• This topic is locked This topic is locked
681 replies to this topic

#61 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

Very possible, though I hope not because that will dash my hopes of getting the Kakashi and Obito fight out of the way quicker.

I'm actually expecting the next volume to focus entirely on Kakashi and Obito.

#62 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

Seems like he's waiting to see what Sasuke is going to do. Well, looks like Sasuke is going for elimination rather than mercy which again, won't gain anything. In fact, I wonder if Kyuubi will get pissed off to the fact he wants Naruto to fight him or he will be pissed himself. That's his freaking friends in there. So yeah, this is the beginning of Team 7 separation once again.

I am actually quite happy with this, I have always wanted the final battle between Naruto and Sasuke to be as "enemies" and this makes it possible again. I was never happy with the "fight over the hokage title" thing.

#63 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

Well, got two chapters left to see what's next. Next chapter will be focusing on these two, so I want to see where this is going. I really hope it's a genjutsu.

#64 Awes9

Awes9

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

Oh God Karin, am I the only one bothered by what she said ? Is Kishimoto even serious ? And what's the point of Suigetsu ? He doesn't serve any purposes.
I knew Oro's redemption was coming but I still can't get over the way it's done, part 1 Oro is long dead.
And please Naruto don't let Sasuke do as he pleases, show some dignity and oppose him for real.
Don't really have much more to say about the chapter, disappointing chapter.

#65 Lalufuffy

Lalufuffy

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Good chapter, but I'd rather see the calm and confident Sakura, like on the last page of 634. 

4_zps876e9045.png

#66 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

If they are still both alive and well, or at least one of them then yeah the next volume will probably be mostly kakashi vs Obito.

I just kind of wanted it to pass quickly because the thing I am most interested in right now is the team 7 struggle.

Oh God Karin, am I the only one bothered by what she said ? Is Kishimoto even serious ? And what's the point of Suigetsu ? He doesn't serve any purposes.

She's a masochist  :hehehe:

Edited by zatheko, 19 June 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#67 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

where is Madara?

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#68 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

WTF did I just read....are you kidding me? 

I seriously hate this manga so much now it kills me on the inside. 

then go read something else

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#69 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

where is Madara?

Still sitting waiting for the real Hashirama.

43iduct.jpg

#70 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

Its not stated anywhere Obito is any good with genjustu so I think Kakashi would  see through anything Obito put out, unless obito used Izanagi.

He's an Uchiha. He's automatically good with genjutsu. :zaru:  But seriously, if he's talented enough with his sharingan to hide specific parts of his body in Kamui before any physical blow lands on him, then he must also know how to use some genjutsu.

#71 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

then go read something else

Whoa that is a little harsh, this is a fellow NaruSaku fan here.

A person can hate a chapter if they want, no reason to shoo them away.

#72 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Oh man. This chapter hit so many points that I wanted hit. 

I think Sai's interpretation of Sakura's response was a little odd. I don't know though. I did not look at the raws, so it could be a translation thing. I've reread several times and I think that he meant that her words were what she sincerely WANTS to feel, but she doesn't feel this way and that's what's making her sad. To extrapolate a little, I think that she feels that she cannot forgive Sasuke like Naruto apparently can. She may also feel as if she has put a burden on Naruto with the promise of a lifetime for no reason. Anyway, I love that Kishi is no longer sidelining her feelings.

Hooray for Tsunade being ok! I think that she will make an awesome comment about Sakura next chapter. The kages will probably have a talk on Gaara's flying sand carpet. (I loved the face panels with Sakura! Parallels!)

I am still not ok with Orochimaru suddenly being 'good,' but maybe he is only collaborating with the alliance because Madara's plan is to destroy everything/control everyone with a genjutsu to which I can't see Orochimaru submitting. He wants to do his crazy research! After the war is over, I'm sure that this will be addressed. I really liked the SuiKa interaction! I miss their fights. 

Even though Obito and Kakashi only got one page, I thought it was really cool and it's a great cliffhanger. I can't wait for next week already! (I may even buy these volumes when they come out. lol)

As for Madara, wtf is he doing? Either he's so overconfident in the incomplete Juubi that he doesn't feel the need to fight, or he is a really fickle guy that is willing to have his plan fail just so that he can have the chance to fight Hashirama. Neither feels right because why would he sit out if he's so powerful?

tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#73 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Oh God Karin, am I the only one bothered by what she said ? Is Kishimoto even serious

I think Kishimoto is using Karin as an anti-Sakura or how some people feel Sakura would or will react to Sasuke so yes he is doing it on purpose

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#74 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

Some discussions I am having on Tumblr...

Sakura never beat up Sasuke.. ever. She talks to him makes him understand through words and love. Naruto is the one that does the beating.
anonymous_avatar_24.gif Anonymous

She engaged him back in part one telling him that at least Naruto is not a coward. She tried to engage him at the middle of part 2 with her own power but Yamato intervened, she tried afterwards for Naruto’s safety. Of course, she couldn’t back then because she still trusted he could be redeemed. But now she sees that Sasuke chose a dark path.

This time, she’s not going to stay on the sidelines, not getting herself in.

I know she still has feelings for him, but don’t underestimate Sakura’s self-awareness in regards to Sasuke’s actions especially when it comes for Naruto’s wellfare cause you might have an unpleasant surprise…

~~~~~~~~~

No offense to SS fans but she’s gonna beat the kitten out of him if he tries something like that… Sakura would NEVER forgive Sasuke for even attempting at Naruto’s life. There are a lot of things between the two that she hasn’t witnessed but she is now and sadly for some, Naruto’s life and wellbeing are far more important for her. Even more important than her own life or feelings for Sasuke, as she already had proven back in the Team 7 reunion arc.

Edited by Chatte, 19 June 2013 - 08:28 AM.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#75 Mistraal

Mistraal

Sakura's Personal Theorycrafter

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:Game Design, Writing, Anime, Tabletop RPGs, Video Games, Nerdity in all forms.

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

Good chapter, but I'd rather see the calm and confident Sakura, like on the last page of 634. 

It's a farce she's putting up so it's a surprise when she SHANARROS HIM IN THE FACE. :argh:

tumblr_mn7ior22z51qgap4ho7_r1_500.png

So THAT'S how it is!!!!

#76 Lalufuffy

Lalufuffy

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

A whole volume? Don't you mean chapter?

4_zps876e9045.png

#77 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

The smile exemplifies Sakura's unwillingness to outwardly convey the wariness she has in her mind and heart regarding Sasuke's presence on the battlefield. Whether she is actually aware of it or not subconciously her feelings for him are being tarnished by the blood he has shed, the devastation he has caused, and the trail of darkness that he leaves behind with his every word as well as aciton. Perhaps it's not just related to Sasuke though. Sakura's protective nature towards Naruto and her desire to see him happy may be what is motivating her to question her "ally's" intentions. Of course, Naruto is also becoming concerned because Sasuke objected his request to extinguish Amaterasu so that he could rescue the 7 bijuu that are inside of the Jubi. Eventually Sasuke's demeanour is going to completely antagonize the two people who "trust" him the most.

On a brighter note, I also enjoyed the banter that went on between Suigetsu, Karin, and Orochimaru. Who knew Orochimaru was capable of such humourous dialogue like that? More and more I'm beginning to think that he may have very well been changed by Sasuke and the Kages. Or perhaps he was misjudged by his colleagues and the village. No... Of course not! Orochimaru still has his own motivations and despite the hilarity of their conversation it was uncomfortably strange for the beloved snake monster to act like that.

I'm shocked to see that Kishi remembered Orochimaru's remark to Hiruzen back in P1 about his dislike for the world being "still". Alongside his motivations about acquiring all knowledge in the world and becoming the next sage his desire to witness the world act about or "move" was a unique motivation that I always felt distinguished Orochimaru from other villains. It's not because he was victimized or that he is aspiring for peace that he fights. He simply enjoys watching conflict occur around him. In a world where many of its characters, including antagonists, are provided with a variety of moral layers that make their intentions and personalities ambiguous having someone act simply for their own gratification is a relief. No one else goes to such lengths or expresses this desire like Orochimaru. All I can say for this is that it was it very good to see Kishi bringing up that second motivation once again. It seems to have progressed to a point where instead of assuming an active role in the creation of this conflict Orochimaru he is choosing to remain back and observe as others dynamically manipulate the world around him. This shifting in his mindset is a product of either the world having the convenient circumstances to entertain Orochimaru without his intervention or it's part of his ulterior motivations.

It's saddening to witness Karin's character plummet like this. Apparently there's a part of herself who enjoyed being impaled by Sasuke. What kind of masochistic lunatic continues to hold feelings or desire for the person who fatally injured and abandoned them to die? Some people will claim that Sakura's character has degenerated over the chapters for continuing to have "feelings" for Sasuke. Well what do they have to say about this? God, the misogynist allegations are actually beginning to sound valid now.

The Kages are on the move now and if zombies' abilities to reach the battlefield over the course of just 3-4 chapters is any indication then they should reach their destination shortly. I wonder where Orochimaru went off to though. I'm skeptical of him actually maintaining his word that he is there to assist the Alliance but where else could he have possibly gone?

The chapter was decent for what it was. Some interesting new developments concerning Sakura's feelings, Sasuke's intentions, and the Kages. Katsuyu's acid is allegedly capable of killing a regenerative monster like Orochimaru! Whether that's actually true or not is unknown but it does contribute more to Katsuyu's status as a boss summoning and Sakura's potential repertoire. Despite everything mentioned above though one of the most important details which I personally was very happy to learn was that Katsuyu and the slugs are in fact from Shikkotsu Forest. This should hopefully provide clarification to anyone who believed that the area was somehow related to crows, monkeys, sentient tree spirits, or Kimimaro's clan (this last one is very odd but it's been suggested in the past).

Edited by Atheck, 19 June 2013 - 08:36 AM.

#78 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

He's an Uchiha. He's automatically good with genjutsu. :zaru:  But seriously, if he's talented enough with his sharingan to hide specific parts of his body in Kamui before any physical blow lands on him, then he must also know how to use some genjutsu.

Yeah "some" genjustu but its prob not strong and its something kakashi can see, the only genjustu he has shown to know is Izanagi, he hasnt been shown to know Tsukuyomi. 

Edited by Kster95, 19 June 2013 - 08:31 AM.

43iduct.jpg

#79 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

It's a farce she's putting up so it's a surprise when she SHANARROS HIM IN THE FACE. :argh:

Oh this would be the greatest thing in the Manga for me, seriously I would give so much to see Sakura do this!

#80 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

I am actually quite happy with this, I have always wanted the final battle between Naruto and Sasuke to be as "enemies" and this makes it possible again. I was never happy with the "fight over the hokage title" thing.

Me too. I like the fact that Sasuke has a mental of end justify the mean, which we believe it doesn't. So this is not going to so good to the point now Shikamaru feels bothered as well. Sakura is hitting that peak that she just can't get that good feeling with Sasuke. This is hurting me because I feel like now it's the time to think over and whether he's hiding or not (yeah he is now), got to let go and help the guy who is doing the right cause (Naruto). Naruto may lose his patience with Sasuke if he keeps acting like that. I'll explain more in the video review.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users