#61 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ May 3 2011, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think its going to end soon. I remember a few years ago that Kishi said in a interview that it was uncertain for Madara to be the ultimate bad guy of the story. For all we know after
Madara is defeated Sasuke might be the ultimate bad guy of the story with his new EMS.

He might use Kabuto to make him an army to destroy Konoha and the rest of the ninja villages. This might make Kishi to make another time skip, but I think he will make the final arc of his manga which will the Naruto Sasuke fight part 2.

Yea I agree 100%. The main bad guy of the story has never and never will be Madara. It has always been Sasuke and the past Ninja world trying to cling onto life as the new Ninja world takes over. This story could never ever end on just a battle.

#62 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:37 PM

Just want Naruto to kill Madara like they were sayin' an then get to the good Sasuke vs. Naruto #2 pt. 2. (Saying part 2 because I don't count their Rasengan/Chidori squabble at the bridge a battle, but a taste if what is to come)

Gah-damn, Naruto better live through this thing!

#63 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:57 AM

I wonder if there will be manga today.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#64 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ May 4 2011, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just want Naruto to kill Madara like they were sayin' an then get to the good Sasuke vs. Naruto #2 pt. 2. (Saying part 2 because I don't count their Rasengan/Chidori squabble at the bridge a battle, but a taste if what is to come)

Gah-damn, Naruto better live through this thing!

Are there any Shounen main characters who died? Anyway it would be cool for a second timeskip and the next gen of shinobis hearing from the older ones that the main hero and the main villain use to be close friends but now they're trying to kill each other. Kinda like Clark Kent and Lex Luthor in Smallville.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#65 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ May 4 2011, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if there will be manga today.

Nope. 537 was supposed to be released today, not on Saturday. We'll be back on track next Wednesday. happy.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#66 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:57 PM

@Darth

Goku died twice (some say three) times. I think Lucy (my avatar) in Elfren Lied dies [forgot, not Shōnen]. Nearly every good character in Wolf's Rain [Is it Shōnen?]. Lots of characters die, it's not really so much because it's Shōnen, it's what the creator wants for the character.

#67 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ May 4 2011, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Darth

Goku died twice (some say three) times. I think Lucy (my avatar) in Elfren Lied dies [forgot, not Shōnen]. Nearly every good character in Wolf's Rain [Is it Shōnen?]. Lots of characters die, it's not really so much because it's Shōnen, it's what the creator wants for the character.

Goku doesn't count. He's like a Marvel comic character, "dieing" than came back to life. Lol than whats the point of dieing then? Hmmm I don't think Lucy died because there was a silhouette of her outside the door at the end. Well if Naruto dies that would suck ass!

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#68 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

You misunderstand. The anime of Elfren Lied ends way early. The manga continues and the ending is different, also, no, Goku is not a Marvel Hero, lol, he's a Shōnen Jump star. Akira also intended it ending in his death but fans and editors wanted him to continue so he did.

#69 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:38 PM

Now you misunderstand. I didnt say Goku is a Marvel hero. Well duh. I said he is like a marvel hero the way he dies then gets revived like Captain America.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 04 May 2011 - 07:39 PM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#70 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:46 PM

Captain Marvel has Dragon Balls?

Oh yeah, and I knew what you meant about Goku, but I'm saying he has every Shōnen cliché (or vis versa) and I don't know a thing about Marvel Comics so those comparisons don't exactly work with me.

Edited by ShippudenGirl, 04 May 2011 - 08:49 PM.

#71 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ May 1 2011, 08:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bwahahaha! Even that thing can't stand up to the pure GAR emanating from Naruto in GARuto mode, Killer Bee, and A.

I'm sorry, I must have missed something: who the heck is A?

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#72 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ May 4 2011, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry, I must have missed something: who the heck is A?

I think he's the raikage of Kumo isn't he?

Edited by sakurx, 04 May 2011 - 09:09 PM.

#73 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (sakurx @ May 4 2011, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think he's the raikage of Kumo isn't he?

OOOOH the Raikage... why is everyone calling him A? Is that really his name? huh.gif A? Really?

AboojTi.gif

#74 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ May 4 2011, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OOOOH the Raikage... why is everyone calling him A? Is that really his name? huh.gif A? Really?

Its really "Ei" which really the Japanese way of saying the english letter, A.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#75 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ May 4 2011, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its really "Ei" which really the Japanese way of saying the english letter, A.

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks laugh.gif I was confused as to why everyone was referring to a letter as a significant character huh.gif

AboojTi.gif

#76 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ May 5 2011, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Captain Marvel has Dragon Balls?

Oh yeah, and I knew what you meant about Goku, but I'm saying he has every Shōnen cliché (or vis versa) and I don't know a thing about Marvel Comics so those comparisons don't exactly work with me.

Really?? So you never watched the Iron-man movies and the recent Thor at least? Oh wells you just have to know that the similarity is with the resurrection of the characters since they were not able to kill off the character permanently due to the fans' undying( tongue.gif )love for them.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#77 manny123

manny123

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

I enjoyed the chapter, can't wait to see what Naruto can do.

#78 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ May 4 2011, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really?? So you never watched the Iron-man movies and the recent Thor at least? Oh wells you just have to know that the similarity is with the resurrection of the characters since they were not able to kill off the character permanently due to the fans' undying( tongue.gif )love for them.

No, because they are only profit making tools to the company heads. US superhero comics are all about making as much cash as possible as fast as possible, not long term coherent storytelling for the fans or valuing character development- as soon as the writer changes on a book, the vast majority of time the characters personalities changes radically. They kill off and bring back characters over and over for sales, radically charge characters personalities for sales, get them together with another character, then break them up just as it's looking to become a permanent relationship, then slap those characters into other pairings and do ditto- endlessly. They don't care if that endless cycle eventually becomes tiresome to those who've read it for a while, there's always a new generation of readers to make profits off of for a while...

But translated manga has significantly cut into and undermined this profit making cycle, because, although manga companies are certainly about making profit, they know good storytelling with character development and an actual ending to a story makes for not just short term profits but long term profits- a good series will be popular basically forever- Much of Tezuka's manga is still in print, several of Riyoko Ikeda's titles are still in print, much of Rumiko Takahashi manga is still in print, Naoko Takeuchi's Sailor Moon is still in print, Yuu Watase's Fushigi Yuugi is still in print, etc...
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#79 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ May 5 2011, 04:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oooohhh, watched Iron-Man, lol. He didn't die as far as I know, but you can't exactly compare him to Naruto, lol

#80 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ May 8 2011, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oooohhh, watched Iron-Man, lol. He didn't die as far as I know, but you can't exactly compare him to Naruto, lol

He died in one of the story arcs in the comic. There is so many freaking arcs I don't even know there is one canon timeline anymore. Well like ciardha said its not a good comparison with manga characters. Just pointing out the resurrection part of Goku seems similar with American comic characters.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users