#61 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:21 AM

Damn, and I was ready to assemble all the DBZ fanboys...

#62 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:23 AM

All three of them? tongue.gif

#63 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:25 AM

I wasn't starting another fight just stating an opinion, you don't like it fine.

uc.png

#64 Chidori Mistress

Chidori Mistress

Lolita of Squack <3

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:31 AM

Lifesized Asuka *shudders*

:teehee:

#65 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:03 AM

Dragob ball was a great series, as well as dragon ball z, but calling it the greatst series...

I have another defintion, Dragon ball was the and espicely the dragon ball Z were sort of the "father" of all animes, it set the defintion for archtype such as the dumb hero, the tsundere, the rivel who get soft as the series go, and other fetures like the "super mode"

I see Dragon ball as the "superman" of anime, alot of people who really like comic despise superman, that's the same feeling I get from alot of manga/anime fans as well when I say the word Dragon ball.
I myself don't consider Dragon ball as the greatest manga/anime, but I give it the respect it deserve as the classic it is, and for the fact that without it, I would never watch great animes such as naruto and one piece.

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#66 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 05 July 2008 - 12:17 PM

O.o, Hmmm... I think I should have said it this way. Eva is best in that its not a Jump typical series. Which most if not all Jump manga's basis comes from Dragonball. I mean, let's face, most if not all Jump series is basically the same. Good guy meets multiple bad guys who in turn force the good guy to get stronger. Thats it. Yu Yu Hakusho did it, One Piece did it(although I do exculde it since Luffy was just strong to begin with and doesn't even train), Bleach did it, Naruto did it, D. Gray-man did it, hell, even Eyeshield 21 did it and that series is base off American football.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dragonball, LOVE DRAGONBALL, I'll Kamehameha your a** if you disagree. But in terms of stroytelling, character development, and basically some good animation I have to give it to Eva.

And I'll quote something from wiki itself. "It is commonly[9] regarded as one of the greatest anime of all time." Thus I close off my first counterattack.

why yes. that is my adorable sister hugging a dakimura. got a problem?

#67 Chidori Mistress

Chidori Mistress

Lolita of Squack <3

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 12:59 PM

lol is there a point in debating what the greatest anime of all time is when it's all based on opinion?

This is not the "WHAT IS THE GREATEST ANIME OF ALL TIME EVEN THOUGH ITS SIMPLY YOUR OPINION" thread.

Get back on topic. >_>

#68 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (Zero BD @ Jul 5 2008, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I'll quote something from wiki itself. "It is commonly[9] regarded as one of the greatest anime of all time." Thus I close off my first counterattack.

And i could go into wiki right now and edit it saying "It is also commonly regarded as being overrated" and link it to some site which agrees. Yet that will not do much for my argument, considering its an OPINION. I see no point in this type of discussion, everyone will have there own opinions on whats best. I especially find it pointless to compare animes of completely different genres, which are made to appeal to different people.

Im also surprised people can judge an outright best out of all the anime they have seen, i cant really pick a number 1, all my favourite anime have there own strengths which put it above the rest.

#69 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (Zero BD @ Jul 5 2008, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
O.o, Hmmm... I think I should have said it this way. Eva is best in that its not a Jump typical series. Which most if not all Jump manga's basis comes from Dragonball. I mean, let's face, most if not all Jump series is basically the same. Good guy meets multiple bad guys who in turn force the good guy to get stronger. Thats it. Yu Yu Hakusho did it, One Piece did it(although I do exculde it since Luffy was just strong to begin with and doesn't even train), Bleach did it, Naruto did it, D. Gray-man did it, hell, even Eyeshield 21 did it and that series is base off American football.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dragonball, LOVE DRAGONBALL, I'll Kamehameha your a** if you disagree. But in terms of stroytelling, character development, and basically some good animation I have to give it to Eva.

There is at least one other Jump series that doesn't do that: Death Note.

#70 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 06 July 2008 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jul 5 2008, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is at least one other Jump series that doesn't do that: Death Note.

True, and isn't this thread called Evangelion?

#71 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:52 AM

To kick some juice into this almost dead beast. I got some news for the Eva fans in the house. Yeah, all 5 of us. The Rebuild Movie, You Can (Not) Advance 2.0 is scheduled for summer 09. Just thought to let you know.

#72 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (Zero BD @ Nov 11 2008, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To kick some juice into this almost dead beast. I got some news for the Eva fans in the house. Yeah, all 5 of us. The Rebuild Movie, You Can (Not) Advance 2.0 is scheduled for summer 09. Just thought to let you know.

That's so far away! And even then we won't be able to see it either DX

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#73 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:28 AM

Yeah I was disappointed that it didn't come out this year at all. I am really wondering how things will change at the end though.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#74 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:38 AM

If anyone noticed that the translation of what Kaworu was saying was "he looks forward to meeting Shinji." Now the words he used for that in Japanese refers to a meeting of someone you know already. So through that interpretation you can see where I'm going with this. It is possible that what we are seeing is a after affect of third impact from the original series. Just something I wanted to share.

#75 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:39 AM

Well
I think the most interesting part of the film was how Shinji found out about Lilith.

I wonder how that will shake things up.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#76 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:38 AM

I believe it will have a positive effect on Shinji, it kinda worked to give him motivation when it was time to face the sixth.

#77 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 22 November 2008 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (Zero BD @ Nov 12 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is possible that what we are seeing is a after affect of third impact from the original series. Just something I wanted to share.

I agree, as at the same scene, we can also see Lilith as its seen in the original Series (You know, the purple mask and all). and at the beginning we see a sea of LCL on the beach similar with what we see at the end of the End of Eva movie along with lots of broken buildings on it which I assume are from the old Tokyo 3.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#78 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:41 AM

Twin, you're the man. You just added more fuel into this theory. Now I got something to add again. Remember that giant outline of a person early in the film? In the ruin city? Doesn't it remind you of the stance the MP Evas from EoE took after they touched down on earth? You know after Instrumentality and they were turned to stone. Oh man, I'm gonna rewatch this movie for more connections.

#79 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Zero BD @ Nov 22 2008, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Twin, you're the man. You just added more fuel into this theory. Now I got something to add again. Remember that giant outline of a person early in the film? In the ruin city? Doesn't it remind you of the stance the MP Evas from EoE took after they touched down on earth? You know after Instrumentality and they were turned to stone. Oh man, I'm gonna rewatch this movie for more connections.

I'm watching the whole season from first episodes and all that I see only reinforce the theory. Heck, I'm pretty sure we're right. if you watch the trailer at the end of the movie, you'll see that Eva 02 is pretty different compared to the 1 in the original. but damn... eva 06 look pretty badass

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#80 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:06 AM

However, we'll just have to wait till summer 09 for Evangelion 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users