65 replies to this topic

#61 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:55 PM

think upon it... in the real life, each of us are a silver medal of someone else ;) well, not everyone everyone really, but pretty almost...

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#62 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:09 PM

Again you're not understanding the point of it. Its not literally making it a competition the "silver medal" is a metaphor....because alot of people will say that she still wants to be with Sasuke but is settling for Naruto.

No, Pepsi. The fact that you bring up this idea that Naruto is a "silver medal" is automatically making it a competition right off the bat. "You can't label silence without destroying it first." If you even have to label it a silver medal at all automatically makes it a competition. No "ifs" or "buts" on this. I don't care what other people think. Love is not so simple to label it as such and remember that you don't jsut be with someone because you have to be or because "it is your only option." An option to be alone is also viable, so don;t think that you HAVE to be with someone. If Sakura ends up with Naruto it is because she chose him to be that best. She is not forced into a relationship with him so no "silver medal" literal or metaphorical exists.

That's the problem. Too many fandoms are seeing this as a competition rather than "Who makes who the happiest." Instead of seeing people say "Yeah, if she chooses Naruto, then she truly loves him," they want to say "She only got with him because of Sasuke." I'm sorry. You can tell yourself whatever you want, but it is as simple people seeing this as a competition. The moment you start to see this as such in what ever shape or form...you miss the point of love entirely.

You be with someone cause they love you and you love them. Even if they are not your first, doesn't mean they are any lesser of a person or you don't love them at all. That's what you are implying heavily is that Sakura just gets with Naruto, NOT because she loves him, but because she rather be with Naruto than be alone. I rather not have NS based off that and NS isn't based off that. She cares for him...so he is no silver medal or some booby prize or second banana or whatever people say. Naruto will be the one she loves the most and makes her the happiest. That's it.

think upon it... in the real life, each of us are a silver medal of someone else ;) well, not everyone everyone really, but pretty almost...

Not really. In fact, if you are in a great relationship and are happy, then you are a gold medal. If the first love makes you miserable, how can the second person be the silver medal? That makes no sense. If that is the case, then why not give silver medals to people in first place?

Edited by James S Cassidy, 07 October 2014 - 05:14 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#63 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,987 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:11 PM

Like I said, if the only way you see love is by a competition of "who she picks first", then you miss the point of love entirely.

Nah I don't see it as a competition. I'm just saying that because the whole Sakura can't stop loving Sasuke thing makes it hard to convince many fans that She loves Naruto as much if not more than Sasuke. It would seem like choosing Naruto is a  choice of logic in that he's not so cold blooded, rather than emotions, and the emotional aspect is that she can't bring her self to be with a criminal, or someone so devoid of other's feeling. It's only because he's is making suc a big deal out of Sakura's love for Sasuke while leaving what she feels for NAruto on such an ambiguous note that this ilittle problem arises, especially for cynical people. Just saying that Kishi has ALOT of work to do if He wants to convince fans (never mind those that don't ship NS) that Sakura is genuinely in love with Naruto, and not for the reasons that I stated many will assume above, since he did not resolve it before this. 

And On the topic of "missing the point of love" I'd say, whether it's intentional or not Kishi has skewered Naruto and Sakura's love for Sasuke into some unhealthy obsession. It's they kind of Need Sasuke to go back with them and go back to old them 7 and be all buddy buddy again. It's like if they don't have him back then they can never be happy, and need him there with them even if they have to drag him back kicking and screaming. This in contrast to the way Itachi told Sasuke he will always have his big Brother's love, regardless of the choices he makes. That's what I call true love. Not that I want Naruto and Sakura to give up on Sasuke, but at least have them understand that what they share won't be broken just cause Sasuke doesn't want to be involved with them anymore, and to accept Sasuke's choices, even if they don't like said choices and resolve to stop him if he's gonna  off genuinely good people and cause destruction and discord for the sake of his own "justice".

Instead, Kishi reduced Sakura to a puddle of tears pleading, for Sasuke to come back and Naruto still going on about the promise as if he forgot that that saving Sasuke does not mean bringing him home. Now while Sakura is meant to show the emotional and human aspect of the series, seeing such and strong and independent girl, crying and begging just saddens me. I'm not holding her to any standard but I love strong and independent characters, male or female, and they can have an emotional and tender side, but what gets me is why she is so broken about an infatuation at best.

Sure she spent time with Sasuke but did  he ever really talk about him self or open up to her. Little to none if I recall ( and the little refers to when he left). He only told her about his revenge and for her to butt out of his business plus the fact that she isn't worth saving if she isn't useful thing that he shows on occasion. This in heavy contrast to Naruto who emotionally supports her, sees her as strong, and would accept her help any time, also would go through hell and back to save her and you wonder why Kishi wouldn't show any undebatable proof of what she feels for him even up till now. It's kind of upsetting honestly, and also why there was such a fuss with in the fandom.   

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 October 2014 - 05:16 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#64 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:17 PM

Nah I don't see it as a competition. I'm just saying that because the whole Sakura can't stop loving Sasuke thing makes it hard to convince many fans that She loves Naruto as much if not more than Sasuke. It would seem like choosing Naruto is a  choice of logic in that he's not so cold blooded, rather than emotions, and the emotional aspect is that she can't bring her self to be with a criminal, or someone so devoid of other's feeling. It's only because he's is making suc a big deal out of Sakura's love for Sasuke while leaving what she feels for NAruto on such an ambiguous note that this ilittle problem arises, especially for cynical people. Just saying that Kishi has ALOT of work to do if He wants to convince fans (never mind those that don't ship NS) that Sakura is genuinely in love with Naruto, and not for the reasons that I stated many will assume above, since he did not resolve it before this. 

And On the topic of "missing the point of love" I'd say, whether it's intentional or not Kishi has skewered Naruto and Sakura's love for Sasuke into some unhealthy obsession. It's they kind of Need Sasuke to go back with them and go back to old them 7 and be all buddy buddy again. It's like if they don't have him back then they can never be happy, and need him there with them even if they have to drag him back kicking and screaming. This in contrast to the way Itachi told Sasuke he will always have his big Brother's love, regardless of the choices he makes. That's what I call true love. Not that I want Naruto and Sakura to give up on Sasuke, but at least have them understand that what they share won't be broken just cause Sasuke doesn't wan to involved with them anymore, and to accept Sasuke's choices, even if they don't like said choices and resolve to stop him if he's gonna  off genuinely good people and cause destruction and discord for the sake of his own "justice".

Instead, he reduced Sakura to a puddle of tears pleading for Sasuke to come back and Naruto still going on about the promise even  as if he forgot that that Saving Sasuke does not mean bringing him home. Now while Sakura is meant to show the emotional and human aspect of the series, seeing such and strong and independent girl, crying and begging just saddens me. I'm not holding her to any standard but I love strong and independent characters, male of female, and they can have an emotional and tender side, but what gets me is why she is so broken about a crush at best.

Sure she spent time with Sasuke but did  he ever really talk about him self or open up to her. Little to none if I recall ( and the little refers to when he left). He only told her about his revenge and for her to butt out of his business plus the fact that she isn't worth saving if she isn't useful thing that he shows on occasion. This in heavy contrast to Naruto who emotionally supports her, sees her as strong, and would accept her help any time, also would go through hell and back to save her and you wonder why she wouldn't show any undabateable proof of what she feels for him. It's kind of upsetting honestly, and also why there was such a fuss with in the fandom.   

If we are to really go by this logic though...then even Sakura is a silver medal to Naruto because his first love is for Sasuke. If basing this off emotions alone and what "comes first" then Sasuke is always the gold medal to both Sakura and Naruto. Sakura would be the silver medal to Naruto and Hinata would be the bronze medal if NH were to come to pass. (Likewise, Sakura would be Sasuke silver medal I guess.)

I am not sure if this is Kishi's fault or our own for reducing it down to this. Emotions are a complicated thing and to label so easily is....cringy. It is insulting to base everything on a list of what comes first to what comes last because if that is the case than everyone comes in last place because people are always going to see something more important from time to time. What if someone puts their job above others? Religion? Honor?

We can't see this as a competition because it is too complicated and too multidimensional. People are so quick to just over simplify it so much that I question whether people ever truly love at all.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 07 October 2014 - 05:27 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#65 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 08 October 2014 - 01:49 AM

If we are to really go by this logic though...then even Sakura is a silver medal to Naruto because his first love is for Sasuke. If basing this off emotions alone and what "comes first" then Sasuke is always the gold medal to both Sakura and Naruto. Sakura would be the silver medal to Naruto and Hinata would be the bronze medal if NH were to come to pass. (Likewise, Sakura would be Sasuke silver medal I guess.)

I am not sure if this is Kishi's fault or our own for reducing it down to this. Emotions are a complicated thing and to label so easily is....cringy. It is insulting to base everything on a list of what comes first to what comes last because if that is the case than everyone comes in last place because people are always going to see something more important from time to time. What if someone puts their job above others? Religion? Honor?

We can't see this as a competition because it is too complicated and too multidimensional. People are so quick to just over simplify it so much that I question whether people ever truly love at all.

Yes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users