrugs*

#74 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:06 PM

Mmm. I haven't much liked talking about the climate and "Global Warming" with others for a long time now. Discussing it has become too much like politics; most seem to be on one side or the other without much room for compromise. Which leads to no one really listening. Al Gore's involvement has only served to make the connection even stronger to me.

I'm actually surprised to see the planets heating and cooling cycles brought up in here; usually no one ever goes there or really acknowledges it.

Edited by dl316bh, 17 October 2009 - 09:09 PM.

bd5.jpg

#75 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:42 PM

I know all of this is way off-topic, but we can bend the rules every now and then, and I found this story highly entertaining and interesting happy.gif

Leaders meet underwater for Global Warming

I just find it interesting that the very topic we are discussing today, they have this story right up on Yahoo front page displayed :3

#76 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Oct 17 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mmm. I haven't much liked talking about the climate and "Global Warming" with others for a long time now. Discussing it has become too much like politics; most seem to be on one side or the other without much room for compromise. Which leads to no one really listening. Al Gore's involvement has only served to make the connection even stronger to me.

I'm actually surprised to see the planets heating and cooling cycles brought up in here; usually no one ever goes there or really acknowledges it.

It's to be expected, since those who believe in it often think we should have passed Cap and Trade programs yesterday, and that if we don't we're doomed. While those who aren't convinced think such people are pushing economy killing legislation to try and correct a problem that they are not convinced even exists.

Personally, I think Gore is nothing short an embarrassment to the whole debate given his position has essentially been "I proved it, debate's over, shut up" and his long standing refusal to actually debate his critics. Just last week, when one of them attempted to ask him about the inaccuracies noted by the British Courts, that critic his microphone cut off.

#77 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:32 PM

On the original topic, I think this meme sums it up pretty nicely.

Ahh, Global Warming. Screw it, let's say Global Warming theory is right and it will cause the worlds oceans to rise destroying the balance of the ecosystem. I say let it happen and then we can have ourselves a nice practical lesson. You know, sometimes, a good ass-whoopin can't be substituted by a time-out.

#78 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Oct 17 2009, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahh, Global Warming. Screw it, let's say Global Warming theory is right and it will cause the worlds oceans to rise destroying the balance of the ecosystem. I say let it happen and then we can have ourselves a nice practical lesson. You know, sometimes, a good ass-whoopin can't be substituted by a time-out.

I'm glad countries that have coastlines cities deserve being drowned, whom don't pollute as much as other countries (AMUUURIKA) a good definition of good ass-whooping. Man you guys sure make good strategies.

Example :
-Oh look that kid doesn't share.
-BEAT THE LIVING INCH OUT OF IT/HER/HIM.

Smooth~~! *shoots his six-shooters and screams yeehaw!*

----------

MOVING ONNNN, I suggest a title change.

Also. Scientific studies begin with the root-degrees/article/ancient text studying. That's how you make up a thesis and innovative techniques and machinery. Renaissance is the prime example. ( Just give it your opinion and move on, this is just a rant-thingy of mine, I apologize. )

Edited by Yakatsu, 17 October 2009 - 11:04 PM.

#79 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 17 October 2009 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Oct 17 2009, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm glad countries that have coastlines cities deserve being drowned, whom don't pollute as much as other countries (AMUUURIKA) a good definition of good ass-whooping. Man you guys sure make good strategies.

Example :
-Oh look that kid doesn't share.
-BEAT THE LIVING INCH OUT OF IT/HER/HIM.

Smooth~~! *shoots his six-shooters and screams yeehaw!*

----------

MOVING ONNNN, I suggest a title change.

Also. Scientific studies begin with the root-degrees/article/ancient text studying. That's how you make up a thesis and innovative techniques and machinery. Renaissance is the prime example. ( Just give it your opinion and move on, this is just a rant-thingy of mine, I apologize. )

Nope, I am talking about the human race in general. We all are just a bunch of apes running around screaming with our arms raised up high.

#80 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 02:33 PM

Yasser Arafat being one of the most ridiculous Nobel recipients? PLEASE. The guy made a deal with Israel that created peace, (even though it was short-lived) please, anybody give me reasons WHY it was ridiculous of him to receive it......

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users