91 replies to this topic

#61 Tha#1Stunna

Tha#1Stunna

NaruHina Roxx

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:59 AM

I hope you mods decide to re-open the LC...I mean sure, there are the occasional arguements here and there, and what took place yesterday was very disrespectful and I feel the person who started it shoul receive punishment, but I don't think the LC should be permanently closed. As people previously suggested, you could add more mods to your council. (I volunteer, BTW XD) But another suggestion is to get people who are on different time zones, therefore there can be a mod in the LC as often as possible. Here are some ppl I would personally reccomend for Mod-Status:

Historic
Bassclef
RandomNobody AkA RamenMan2
SirDragon13
Yoko
Tha#1Stunna
JoHamSandwich
Danni
GoneKr@zy
MelisaArtemis

...And that's about it. I've never seen any of those people in an arguement...excluding myself (Once with Aethos...he was calling me ignorant and narrow-minded >.<) and Yoko...yesterday...(Dont wanna say his name) provoked her...and then went on to say the disrespectful things he did to a Kage. That's just my opinion, the real desicion is up to the council and whether or not they decide to take our advice or not...

#62 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (Tha#1Stunna @ Mar 19 2007, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope you mods decide to re-open the LC...I mean sure, there are the occasional arguements here and there, and what took place yesterday was very disrespectful and I feel the person who started it shoul receive punishment, but I don't think the LC should be permanently closed. As people previously suggested, you could add more mods to your council. (I volunteer, BTW XD) But another suggestion is to get people who are on different time zones, therefore there can be a mod in the LC as often as possible. Here are some ppl I would personally reccomend for Mod-Status:

Historic
Bassclef
RandomNobody AkA RamenMan2
SirDragon13
Yoko
Tha#1Stunna
JoHamSandwich
Danni
GoneKr@zy
MelisaArtemis

...And that's about it. I've never seen any of those people in an arguement...excluding myself (Once with Aethos...he was calling me ignorant and narrow-minded >.<) and Yoko...yesterday...(Dont wanna say his name) provoked her...and then went on to say the disrespectful things he did to a Kage. That's just my opinion, the real desicion is up to the council and whether or not they decide to take our advice or not...

He means me, and what Yoko said was equally as "provoking" above that.. Neither what Yoko or I said included any cursing or was taken seriously. BEYOND that...and to my Defense, Sakura and I spoke about it, and It's not a big deal. Also nothing I said to her would be deemed "Disrespectful".

Furthermore, nominationg people without a long time presence in the forum is a bad Idea.

#63 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:09 AM

We already have enough moderators, there are just to few that are active. Its not like this place is really that moderator driven. No offence but this place is hardly anything compared to a place like NarutoFan, and they usually only have 2-3 moderators on at all times. Some moderators here have become a little too inactive, I personally would like to see actions taken by the admins towards this but I cannot make the desicion on my own accord. The point is there should be more then enough Moderators on to moderate this forum and its live chat, I'm not asking them to be there every second but again, I suggest the report system. Besides that if all the moderators were indeed active I feel that we would have enough to have a "titled member" their almost every moment of the day.

I think the problem lies in the lack of moderators activity and people not taking charge of a situation when it is needed. It may be a one time thing. I will pull away from the latter, a little bit though as I we can't expect this from everyone, though I still find the lack of it astounding.

Edit: I do not blame the inactive moderators as life comes before a forum but it is nonetheless a point a feel is true.

#64 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:13 AM

bassclef, the reason I didn't include you on the list is actually quite simple. I don't really know you well enough that I would feel I would be able to pass fair judgement on your abilities. I apologize if I made you feel left out or something.

ForgottenBushido, you have a point there. However, that's why we have other IMs like Yahoo, Trillian, MSN, AOL, et cetera. The H&E Live Chat is not supposed to be a cess pool of anarchy. I also fully agree with you on the 'gentleman/gentlelady' thing.

QUOTE (ForgottenBushido @ Mar 20 2007, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Furthermore, nominationg people without a long time presence in the forum is a bad Idea.

TBH, that's actually the main reason I didn't include myself on my own list. Though, I'll be more than willing to use the experience I've garnered over the years to help the H&E staff as much as I can wherever I can.
"What use is a word with but one meaning?"

#65 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (Historic @ Mar 20 2007, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We already have enough moderators, there are just to few that are active. Its not like this place is really that moderator driven. No offence but this place is hardly anything compared to a place like NarutoFan, and they usually only have 2-3 moderators on at all times. Some moderators here have become a little too inactive, I personally would like to see actions taken by the admins towards this but I cannot make the desicion on my own accord. The point is there should be more then enough Moderators on to moderate this forum and its live chat, I'm not asking them to be there every second but again, I suggest the report system. Besides that if all the moderators were indeed active I feel that we would have enough to have a "titled member" their almost every moment of the day.

I think the problem lies in the lack of moderators activity and people not taking charge of a situation when it is needed. It may be a one time thing. I will pull away from the latter, a little bit though as I we can't expect this from everyone, though I still find the lack of it astounding.

I agree with you there, Historic. Though the Heaven & Earth forums have enough mods., we are not like NarutoFan when we expect over a billion people on the forums and on the LC everyday. I also agree with the reporting system as well.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#66 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:27 AM

Even though we have a couple of 'dead' forum moderators... we got Saku-bee, Shriny, Nick S., and krisk to 'terrorize' the boards. XDD!

As far as LC goes though, we only got Shriner to cover on weeknights (you damn bat XD). On weekends, we got saku-b and krisk to help him out, so I think we're okay on LC mods, weekend/holiday-wise.

So I suggest we have 1 or 2 live-chat only moderators to help Shriner regulate on the weekdays. XD

#67 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (Historic @ Mar 20 2007, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edit: I do not blame the inactive moderators as life comes before a forum but it is nonetheless a point a feel is true.

NarutoFan doesn't demote their inactive mods either. They just aren't listed on the bottom of the page, but they retain mod powers (assuming that they don't actually resign). I'm not sure how to do that with our system though.

And you're right, we aren't like NarutoForums. It's a conscious decision on our parts to not be the same. What's necessary or BMP on a forum with 90,000 members isn't necessarily the same on a forum with 2,000 members. We prefer the smaller, cozier atmosphere and have tried to keep it, sometimes unsuccessfully as the current problem attests.

Not quite sure what you mean about the lack of mods present at NF though. Over the last few years (with exception for the really slow times), I've almost never seen fewer than a half a dozen mods online at NF.

#68 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:35 AM

The decision on the continued existence of the chatroom has been made.

It will be re-opened later on today.

No cheering yet.

There will be certain restrictions put into place, and we (the Admins and Mods) will no longer be as 'soft' as we have been in the past...we all see where that has gotten us.

That being said YOU all also have to take some responsibility for this mess that has been made. WE are not your babysitters. You should all be able to govern yourselves without resorting to petty fights and arguments, which is what got the chatroom shutdown in the first place.

We're all supposed to be a community of friends here...friends who are like family in many cases. The discord and unpleasantness that has been happening in the chatroom over the last couple of months needs to stop...no...it will stop because you are all old enough, and smart enough to know when things are getting out of control, and to stop it yourself without having someone else do it for you.

But just in case you truly don't know how to govern your own words and actions, rest assured that we (the Admins and Mods) will no longer let things slide. We will come down hard and fast on those who do not heed the warnings. Whether that means you are either Silenced, or Banned outright from the room, is entirely up to you.

You are not babies...and we are not babysitters.

We'll do our part to ensure that the chatroom is a welcoming, safe, and friendly place for all to come and enjoy themselves...and you all do your parts to ensure that we don't have any other job to do except to laugh, joke, and have fun with you all happy.gif

Thank you.

#69 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Mar 19 2007, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NarutoFan doesn't demote their inactive mods either. They just aren't listed on the bottom of the page, but they retain mod powers (assuming that they don't actually resign). I'm not sure how to do that with our system though.

And you're right, we aren't like NarutoForums. It's a conscious decision on our parts to not be the same. What's necessary or BMP on a forum with 90,000 members isn't necessarily the same on a forum with 2,000 members. We prefer the smaller, cozier atmosphere and have tried to keep it, sometimes unsuccessfully as the current problem attests.

Not quite sure what you mean about the lack of mods present at NF though. Over the last few years (with exception for the really slow times), I've almost never seen fewer than a half a dozen mods online at NF.

NarutoFan was nothing but a example for comparison. All I was saying is NarutoFan doesn't need so many mods compared to its larger populace. Why do we need more mods? We have more then enough for this forum, just a lot of them are inactive.

By the way, I had little knowledge of NFs system(NF was just a familar name to you, I'm actually speaking about a different forum), nor does it really matter as they have a much different forum then we do, but I now think they should demote they're inactive mods. Obviously after they've spoken to them, as we should.

Ironic, how some of them have been coming on as a I say this, still this is not enough. Again, I say its not there fault but it needs to be seen to.

Edit: As to what Sakura has said, I feel it is the correct decision and that indeed the moderators should take harsher action. Well done.

#70 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:41 AM

NarutoFan....Rules.....LOL

They practically let anything happen there. You see people insult each other constantly in the Konoha's Library subboard, and that's just one board!

Yeah, NF has some really lax rules. They don't need many moderators.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#71 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 19 2007, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No cheering yet.

There will be certain restrictions put into place, and we (the Admins and Mods) will no longer be as 'soft' as we have been in the past...we all see where that has gotten us.

That being said YOU all also have to take some responsibility for this mess that has been made. WE are not your babysitters. You should all be able to govern yourselves without resorting to petty fights and arguments, which is what got the chatroom shutdown in the first place.

We're all supposed to be a community of friends here...friends who are like family in many cases. The discord and unpleasantness that has been happening in the chatroom over the last couple of months needs to stop...no...it will stop because you are all old enough, and smart enough to know when things are going too far out of control, and to stop it yourself without having someone else do it for you.

But just in case you truly don't know how to govern your own words and actions, rest assured that we (Admins and Mods) will no longer be considered as being too 'soft'. We will come down hard and fast on those who do not heed the warnings. Whether that means you are either Silenced or Banned outright from the room, is entirely up to you.

We'll do our part to ensure that the chatroom is a welcoming, safe, and friendly place for all to come and enjoy themselves...and you all do your parts to ensure that we don't have any other job to do except to laugh, joke, and have fun with you all happy.gif

...you almost made me pee in my pants, Shauna. DDX! I'll remember to not make you, or the other mods mad...D=

Anyway, guys, let's mature up and be less emo-ish in LC okay? XD

#72 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. &gt;:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 20 2007, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No cheering yet.

We're all supposed to be a community of friends here...friends who are like family in many cases. The discord and unpleasantness that has been happening in the chatroom over the last couple of months needs to stop...no...it will stop because you are all old enough, and smart enough to know when things are getting out of control, and to stop it yourself without having someone else do it for you.

But just in case you truly don't know how to govern your own words and actions, rest assured that we (the Admins and Mods) will no longer let things go as they have been. We will come down hard and fast on those who do not heed the warnings. Whether that means you are either Silenced or Banned outright from the room, is entirely up to you.

Here here! I agree. This is what I wanted to see. Definite action done to those who break the rules. Certainly.

#73 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:47 AM

*Bows head in acknowledgement of the ruling.*

Fair is fair.

#74 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:50 AM

Everyone is kissing Sakura left to right but to tell you all the truth...This is common sence not only should you guys say she is correct, but say something like "I will make an improvement on myself." Something like this shouldnt have happened in the first place.

#75 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE (StarlightAngel @ Mar 19 2007, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everyone is kissing Sakura left to right but to tell you all the truth...This is common sence not only should you guys say she is correct, but say that I will make a improvement in myself. Something like this shouldnt have happened in the first place.

I agree here, it really shouldn't of happened, but the moderators could of done anything the liked with the LC at that point and even now, our "thanks" go to them for no doing away with it.

#76 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE (Historic @ Mar 20 2007, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree here, it really shouldn't of happened, but the moderators could of done anything the liked with the LC at that point and even now, our "thanks" go to them for no doing away with it.

I think, It goes without saying. I don't need to preface how I feel. Or what should or shouldn't be said. I have already made my thoughts clear. I won't repeat myself again.

#77 Abel Nightroad

Abel Nightroad

The Phoenix Nin

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:05 AM

I believe you have made the point loud and clear, guys. For now, lets just be thankful for small favors with the reopening of the LC, alright? While I admit that I agree if we don't learn from the past we could make similar mistakes, but do we really need to repeat ourselves on that? As the saying goes, if you are given eggs, then make an omlette. IMO, the individual members of H&E are the eggs and the H&E community is the omlette (a rather nice metaphor I just came up with on the spot, if I do say so myself). IMO, the decision and accompioning rules will help keep any eggshells (aka, flamers, trollers, et cetera) from becoming part of the omlette.

And, now as its 2am, I'm off to bed. As such, I'll leave my metaphor for you to ponder over until I return.

Lol, that sounded so serious (and kind of out of character for me) that I had to grin.

#78 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,843 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (Abel Nightroad @ Mar 20 2007, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe you have made the point loud and clear, guys. For now, lets just be thankful for small favors with the reopening of the LC, alright? While I admit that I agree if we don't learn from the past we could make similar mistakes, but do we really need to repeat ourselves on that? As the saying goes, if you are given eggs, then make an omlette. IMO, the individual members of H&E are the eggs and the H&E community is the omlette (a rather nice metaphor I just came up with on the spot, if I do say so myself). IMO, the decision and accompioning rules will help keep any eggshells (aka, flamers, trollers, et cetera) from becoming part of the omlette.

And, now as its 2am, I'm off to bed. As such, I'll leave my metaphor for you to ponder over until I return.

Lol, that sounded so serious (and kind of out of character for me) that I had to grin.

Nice metaphor laugh.gif

2am... Gotta go, bedtime, have to go to work....

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#79 Fruits Basket Fan

Fruits Basket Fan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:49 AM

Someone please tell me where I can find this live chat place, please! I am new, so I do not know where everything is! So, anyone, please tell me! Thank you! th_glomp.gif

P.S. I know it is close right now, but I would like to know for future reference, please.

#80 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:25 AM

There's a link to it on the top of the page, just below the title (but on the right side) along with links to the Gallery, Library, and other stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users