It's so colllddd D:

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#61 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:13 PM

Heavy snow has hit the UK, and it's supposed to reach my town tonight/tomorrow. I doubt it'll settle, as that's a rare thing in a south-west coastal town!

It's been nice seeing photos of snowy scenes on Sky News, though. Despite all the disruption it brings, snow is a very beautiful sight.

#62 Sakura~Kitsune

Sakura~Kitsune

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Location:The Forgotten Borough formerly known as Staten Island!
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Roleplaying, Magical Girls, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Music, Friends/Family, and Food!

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:21 PM

The temperature actually went up drastically over the past week o.o

Rather than just staying in the 20s and low 30s, we reached about 50 degrees and luck have it that all the snow / ice has melted away... nothing but large puddles. No idea if there's a possibility of upcoming snow or anything of the sort - just looking outside, it seems as if it's a decent early spring morning. Although the heat's still on, probably around 45 or so (actually it's 44 o__o). Can't help but wonder if these temperatures are going to get any higher?
tumblr_n9ki6ltPXZ1qai1u2o1_500.gif

No matter how dark it is, you’re not alone you know?

The moonlight is shining on us

#63 Hefster

Hefster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

Yup it's cold in Germany too, it snowed over the weekend and they say another arctic cold front is coming down from Russia
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

You can find me here on FF.net.

Each topic brought to you with at least 1 spelling error.

#64 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:47 PM

I spoke too soon. It snowed heavily and settled here. XD

I've got to walk through the snow to get to work tonight. Oh well, at least it isn't that deep.

#65 Hefster

Hefster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 2 2009, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I spoke too soon. It snowed heavily and settled here. XD

I've got to walk through the snow to get to work tonight. Oh well, at least it isn't that deep.

Heh I saw in the news today that you guys got hit pretty badly. I also learned an interesting fact, you Britains apparently dont put on winter tires on your cars because you rarely get snow. Now that was new to me.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

#66 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,845 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:00 AM

It snowed... AGAIN... dry.gif

Thank God it wasn't that bad, but obviously it had stopped. Now I have to brace for the very chilly end, today. sleep.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#67 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Hefster @ Feb 2 2009, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heh I saw in the news today that you guys got hit pretty badly. I also learned an interesting fact, you Britains apparently dont put on winter tires on your cars because you rarely get snow. Now that was new to me.

Yep, it's rare! It was the worst snow we've had for 18 years. The only place you could see snow on a fairly regular basis in winter is Scotland. It's because the UK and Ireland are right at the end of the North Atlantic Gulf Stream current, which brings us our mild climate.

It hasn't snowed today, but there's the chance of more coming from the south tonight/tomorrow. However, it's most likely my town will just get lots of rain/sleet. Boo... tongue.gif

#68 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:10 PM

Yeah I'm getting tired of the snow and cold too. My driveway has so much snow packed on it now laugh.gif

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#69 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (L.I.D. @ Feb 4 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I'm getting tired of the snow and cold too. My driveway has so much snow packed on it now laugh.gif

Trust me, I think that we're *all* sick and tired of all this wretched cold by now happy.gif

#70 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:28 PM

Yea... I'm tired of getting out of school cause of snow.

#71 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:47 PM

Send some of that terrible weather my way~ California is facing a terrible drought after three years of minimal rain.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#72 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Feb 4 2009, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Send some of that terrible weather my way~ California is facing a terrible drought after three years of minimal rain.

Trust me. If we all could, we most definitely would XD

#73 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,845 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Feb 4 2009, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish we could (and it will make me jump for joy to get rid of the snow)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#74 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:16 AM

What sucks is JUST getting the cold weather and no fun snow. I know snow gets old after awhile, but darnit I want to play in it if its ganna be 20 degrees outside!

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#75 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Feb 4 2009, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wish we could (and it will make me jump for joy to get rid of the snow)

I'm not so sure about the snow... but it in the form of rain it wouldn't be too bad. But seriously... we desperately need some rain or something.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#76 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Feb 4 2009, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not so sure about the snow... but it in the form of rain it wouldn't be too bad. But seriously... we desperately need some rain or something.

So, half the country freezes, while the other half bakes...Mother Nature is just having a good 'ol time with us this time around tongue.gif

#77 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:19 AM

It's going to be -9 C here in Tallahassee tomorow. ;-; (15 F) I'm not even going to leave the house. It should be 90 by now. ;-; Even Miami is going to be about 25, but Tallahassee is way higher up.

;_________________________________________________;

#78 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (Tahaji @ Feb 4 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What sucks is JUST getting the cold weather and no fun snow. I know snow gets old after awhile, but darnit I want to play in it if its ganna be 20 degrees outside!

I'd agree on this point. I love winter and don't mind cold weather unless its really windy (God damn cold chill). I love snow so if its below 30, I demand snow!

Derock send some over down here yeah? Stop hogging all of it!

#79 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (Dark @ Feb 4 2009, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's going to be -9 C here in Tallahassee tomorow. ;-; (15 F) I'm not even going to leave the house. It should be 90 by now. ;-; Even Miami is going to be about 25, but Tallahassee is way higher up.

;_________________________________________________;

*Huggles Dark* Trust me, my dear. As a fellow Florida resident, I do *not* envy what you have to go through up there in North Florida. I can barely handle the temperatures down here in South Florida >.<

#80 Hefster

Hefster

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 5 2009, 05:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*Huggles Dark* Trust me, my dear. As a fellow Florida resident, I do *not* envy what you have to go through up there in North Florida. I can barely handle the temperatures down here in South Florida >.<

South Florida doesn't get cold... it's a myth. I know because I had 10years to proof it wrong and never once was I cold cool.gif

On a totally different side note... walking around in sweaters with 60+F outside does not count as being cold... just a little frosty tongue.gif
- Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users