124 replies to this topic

#61 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

Square Enix may not be everyone's favorite game developing company at the present moment, but the news that they released last week about LR: FFXIII is making me super excited for the game, and what they have in store for the final installment of Lightning's story.

Landscape Image Dump --Click here to view--

And here's a bird's eye view --Click here to view--

According to sources and the new trailer, Noel will be making his appearance once again; however, Lightning will be forced to put him down hard. Hope was already confirmed; Snow was as well. Fang and Vanille are also supposed to make an appearance in the game.

A new character named Lumina was also introduced

Gothic lolita? --Click here to view--

Not much else is known about her except that she'll be both a help and a hindrance.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#62 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

God, their pink hair colors are so beautiful..... wow.png

There's also pictures of Lightning's other equippable outfits floating around the interwebz. Still not sure what stat-changes they do, but it's a nice preview.

#63 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

I've been thinking about the Fang/Vanille thing on and off since I first heard about this game, and was meaning to post about it here tongue.gif
Because it makes sense that if Lightning essentially 'defrosts' in a future time, then Fang and Vanille may also de-frost/de-crystallize with her~ =3

*envisions re-forming her Lightning/Fang/Vanille fighting team and squees inside with happah~* whatthekitten.gif

#64 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jan 23 2013, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's also pictures of Lightning's other equippable outfits floating around the interwebz. Still not sure what stat-changes they do, but it's a nice preview.

From what I've read, it seems that each outfit will have certain roles, but that they are also customizable.

@Sakura - I know! I would love that! Except they've said that Lightning is the only playable character this time around. sad.gif

#65 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

I have a quick question about 13-2. I didn't love 13, I finished it but I felt it took to long to get anywhere and even when the plot picked up I felt it dragged way too much (especially the airship chapter -shudders-). I didn't hate it but I didn't enjoy it if that makes sense, it just felt very average to me but I did like some of the characters like Lightning so I'm kind of interested in Lightning Returns and from what I've heard from reports it sounds pretty neat.

But because I had less than a stellar time with 13 I never gave 13-2 a chance, would anyone recommend it?

I can't help but feel the whole 13 saga's plot has become very unfocused, I mean the first game was all about escaping from fate, the world felt very realized and quite believable then suddenly time travel which is one of the most notoriously difficult things to manage if not properly prepared.

#66 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

*conntemplating* should I get this Game? headscratch.gif Well I'm not going to judge, before it is released, but I don't buy FF that often. Hmm We'll see. smile.gif that said, the look is gorgeous. happy.gif (not contradicting my beliefs here, just stating it DOES look good)

QUOTE (Greed-Sama @ Jan 23 2013, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was NOT handled properly for a couple of reasons. The concept is never really explained why all of this is happening. The lore is buried in the story and is never touche, so it ends up being really convoluted. Not to mention the ending with one of the characters. 13-2 improved on the combat system in XIII but the story honestly was out of whack. The only reason I really want to play LR is because of Lightning and the characters, who I want to have a happy ending.

You could just read the spoilers then. tongue.gif just a suggestion cause chances are that you are spending another $60.00 or so just to find out the ending was disappointing. Happy, most certainly (the creators guaranteed it to their interpretation) but maybe still kind of a downer. sleep.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 January 2013 - 04:13 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#67 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (neoshadow @ Jan 23 2013, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a quick question about 13-2. I didn't love 13, I finished it but I felt it took to long to get anywhere and even when the plot picked up I felt it dragged way too much (especially the airship chapter -shudders-). I didn't hate it but I didn't enjoy it if that makes sense, it just felt very average to me but I did like some of the characters like Lightning so I'm kind of interested in Lightning Returns and from what I've heard from reports it sounds pretty neat.

But because I had less than a stellar time with 13 I never gave 13-2 a chance, would anyone recommend it?

I can't help but feel the whole 13 saga's plot has become very unfocused, I mean the first game was all about escaping from fate, the world felt very realized and quite believable then suddenly time travel which is one of the most notoriously difficult things to manage if not properly prepared.

It was NOT handled properly for a couple of reasons. The concept is never really explained why all of this is happening. The lore is buried in the story and is never touche, so it ends up being really convoluted. Not to mention the ending with one of the characters. 13-2 improved on the combat system in XIII but the story honestly was out of whack. The only reason I really want to play LR is because of Lightning and the characters, who I want to have a happy ending.

@Phantom - reading about an ending is never really satisfying. I want to to experience it.

Edited by Greed-Sama, 24 January 2013 - 04:13 AM.

#68 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

My friend told me that the American versions had various parts and cutscenes cut in order to limit how many discs were for the 360 version, so the plot felt disjointed (relegating a lot of plot-important stuff into the in-game encyclopedia), anyone know if that's true?

Although, I did skip 13-2, I'm probably gonna get this one, because Lightning.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 24 January 2013 - 04:45 AM.

#69 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jan 23 2013, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Although, I did skip 13-2, I'm probably gonna get this one, because Lightning.

^ This. She is the ONLY reason (and if they somehow add in Fang/Vanille~) that I'm even going to consider getting this game, after having to deal with the plot/ending fiasco of FF 13-2 dry.gif

#70 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Well like I said I'll consider it. smile.gif but the chances are not high. tongue.gif

#71 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 24 2013, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ This. She is the ONLY reason (and if they somehow add in Fang/Vanille~) that I'm even going to consider getting this game, after having to deal with the plot/ending fiasco of FF 13-2 dry.gif

Lol, Lightning Returns and Metal Gear Revengeance starring Raiden.... There's gonna be quite a bit of lightning this game year. XD

#72 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jan 27 2013, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, Lightning Returns and Metal Gear Revengeance starring Raiden.... There's gonna be quite a bit of lightning this game year. XD

Oh lol, you went there th_7eyytubokky7rehok1k.gif

#73 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 23 2013, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been thinking about the Fang/Vanille thing on and off since I first heard about this game, and was meaning to post about it here tongue.gif
Because it makes sense that if Lightning essentially 'defrosts' in a future time, then Fang and Vanille may also de-frost/de-crystallize with her~ =3

*envisions re-forming her Lightning/Fang/Vanille fighting team and squees inside with happah~* whatthekitten.gif

As much as I like the idea please no. The last thing we need is the Fang/Lightning Lightning/Vanille shipping fans having a field trip with XIII-3.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#74 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

They'll ship it regardless. mellow.gif remember what site we're on. wink.gif

#75 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jan 28 2013, 06:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They'll ship it regardless. mellow.gif remember what site we're on. wink.gif

Tell me about it ff.net the XIII story section has so much Lightning/Fang stories or as they put it FLight.

Greed-sama@ she looks a lot like Serah.

Edited by Gravenimage, 28 January 2013 - 02:43 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#76 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jan 28 2013, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As much as I like the idea please no. The last thing we need is the Fang/Lightning Lightning/Vanille shipping fans having a field trip with XIII-3.

*shrugs* I don't see a problem with that. Let people ship what makes them happy~

#77 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 28 2013, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*shrugs* I don't see a problem with that. Let people ship what makes them happy~

I don't mind that pairing of Lightning/Fang

pictureem0.gif

#78 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jan 28 2013, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pictureem0.gif

Oh you.... th_7eyytubokky7rehok1k.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#79 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

Hey! Anyone want the end of this game to be about giving Caius his long overdue Karmic retribution.... cool.gif

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jan 28 2013, 06:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tell me about it ff.net the XIII story section has so much Lightning/Fang stories or as they put it FLight.

Greed-sama@ [b]she looks a lot like Serah.[/]

YES she does. And I dig the gothic lolita look heheelq7.png

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jan 28 2013, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pictureem0.gif

tongue.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 30 January 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#80 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 27 2013, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh lol, you went there th_7eyytubokky7rehok1k.gif

I dunno, shauna, remember the saying, "Lightning never strikes the same area twice." Well, looks like it'll strike my PS3 twice this year. pictureem0.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users