#61 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (Kitten @ Jan 17 2009, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, and my guess about the new jutsu is that Naruto's gotten closer to completely mastering his fuuton rasenshuriken technique.

That was my guess too. I bet he can throw it now.

Edited by Illjwamh, 18 January 2009 - 09:07 AM.

#62 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (Kitten @ Jan 17 2009, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I might be the only person on these forums that wasn't too impressed with the chapter. Feel free to correct me, though.

You aren't. I wasn't either for the same reasons you bring up in your post.

It bothers me that Naruto has been given such an amazing power boost. Don't get me wrong, I like that he's finally getting his first real battle since Part II began, I just don't like the fact that he's been handed power and hasn't so much as broken a sweat since using senjutsu. Wish Sasuke, it was something completely different; Kishimoto set a certain standard that Naruto had to surpass, but, being the unconventional genius of hard work that he is, I would have expected him to go through many more chapters of development and rigorous training. Now, it seems that Kishimoto has taken the cheap and easier way out of ending this manga by simply giving Naruto a bunch of power that he can wield with the simple snap of his fingers. I also don't like how it seems that there are not any kinds of consequences or risks that come from using senjutsu, from what I'm aware (using it excessively tires out the body quickly, or something?), so Naruto has got Sasuke outmatched in terms of newly found powers.

I was very excited, though, to see some SakuTsu love. wow.png

Oh, and my guess about the new jutsu is that Naruto's gotten closer to completely mastering his fuuton rasenshuriken technique.

I pretty much agree. It's not the power, it's the time in which he acquired it that bothered me. He learned Rasengan, RasenShuriken, and Sage mode in a span of about three weeks. He appears to have made more progress in those three weeks than in the three years he was away. It's likely why Kishi even developed the Kage Bushin training method in the first place. And since there is no limitation and no apparent drawback for using it, Kishimoto can keep doing this over and over. I don't see what prevents Kishimoto from turning Naruto into the SuperNaruto in all those fanfics.

Actually, there were risks to developing Sage Mode, but Kishimoto immediately wrote them out with Fukusaku. I never expected Naruto to fall victim to them, but it felt like a cop out that all of them could be corrected so easily by Fukusaku rather than Naruto finding ways to overcome them himself. It killed whatever impact and suspense they might have produced.

I don't think it's just about ending the manga (though that may be part of it). Kishimoto seems to love the dramatic and Naruto needed to be finished to pull this one off. Otherwise, Naruto has to go chase Pain down rather than come in as the hero and punishing Pain for what he's done.

In terms of raw power, yeah he's probably got Sasuke beat. However, as far as I can tell, Naruto's greatest weakness has never been addressed: Genjutsu. I still think Sasuke's greatest weapon on him is Tsukiyomi since Naruto is so weak to Genjutsu and still tends to believe everything he sees.

#63 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:44 PM

I think its throwing RasenShuriken. Think about it: Sage Mode uses chakra from around him. He could let the RasenShuriken Chakra go crazy, and control with not only his Sage Chakra (from all around him), but also with his wind chakra. It would still have the same affect on the cells, but this wouldn't affect Naruto, coz he wouldn't be holding it (or he could just use chakra strings tongue.gif)
. Don't Press the red button

#64 papo

papo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

i wounder when that power itachi gave him will come out?

#65 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (papo @ Jan 18 2009, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i wounder when that power itachi gave him will come out?

I doubt that'll happen now. I think that power was meant to be used when fighting Sasuke.
. Don't Press the red button

#66 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:49 PM

From what I have noticed about battles in Narutoverse, the good guys and bad guys both have ups and downs. Meaning, for the moment Naruto appears to have the upper hand but in the next chapter or two that will most likely transfer to Pain, and Naruto will suddenly be struggling to protect himself or someone else. Just keep in mind all those drawbacks to sage mode and also Pain's abilities because I'm sure they are going to surface soon.
Main reason why I personally don't think Naruto is over-powered is because he still needs the help of some teammates (in this case the frogs) to back him up.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#67 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

OMFG i think i finally found the lupole for the rasenshuriken.

With the fact that Naruto is about to do a shadow clone jutsu and how people keep saying it might be a new rasenshuriken, i began to think. when NARUTO uses the rasenshuriken, his arm becomes prone to chakra severing. However.... If he had a shadow clone perform rasenshuriken with a sage boost, it may divert this problem.

If you think about, shadow clones ARN'T real, thus the potentail damage from the rasenshuriken would be delt to the shadow clone, therefore not injuring the real Naruto. Wether or not other people or Naruto has figured this out, maybe during his training, Naruto thought of this and finally completeing his first S++++++ Attack. eager.gif boogie.gif a_dance.gif

Edited by zman170, 18 January 2009 - 08:52 PM.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#68 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jan 18 2009, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what I have noticed about battles in Narutoverse, the good guys and bad guys both have ups and downs. Meaning, for the moment Naruto appears to have the upper hand but in the next chapter or two that will most likely transfer to Pain, and Naruto will suddenly be struggling to protect himself or someone else. Just keep in mind all those drawbacks to sage mode and also Pain's abilities because I'm sure they are going to surface soon.
Main reason why I personally don't think Naruto is over-powered is because he still needs the help of some teammates (in this case the frogs) to back him up.

It might. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pain pull out something else, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he decided he needed to retreat because he didn't have enough time to adequately recover from the attack he used. I always thought Konan would die before him so I'm not expecting this battle to be conclusive.

Neither Kitten nor I was saying he was overpowered, at least not at this time. Our criticism dealt with the speed of the progress not the amount of power.

#69 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Jan 18 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMFG i think i finally found the lupole for the rasenshuriken.

With the fact that Naruto is about to do a shadow clone jutsu and how people keep saying it might be a new rasenshuriken, i began to think. when NARUTO uses the rasenshuriken, his arm becomes prone to chakra severing. However.... If he had a shadow clone perform rasenshuriken with a sage boost, it may divert this problem.

If you think about, shadow clones ARN'T real, thus the potentail damage from the rasenshuriken would be delt to the shadow clone, therefore not injuring the real Naruto. Wether or not other people or Naruto has figured this out, maybe during his training, Naruto thought of this and finally completeing his first S++++++ Attack. eager.gif boogie.gif a_dance.gif

No.

Shadow Clones/Kage Bunshin pass all experiences and memories on to the user. So if a massive group of clones get hurt, the experience passes on to Naruto's real body.

If you watched the anime episode where Kakashi switched himself with Naruto's shadow clones, and Naruto himself started pummelling himself...

The result was when he dispelled it, he was bruised all over.

#70 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Jan 18 2009, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No.

Shadow Clones/Kage Bunshin pass all experiences and memories on to the user. So if a massive group of clones get hurt, the experience passes on to Naruto's real body.

If you watched the anime episode where Kakashi switched himself with Naruto's shadow clones, and Naruto himself started pummelling himself...

The result was when he dispelled it, he was bruised all over.

1st, you'll have to show this to me because i don't recall ever seeing this in any episode thus far.

2nd, It passes experience and memorys, not pain. Maybe the FEELING of the ingury, but not the ingury itself. Wether or not Kishimoto thought of what you said out of the blue and forgot to apply it to his other instances of Naruto clones getting their @$$'s kicked and the real Naruto just standing there is beyond me, but as far as i know, there is no evidence that inguries occur through shadow clones.

Edited by zman170, 19 January 2009 - 01:37 AM.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#71 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Jan 18 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1st, you'll have to show this to me because i don't recall ever seeing this in any episode thus far.

2nd, It passes experience and memorys, not pain. Maybe the FEELING of the ingury, but not the ingury itself. Wether or not Kishimoto thought of what you said out of the blue and forgot to apply it to his other instances of Naruto clones getting their @$$'s kicked and the real Naruto just standing there is beyond me, but as far as i know, there is no evidence that inguries occur through shadow clones.

Episode 4. First season, I believe.

The survival test they do with Kakashi. You see him injured all over cause his clones were pumelling each other.

#72 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:46 AM

I have to question that, because going by that logic, any clone that was pierced/stabbed/ripped apart/ect. should have passed it on, thus making the real Naruto die.

#73 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:57 AM

Ummmmmmmmmmm................wow....... You do realize they were beating each other up... right? You fail to realize that the release of the shadow clones didn't cause the inguries, but rather the clones stupidity was what caused the inguries. He started attacking himself because he though one of them was Kakashi, then after realizing he was only hurting himself by having his clones hit him, he released the justu. He had the injures before releasing them, not after.

Also, i don't know if you've noticed this, but when a shadow clone recives severe/fatal damage, they vanish. Thus meaning they CAN'T injure Naruto in anyway. You've seen many episodes and chapters where Naruto has his clones get hit and he sits in the backround and watchs (Example: Naruto vs. Neji)

Now back to my theory of the clones using Rasenshuriken. Allthough clones disapear after reciving damage, Naruto didn't acctually recive the damage untill the attack shot Kakazu away from him, not during the acctual impact. By the time the clone disapears, the attack would have already had to be succesfully planted and thus giving the same result as when Naruto had used it for the first time. We already know his clones can use normal and super rasengan's, so why not rasenshurikens?

Edited by zman170, 19 January 2009 - 01:58 AM.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#74 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Jan 18 2009, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ummmmmmmmmmm................wow....... You do realize they were beating each other up... right? You fail to realize that the release of the shadow clones didn't cause the inguries, but rather the clones stupidity was what caused the inguries. He started attacking himself because he though one of them was Kakashi, then after realizing he was only hurting himself by having his clones hit him, he released the justu. He had the injures before releasing them, not after.

Also, i don't know if you've noticed this, but when a shadow clone recives severe/fatal damage, they vanish. Thus meaning they CAN'T injure Naruto in anyway. You've seen many episodes and chapters where Naruto has his clones get hit and he sits in the backround and watchs (Example: Naruto vs. Neji)

Now back to my theory of the clones using Rasenshuriken. Allthough clones disapear after reciving damage, Naruto didn't acctually recive the damage untill the attack shot Kakazu away from him, not during the acctual impact. By the time the clone disapears, the attack would have already had to be succesfully planted and thus giving the same result as when Naruto had used it for the first time. We already know his clones can use normal and super rasengan's, so why not rasenshurikens?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... wow.

Okay. My mistake. Continue with your profound observations. laugh.gif (Not being sarcastic, btw)

Edited by Cloud, 19 January 2009 - 02:02 AM.

#75 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:03 AM

Thankyou i will. laugh.gif
I'd rather sound like a profound know-it-all than a noob who doesn't know what the heck he's talking about. dry.gif

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#76 papo

papo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:15 AM

i hope the new move has nothing to do with rasengan/rasenshiriken with the whole new look and everything i wanna see something new and original not a different version of the same technique

#77 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:18 AM

Well i do think it will be original, but not as original as you may want it to be. Like i had said previously, Naruto's special new jutsu IS going to be a shadow clone jutsu since he had his fingers in the position for the shadow clone jutsu. Also, it had said on the last page of 431 "Waves of Rage" so maybe he will have his clones send out some sort of Sage-chakra wave or something. Whatever his new move will be, i don't think it will be as new and amazing as everyone wants it to be.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#78 darkseraphim100

darkseraphim100

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:01 AM

I gotta say, while the speed at which he obtained all this power isn't overly impressive ( Or is really impressive, depending how you think on it) I just can't help myself. I really do enjoy watching Naruto kick Akatsuki butt.

Aside from that, I don't think Naruto has a shadow clone gathering Nature chakra for him at the moment. I believe he'll only make one to do it once he runs out of Nature Chakra. Of course, I could be wrong tongue.gif

My prediction for the next chapter:

Naruto will go to do his "New Jutsu", and then comically revert back to normal mode. (This kinda thing happens a lot in his fights, thinking back on the Kakazu/Rasenshuriken incident). He'll then spend a bit of time on the defensive while a clone he produces gathers chakra for him. Pain'll probably deduce this, and make the clones his targets, to rob Naruto of his super buff.

#79 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (Auni @ Jan 17 2009, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wish Naruto would have more Rasengan's. Naruto HAS used a bunch of Rasengan's, but only once. Sasuke, on the other hand, has a lot of Chidori's, used more than once.

Chidori
Chidori Nagashi
Chidori Sword
Chidori Beam-thingy

Also, what's the difference between Chidori and Raikiri. I know the meaning is different, but why call it different things. In the Sasuke-Deidara fight, Sasuke used the Chidori Laser, and Deidara said he saw Kakashi use that form of "Raikiri." Then, Sasuke protests that its called Chidori. Also, when DID Kakashi use Raikiri Laser on Deidara...

Also, Naruto's double Rasengan should've had a cool name. "Sage Tech, Giant Rasengan" How 'bout "Sage Style, Double Oodama Rasengan" It DOES show, though, that Naruto can have an Oodama Rasengan supported by ONE CLONE (whereas it took TWO NARUTO'S to handle ONE rasengan before.

Chidori is much less refined and looks like a white-bluish mass of lightning chakra. Raikiri is an enhanced version that's less chaotic and much more controlled. It's more blue than Chidori. I don't really remember, but when Kakashi used Raikiri against Zabuza, I don't think the ground was being split open, unlike Sasuke's Chidori against Gaara where Chidori made cracks on the ground.

#80 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:22 AM

Hmm. I was afraid of this. Kishi kept Naruto so far under the curve for so long that this sudden power boost seems almost ridiculous. Chapters cool and all nonetheless, but I really wish I was wrong when I noticed the distinct possibility of this happening.

Irregardless, it shouldn't have taken this long just to see Naruto get some licks in no matter how you look at it. Oh well. Whatta ya gonna do? I'll take what I can get at this point.
bd5.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users