Close
Photo

Will Sakura come to her senses before the manga is over?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#61 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:42 AM

@Pepsi:

There's a difference between "dating" and "date". You can go on a date with someone and not be in a relationship. It's just a meeting with romantic connotations, but nothing serious. "Dating" means in a relationship. Look at Naruto for example. He's asked on her dates, but never really asked her out. Saying "Let's go out!" is like saying "Be my girlfriend!". Naruto's never done that so all the dates he asked were likely brushed off as completely casual by Sakura. Why? Because that's how Naruto made it look.

Like I said, they've never been on a real date. The first in Part 1 it was just to talk about Sasuke and the second  was interrupted by Shikamaru and Temari while Naruto had no money to take her. They've never dated in any way. The closest was the second example and that was cut off like so many other NS moments.

I'm not saying Sakura and Naruto don't have feelings for each other, but you still need to be technical on these things. Nothing was confirmed for sure about NS's status that isn't under interpretation. An interview is just an interview and unreliable. They can always be misinterpreted and twisted with bias. Use the manga to formulate your opinions, not interviews.

But let's say it is accurate. Even if it is, there is no "Word of God" that is actually concrete. Kishi said she was being "honest" yet in that same interview he said she loves Sasuke, but Naruto was close. They contradict each other. It's ambiguous, not "NS is canon". 'Cause it isn't. No ship is canon right now.

I just think you should rely on the manga, not outside sources. Just my opinion.

You're missing the point, which is there's a difference between going on dates and practically going on dates. In the beginning of Part 2 we assume they did go out on a date even if he didnt have money because he asked Shikamaru and Temari if they were also going on a date to which they denied then we skipped the scene we dont know what happened after that they assumingly went out on a date somewhere else without buying anything.

I tripled check with our senior members here as well as backtracking to other websites of people who posted the interview, they all say the same thing, that contrary to what people believe Sakura's confession was meant to be taken as honest, that's the context that was meant for us. And again that last part was a mistranslation. there were only two different translations the one done by SS/NH fans and the other done by a fan of SN, again I asked several senior members here who all verified that the latter was the correct translation. The translation being "Sakura love(s?/d?) Sasuke.... but Naruto is close..."

​you can also tell its legit because Kishi is being ambiguous again. I personally believed it was love(d) in the past tense because it fits the profile of peirrot tv having her say she "used to love" Sasuke and Kakashi summing up her feelings saying that "she used to like Sasuke"

Also its pretty clear the confession was meant to be honest because she actually lists all the reasons why she does and should like Naruto, reasons that have been hinted at before as pairing moments. The only thing that really shows otherwise is Naruto saying she's lying to herself (and really that was just her giving u on Sasuke) and her not having a scene where she realizes her feelings for him (which in hindsight was to keep the shock value of her confession which ends up being a poor choice on Kishi's part because this ends up confusing all the fans if she's serious or not) 

Edited by Pepsi, 14 August 2014 - 06:47 AM.

eh10ut.jpg

#62 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:59 AM

@Pepsi:

No, we don't assume. They didn't go on a date. Naruto and Sakura were about to go eat ramen together but Naruto didn't have enough money and he was later seen with Iruka at Ichiraku. Without Sakura. Coincidence? Yeah I'll admit we didn't see what he and Sakura did after, but it's implied enough to know they didn't go.

Either way, it doesn't matter. The intent of Sakura agreeing was still a hint and I don't see Part 1 Sakura doing like that so arguing any further about this would just be nit-picking. It was a nice NaruSaku moment though and we'll leave it at that.

About the interview again, what I said still has basis. Kishi clearly offered ambiguous words to both sides and saying the confession was "honest" is just an opinion. For all we know, he could've meant it like she loves Naruto doesn't realize it which would coincide to the "She loves but Naruto is close." It dropped NS hints, but it was still technically ambiguous. But hate on relying on this interview so bleh. :roll:

The confession was honest, but it was unconsciously honest. Sakura was not saying she loved Naruto or that she was over Sasuke with full awareness of it. There was no important realization moment or scene for either. It was way too convenient that Sakura chose to confess her feelings only after Sai guilt-tripped her. The timing was wrong and completely out of nowhere.  Even her reaction to realizing Naruto loved her didn't have any hints she returned his feelings. It was all about her guilt and hurting him. Strange for someone who supposedly "knows" she loves Naruto IMO.

675 was Kakashi stating what Sakura couldn't see herself yet. It's not confirming she knows she's over him at the moment. She's over him in her heart, but not in her mind. I don't entirely understand why this theory is so hard for you to believe. Kakashi was just observing Sakura from his POV, but that does not mean Sakura knows it. I got no vibes she knew her feelings changed there and it confuses me that you did. :confused:

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 14 August 2014 - 07:00 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#63 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:15 AM

@Pepsi:

No, we don't assume. They didn't go on a date. Naruto and Sakura were about to go eat ramen together but Naruto didn't have enough money and he was later seen with Iruka at Ichiraku. Without Sakura. Coincidence? Yeah I'll admit we didn't see what he and Sakura did after, but it's implied enough to know they didn't go.

Either way, it doesn't matter. The intent of Sakura agreeing was still a hint and I don't see Part 1 Sakura doing like that so arguing any further about this would just be nit-picking. It was a nice NaruSaku moment though and we'll leave it at that.

About the interview again, what I said still has basis. Kishi clearly offered ambiguous words to both sides and saying the confession was "honest" is just an opinion. For all we know, he could've meant it like she loves Naruto doesn't realize it which would coincide to the "She loves but Naruto is close." It dropped NS hints, but it was still technically ambiguous. But hate on relying on this interview so bleh. :roll:

The confession was honest, but it was unconsciously honest. Sakura was not saying she loved Naruto or that she was over Sasuke with full awareness of it. There was no important realization moment or scene for either. It was way too convenient that Sakura chose to confess her feelings only after Sai guilt-tripped her. The timing was wrong and completely out of nowhere.  Even her reaction to realizing Naruto loved her didn't have any hints she returned his feelings. It was all about her guilt and hurting him. Strange for someone who supposedly "knows" she loves Naruto IMO.

675 was Kakashi stating what Sakura couldn't see herself yet. It's not confirming she knows she's over him at the moment. She's over him in her heart, but not in her mind. I don't entirely understand why this theory is so hard for you to believe. Kakashi was just observing Sakura from his POV, but that does not mean Sakura knows it. I got no vibes she knew her feelings changed there and it confuses me that you did. :confused:

They went on a short date and he went to Ichiraku with Iruka.

There's nothing ambigious about it, Sakura's VA flat out said that Sakura telling Naruto she loved him was because he loved her to which Kishi responded with "on the contrary" that alone debunks that claim and he follows it up with saying his portrayal of her was meant to be honest.

If she was attempting to lie than how is that at all truthful or honest? She could have just as easily realized this all the way back in the KN4 arc since this is also the point when she was undecided about her feelings for him, Yamato's words very likely tipped the scale, she knew what he was talking about and knew where he was going with it. Saying he was portraying an honest girl while she was attempting to lie makes no sense whatsoever. We were supposed to get the impression that she was honest, so making her attempting to lie during something we were supposed to view as honest again makes no sense. 

I like how you said that as if what you're saying is a proven fact. I could just as easily ask you why its so hard for you to understand that Sakura getting over Sasuke is something she's been doing consciously since LOI. Again why would Kishi portray her as wanting to consciously get over Sasuke and yet not getting over him just so she can get over him unconsciously to get over him consciously afterwards. She was attempting to get over him so trying to not being able to get over him just so she could get over him without knowing it makes even less sense then the previous statement.

I dont see whats hard to understand that Kishi just skips over these things to purposefully make it debatable and confusing, he also skips over other important tings as well. Like Hagormo having a brother who wasnt mentioned until recently, what the point of the Tobi persona was, etc. He's teh first one to admit that his story is far from perfect and anyone who keeps track of his WSJ weekly comments can tell you he f**cks up and makes mistakes ALOT even in his normal life outside the studio.

Edited by Pepsi, 14 August 2014 - 07:18 AM.

eh10ut.jpg

#64 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

Am I the only one who thinks Sasuke will actually not be good by the end of the series

Not evil, but indifferent

He could also become power hungry... 

You know I was wondering the same thing myself

Sasuke will become good in the end. At least he will not become like madara.

We don't know that because Sasuke hasn't said what his true goal is.Imagine if he just betrayed Team 7 and he decided to do a sneak attack on Naruto without him realizing.

#65 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

I really don't like the title of this thread. It's as if to say that Sakura is not in her right mind if she were not to choose Naruto. Last I check, Sakura is not obligated to choose anyone.

Me too. The thread title annoys me. If she doesn't choose Naruto in the end, she's lost her mind? Lol, wut? This is as pathetic as the NH's propaganda, "because she's sweet she deserves him" and "if Naruto doesn't choose Hinata, he's a jerk/loser".

Sakura is like Kakashi, she cares about her comrade who went to the dark side but at the same time tried to take responsibility in her own hands. This was a lot more sensible thing to do than loudly calling out that fallen comrade as "great friend" or "nothing but cool". There's a big difference between 'caring' for that person and 'giving free pass and praising' said person. Naruto still caring about Sasuke? Okay. Kakashi still caring about Sasuke? Okay. Sakura caring about Sasuke? Nooooooot okay! How dare she not choose Naruto! She lost her mind!

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 14 August 2014 - 03:20 PM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#66 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:22 PM

Me too. The thread title annoys me. If she doesn't choose Naruto in the end, she's lost her mind? Lol, wut? This is as pathetic as the NH's propaganda, "because she's sweet she deserves him" and "if Naruto doesn't choose Hinata, he's a jerk/loser".

Sakura is like Kakashi, she cares about her comrade who went to the dark side but at the same time tried to take responsibility in her own hands. This was a lot more sensible thing to do than loudly calling out that fallen comrade as "great friend" or "nothing but cool". There's a big difference between 'caring' for that person and 'giving free pass and praising' said person. Naruto still caring about Sasuke? Okay. Kakashi still caring about Sasuke? Okay. Sakura caring about Sasuke? Nooooooot okay! How dare she not choose Naruto! She lost her mind!

Well I'm sorry if you don't like what I asked.

#67 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

Well I'm sorry if you don't like what I asked.

Don't worry, I have no problem with what you asked. Only the thread title. And the second part I was more so talking in general, not necessarily towards you. Because I see it a lot and I find it to be a double standard.

Edited by ramenanmitsu, 14 August 2014 - 03:39 PM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#68 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

Don't worry, I have no problem with what you asked. Only the thread title. And the second part I was more so talking in general, not necessarily towards you. Because I see it a lot and I find it to be a double standard.

Ah I feel confident again

#69 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

Blow this up like pyromania-def leppard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:on the moon shadow and i blew up the earth, now along side the ENTIRE CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE, and the A-TEAM
  • Interests:proving people that being stereotypical about me and bashing me is impolite, and is just rude!!!

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:58 AM

I kinda think she already has

Neil-Young-Rockin-In-The-Fre-101219.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users