243 replies to this topic

#61 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:08 PM

I am taking back my words. It starts getting more interesting than I thought. Many new features, but I suppose it is going to be expensive

#62 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:38 PM

I just saw the 3DS being shown at the Nintendo conference.

At first, I was a little disappointed it looked so much like a DS and the screens were different sizes.

Then they showed Kid Icarus Uprising.

The graphics are near Gamecube level, and there was a LOT of 3D gameplay, lots of flying and swooping and shooting. Even in flat 2D on my monitor it looked impressive.

There is an impressive list of confirmed developers, including Capcom, Harmonix, Konami and Level 5.

The games list includes:

DJ Hero 3D
Kingdom Hearts 3D (demo for now)
Saints Row
Madden NFL
FIFA Soccer
Dead or Alive 3D
Ninja Gaiden
Super Street Fighter IV (yes, in 3D!)
Ridge Racer
Metal Gear Solid
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles
Samurai Warriors
Nintendogs + Cats
Kid Icarus Uprising
Mario game (we saw a tiny snippet of Bowser destroying things)

Oh, and Nintendo are going to deliver 3D movies from Hollywood studios, such as Disney, Dreamworks and Warner Bros. They say it'll be a low cost way of watching 3D movies without glasses.

Pics will come later. smile.gif

I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised! I was only expecting to see DS quality graphics, but the Kid Icarus clip was around Gamecube quality with some impressive scenery. The line-up of developers and games so far suggests that the 3DS will be able to offer something for everyone, from Nintendogs to Street Fighter. There'll be the inevitable Zelda and Mario Kart games as well.

*looks at DSi*

I'm selling you off.

#63 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:37 PM

I was very impressed with the 3DS, I thought for sure it would be gimmicky, but after seeing it in action, it looks awesome!

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#64 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:44 PM

.......FML I JUST GOT TROLLED

Goodbye DSi, gonna trade it in pronto.

you win nintendo, you win Kojima.

Edited by Illmatic, 16 June 2010 - 01:19 AM.

#65 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (Illmatic @ Jun 15 2010, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.......FML I JUST GOT TROLLED

Goodbye DSi, gonna trade it in pronto.

you win nintendo, you win Kojima.

Yep, my DSi is going as well! I may have to endure months without Mario Kart DS, but I'd like to try and get as much money as I can for the DSi before people start selling off old DSes like crazy near the 3DS launch date.

Got a whole bunch of screenshots for the 3DS, I'll get ready for work first as I don't know how long it could take to upload them all. happy.gif; The games do look good so far, and I have to keep reminding myself that they'll be in full 3D.

#66 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:52 PM

Metal Gear being played on the 3DS Trailer

Everytime I buy a handheld, I think I'll use it but It usually winds up collecting dust. I was hoping for only one big screen in 3D at least. sleep.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 15 June 2010 - 06:55 PM.

#67 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

There are way too many screenshots for me to upload before I have to leave for work. XD;

You can find all the game screenshots and videos on the official 3DS website.

There are a bunch of Nintendo games revealed on that site, as well as some more third party titles:

Mario Kart 3DS! --Click here to view--

Dead or Alive 3D --Click here to view--

Looking good so far. smile.gif There are others I'd love to show, such as StarFox, but I REALLY have to get going to work now!

#68 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:33 PM

Nintendo has never dissapointed me or let me down with a handheld console.

And its record remains flawless.

I am already slobbering with the incoming games.

I won't sell my old, trusty DS (I play my Gameboy Advance games on it), but I am craving for owning a 3DS.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#69 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:33 PM

I'm so seriously hyped about this now. Sure, they claimed xbox level gfx, but since they're rendering it in 3d, I wasn't expecting this level resolution, but it looks great. Seriously, the 3DS is beyond all expectations now, and the sheer power this handheld will be able to pump out in good old 2.5D games might be awesome beyond anything I've seen so far.
Better than PSP? You bet your sweet little ass it is!

#70 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:37 PM

That is awesome! Sorry my dear Ds, you will soon be in e bay! XD Those 3D games should be exciting!

#71 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jun 15 2010, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, my DSi is going as well! I may have to endure months without Mario Kart DS, but I'd like to try and get as much money as I can for the DSi before people start selling off old DSes like crazy near the 3DS launch date.

Yea, you'll get next to nothing around launch, so if you're gonna sell it, now's the time.

Ocarina of time remake on 3DS?man, I'm sold. 3DS confirmed to be greatest handheld everz.

Edit:Confirmed!

Edited by Illmatic, 16 June 2010 - 01:17 AM.

#72 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Jun 15 2010, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dead or Alive 3D --Click here to view--

O_O

DOA!!! You've return after the crazy issues from Tecmo!!! biggrin.gif

EDIT:

There's more games, including Naruto, Dragon Ball and Sonic titles heading for the system as well! biggrin.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#73 socermania2

socermania2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:14 PM

Oh my...

Nintendo, I think you have made my month.
BLACK AND WHITE

#74 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:14 AM

This will by far be the greatest Nintendo (possibly best handheld ever) handheld in existence. I can wait for this bad boy to come out. I fear though that it will feel like forever.

Edited by MangaReader, 16 June 2010 - 05:14 AM.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#75 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 16 2010, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
O_O

DOA!!! You've return after the crazy issues from Tecmo!!! biggrin.gif

You sure you're not just itching to tilt the console so you can peek *ahem* under Ayane and Kasumi's dress?

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#76 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Jun 16 2010, 07:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You sure you're not just itching to tilt the console so you can peek *ahem* under Ayane and Kasumi's dress?

Now why would I do that? I'm just happy to see Kasumi-chan in a fighting game again. (Or this is the Project Code Cronus, because it looks like Raidou, the first boss from DOA1 is alive). The latest game for the series that is out right now is DOA Paradise which is basically an update for DOA Xtreme for the PSP.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#77 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 16 2010, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now why would I do that? I'm just happy to see Kasumi-chan in a fighting game again. (Or this is the Project Code Cronus, because it looks like Raidou, the first boss from DOA1 is alive). The latest game for the series that is out right now is DOA Paradise which is basically an update for DOA Xtreme for the PSP.

*Ahem* The real question is would you if it was available? pictureem0.gif I know I would, some pervertive things just can't be helped. whistling.gif

I'm curious about the 3DS but I sure don't want to pay the same price for the Ocarina omake when I got it on N64.

Edited by Derock, 18 June 2010 - 06:48 AM.

#78 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:16 AM

I will try the Dead or Alive game 4sure! Hope there will be an Animal Crossing game for 3DS, I am a fan of the DS ACWW and I'm still playing it (although I've rebuilt about 15 towns, 7 of them named Konoha... XD)

#79 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:40 AM

I may change my mind and get one but I worry about if they will make slightly better upgrades every so many months like the DS. sleep.gif

#80 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:20 AM

sofa king excite. you have no idea (it's been forever since I last got a handheld). all of my money, nintendo. EXPECT IT.

but GUYS

GUYS GUYS

GUYS

i can't decide.

purple? it's so REGAL AND SEXY. I can play pokemans like ROYALTY OMG

(also i feel like if i licked it, it would taste amazing.)

or

ORANGE. It fits with my many ensembles but so does purple FFFU and it matches my addicting (lolol) usual sunny disposition yunno? ASDKFJL;AFDSA

what color are you guys gettin? biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users