#61 Fox-And-Flower

Fox-And-Flower

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 18 2009, 06:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is kind of off topic but it has to do with some of the newer developments. How is Kishi going to handle Naruto's new stance on fighting? Is Naruto going to turn into Ghandi? No violence as retaliation. How will he deal with Danzo who seems much more narrow minded than anyone Naruto's dealt with before. The problem here is that Naruto has nothing that connects him with Danzo... as has developed yet. The same goes for Madara. How do you convince someone you do not understand?

I'm sure if a fight breaks out Naruto will still fight, just not to the death. But what will he do when words fail him again, just like it did with Sasuke the first time?

And for those who mentioned Sai's death as a possibility, just because a character has reached a good growing point, and has flashbacks doesn't mean they're going to die. Look at Kakashi and Chouji for example. Neither ones are dead. To me it simple signals a turning point and a new struggle for Team Naruto. Something else Naruto will have to work towards. Keeping Sai alive.

it's also going to be interesting what kind of a mask Danzo will put on at the meeting to try and gain the favor of the Jonins of Konohagakure.

i dont think it means naruto will stop fighting. if he has to, he'll fight for sure. killing is what i think he doesnt believe in.

and naruto usually did that anyway, talk, if that didint work, beat the crap out of his opponent, then maybe this time they'd be willing to listen. naruto wont stop until they listen and until they get it.

#62 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 18 2009, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is kind of off topic but it has to do with some of the newer developments. How is Kishi going to handle Naruto's new stance on fighting? Is Naruto going to turn into Ghandi? No violence as retaliation. How will he deal with Danzo who seems much more narrow minded than anyone Naruto's dealt with before. The problem here is that Naruto has nothing that connects him with Danzo... as has developed yet. The same goes for Madara. How do you convince someone you do not understand?

I'm sure if a fight breaks out Naruto will still fight, just not to the death. But what will he do when words fail him again, just like it did with Sasuke the first time?

Naruto hasn't faced the dark side of peace keeping yet (last development like Freakazoid said). Naruto will eventually learn that some (Sasuke/Madara) know matter how much you try negotiating with them or beating the crap out of them, it will never change their way of thinking and viewing. wink.gif

A good example to what I'm talking about is a cop who tries their absolute best to not kill the victim but on some rare cases they just have to put them down for good (kill). sleep.gif

QUOTE (Fox-And-Flower @ Jul 18 2009, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i dont think it means naruto will stop fighting. if he has to, he'll fight for sure. killing is what i think he doesnt believe in.

and naruto usually did that anyway, talk, if that didn't work, beat the crap out of his opponent, then maybe this time they'd be willing to listen. naruto wont stop until they listen and until they get it.

Naruto hasn't been in a situation were it takes "the will to survive" (kill or be killed). He'll probably face that scenario with Madara. (Naruto always had Kyuubi or his friends to come to his fatal aid in the past but with Madara it will be different, Madara can use his EMS to render Naruto useless of Kyuubi and he could potential put Naruto in his T (forgot the name) MS Genjutsu and be tortured like Itachi did with Kakashi in part 1. That's when Naruto will learn the will to survive.)

Edited by 6thHokage, 18 July 2009 - 05:17 PM.

#63 canis

canis

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 18 2009, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure if a fight breaks out Naruto will still fight, just not to the death. But what will he do when words fail him again, just like it did with Sasuke the first time? [...]

I think, that he'll do what's necessary. Even killing if necessary (I don't Madara will be converted). It's actually not that different from what he did in part I in his important fights. When he fought Gaara he told him that he was weak because he was fighting for others instead of himself.... When he fought Sasuke, he wanted acknowledgment and to do that he'd show Sasuke that he was indeed capable of scratching his forhead protector.
He was a lot more hotheaded and started unnecessary fights as well (or was willing to). Now he has a better understanding of that I think.
And even if it wasn't a brilliant idea to get himself beat up by Karui, it left an impression... And it's certainly better than beating the cloud team up...

Edited by canis, 18 July 2009 - 10:10 AM.

#64 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Jul 18 2009, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And for those who mentioned Sai's death as a possibility, just because a character has reached a good growing point, and has flashbacks doesn't mean they're going to die. Look at Kakashi and Chouji for example. Neither ones are dead. To me it simple signals a turning point and a new struggle for Team Naruto. Something else Naruto will have to work towards. Keeping Sai alive.

it's also going to be interesting what kind of a mask Danzo will put on at the meeting to try and gain the favor of the Jonins of Konohagakure.

To be honest, I don't think that Naruto's stance is no violence. If he can avoid a conflict, sure, he's not going to fight, but I don't think that his stance on fighting with others will be much different than before. I think it will be a lot like how it was when Naruto faced down the last pain body: he tried to reason with him, then when his enemy didn't back down, he disabled him.

He hasn't killed anyone yet, at this point. Even Kakuzu, who he fought to kill, was finished off by Kakashi.

But what Naruto will do with Danzo is an interesting question. I doubt that he'll be able to be talked into backing down and following Naruto's new mindset, so something permanent will have to be done. I doubt that it will be death though. He'll probably find some mean of taking away the threat he poses without killing him.
Avatar Example with Book 3 Spoilers --Click here to view--
like Aang did to the Firelord by taking away his ability to firebend at the end of Avatar

Well, that or some other character will kill him.
I can't wait to see the summit, personally, and to see all the kages interacting with one another. happy.gif

Edited by Paptala, 18 July 2009 - 02:40 PM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#65 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:10 PM

I sort of hope that the next chapter will also be a transitional chapter having Naruto & Kakashi talk about Minato. & from there, we can find out what happened to Kushina, (I hope.)

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#66 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Jul 18 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sort of hope that the next chapter will also be a transitional chapter having Naruto & Kakashi talk about Minato. & from there, we can find out what happened to Kushina, (I hope.)

Can't imagine any Kushina talk just yet, never know though of course.

#67 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, I would like to hear more about Kushina. But as Freakazoid said, it probably won't happen, and I'm not sure it'll happen at all.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#68 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:05 PM

Shonen must be going to take a summer break next week.

2009.Vol35 27/7/09(Mon) on sale!
First pages in color!!
NARUTO
Masashi Kishimoto

List of other Manga Titles/Authors here: --Click here to view--
ONE PIECE Eiichiro Oda
Center title pages in color!!
Wajimania
Satoshi Wajima

Increasing 47 pages!!
Kagijin
Yasuki Tanaka

DENGI
Yusaku Shibata

Kochikame
Osamu Akimoto

BEELZEBUB Ryuhei Tamura
SKET DANCE Kenta Hagiwara
BLEACH Tite Kubo
Toriko Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro
Inumarudashi Kouji Ohishi
Anedoki Mizuki Kawakittena
Reborn! Akira Amano
Kuroko's Basket ball Tadatoshi Fujimaki
Nurarihyon no mago Hiroshi Shiibashi
Bakuman Tsugumi Ohba ⁄ Takeshi Obata
Medaka Box Ishin Nishio ⁄ Akira Akatsuki
AKABOSHI Youichi Amano
Gintama Hideaki Sorachi
PSYREN Toshiaki Iwashiro
To LOVE ru Kentaro Yabuki ⁄ Saki Hasemi
Pyu to fuku! Jaguar Kyosuke Usuta

http://shonenjump.co...njump/next.html

http://www.naruto10th.com/
WJ 34 [Japanese Text] 3 tomes on right. I wonder what is text banner say?

here is the preview of WSJ from Vered at NF and translated by Nightjumper:

The strongest ninja action series!! Still running and breaking through its 10th year!!

A destiny set by the heavens... Turn natural energy into strength... And strike through it in Sennin Mode!

A front cover celebrating the 10 year anniversary of the serialization, and opening page(s) in color!!

The Five Kage Summit begins!! Naruto departs from the village at last!!

Edited by 6thHokage, 18 July 2009 - 11:37 PM.

#69 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (6thHokage @ Jul 18 2009, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto hasn't faced the dark side of peace keeping yet (last development like Freakazoid said). Naruto will eventually learn that some (Sasuke/Madara) know matter how much you try negotiating with them or beating the crap out of them, it will never change their way of thinking and viewing. wink.gif

He already knows this. I think people are misunderstanding Naruto's character. You gotta remember that he really wanted to kill Nagato, but didn't for Jiraiya's sake. He's not a total pacifist, and he's definetely not going to even try to understand and reason with someone like Orochimaru or Hidan. As for Sasuke, Naruto's not giving up on him because he swore he wouldn't and he, of course, doesn't go back on his word.

QUOTE (6thHokage @ Jul 18 2009, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like will be getting a early Naruto Chapter this coming Monday. Shonen must be going to take a break summer break next week.
2009.Vol35 27/7/09(Mon) on sale!
First pages in color!!
NARUTO
Masashi Kishimoto

...7/27 is not this coming Monday.

Edited by Daniee, 18 July 2009 - 11:32 PM.

#70 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:20 AM

Hm.. looks they changed the date. The last time I checked SJ's site, it said 17th. I guess we're not getting a chapter this week?

#71 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:24 AM

Well, that sucks! Oh well, guess we'll find out soon.

#72 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:45 AM

Naruto hasn't faced the dark side of peace keeping yet (last development like Freakazoid said). Naruto will eventually learn that some (Sasuke/Madara) know matter how much you try negotiating with them or beating the crap out of them, it will never change their way of thinking and viewing.

A lot of people misjudge Naruto's character, I agree with Daniee on this. He is not a total pacifist at all like Aang was. He will kill someone when he needs too. He doesn't want to kill Sasuke because of the promise he made to Sakura and as he is the type to not go back on his word.

#73 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (RyrineaHaruno @ Jul 18 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A lot of people misjudge Naruto's character, I agree with Daniee on this. He is not a total pacifist at all like Aang was. He will kill someone when he needs too. He doesn't want to kill Sasuke because of the promise he made to Sakura and as he is the type to not go back on his word.

What happens if Naruto holds back and winds up being the one close to death by Sasuke hands? (i get aggravated sometimes that Sauske has no problem killing Naruto/Sakura like we've seen before when Sai/Yamoto stopped him, but Sakura/Naruto still has feelings for him and except him back in the village even after trying to kill them and all the other actions he committed) sleep.gif "Please Kishi make Naruto & Sakura more Matuurreee!" "I wish Naruto would just express his feelings to Sakura and kiss her and maybe she'll follow up." narusaku.gif

I don't mean to be sarcastic or anything like that, so please don't get mad at me if my postings seem that way.

Edited by 6thHokage, 19 July 2009 - 01:25 AM.

#74 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:24 AM

So does anyone have a confirmation if we will have a new chapter this week or not?

#75 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (6thHokage @ Jul 18 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What happens if Naruto holds back and winds up being the one close to death by Sasuke hands? (i get aggravated sometimes that Sauske has no problem killing Naruto/Sakura like we've seen before when Sai/Yamoto stopped him, but Sakura/Naruto still has feelings for him and except him back in the village even after trying to kill them and all the other actions he committed) sleep.gif "Please Kishi make Naruto & Sakura more Matuurreee!" "I wish Naruto would just express his feelings to Sakura and kiss her and maybe she'll follow up." narusaku.gif

I don't mean to be sarcastic or anything like that, so please don't get mad at me if my postings seem that way.

Remember, Aang found another way, so I think Naruto will find another way. Their are a tons of non leathal moves that could be used on him to knock him out or even destroy his hopes of creating Justus. Their are paralyzing justus as well I think at least so yeah he could find another way.

#76 Sir Whirly

Sir Whirly

Artest. Classy. Pick one.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • Interests:Anime, pot, and women. What more do you need in life?

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Jul 18 2009, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So does anyone have a confirmation if we will have a new chapter this week or not?

I am pretty certain we will. I see no talk elsewhere that points to no chapter. Could be wrong though.

#77 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Jul 18 2009, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember last time Shonen took off for a break/holiday, The chapter wasn't suppose to come out till the week after but the chapter came in early anyways but we had no chapter the week after the break, rather if that's how it works in the States compared to Japan or it was leaked. I remember the guy that posts the manga at the onemanga.com homepage was all confused. I hope it get leaked again. :teehee:

#78 TwilightLink20xx

TwilightLink20xx

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:06 PM

7/27 is NEXT monday, so yes, we will get a chapter this week. The past chapter's official release date is July 20th, we got it EXTREMELY early, which is insane, since we get it early anyway.

#79 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (TwilightLink20xx @ Jul 19 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
7/27 is NEXT monday, so yes, we will get a chapter this week. The past chapter's official release date is July 20th, we got it EXTREMELY early, which is insane, since we get it early anyway.

Your right TwilightLink20xx, we will get a chapter this week but the break will be next week (27th week).

From Vered at NF: bad news guys.naruto will be abesent next week.that means after 457 we'll have a break of a week:

Shonen Jump 35

Bottom 5

Medaka
Toriko
BakuMan
Akaboshi
ToLove
Jaguar.

Shonen Jump 36

Cover & CP: Kochikame
CP: Sket Dance, Inumaru, Kin Mirai
Naruto absent

Edited by 6thHokage, 20 July 2009 - 02:18 AM.

#80 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (TwilightLink20xx @ Jul 19 2009, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well taking account the translating time, doesn't that mean that chapter 457's release is the 20th?
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users