Close
Photo

The Great "A-Z of NaruSaku" Challenge (FINAL WEEK!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

#61 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (AchikaMiyu @ Mar 19 2007, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Acceptance

It’s what made him attracted to her in the first place; the longing for acceptance. He wanted it from the village and she wanted it from the raven-haired heartthrob. They both desired that recognition doing everything they could to obtain it. They trained, they studied and they pushed themselves, hoping for reprieve. Ultimately, after years of training and striving for that goal, it was the acceptance of each other that made them the happiest. Through acceptance, came love. He finally received the love from his Sakura-chan and she the looks of endearment from a man who had always cherished her.

Envelope

She couldn’t believe all the junk he had: Ichiraku ramen receipts, eaten cups of ramen, and other things that she couldn’t identify. One of the odd things was a box filled to the brim with sealed envelopes, but no address.
“Naruto? Could you come here for a second?”
“What is it Sakura-chan?”
“What are all these?”
Naruto’s eyes widened and he blushed before answering. “Love letters.”
“Love letters?” Sakura glared.
“They were letters I wrote but never got the courage to give. Well, since you found them, I guess you can have them now.”
Maybe some junk should be treasured.

Four more drabbles and then I'm all caught up.

And then there's this week's prompts. Speaking of which ... where are they? biggrin.gif

#62 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Mar 19 2007, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And then there's this week's prompts. Speaking of which ... where are they? biggrin.gif

Ask and you shall receive. :thumbs:

Prompts for P-T:

Peas
Question
Ring
Smile
Tender

End of line.

#63 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:16 PM

Well done, Achika! Interesting prompts for this week, maybe I can start on them during this week. dry.gif

K is for Kiss

They sat on a bench overlooking the lake, moonlight reflecting softly off the water. Sakura gazed at Naruto, emerald eyes sparkling. He steeled himself – time to go for it.
He closed his eyes and slowly leaned forward, puckering his lips… and felt something hard hit his forehead.
Stunned, Naruto opened his eyes to see Sakura smiling mysteriously, holding up the finger she flicked him with. “Naruto-kun, what kind of girl do you take me for? I don’t kiss on the first date.” Sakura leaned in close, her soft whispering sending shivers down Naruto’s spine.
“Wait until our second date tomorrow.”

QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#64 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:22 PM

Great drabbles, everyone! I never imagined that we'd have 4 pages worth of drabbles when I started this challenge. XD

Thanks for the new prompts, Achika, and congratulations on winning! biggrin.gif I'm sure there's no harm in changing the prompts now. Next week will be the final week of prompts - from U to Z.

Then maybe we could do another A-Z if everyone's up for it? wink.gif

#65 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:20 AM

This takes place in my Rain or Shine fanfic universe. The day Naruto and Sakura's second child is born

Peas

“No peas!” Saori shouted.

Naruto said sternly, “Don’t be a bad girl, Saori chan. Daddy will be back soon.”
He was reluctant to leave, but it couldn’t be helped. Naruto trusted them take care of Saori, while he was with Sakura for the birth of their second child.

The morning was nice, Harumi braided Saori’s hair, Kitomi told stories, Eiro fixed breakfast, Chie wrestled with her gently, and Isao and Manabu showed off their taijutsu skills.

He was leaving now, and Saori’s temper had changed. Naruto had a feeling they might just earn that D rank pay he promised them.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#66 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 20 March 2007 - 04:32 AM

On a roll tonight, here's number two. It also takes place in my Rain or Shine universe, but some years in the future, it's the evening after Saori's first day at the Academy. Kitomi now writes shoujo romance novels.

Question

“Mommy, what’s it like to fall in love?”
Sakura startled at the question, was Saori that grown up already?
“Did you meet a boy you liked, at school ?”
“No, they’re all stupid. “
Sakura slumped forward, relieved. Naruto’s face showed the same reaction.
“That’s not an easy question to answer.” Sakura sighed.
“Kitomi neechan’s books make it seem so clear.”
“That’s fiction, it’s more complicated than that, Saori chan” Naruto glanced at Sakura, she nodded , remembering.
“I fell in love when I realized your father was always there for me, I wanted to do the same for him.”

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#67 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:56 PM

Date

“It’s a date.”
“That’s not what I meant.”
“But you said that you wanted a date, so here you go,” Sakura held out the oval-shaped fruit.
He should have known better than to hope that Sakura would actually agree to go on a date with him. He had worn his best shirt thinking that this was going to be his night. Laughter interrupted his thoughts.
“For a person who loves to pull pranks, you sure can’t take one, can you? So, where are you taking me tonight, Naruto?” Sakura said hooking her arm in his.
“Anywhere with you,” Naruto smiled.

Jab

“Naruto, are you alright? I didn’t mean to put that much chakra into that last hit,” Sakura asked with concern.
“I’m fine Sakura-chan. If anyone can handle your monstrous strength it’s me!”
“If you say things like that I’m not going to heal you.”
So Naruto did the smart thing and shut-up, letting his teammate heal his bruises. He could faintly hear her chiding him for not blocking that jab to his stomach. Naruto smiled deciding not to comment that he could have blocked it. Besides, it’s not often that he gets to look down Sakura’s shirt without her noticing.

End of line.

#68 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (AchikaMiyu @ Mar 20 2007, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Date

“It’s a date.”
“That’s not what I meant.”
“But you said that you wanted a date, so here you go,” Sakura held out the oval-shaped fruit.
He should have known better than to hope that Sakura would actually agree to go on a date with him. He had worn his best shirt thinking that this was going to be his night. Laughter interrupted his thoughts.
“For a person who loves to pull pranks, you sure can’t take one, can you? So, where are you taking me tonight, Naruto?” Sakura said hooking her arm in his.
“Anywhere with you,” Naruto smiled.

Jab

“Naruto, are you alright? I didn’t mean to put that much chakra into that last hit,” Sakura asked with concern.
“I’m fine Sakura-chan. If anyone can handle your monstrous strength it’s me!”
“If you say things like that I’m not going to heal you.”
So Naruto did the smart thing and shut-up, letting his teammate heal his bruises. He could faintly hear her chiding him for not blocking that jab to his stomach. Naruto smiled deciding not to comment that he could have blocked it. Besides, it’s not often that he gets to look down Sakura’s shirt without her noticing.

nice drabbles AchikaMiyu! xD I really enjoyed the "date" one. hehe

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#69 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 02:28 AM

I don't know if we're still doing this. I'm just following along this.

S is for Smile

Note: This is in first person view. Sakura's POV

When ever I look into his smile, I feel something. Something different with everyone. With he's smile towards his friends, I feel like he was happy. The smile he has when he is proud and triumpfant ( sp? ), I feel like he is a human being instead of a demon. And the smile he has with me...It's just a wonderus feeling I can't explain. None of those smiles will be ever forgotten. Believe it.

how was that?

LOVE IS WAR,

#70 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:04 AM

Ring

Naruto’s hands were sweating, the ring in his hand was getting slippery. He had to do it now. "Sakura chan will you marry me?"
Sakura, smiled, no wonder he had been nervous.
"Of course." Her heart was beating fast, but she felt oddly calm.
"Really?"
Sakura gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Yes, really. "
Eyes bright with joy, he opened his hand "This is for you"
She slipped it on her finger. "Thank you Naruto." she kissed him on the lips, and he deepened it into one full of passion and longing, pulling her tight into his embrace.

#71 Tobi_Uchiha

Tobi_Uchiha

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 20 2007, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ring

Naruto’s hands were sweating, the ring in his hand was getting slippery. He had to do it now. "Sakura chan will you marry me?"
Sakura, smiled, no wonder he had been nervous.
"Of course." Her heart was beating fast, but she felt oddly calm.
"Really?"
Sakura gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Yes, really. "
Eyes bright with joy, he opened his hand "This is for you"
She slipped it on her finger. "Thank you Naruto." she kissed him on the lips, and he deepened it into one full of passion and longing, pulling her tight into his embrace.

Is this another part from "Rain and Shine" ? Because I like it a lot, is pretty good smile.gif

#72 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:38 AM

This takes place in my Rain or Shine fanfiction universe. This might be expanded for the epilogue. It takes place shortly after their second child is born.

Smile

Naruto and Sakura looked at their newborn son with adoring smiles.

Haruki opened and closed his hands in sleep.

"Wonder what he's dreaming about?" Sakura mused aloud.

"Don't know."  Naruto looked sad. Had his father been able to look at him this way before his desperate sacrifice to save the village? His hand drifted toward the seal that had put the kyuubi inside him.

Sakura embraced him and lay her hand over his. "I love you."

“I love you too.”

They kissed gently.

“I hope we live to see Saori and Haruki have their own families.”

“Me too.” Sakura smiled.

QUOTE (Tobi_Uchiha @ Mar 21 2007, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this another part from "Rain and Shine" ? Because I like it a lot, is pretty good smile.gif

Thanks! It might be, I haven't decided yet. smile.gif

#73 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:13 PM

Gate (see if you get the movie reference)

“Wow, that was an awesome movie. But there were some parts I didn’t get. Like why did those two keep on calling themselves the ‘keymaster’ and the ‘gatekeeper’?”
“It’s supposed to be a euphemism.”
“Euphemism? For what?”
Sakura looked at Naruto dubiously. “You’re kidding, right?”
“I don’t understand, what’s it a euphemism for?”
“You know, Keymaster for the man and Gatekeeper for the woman . . .”
“I still don’t get it.” Naruto stared blankly.
Sakura gaped at her boyfriend. “You really don’t know?”
Naruto shook his head.
“Let’s go to your bedroom and I’ll explain it in more detail.”

Fluffy

Caught between the sheets with only a thick fluffy blanket to keep them warm, Sakura took the time to admire her lover. It was unusual to find him so calm and peaceful. She gently stroked the nape of his neck while he slept. Sakura thought she heard him purr. It was funny how despite how much she swore she knew his body, there was always something new she discovered. He was like a cat, except without the fur. Which was fine since she liked feeling his smooth skin. Sakura kissed his exposed neck and then fell asleep beside him, smiling.

End of line.

#74 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:26 AM

This is also a future scene from my Rain or Shine fanfiction universe, Saori has been in the Academy a few months. Naruto and Sakura are traveling to Suna with their kids and the kind of entourage that would be involved with a Hokage traveling to another country.

Tender

Suna, was hosting the Chunin exams for the first time in many years. They were honored guests.

Sakura tenderly stroked the baby‘s cheek as she drank from the bottle.

Saori adored her sister, and often showed Ayame off to her friends. Haruki was a bit jealous of all the attention the new baby was getting, just as Saori had been of him.

Haruki was on top of the world right now though. He was riding on his fathers shoulders , giggling, with the Hokage hat on his head, backwards .

Saori rolled her eyes, her brother was such a dork.

#75 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:56 PM

Peas

They were like peas in a pod, even if they didn’t know it. There were the obvious similarities: both being trained by Sanin, both slated to surpass their mentors and both sharing the tragic past of their lost teammate. Then there were the not so obvious similarities. They were both loud and brash, though one only when the other was present. They both enjoyed ramen, though one more than necessary. They were both perverts, though one would never admit it to herself. Maybe that’s why they fell in love. Two peas in a pod, never to be separated: always together.

Question

“Sakura, I have a question?”
“What is it Naruto?”
“Well, when did you start liking me?”
Sakura paused. When was it that she started to fall for the loveable idiot? It was before they started holding hands together, it was before their first kiss and it was definitely before that episode a few nights ago in his bedroom.
“Honestly Naruto, I don’t know. I just started to like you and well, you know how far our relationship’s gotten.”
“Um, yeah,” Naruto said with a blush. “But I sorta wanted to know.”
Sakura silenced him with a kiss. “Does it matter?”

After seeing that last manga chapter, I wonder if it would have been better to use the prompt 'Pervert' instead of 'Peas' laugh.gif
End of line.

#76 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:01 PM

If we cycle through the alphabet again, somebody can pick that as the next prompt for P.

#77 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (AchikaMiyu @ Mar 23 2007, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After seeing that last manga chapter, I wonder if it would have been better to use the prompt 'Pervert' instead of 'Peas' laugh.gif

Heh, it is a good prompt for the Naruto series, there's so many of them wink.gif

#78 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:39 PM

Well, ciardha won the last week, so she gets to choose this week's prompts! Congratulations!

This is the final week of the A-Z, and the prompts will go from U to Z. happy.gif

#79 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 26 2007, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, ciardha won the last week, so she gets to choose this week's prompts! Congratulations!

This is the final week of the A-Z, and the prompts will go from U to Z. happy.gif

Here they are, going to give a link for the X prompt, it's a flower (and pretty too)

http://www.eps4.coml...xeranthemum.jpg
http://www.swallowta...eranthemum.html

Underneath
Vibrant
Whirlpool
Xeranthemum
Yes
Zipper

#80 Deidara Lover

Deidara Lover

★ VOCALOID GURU

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 11:33 PM

What's a Xeranthemum?

LOVE IS WAR,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users