228 replies to this topic

#61 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:18 AM

I've never really understood why interviews for long running series like this seem to get some folks frantic. Writers of comics- be it Japanese or English - are often masters of giving the illusion of new information while really saying very little. It doesn't help when they're translated from the native language, often by folks without enough experience to make them accurate. It's just the nature of the interview; hell, the same goes for staff of a television show.

I can only think of a couple writers off hand that give candid interviews and aren't afraid of giving more info than most would.

Same really goes for this. How much did we really learn that we didn't already know? We knew Sakura was the heroine and was looking to step up. It kind of goes without saying that the outcome of the fight with Danzo would have some impact on how Sasuke is viewed. Most I can really see is that Kakashi is supposed to have some sort of spotlight, which could mean anything; I remembered Kishi mentioned a Sakura arc, but that didn't exactly play out how folks expected in regards to a rigid "arc".

Oh, and that Kishi didn't want to get into Shikamaru's love life, but there was really little chance he would be doing any romances outside of the main trinity anyways.

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Dec 20 2009, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Might be a little to worry about for the future of the manga as a whole, though. But this entire arc has had me feeling like that. And not because of pairings(very slightly because of them).

I was worried at one point, but I kind of gave up a while back. This arc wasn't the catalyst for me, personally. At this point I just have what keeps me checking up on the manga and roll with it as best I can, though I do get fairly irritated with several of the choices made. What's gonna happen is what's gonna happen.

Long story short, I wouldn't worry too much about the future of the manga. It's long since passed the point in quality where it could ever be thought of as a classic or a masterpiece. Just relax and watch.

Of course, I may just be too detached from the manga at this point, but I just don't see much use in worrying.

Edited by dl316bh, 21 December 2009 - 08:20 AM.

bd5.jpg

#62 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 08:43 AM

New Naruto Movie in Summer 2010 --Click here to view--

Edited by Uzumakikage, 21 December 2009 - 08:54 AM.

#63 Chesh

Chesh

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Dec 21 2009, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New Naruto Movie in Summer 2010 --Click here to view--

Another Movie?? Wow i still aint seen the last one.

Well if Sakura is said to be the Heroine and Sasuke is said to be more evil then surely Sakura as the "Heroine" will go with the good guy i mean come on where have you seen the Heroine actually go with the bad guy at the end.
I'm making perfect sense your just not keeping up

#64 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:53 PM

Personally I trust more the SJ American interviews because they are translated by professional translators whereas this interview has been translated by an anonymous fan. I have no guarantee of this person understands Japanese language in depth or he/she isn't purposely altering the translation.

Well if Sakura is said to be the Heroine and Sasuke is said to be more evil then surely Sakura as the "Heroine" will go with the good guy i mean come on where have you seen the Heroine actually go with the bad guy at the end.

Actually... If I remember Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory correctly...

Then again, maybe I misinterpreted that scene. Anyway, that OVAs series had NO a happy end.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#65 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Dec 21 2009, 02:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never really understood why interviews for long running series like this seem to get some folks frantic. Writers of comics- be it Japanese or English - are often masters of giving the illusion of new information while really saying very little. It doesn't help when they're translated from the native language, often by folks without enough experience to make them accurate. It's just the nature of the interview; hell, the same goes for staff of a television show.

I can only think of a couple writers off hand that give candid interviews and aren't afraid of giving more info than most would.

Same really goes for this. How much did we really learn that we didn't already know? We knew Sakura was the heroine and was looking to step up. It kind of goes without saying that the outcome of the fight with Danzo would have some impact on how Sasuke is viewed. Most I can really see is that Kakashi is supposed to have some sort of spotlight, which could mean anything; I remembered Kishi mentioned a Sakura arc, but that didn't exactly play out how folks expected in regards to a rigid "arc".

Oh, and that Kishi didn't want to get into Shikamaru's love life, but there was really little chance he would be doing any romances outside of the main trinity anyways.

I was worried at one point, but I kind of gave up a while back. This arc wasn't the catalyst for me, personally. At this point I just have what keeps me checking up on the manga and roll with it as best I can, though I do get fairly irritated with several of the choices made. What's gonna happen is what's gonna happen.

Long story short, I wouldn't worry too much about the future of the manga. It's long since passed the point in quality where it could ever be thought of as a classic or a masterpiece. Just relax and watch.

Of course, I may just be too detached from the manga at this point, but I just don't see much use in worrying.

Agreed. I've read this and, honestly, what is in that interview that we didn't already know from the manga itself?

It's pretty much par for the course of his interviews. We got very little information and nothing truly concrete about what will happen. Just vague, fairly open ended stuff.

Why would he give anything away?

EDIT: The text about Sakura being a Herione, seems to be using it two different respects. Herione as in her role in the story and herione as to whether she has done anything truly heroic. Two entirely different meanings.

#66 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:19 PM

Wow, so both the naruto and bleach movies hold major spoilers for anime-only people fu.png

I suppose I don't put much trust in this interview, at least as far as the future plans. We were supposed to have a year of Kakashi and Sakura like two years ago, and it never happened. Instead we got a lot of Sasuke, and are still getting a lot of Sasuke, with more to come (including Taka). Oddly, I believe the part of the interview that says more Sasuke to come emoticon_monocle.gif I feel bad for the other rookies who are constantly down-played in favor of a hyped Shikamaru. I used to really like him, but he receives more attention than I think he should get (sort of like Hitsugaya from bleach, but less popular). I don't see why Shikamaru would be closer to Naruto than Gaara or Sakura...or Sai even :/ In fact, out of all three, Sai is the one telling Naruto the blunt truth. But Kishi loves Shika...and yet Shika gets no love from Temari? pictureem0.gif If Sakura becoming more of a heroine is Kishi's way of saying she won't look like a liar or be confused about her autumn skies emotions, then, I'll take it.

#67 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:16 AM

I wonder, Kishi says that if Naruto and Sasuke fight, then it will be the last thing in the manga... Why would he spoil something like that??? I mean, I was believing Madara was the biggest threat but that kinda makes me believe Sasuke will be a bigger threat than Madara, dang, I don't understand why he would spoil like that, or maybe he just said that to throw us off trail.

Kishi wouldn't lie to us.............................would he?

#68 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:50 AM

I wonder, Kishi says that if Naruto and Sasuke fight, then it will be the last thing in the manga... Why would he spoil something like that???

You can honestly say you didn't see it coming?

As a matter of fact, I'd be surprised if it didn't happen.

#69 Evil Potato

Evil Potato

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (Froot @ Dec 21 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can honestly say you didn't see it coming?

As a matter of fact, I'd be surprised if it didn't happen.

Yeah I guess, I was just hoping that in the end, there would be a bigger issue than Sasuke, and I thought that Madara taking over and becoming infinitely powerful was that bigger issue.

I guess that I just wanted there to be more important things than Sasuke... oh well, its Kishi's story, besides, I guess things are still too vague to know exactly what will happen.

#70 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 02:28 AM

I'm not really feeling the news of another movie. Films for long running anime often range from lackluster to bad. The Naruto films haven't fared a lot better. The only anime brand tie-in film that I can recall as really good was the Cowboy Bebop film.

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Dec 21 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually... If I remember Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory correctly...

Then again, maybe I misinterpreted that scene. Anyway, that OVAs series had NO a happy end.

It was a complicated scene. She didn't really go with Gato so much as try to keep him alive. She didn't want the men she loved killing each other, as I recall.

You're pretty much right in that the series didn't really have a happy ending. It was gloomy with that one happy little bit at the end to bring spirits up. It's part of why I liked it; the entire conflict, even with Zeon losing again, was costly to Earth. But even so, with all that had happened, people seemed to soldier on and find themselves reunited eventually. It wasn't a happy ending, but it wasn't hopelessly depressing.

I've read this and, honestly, what is in that interview that we didn't already know from the manga itself?

Pretty much nothing that I could see. This is typically how it goes and why fans reactions often leave me scratching my head. As I mentioned, there are only a scant few writers offhand who don't mind giving candid interviews and feel safe giving some secrets away because so many others are planned. Most just give vague answers designed to please a crowd and not really upset anyone.

I guess that I just wanted there to be more important things than Sasuke...

I wanted that too, but the manga's long since gone past that point. Sasuke's pretty much the entire focus. In reality, he's one of the only "villains" left anyways; for some reason, Kishi's wrapped up many of adversaries with little fanfare or impact.

Edited by dl316bh, 22 December 2009 - 02:29 AM.

bd5.jpg

#71 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:21 PM

Along the lines of Naruto's last fight...

Kishi was probably telling the truth in that Sasuke would be his last fight. Sure, I could see Naruto vs Sasuke round 2 as being the last fight... as in the last fight that Naruto faces alone.

The last fight of the manga though? My gut tells me that it will probably be Team 7 (at least Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke) vs Madara. Or something along those lines.

Have to read underneath the underneath with Kishi. emoticon_monocle.gif

#72 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:38 PM

Latest trans = They see me trollin', they hatin'.

#73 Daissuke

Daissuke

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Manga, cycling, sleeping/not sleeping, writing, sports in general, sarcastic humour...<br /><br />Favourite couple atm: Narusaku, o' course.

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:44 PM

Yeah...you guys really don't want to see the whole script translated.
Liking developed manga pairings since 2001~

#74 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:48 PM

"Sakura loves Sasuke more then Naruto"

From the trans it says it's straight from Kishi.

#75 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:32 AM

I bet it does hm.png I'd also wager that the person who translated it is a SasuSaku fan/never reads the manga/Hates Sakura and wants her to make a 360 in her character and love a criminal like she said she couldn't.

#76 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Dec 22 2009, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I seriously doubt that- it would directly contradict what's already been said and shown in the manga for the whole of part 2 of the manga.

When it comes to anything to deal with Sakura we never get anything accurate from fan translated comments or manga chapter spoilers, especially when it comes to anything that goes toward development of narusaku. Just read the manga chapters and ignore anything reported by fans concerning Sakura.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#77 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (Freakazoid @ Dec 23 2009, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, i don't want to get discouraged by this. i mean think about all the things that have happened in the last 25 or so chapters. it's all about narusaku and it's been giving hell to all the other fandoms. but kishi, he's the type of guy that loves/needs to keep both sides happy and anxious so he has to say something like that to not discourage his fans. and the thing is....he's saying it in a interview!!!! what we have actually happened in the manga. what naruhina and sasusaku fans got is something the kishi might have said in interview. but that's not developement, it's just a fact of what sakura's feeling right now. not what's going to happen in the future. it's just a simple statement....i mean we all know sakura's crazy about sasuke. since forever.....but look at this....narutos catching up. sasuke hasn't moved up in his position but naruto keeps on moving up. yeah, sakura likes sasuke, she always has but naruto's just about to surpass him. kishi even said that naruto is close, but not quite. i mean that's way better than what he's said in his past manga/interviews where sakura wants nothing to do with naruto. so come on....read the statement closely everyone. it says sakura is loves sasuke more than naruto now but not in the future necessarily!!!!!! right????

#78 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:20 AM

Some say that it's not directly from Kishi, but I have no idea.

#79 socermania2

socermania2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:23 AM

Its not possible to know who said what. Forget the Interview and move on as normal with the manga.

Kishi interviews don't matter much.
BLACK AND WHITE

#80 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:25 AM

Seems to be more like "Naruto is close, but Sakura loves Sasuke" XD However, keep in mind the question is "How does she feel about Sasuke-kun?"

Edited by Miss Soupy, 23 December 2009 - 01:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users