Close
Photo

Kishimoto on why Sakura is with Sasuke, and other horrible ideas.

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#61 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:51 PM

My scrull duplicate theory doesn`t look so stupid now does it?

Edited by StrikerTheNoble, 20 November 2014 - 07:51 PM.

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#62 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:53 PM

I don't think this is true, the stupidity of these comments supposedly made by Kishimoto are mind numbing. Besides, he called Sakura's love for Sasuke selfish. Why would it be evil for Sakura to love Naruto and good for her to stick with Sasuke if her feelings for Sasuke are selfish? I'm calling BS on this interview

It's true. It's a story coming out in a magazine in Japan Friday. Doesn't make it any less stupid.

#63 NarutoIzDaMan

NarutoIzDaMan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:58 PM

All I have to say is WOOOOW :wot:  I always wondered what Kishi's TRUE mindset was and after reading this gives me all the insight that I need - the man is psychologically Fed up. He seems to have absolutely NO concept of just how messed up it is for a woman to continue to stay "attached" to a man who has abused her physically/emotionally. Then again, maybe he's just playing dumb and is trying to make any excuse he can to justify the BS ending to his manga and further promote the Naruhina movie so that he can milk even more dollars out his once great franchise (quality wise of course). 

Think about it, even after all these years DBZ is still one of the most beloved series of all time and the reason is because people CONNECTED to the characters on a personal level. Kishi on the other hand trashed all that and instead basically made all his "main characters" unlikable, unrelatable, pitiful, and ultimately unrecognizable. All I know is that I'm done with this series for good and on to better things.

"You're the only shinobi in the world who can surpass the Fourth Hokage, that's what I believe" ~ Hatake Kakashi

#64 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 07:59 PM

The thing i'm confused about is why he even continued to develop NaruSaku even though he planned on making it NaruHina.. :ermm:  :confused:

Money is my guess. The whole "Find someone like your Mother" thing has to be there to sell the RtN movie. I see no other reason for it to exist.

#65 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:01 PM

I am just really glad this was said. The best resolution we will get.

The moments we saw for NS were there and we werent blind.

We can at least move on now IMO.

43iduct.jpg

#66 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:02 PM

All I have to say is WOOOOW :wot:  I always wondered what Kishi's TRUE mindset was and after reading this gives me all the insight that I need - the man is psychologically Fed up. He seems to have absolutely NO concept of just how messed up it is for a woman to continue to stay "attached" to a man who has abused her physically/emotionally. Then again, maybe he's just playing dumb and is trying to make any excuse he can to justify the BS ending to his manga and further promote the Naruhina movie so that he can milk even more dollars out his once great franchise (quality wise of course). 

Think about it, even after all these years DBZ is still one of the most beloved series of all time and the reason is because people CONNECTED to the characters on a personal level. Kishi on the other hand trashed all that and instead basically made all his "main characters" unlikable, unrelatable, pitiful, and ultimately unrecognizable. All I know is that I'm done with this series for good and on to better things.

My prediction, is that in the future whatever is left of the Naruto fandom will be there because of people like us who will continue to develop the story correctly.

#67 Paperman

Paperman

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:The four main shounen manga. Animation in general.

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:03 PM

He wrote in a way that seemed she was constantly developing feeling for him. Aaah sometimes I wonder if at one point he got amnesia or something and now he knows little about his own manga.

Exactly. He lead us on. It's as simple as that.

Edited by Paperman, 20 November 2014 - 10:53 PM.

#68 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:06 PM

I am just really glad this was said. The best resolution we will get.

The moments we saw for NS were there and we werent blind.

We can at least move on now IMO.

In a sadistic way...yeah.

This absolutly proves that no, the fans didn't read it wrong...Kishimoto wrote it wrong. He ruined every character and is now trying to justify why the ending happened and I am hoping....HOPING that every self-respecting Naruto fan actually calls major bullsh** and expresses how much crap this really is.

No matter how you slice it, Kishimoto is a bad writer. No matter how you look at it, he betrayed his fans, he betrayed his own characters, and he betrayed his own morals he set up in the story.

Naruto died in that river bank next to Sasuke. That's the ending to Naruto. They both died side by side. Despressing, but not as despressing as what got afterwords.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 20 November 2014 - 08:07 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#69 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:11 PM

What

A

Douche

I was kind of on the fence after the last two chapters, but after this, I'm definitely done with Kishimoto.  I won't be reading any more of his work.

Over the years I never really saw eye-to-eye with all the "Kishimoto is sexist" claims.... but now they're starting to look more and more right.

I want to think he's just an idiot and this was a very poor choice of words, because I kinda get the impression he's saying that every woman who has ever moved on from an ex-boyfriend is "terrible"....

Thanks, Kishimoto, for making me hate NARUTO and regret ever reading it.  Ciao.

Edited by Daniee, 20 November 2014 - 08:12 PM.

#70 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,049 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:12 PM

In a sadistic way...yeah.
This absolutly proves that no, the fans didn't read it wrong...Kishimoto wrote it wrong. He ruined every character and is now trying to justify why the ending happened and I am hoping....HOPING that every self-respecting Naruto fan actually calls major bullsh** and expresses how much crap this really is.
No matter how you slice it, Kishimoto is a bad writer. No matter how you look at it, he betrayed his fans, he betrayed his own characters, and he betrayed his own morals he set up in the story.
Naruto died in that river bank next to Sasuke. That's the ending to Naruto. They both died side by side. Despressing, but not as despressing as what got afterwords.

Too me 699-700 is Naruto's nightmare.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#71 Nami

Nami

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:16 PM

Don't forget about Sakura. You know the strong brave kunoichi that had a backbone? Haven't seen her in the last few chapters....

#72 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:18 PM

What

A

Douche

I was kind of on the fence after the last two chapters, but after this, I'm definitely done with Kishimoto.  I won't be reading any more of his work.

Over the years I never really saw eye-to-eye with all the "Kishimoto is sexist" claims.... but now they're starting to look more and more right.

I want to think he's just an idiot and this was a very poor choice of words, because I kinda get the impression he's saying that every woman who has ever moved on from an ex-boyfriend is "terrible"....

Thanks, Kishimoto, for making me hate NARUTO and regret ever reading it.  Ciao.

To me, calling Kishimoto sexist is too much credit. If it was just all about hate towards women, then he wouldn't have made the men miserable as well. Both the men AND women of this manga got screwed and are now seen as trash...every single one.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#73 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:26 PM

I was kind of worried about that being a possibility... The other day I had a thought that 'maybe Kishi thought Sakura had to mimic Naruto in order to look heroic'. And that's how SS ended up happening. At the time, I kind of felt tired of speculation so I didn't think much more of it.

Guh. And now I guess that's what happened?

Kishi wanting Sakura to be heroic like Naruto and not give up on Sasuke is totally fine. I knew Naruto would never give up on him - he's the hero so he's supposed to do what others can't. Adding Sakura isn't a terrible idea, maybe not neccessary because, once again, Naruto is the hero, but it's not horrible for the sake of a Team 7 together happy ending. (If only we had gotten that!)

Anyways, where things get really messy is when you add the fact that Sakura remains attracted to Sasuke. Kishi left Sakura attracted to a guy who physically and mentally hurts and abuses her. More panels of pain from him exist than panels of kindness or care. Staying fangirl in love with a guy isn't saving him and isn't heroic looking, especially when said guy never returned those feelings at any point in-canon. Kishi's desire to make Sakura look heroic completely backfired, and now Sakura is probably the least respected female character in the series.

It's just...really sad. Wow. Why was the manga called Naruto again? Kishi completely lost his focus on Naruto :l Where we should be hearing about Naruto getting what he wanted, we hear nothing from him. Sakura needs to get what she wants? Sasuke needs to have Sakura, who he never wanted? Where's Naruto? His desires are completely missing from his own manga.

#74 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:32 PM

I dont know about you but I am so like un stressed about the situation now. Kishimoto was developing Narusaku, we saw what we saw. At the end of the day NS's development was real so I am happy.

Ending sucks but what are you going to do.

43iduct.jpg

#75 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:36 PM

At the end of the day NS's development was real so I am happy.

Yes, I'm thinking like this too

basically the idiots who said "lol you didn't read the manga right" were all wrong

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#76 ALESSE

ALESSE

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:53 PM

To me, calling Kishimoto sexist is too much credit. If it was just all about hate towards women, then he wouldn't have made the men miserable as well. Both the men AND women of this manga got screwed and are now seen as trash...every single one.

Good way to justify that he sold out.
I wonder when that fence was. Guessing around or after 600-650. Probably when they started pushing for possible spin offs and continuations.
Here's a kitten ending-----go watch the oooocc movie--------
Break some box office records-------money money money----cause kitten logic--------now spend money on these crack pairing off spring spin offs----.

Oh well. Got some great fan fic and maybe a real ending in the future by an AU character. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

I refuse to acknowledge the ending.

Edited by ALESSE, 20 November 2014 - 08:53 PM.

Y7kvBpU.gif

#77 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:56 PM

Now I'm going to have to take drawing lessons to make my own ending. God damn it. :-( :lmao:

#78 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:56 PM

I still think Kishi is just sexist/mysoginitic. This goes way back with Kurenai "Stay alive to have babies, after all, this is all you Kunoichi are worth for". He has no respect for woman, all their life efforts are crushed so they can be mothers and house wifes. No works and ambitions of their own. I think any woman with any amount of self respect would feel insulted by all of this. Of course is alright for Sakura to move on from Sasuke, she deserved someone better. I guess Kishi never really cared.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#79 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:07 PM

So we are all now officially not going to watch the movie right? RIGHT? :lmao:

#80 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:09 PM

@ Miss Soupy

I'm out of like, I wish I could have 10000 like to give you right now because this is exactly what I think about all of this.

I think the only reward Naruto gets is being hokage but even that, it doesn't hold the same meaning as before, it's just a title now, it doesn't seem hold any meaning anymore, at least not the same as when sandaime was there ( or any other kage TBH).

As for Sakura, there is no word to describe how much he destroyed her.

I'm still mad but I know that some point I'll probably laugh about the situation because this is the worst thing I've ever read.

Edited by Serenity Namikaze, 20 November 2014 - 09:21 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)