#61 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 10 2010, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hope I'm not violating any double posting rules, but, I just saw Despicable Me, and wow, it was so adorable and funny! Especially Gru in the end, a must watch.

Yes, the end when he was putting the girls to sleep, i went all misty eyed :>

Well this is what could be considered for the man who produced Ice Age.

Edited by Strangelove, 10 July 2010 - 02:26 AM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#62 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:33 AM

I posted my review of Airbender over in the Avatar thread, i hated to rant like that but my goodness that was terrible>

im looking for ward to next week. Sorcerers Apprentice just looks like a load of fun, and after that Salt looks like a greta action movie.

Im curious as heck about inception but may not be able to see it till next month.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#63 socermania2

socermania2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Jul 10 2010, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I posted my review of Airbender over in the Avatar thread, i hated to rant like that but my goodness that was terrible>

im looking for ward to next week. Sorcerers Apprentice just looks like a load of fun, and after that Salt looks like a greta action movie.

Im curious as heck about inception but may not be able to see it till next month.

Lol, Rotten Tomatoes is ripping Sorcerer's Apprentice a new one.

And for good reason, it seems like your average cliche magic/action title. Nicholas Cage is the only interesting thing about it IMO.
BLACK AND WHITE

#64 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (socermania2 @ Jul 9 2010, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And for good reason, it seems like your average cliche magic/action title. Nicholas Cage is the only interesting thing about it IMO.

Really? Any reason why?

#65 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (socermania2 @ Jul 10 2010, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd like to point out that the RT rating is also based only on 5 reviews. So it doesn't omit the fact five reviewer obviously didn't like the film, its still only 5 reviews.

Edited by No WhereMan, 10 July 2010 - 12:06 PM.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#66 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:47 AM

I rewatched Titanic on tv last night, and it never gets old! Darn it, I wish I saw it when it was in theaters. I'll bet the sinking scene was way more intense on the big screen.

#67 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Jul 10 2010, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd like to point out that the RT rating is also based only on 5 reviews. So it doesn't omit the fact five reviewer obviously didn't like the film, its still only 5 reviews.

Only 5? I aways heard statements that certain movie had gone through the review of more than 130 persons and all. But that don't really matter, the guys from rotten tomatos sucks at making reviews, no movie can please them, they aways have some excuse to give a low score. The only times they give good reviews is probaly when the movie is so great, that if they don't give a high score, the fandom would go burn down their head quarters. biggrin.gif

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#68 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jul 12 2010, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only 5? I aways heard statements that certain movie had gone through the review of more than 130 persons and all. But that don't really matter, the guys from rotten tomatos sucks at making reviews, no movie can please them, they aways have some excuse to give a low score. The only times they give good reviews is probaly when the movie is so great, that if they don't give a high score, the fandom would go burn down their head quarters. biggrin.gif

Like those 2 or 3 guys that had all break loose on them when they made the Toy Story 3 rating go from 100% to 98%? laugh.gif

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#69 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (KonaKonaFan @ Jul 12 2010, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like those 2 or 3 guys that had all break loose on them when they made the Toy Story 3 rating go from 100% to 98%? laugh.gif

Precisely fu.png

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#70 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jul 12 2010, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what are you talking about? the critics on RT have to meet a certain criteria before they can be admitted into the staff. they can also get their credentials from other legitimate associations.

#71 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:04 PM

*clears throat*

Inception is EPIC!!!

*Clears throat again* That is all.

#72 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Jul 17 2010, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*clears throat*

Inception is EPIC!!!

I forgot all about. XD Guess i'll see it tomorrow.

#73 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:01 AM

I can personally vouch for Sorcerers Apprentice. its a great fun movie. Lots of epic sfx, good pacing and story and dialogue, some comic moments and plenty of development of both plot and character.

well worth the watch.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#74 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Jul 17 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can personally vouch for Sorcerers Apprentice. its a great fun movie. Lots of epic sfx, good pacing and story and dialogue, some comic moments and plenty of development of both plot and character.

well worth the watch.

I think Nicholas Cage was the best thing in that entire movie. Awesome magic too. Hope they had more fights in that movie though...

#75 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Jul 17 2010, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*clears throat*

Inception is EPIC!!!

I second this. It was just such a great idea, and the ending was such a troll XD I really enjoyed it.

#76 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:20 AM

^Yeah, I really want to watch it. I Heard it's really good.

#77 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Jul 17 2010, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well worth the watch.

I enjoyed Sorcerer's Apprentice to an extent. I thought the effects were great. The acting was decent...enough. But the story and plot was were the film was lacking.

Sorcerer's Apprentice Spoilers --Click here to view--
Personally I think the movie suffers from two things. One it somewhat recreates the formula from Star Wars "A New Hope". You have Dave Stutler the chosen apprentice who's supposed to correct the balance of magic by getting rid of the big evil Morgana. You also have Morgana's right hand man in black Maxim Horvath always on the heels of our heroes. Not to mention the old wise man for Dave's teacher, Balthazar Blake. Then at the end of the film Dave's powers manifest, he gets rid of the big bad and everyone lives happily ever after.

The second issue I have with the movie, the ending seems like they weren't sure if they'd be able to get a sequel from it so they kinda squashed one together. It wasn't really a great ending just something to finish the film with.

I think Nicholas Cage and Alfred Molina did a great job in their roles. Jay Baruchel I'm not really a big fan of.

I honestly think if they fleshed out the story a little bit. Delved in deeper with some of the backstory. Expanded on the different areas of magic. I mean you don't ever get a sense of what the boundaries (if there is any) on the magic in the film. I mean they could have gone in so many different directions with this film and produced a really in depth story. But like so many other films being produced today, this one falls somewhat short.

My honest opinion I would give Sorcerer's Apprentice a DVD rental suggestion.

Edited by No WhereMan, 20 July 2010 - 12:30 AM.

#78 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Jul 17 2010, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*clears throat*

Inception is EPIC!!!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFF I DON'T HAVE A THEATRE NEAR ME UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

so badly I wanna see this movie. SOBAD. argh1.png

js. ... the internet and friends and family are on fire because of this movie. oh lady luck you bish, why did you do this.

/a sad slowpoke

Edited by krisk, 27 July 2010 - 12:21 PM.

#79 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:54 AM

After seeing this trailer, I'm diffidently interested in checking it out when it releases.

#80 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:59 AM

That...actually looks like another live-action anime-esque movie.... And, it had me at schoolgirl with a sword....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users