#61 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (Canadian_DJ @ Nov 7 2012, 05:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif yeah you're right, but maybe if you actually go look back at the history of the previous generations, aka jiraya, nagato, minato and obito maybe you'll see that each generation surpassed the other in an inch...maybe...maybe, but hey! minato surpassed jiraya in becoming hokage getting the girl of his dreams, so yeah those were my two cents biggrin.gif.About the big mistakes, LOL now that would be a disaster!!

True.

Then I guess the new theme should not be "New generation will surpass the old generation," but "The new will succeed where the past have failed."
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#62 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Nov 7 2012, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True.

Then I guess the new theme should not be "New generation will surpass the old generation," but "The new will succeed where the past have failed."

Hmm seemingly, but get this, i could've sworn i read that in the manga somewhere...cuz it rang some bells when i read it, what d'you think?

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#63 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Canadian_DJ @ Nov 8 2012, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm seemingly, but get this, i could've sworn i read that in the manga somewhere...cuz it rang some bells when i read it, what d'you think?

If the manga said this, then the fans have been miss-quoting the manga this entire time and they didn't even realize it.

"New generation will surpass the past generations," is not the same as "The new generation will succeed where the past have failed."

They sound similar, but if you really think about it: The first describes that the newer will always be better, but doesn't allow for the room if the past got to the top and the new failed to reach it. The Second one describes that where the past have failed, the new will succeed. This allows the past to have their own success and not diminish the meaning of the quote itself creating a paradox.

In reality, you could also apply this to the bad guys over the generations, but since the good guys are the one who make note of this, I am going to assume it keeps the bad guys out of it.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#64 Rozette

Rozette

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

..You know, this is an interesting topic. I think that there are diverse meanings embedded within the manga. It's hard to really say one without sounding cliche, haha. (I just wanted to note that I am in no way suggesting that anyone's response to this was cliche)

When I read any form of story, as far as overall meanings and messages go, I like to keep them as deep and personal as they can lie. I love being able to finish a marvelous piece of work with that sorrowful feeling on the inside of it being finished, however having that personal deep rooted meaning as a lasting gift from that marvelous piece of art. I tend to think of the true meaning of a story as something that you have not yet realized in your own life that will hit you at its conclusion.

I think that the themes/messages such as never giving up and never going back on your word are excellent generalized messages that can be applied to everyone, however I think everyone has also been given their own personal meaning from the manga, of course for those who are truly passionate about it. I apologize for not really being able to directly throw in my idea on it, I have not exactly pinpointed it yet, haha.

tumblr_mxbjasXMEh1smr913o2_500.png

There was once a hero who flew too close to the sun.

His wings of wax fell apart and he plummeted to the earth...

#65 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Nov 8 2012, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the manga said this, then the fans have been miss-quoting the manga this entire time and they didn't even realize it.

"New generation will surpass the past generations," is not the same as "The new generation will succeed where the past have failed."

They sound similar, but if you really think about it: The first describes that the newer will always be better, but doesn't allow for the room if the past got to the top and the new failed to reach it. The Second one describes that where the past have failed, the new will succeed. This allows the past to have their own success and not diminish the meaning of the quote itself creating a paradox.

In reality, you could also apply this to the bad guys over the generations, but since the good guys are the one who make note of this, I am going to assume it keeps the bad guys out of it.

This,
you're so right the seconde one definetly's much more suitable!

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#66 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

so except old and new generation what other messages you guys have got.

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#67 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    ect....

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (Kim @ Nov 9 2012, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah he can be harsh sometimes. biggrin.gif

yeha a lot sorry darth. i know that you are not a harash person. and nini you didnt post anything about kishi's messages.

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#68 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

Never give up (a very common theme in shonen manga).

War is Hell (ditto. It has been a very common message all the way from the first Osamu Tezuka's works)

Loneliness is awful.

Never break your promises.

Treasure your friends and be willing fighting for them. But sometimes you have to step back and reflect if it's worth.

People is able fight and kill each other using the most stupid of the excuses.

That is all I can think of for now.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#69 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

Persistence defeats intelligence.

Your best of friends make for the worst of enemies.

Cocaine is one hell of a drug.

#70 GlucoseGlutton

GlucoseGlutton

Professional Trash

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:SakuHina tbh

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Nov 12 2012, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cocaine is one hell of a drug.

But I guess the whole "the newer generation will surpass the older one where it's failed," idea pretty sums up what I think the main theme of Naruto is turned.gif.

- Jiraya didn't do so well in love, and he didn't save his best friend from a life of evil (I feel like there's a third thing but my brain's just going blank on me).

- Obito never got the girl (not to mention the fact that she died shamefulcry0js.gif) and he didn't become Hokage; he pretty much became the main baddy.

- Minato didn't get to defeat Tobi and he never got to spend anytime with his son or raise him.

Though they're just the examples of what could go wrong for our Naru-baby (but hopefully won't th_twitchsmile.gif).

Now if you'll excuse me I have a paper that I really should be working on arg.gif ......

tumblr_mvi3cfp7Sy1rb7h2eo3_500.jpg

#71 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

The seeds of the future lie buried in the past.

If things are looking grim, pull off some strange or undiscovered technique that instantly makes you better than everyone else.

There will always be darkness in light no matter what.

Even the most innocent of people can become corrupted.

Every villain can be redeemed somehow as long as they have the required four to five chapters of flashbacks that explain their childhood and any other detail we didn't know about.

Edited by Toasty Warrior, 14 November 2012 - 10:35 AM.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#72 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

You only need 1 clothes
SK-303_image007.jpg

#73 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
    ect....

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Nov 16 2012, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You only need 1 clothes

haha now thats a message ooh ooh got one dont need to brush.

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#74 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (narulsaku @ Nov 16 2012, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha now thats a message ooh ooh got one dont need to brush.

lol.

"Only use the bathroom once per series yet eat everything in sight."
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#75 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
    ect....

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Nov 17 2012, 02:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol.

"Only use the bathroom once per series yet eat everything in sight."

yeha . always the same dish ramen. i have seen naruto eating ceriel and milk just once. i dont know the spelling of ceriel or ~~~~ ahhhh.

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#76 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

That back stabbing your friends leads to a good drama? 111189.gif

But seriously, I would also say that its about bonds you share and self sacrifice; to do the greater good for all. Even if it is a hard, will-breaking road for you.

Edited by Phantom_999, 20 November 2012 - 04:06 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#77 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

That all women are weaker than most males in the series...

#78 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

womans are supporters.
just look at the formation on the fillersode 290, sakura is behind naruto.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#79 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

Here is one that is kind of on the fence.

No matter how bad you are, if you are best friends with the hero, you will always be forgiven and redeemed. If you are not best friends, then your chances would be 50/50 for forgiveness and redemption, but you have to do something VERY big to show off.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 23 November 2012 - 05:14 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users