2289 replies to this topic

#61 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

That's true. The last time he ever offered a compassionate smile to Sakura was at the beginning when he complimented her genjutsu know-how. But the boy from that period is in a completely different dimension from the steely, spontaneous man we know now. Sasuke was still relatively "normal" or sane back then - emotionally scarred and unnnervingly ambitious, but through his arrogant facade he still had some decency.

I'm not expecting too much from this so-called "moment". It might help to paint Sakura in a better light through Sasuke's eyes, but that's the extent of the mending in their mangled relationship. There probably won't be a whole-hearted recovery of the friendship they kind of had until the end.

Kishi's new gimmick - strip Sakura down to the point where she looks as bare-skinned, battle-worn and damaged as Sasuke did after his victory over Deidara.

Probably not. Kishi isn't one to have the clothes of his characters torn away as a consequence from a long and epic struggle. At least, that's not the case for Naruto and Sakura usually. Kakashi suffered similar effects in the fight against Kakuzu. He had lost his vest, his gloves were disintegrated by Raiton, and his mask was chipped. Ironically, I think he looked coolest with the damaged clothing. It added a layer of grittiness and resilience to his character. Maybe it's Sakura's turn to act and look that way.

which leads to question as to why naruto said he needs to get there i think he knows something about sasuke

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#62 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

@narusaku256:

Sasuke's not really up to anything IMO like leading T7 into a trap or something. Sasuke wants to be Hokage obviously and has unresolved issues with Naruto that could potentially be very bad, but I don't think Sasuke's literally thinking "kitten all you guys I'm killing you" right now. Sasuke's a little more sane now than he was in the Kage Summit Arc.

The only suspicious thing is his comment about deleting the past, but I actually get the feeling Sasuke been pretty honest lately with most of his motives. Now saying that'll last long is an entirely different story. It's pretty obvious Sasuke will do a Heel Turn again because he's still too much of an unpredictable, unreliable little kitten.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 15 July 2014 - 09:42 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#63 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

Sakura saved Sasuke. :pimp:

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#64 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

SS and NH moments are always followed up with a NS moment, please don't forget this blatant pattern. Hand holding isn't shi* compared to heart massaging and french kissing. Just imagine the NS moment that's eventually going to happen after SS get's done kittening the bed. 

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#65 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

I agree with romancegirl. We will get ss resolution, since kishi convice me that sasuke will not go back to konoha.
@google
Yes, I agree and sasuke doesn't love sakura.
@inferno
Obito will cast susanoo when Sakura get a stab.

It's just that though, Sasuke has always been the main issue for SS because he never loved sakura, he doesn't even have a need or purpose for anything romantic at this point after being unassociated and unimpacted by Sakura's love for all these years, it doesn't make sense for him to suddenly just start acting good.

All pairings will get resolution but sakura is more likely to move beyond Sasuke then stay the same loving him like she has for most of the manga, I mean her friendship with naruto has been more dynamic and developed to the point of a few mutual moments in their relationship, this has changed a lot while the stuff with Sasuke was strained, why Kishi kept it this long, i would suspect dramatic suspense and just the timing in which she would need to see the issue herself. As Sasuke was well a jerk recently, if that still doesn't change by next chapter, it's not good for ss. As said before, one moment does not change everything,especially on the least developed pairing. This event really doesn't do much for it either so while SS fans may love it, it doesn't erase the past nor the recent history, sakura is a character that though loving or at this point, caring for Sasuke as only a friend (it's likely she has fallen out of love with him from 675) she still knows something bad can happen and when that times comes, it will impact her again.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#66 Sojobo

Sojobo

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:49 AM

I find mangastream better for that NS moment :

http://img.mangastre.../49/2450/13.png

Anyway, Obito clearly is talking about Naruto, there is no doubt.

NS moment FTW.

I know that a lot of people here don't believe in Sakura loving to guys at the same time, but this is what where we're going to, folks.

Was same story with Dragon Quest and Maarm/Poppu/Hyunkel triangle.

Edited by Sojobo, 15 July 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#67 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

a good sakura chapter, but the little SS moment annoyed me a bit.... whatever.... it wasn't ever romantic....

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#68 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

What obito mean when he say "when he stumble, you want to help him"(ms translation).

#69 RamenBlossom

RamenBlossom

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:55 AM

What obito mean when he say "when he stumble, you want to help him"(ms translation).

I thought it had to do with how Kakashi said that to Obito saying that he will be there to help Naruto or something like that. I don't know. I could be wrong.

#70 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

I love how Kakashi can just sit back and enjoy the show, like good job everyone!

With everyone else all tired and looking at him like he should have given more effort, right now Kakashi is basically the audience.

It's also funny how convenient it was for the heroes that Madara had black zetsu give obito his right sharigan back, it's kinda a good reverse irony that despite much if madaras plan going better than he expected before was betrayed.

But I like that one deal with obito, it does give a better indication to naruto. As the manga stream one said once we got to the part with sakura mentioning they couldn't waste the chance naruto gave them, well obitos words,"you want to help him get up when he stumbles" okay, this wasn't a ns moment, but it fit perfectly with both what Kakashi said about narutos path in that he would help him if naruto had trouble, now look at sakura, geez naruto may have a bigger importance to her than she realizes right now and I kinda get this may have just got a bit more in line with 663, narutos path to hokage is been mentioned a lot before 663 and when sakura revealed that she wants him to become hokage, well sakura does care for naruto and his dream.

So a good chapter, a good mention to supporting naruto, definitely spoke something unlike the end of the chapter which was left with well mixed opinions.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#71 Sojobo

Sojobo

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

Means that when Naruto is about to fail or something like that, Sakura wants to help him.

Obito is clearly talking about what Sakura said earlier (I don't want to wast Naruto's chance he gave to us)

Obito plays Yamato bis, he says "I see" and Sakura reaction is like "?" (I don't understand)

Exaclty the same reaction she had when Yamato was talking about her at Kyuubi/Orochimaru arc.

It seems that Sakura wanting to help Naruto so much has some link with her feelings for him.

That's why Kizuna book throw that Chuunin exam scene with stupid dream of Naruto into the love section.

Edited by Sojobo, 15 July 2014 - 10:03 AM.

#72 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

This was an enjoyable chapter. At first I thought it was going to a slow one with the flashback of explanation, but then once it got to ObiSaku it went overdrive. Loved their teamwork. Man how many parts of her clothing is Sakura going to lose, well we should be glad Mr Kishimoto doesn't use his females for fanserivce really though I bet she is going to have a new look. The Sasuke part is interesting and wonder what he will say. I'm surprised how some here are taking this given how last week they acted like if Sakura and Sasuke entered the same room was out of the question.

#73 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

the big announcement for the next week is the canonization of SS :twitch:

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

uvoJkhc.png

#74 redrose3443

redrose3443

Minato's kidnapper >:D

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, Music, chocolate, and Fanfiction.

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Edited by redrose3443, 15 July 2014 - 10:06 AM.

minato_by_kyutenzuken-d7bt4gj.gif

He's mine, don't touch.

#75 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

which leads to question as to why naruto said he needs to get there i think he knows something about sasuke

It's true that Sasuke is a loose cannon that could go off at any moment. He and a newly resurrected Madara would have that in common. From the tidbits given, we know that Sasuke wants to kill the bijuu, believing them to be part of the antiquated system that he's hoping to erase, and he wants to remove Naruto from the picture as well (something which I think is motivated by personal embitterment and jealousy as much as whatever formal pretext he's using to justify the murder). What does that imply? That he's aggressive, domineering, and willing to resort to extreme measures to succeed in his pursuits. He's as much of an extremist as Danzo was now - operating in the shadows with a hidden agenda.

Whatever the translations might have cleared up, it's right to distrust Sasuke. Even Naruto has to feel uncomfortable around him and he would logically have the best grasp on what Sasuke's intentions are since KCM grants him an empathic ability.  

I don't believe that Sakura and Kakashi have anything to worry about at this moment. Sasuke hasn't expressed any desires to kill anyone from his team besides Naruto. He's an obstacle in the way. Sasuke may not usually go out of his way to harm the others, but they're still expendable in his eyes.

Obito should be concerned for his safety however. It's not likely that Sasuke has forgotten his role in the massacre of his clan or the assurances he made to Itachi that he would be going after the second guilty party who played a role. Scars like those aren't easily removed and Sasuke isn't one to forgive easily. He might try to kill Obito when this is all over.

Edited by Atheck, 15 July 2014 - 10:14 AM.

#76 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Can't you SEE THAT!!!!! Sasukeh will kiss sakura because she love him :zaru:
Sakura saving sasuke will open his eye and hearth and body. :zaru:
And Argentina win worldcup :fu:

#77 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

cover color will be about a SS marriage in a church.

jokes aside, it will be most probably about a new movie.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

uvoJkhc.png

#78 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

cover color will be about a SS marriage in a church.

jokes aside, it will be most probably about a new movie.

New movie about ss.
Revenge of RtN.

Btw congratulation, your explanation is true.

#79 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

I would comment this but I got to get ready for work.

#80 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:15 AM

Lolling at SS comments... "NS being salty" "NS's platonic" "Obito's words referencing to Kakashi's words about friendship and naruto..."

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

uvoJkhc.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users