#61 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Apr 6 2011, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Different world/time, however you see it. I mean, some might get married young because they wanted to be official for times when separated and have something nice to go home to (same thing as my Dad and his first wife when he was a Marine) also such a high possiblitity of death they'd wanna hurry up and.. Procreate? XD

Hmmm I guess anything can happen in the world of manga. But if you saying it will parallel Minato and Kushina wouldn't that be comparing Sasuke and Madara? What if Madara dies and Sasuke takes over the mask? Omg that would really make Sasuke pass the point of no return! I would rather see Sasuke trying to protect the both of them(or three of them), his last good deed before dying. Then he'll have 5 pages of "death speech" saying he's sorry but he'll probably still act cool even with his last breath.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 06 April 2011 - 05:02 AM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#62 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:22 AM

wow 5 pages of dying, talk about a slow death I think we have fights in the new arc that last that long tongue.gif.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#63 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:32 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Apr 6 2011, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Different world/time, however you see it. I mean, some might get married young because they wanted to be official for times when separated and have something nice to go home to (same thing as my Dad and his first wife when he was a Marine) also such a high possiblitity of death they'd wanna hurry up and.. Procreate? XD

Yeah, and in Naruto's world adulthood comes earlier- reflecting Japanese culture when it still was a warrior based one- adulthood for boys and girls was right around 15, it was sort of a junior adulthood, but one could get married and start a family around then, full adulthood coming around 18. Chiyo and Tsume were around 17 (Chiyo may have even been 16, and at max 18 when Sasori's father was born) when they had their first (and only for Chiyo) child. Tsume was 4 months from her 18th birthday when Hana was born, meaning she was 16 when she conceived her. Sakura is actually 17 now, it's spring so she's just turned 17. Even up to the 1990's 16 year olds could marry in Japan. (It's not that distant in the past in the US either- my maternal grandmother eloped at 16 years old in 1932, and even now 16 year old can marry in some states with parental consent. Western culture thought of 16 year olds as junior adults who could marry, start a family and even own property at the start of the 20th century, there's residuals of this in the age one can work full time and drive a car. Our concept of the later teen years as part of childhood didn't emerge until just before WWII. My parents generation (people now in their mid-late 70's) was the first generation to grow up that way. In Japan that concept didn't begin to take hold until the US occupation of Japan (1945-52) and wasn't really fully a part of the culture until the early 1960's. Kishimoto's parents would have grown up during that time, so like me, it's possible to somewhat see both concepts of adulthood because our grandparents lived their young adult years in early transitional period.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#64 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Apr 6 2011, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was thinking about last weeks chapter and how yet again Kishimoto emphasized Naruto's generation are adults now, and even made blatant references to them getting married and having kids of their own. He uses Chouji but I'm feeling more strongly than ever he's laying the groundwork for Naruto and Sakura getting together and having a baby pretty soon- Chouji even says something about "not everyone gets married at a young age"- meaning he and Ino won't right away(he has to call up the courage to ask her out to start with!)- but someone will of that generation, and Naruto and Sakura are the most likely choice. I think Sakura will have her heroic moment in this arc, then soon after she and Naruto will get together. I have a strong feeling that Sakura will either be pregnant or have a newborn when Naruto and Sasuke have that big last battle- paralleling a bit to Minato and Kushina the night Naruto was born.

Nope, I disagree. If anything, the one who has the most possibly getting that to happen would be ShikaTema. If Kishi wanted a parallel to that kind of scenario, it would probably be Shikamaru & Temari whose situation would parallel AsuKure. And most of all, I can't wait to see her brothers' faces when they find out she's been knocked up. Besides, looking from the spoilers from today, Shikamaru didn't do much. It's likely he'll be playing a huge role in the final battle. And I don't get how that scenario parallels MinaKushi.

Edited by Codus N, 06 April 2011 - 03:32 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#65 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

tbh I do see the parallell => the father going off to a big fight leaving the weakened mother and newborn in a place considered safe

#66 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

do ppl think that naruto is going to have a part 3? cause i can only imagine a time skip, when all this war is over and everyone is grown and happy. not a whole new season. the baby can come in quick time-skip right before naruto ends.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#67 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Apr 7 2011, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do ppl think that naruto is going to have a part 3? cause i can only imagine a time skip, when all this war is over and everyone is grown and happy. not a whole new season. the baby can come in quick time-skip right before naruto ends.

If I'm not wrong Kishimoto said in an interview there will be an epilogue arc so I guess it could be another timeskip showing Naruto being an older Hokage and other issues resolved.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#68 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Apr 6 2011, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I'm not wrong Kishimoto said in an interview there will be an epilogue arc so I guess it could be another timeskip showing Naruto being an older Hokage and other issues resolved.

I hope so! It would be rather hard to cram all that he needs to show into the typical last chapter epilogue time skip. I'd be thrilled if he did a nice short epilogue timeskip arc, say 10 chapters- the whole last volume. I think he could get it across in 170 pages- although I'd be even happier if it was a fairly standard shorter arc of 30 chapters. 510 pages would give him enough time to really explore how things have radically changed, and we'd get to know how they are as parents and what their kids are like too.

Edited by ciardha, 07 April 2011 - 05:30 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#69 Torxe

Torxe

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:31 AM

Kind of hoping it would be smthng involving the land of waves for me that's kind of where the story began

#70 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:24 AM

Hi! new member here! I Personally say three kids One son and twin daughters The son looks like Naruto without the whiskers and has green eyes and the Daughters look like Sakura One Has blue eyes and one has green =D

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users