Naruto 438

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#61 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:11 PM

WHOO for Sakura taking charge in this chapter, and Naruto kicking Pain's butt! a_spaz.gif

QUOTE (harry4e @ Mar 6 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you think it means that with the fifth currently ouit of action Sakura is acting Hokage as she is the Fifth Hokage's apprentice?

That would be kickass awesome wow.png

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 6 2009, 05:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P.S. Nice to hear Orobuto hasn't fallen off the planet. happy.gif

I know right! It's awesome 111191.gif

QUOTE (pal2002 @ Mar 6 2009, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(NH fandom is having a blast with their 'Hinata is alive so Naruto *must* fall for her now'...so sick of it.)

QUOTE (puckreathof @ Mar 6 2009, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If she becomes a huge player somehow when she never was before, well, it looks like Kishi has whipped out the shoehorn and is going to disappoint us all by forcing in a pairing this late in the game.

You know, I'm fairly convinced now that that really won't happen. I truly believe that Kishimoto has been setting NaruSaku up bit by bit from the very beginning, and as a shonen manga artist for him to suddenly switch gears like that, and out of the clear blue go with NaruHina, after practically no previous development between the two would be very shoujo of him, and Kishi loves his battles and fights, and "you are my friend, I'll fight to the end for you" themes way too much tongue.gif

Going NaruHina all of a sudden, would just be too much of a random departure for him at this point happy.gif

Besides we all know what happens when someone feeling one-sided love, confesses to their object of affection:

Sakura confessed to Sasuke = got epic rejected.

Hinata confessed to Naruto = what do you think will be the end result of that? wink.gif

I honestly think that the NaruHinas are letting themselves get carried too away with this, and they are going to be in for a very rude awakening in a little while.

#62 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Mar 6 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And the seocond part was how Sakura seemed to be in charge, which I gotta say was hot, Do you think it means that with the fifth currently ouit of action Sakura is acting Hokage as she is the Fifth Hokage's apprentice?

Sakura in charge?! That will be hot as hell!!! wow.png My love for her will skyrocket, if Kishimoto continues that development! drooling.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#63 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 6 2009, 04:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Three pages already? XD

I liked this chapter. happy.gif Kyuubi Naruto crushing the necklace is definitely a huge development. He no longer has his safety net. I also liked seeing Sakura take charge. happy.gif

This. Yes.

I firmly believe Naruto will be captured. I think Sakura will try to heal Hinata and there'll be a scene between the two of them. After that, Sakura hears Naruto has been captured... It would be a huge catalyst for character development. We may also see Sasuke forced to stop prancing about the bush and choose a side. Will he try to help Naruto, or will he simply stand by and let Madara extract the Kyuubi? If he chooses the latter, it could well change Sakura's opinion of him if she witnesses it. Like Naruto, she was willing to forgive Sasuke and welcome him back to Konoha, but would Sakura see his taking part in Naruto's capture as an unforgivable act?

Danzou's plan has backfired spectacularly. Now there is no Konoha for him to govern. If he's still alive, he might try to force the shinobi to choose between the village and Naruto, perhaps even painting Tsunade and Naruto as traitors who brought about Konoha's downfall.

Oh, I really cannot wait for future chapters. biggrin.gif

P.S. Nice to hear Orobuto hasn't fallen off the planet. happy.gif

I agree, I think Naruto's capture would be great character development for everyone else. Especially on Sakura and Sasuke's side. Sasuke especially, forcing him to come to a decision, not just what suits him best at the time. Perhaps he'll have a Darth Vadar moment, where he tosses Pain into a pit... nvm sweatdrop.gif But I'm still thinking about it, it's great to see other characters develop, but Naruto... what will he gain character-wise out of being captured, besides perhaps losing the kyubi and perhaps his life? If he somehow survives, he'd have to learn how to live with out that support, which would be great. I always thought that someday there would be a fight between Naruto and Kyubi, where he's placed in the same situation as is father was, and has to succeed where his father failed, in destroying the creature. Like I had always wanted to see Kakashi have to live without the sharingan: he'd probably have more endurance since the sharingan always being active probably doesn't help with chakra reserves.

I also liked how there was a pause where Sakura was thinking of what to do, I'm sure she was thinking of rushing in head long to try and stop Naruto, but did what a good Konoha shinobi would do and put the survivors first... Hm... Sakura for Hokage! tongue.gif sakura.gif

Orobuto? No! Kabuchimaru! tongue.gif i'm glad that Kishi didn't just forget, because many of the fanfics i've read that end the series, forget about him to.

QUOTE (harry4e @ Mar 6 2009, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to disagree with everyone who think Naruto will be captured at the end of this, everyone is forgetting that with the current state of Konoha, it would be prudent for them to send the only fit and capable ninja's they have to go save Naruto, If you remember the Sasuke retrieval arc, Tsunade was forced to send one newly promoted Chunnin and four Genin as Konoha had no experienced ninja's to spare.

Don't really understand what you're trying to say here. I don't see how the fact that the need to send able shinobi to retrieve Naruto would not make sense with Naruto being captured.

Are you saying they wouldn't send shinobi after Naruto because of the destruction of Konoha? If so, I'd have to disagree. It'd give them more reason to do so, if the Kyubi fell into the hands of someone who did this, it would be super important to find and stop him.

Also we have to remember that at the moment only the Ying side of Kyuubi is accessable wthin Naruto, the yang and more dangerous is sealed off completely and can't be unlocked without the key held by the toad (And since nobody else knows about the seal, they would not realise anything went wrong untill it's too late). So even if they did capture NAruto the suspense wouldn't be all that great because we'd know it would be a failure at the won't be able to extract the full power of the Kyuubi.

Jiraiya... or someone else has said the seal was weakening, and has been for some time now. I think the key is needed to re-strengthen the lock on the yang energy. I think what they meant with the Yin energy is that Yondaime allowed access to the Kyubi's endurance and the ability to summon the first tail as a last ditch move, but that the rest of the sealed powers were the other tails, because once all tails are out, the Kyubi would have free reign.

I'm still not happy with the current events, from Hinata's confession, to Naruto going six tails to how Sakura found out straight away about Hinata's situation. It's all too rushed and kinda unoriginal.

The only two parts I found interesting was the necklace getting crushed, first because I want to see Naruto's reaction when he realises he distroyed an artifact worth a mountain of gold as well as Tsunade reaction to it all...lol. But more importantly this basically means Naruto can no longer rely on third party help he'll have to step up to the plate and take control himself.

Also another factor to consider is the last clone that has still not come into play. Maybe if that is summoned by Ma Toad, it will supress the Kyuubi, similar to how the First Hokage could control the Bijuu's as his bloodline sugest he was one with nature.

I don't agree that the confession was rushed from a writer's point of view. From Hinata's point of view, yes, and it makes sense, she thought she was going to die. Sakura also found out quickly because of the Byakugan, which yes would find out quickly, and yes it was very nice of Kishi to place a Byakugan user close to Sakura as a means of keeping the pace going. The six tails was kind of alarming... to me it felt weird, and sudden. There wasn't even a moment's hesitation on Naruto's part, and part of me is conflicted as to whether or not that was a poor character choice by Kishi to push the plot forward.

I do agree about the necklace thing being destroyed and the interesting outcomes that would come of that, especially Naruto now being forced to step up because he'll do great damage if he doesn't keep himself under control... like the Hulk, XD.

The last clone... that's interesting, I didn't think of that. I have an excuse to go back and read the current chapters again. But if you're right, I hope Kishi makes good use of it, because I think like me most readers would have forgotten about it. And it's only been in the anime, i believe, where they depict Naruto being unable to use clones while Kyubi-fied.

And what you said about Sakura being Hokage, I don't think so, it just seem right now that she's the only one with a grip on what's truly going on. It would be interesting though, she'd have to contend with Danzou, if he's still alive. But thinking about it, if Team 7 is truly a reflection of the Sannin, Sakura would make a great Hokage, as her teacher did.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 06 March 2009 - 05:19 PM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#64 Cali

Cali

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:19 PM

I think a lot of NaruHina fans get the manga confused with the anime; as I said in a rant somewhere else, Hinata's a really small character in the manga ( I think Ino has had more panel time & has actually done more constructive stuff ), pretty much her only function was to show Naruto was desireable to *someone*. I'm gonna have to stop reading if she lives through all this, but if I could push past that, to have her suddenly turn into one of Naruto's inner circle, let alone his love interest with the near zero development Kishi's done for her over 400+ chapters would kill what credibility I have left for the series after some of the utter ridiculousness of some of shippuden.

I'm still failing to see any blaze of glory in the last chapter, all she did was totally fail to do anything useful, and then get stabbed. Fairly sure she knew it was suicidal, so the lack of consequences to her confession made it easy to say; I don't see any guts in that either. I guess she didn't think it'd matter to Naruto ( given her self esteem that's probably a fair guess ), coz if she did think it'd matter that would be quite amazingly selfish, and not a little spiteful. However I think I'm giving Kishi a bit too much benefit of the doubt & he meant it to be glorious, and I just don't think it was.

Hah, Sakura's inner medic is coming out; every single person I've met who's worked in healthcare has been boringly levelheaded and quite ridiculously bossy smile.gif and given my family are in healthcare that's quite a few of them. Glad to see one of the female rookies is actually being given some character for once.

The Pain Naruto's chasing isn't Nagato himself, so killing that body isn't going to kill Pain totally, although I think it's probably going to die. I guess the group trying to find Nagato is going to end up being diverted into sorting Naruto out, so he's going to get away. Probably time for Madara to turn up again.

#65 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:19 PM

Cool to see Sakura's char devlopment paying off, atleast she won't evecuate with the others like some people feared happy.gif

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#66 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

Im glad to see Sakura not being handed some stupid role, good job Kishi. And 6-Tails is damn amazing.

#67 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

Im really excited to see some Sakura and im extra excited to see whats in store for her. There are so many possibilities here its blowing my mind.

Idealy, Id love to see her somehow get through to Naruto, but then again, that is almost as cliche' as the previous chapters, but hey, if kishi can keep hinata alive, then damnit, I want some freakin' Narusaku! RIGHT NOW!

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#68 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Mar 6 2009, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well see thats for sure. Hinata is dead or dying especiallys ince she was at ground zero when that large rock fell on Naruto and was turned to rubble. She looked to be buried since there was no sign of her at all.

Actually, Hinata wasn't around the blast zone. Pein got knocked away by a reverse Shinra Tenshi on pg 6, then pg 7 shows Kyuubi-six tails jumping closer to where Pein landed. So Hinata was spared from the blast zone. But she doesn't look too hot.

QUOTE (Migz @ Mar 6 2009, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it just me or is there now nothing left of the village. It seems like kuub-naruto fired at the hokage mountains.

The perspective is really confusing, but I think when Pein was hit away by Kyuubi-six tails, he was somewhat underneath the Hokage Monument (see pg 7). When Kyuubi-six tails tries to blast him with a dark chakra ball at nearly point-blank range, Pein somehow deflects it with a rock and makes the chakra ball destroy another part of the destroyed Konoha.

With all of this destruction going on in Konoha, I really wonder what sort of basement Danzo was hiding in? I mean, 99% of the city has been decimated and last we saw him, Danzo was hanging out with the Root group underground somewhere. Though I doubt that the damage sustained to Konoha is enough to destroy Danzo's underground lair, you have to wonder if they'll be able to dig themselves out of the hole their hiding in.

On another related note, with Konoha in the dire straights that it is in, it would be easier for Danzo to pull a coup and take over whatever is left of city. I could picture him trying to rally against Naruto with some negative propoganda about how Naruto's Kyuubi state aided in destroying parts of Konoha. But interesting to see what happens next.
End of line.

#69 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:55 PM

While seeing Sakura kind of in charge was nice, I do gotta wonder where Tsunade was... Well, she does currently have her old looks and I don't think Kishimoto wants to show that. But there's no explanation as to where she is.

And it is pretty interesting to note that Sakura is probably the only one who could possibly save Hinata. With Shizune gone and Tsunade....somewhere, I think she's the best medical ninja in Konoha right now. But just as Sakura herself has said, you can't fix everything with medical ninjutsu. Really eager to see what happens there. ><

I'd be alright with a Naruto rescue story as long as it isn't too long. I really just want to see what the citizens of Konoha, Root, and Sasuke will do after all of this.

#70 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Mar 6 2009, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah but like I said earlier it will also result in Naruto being near death.

Yeah. I would have to agree with you on that. Cause when Naruto went 4 tails he was messed up when he came out of it. I also like seeing Sakura take charge!! drooling.gif

6 tails smacked Pein. msmack.gif

#71 NaruSaku16

NaruSaku16

Cherry Blossom Yoshi

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:10 PM

Hinata's action to save Naruto on the previous chapter was pretty random (at least to me it was). I guess love does make people do crazy things. sleep.gif Though surviving Pein's stab is even crazier...unless it was intentional so she can suffer a bit before she dies instead of it being instant and relatively painless (which is very cruel, but very possible). It does look like she is alive, but for how much longer...we don't know until the next chapter comes out (or even after that). Oh am I drawn so badly into the manga right about now.

Please Kishi...don't let Hinata live. I have nothing against the girl, but it is annoying to see how the rookies look invincible. 111193.gif Though having Hinata and Sakura chat for one last time would be great. smile.gif I would have mad respect for Kishi if he did that. :thumbs:

As for Naruto breaking the necklace...my heart completely sank when he did that. sad.gif It will be very interesting to see how Naruto will get out of this mess. *still in shock and has no clue how anybody can help him or how anybody can capture him at this point*

Sakura in charge...*squee* Oh my goodness I am so excited for the Sakura arc right now. I can't wait to see her skills (physical and strategic) into action. happy.gif Go Sakura! a_dance.gif

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Mar 6 2009, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm... Sakura for Hokage! tongue.gif sakura.gif

Ha ha, now that would be a nice twist of events. XD

Sakura will always be my favorite Naruto character, especially since she's a lot like me. XD

The loves of my life are NaruSaku and Yoshi. ^_^

#72 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

I never really pictured Naruto just sitting at a desk. I thought he would be more like J-man or Kakashi. Out on the field but could easily be Hokage. Kinda like the way J-man was offered the position and he said no cause Tsunade has the brains for it. The next sannin and stuff like that. :shrug:

#73 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:41 PM

I never really pictured Naruto just sitting at a desk. I thought he would be more like J-man or Kakashi. Out on the field but could easily be Hokage. Kinda like the way J-man was offered the position and he said no cause Tsunade has the brains for it. The next sannin and stuff like that. shrug.gif

Cos Tsunade is so dedicated to her paperwork... heheh

Slight side note: Nagato noted that God realm was close enough - does that mean Naruto's being lead straight to him? Maybe they'll be coming face to face pretty soon.

#74 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (DownsEndRoad @ Mar 6 2009, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cos Tsunade is so dedicated to her paperwork... heheh

Slight side note: Nagato noted that God realm was close enough - does that mean Naruto's being lead straight to him? Maybe they'll be coming face to face pretty soon.

lol paper work...

and I think (your side note) it means that hes close enough to use his secret technique.

#75 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:12 PM

Yeah it seems like God realm had to be within a certain range for his special jutsu to work, which means that it takes a lot of chakra. Since Nagato must be running low on chakra this is probably his last resort (and the hidden technique that he's been hiding up his sleeve that we've all been waiting to see~) At the same time it carves out a very clear path for Konoha that says "Rinnegan-user in this direction ===>" But the spoiler at the bottom pg 17 says that this jutsu could destroy kyuubi's chakra...
huh.gif (and damn Pain sure is buff for a dead guy) :what:

Sakura taking charge was not a big shocker to me. She took charge the same way in the Sand village. What I really liked was seeing her recognize the feel of Naruubifed chakra, just cuz it's another one of those narusaku type things I had imaged in my head.
As for Tsunade, you can assume that she's probably passed out & behind held by the toad summon. Sakura and that anbu guy wouldn't have left her side so she hasn't moved anywhere. You can even sort of see the frog supporting her on page 16 - first frame.

Does anyone think there's a chance of Naruto going to 7 or 8 tails? wot.gif

Edited by Nee-sama, 06 March 2009 - 09:32 PM.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#76 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Mar 6 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While seeing Sakura kind of in charge was nice, I do gotta wonder where Tsunade was... Well, she does currently have her old looks and I don't think Kishimoto wants to show that. But there's no explanation as to where she is.

I believe that Tsunade is being held by Gamakichi. If you see the panel where Sakura, the Hyuuga, the ANBU guy and Kichi, you notice that he's holding something because his left hand is not on the ground.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#77 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:30 PM

Just a thought, but if Naruto were to get captured, the Kyuubi has to be the last bijuu extracted, so Akatsuki would have to find the Hachibi container again and extract that first.

#78 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:37 PM

Well personally i think hinatas done for. when naruto supressed Pains attack he didn't move at all. then he charged his chakra attack and to me it looked as if it exploded right there rather than shooting oof somewhere else, meaning hinata was cought in the blast. is this just me seeing this or is anyone else noticing this? if im wrong plz correct me.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#79 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Mar 6 2009, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well personally i think hinatas done for. when naruto supressed Pains attack he didn't move at all. then he charged his chakra attack and to me it looked as if it exploded right there rather than shooting oof somewhere else, meaning hinata was cought in the blast. is this just me seeing this or is anyone else noticing this? if im wrong plz correct me.

It did look like Naruto jumped a little bit but not very far. I think you're right that she was still really close since that was a huge blast.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#80 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:09 PM

Just out of curiosity, those rods the Pein put in Naurto's body, are they still there? If they are, could that be why Naruto is being led closer to Nagato?

I think that destruction of the necklace was very pivotal to Naruto's development. To this point, it has been a crutch for him to bail him out should he lose control. And now that it is no longer there, we can see Naruto's will of fire. It's a common theme that even against the toughest odds, he wills his way on top. And I think this is yet another challenge for him. His friends, his village, his girl...he will look to them for strength in order to be able to control and suppress the Kyuubi.

When this battle is over he will be able to see the city laid to waste, not just by Pein but by him. He will take to lessons away from this. 1. He will need to become even stronger to protect the people he loves. 2. He needs to learn to control and suppress the Kyuubi's powers so that doesn't happen again. It would be great if he is able to meet Killer Bee and maybe learn tips from someone like him who has been able to co-exist with his Bijuu. I think the time is ticking to the day that the seal on the Kyuubi completely breaks, and when the time comes, Naruto needs to develop his own strength to contain, control, or destroy that power.

I am also wondering how badly damaged Naruto's body will be when he is brought back to human form. And I would like to see a final exchange with Hinata. Something along the lines of Sakura trying to heal her (even though she knows the wound is mortal), and Hinata telling Sakura it's a lost cause and pleading for her to go save Naruto.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users