#61 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (Chatte @ Dec 18 2012, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest, we have to face it, it's the second time he showed Hinata risking her life for Naruto.
This is seriously damaging Sakura's image...I am not talking Shipping here, I am talking the whole impression of the fandom with who is the heroine and who acts more heroine-ish.
Let's hope Kishi will redeem Sakura's image in some way...

You're right. With this especially, Sakura's image is being damaged beyond repair. At this rate, it looks like Kishi's just forgetting about her completely. dry.gif

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#62 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

I don't know, to me Neji's death doesn't increase the likelihood of others dying. He definitely is a character with little collateral damage. His storyline was resolved, meaning he'd achieved what he meant to achieve, and he's not romantically linked to anyone. So his death is sad, carries weight and meaning, but is not debilatizing for the hero. With that in mind, Rock Lee could be another one of the rookies who could go down, as opposed to TenTen or Shino who don't have much of a storyline to speak of. So their death would carry much weight for the audience (or Naruto).

And as everyone has said, I don't see this as NH at all. But if there is to be shipping tension in the future, then this definitely drives up Hinata's panel time and makes her more relevant to the larger story. But yeah, this was overall a Hyuga moment. So it's completely expected that Hinata would be there.

If anything, this chapter seems like NH fanfic fodder! New NH stories in 3...2....

I did have a completely different thought on seeing the artwork at the end of the chapter. That image of Rin saying "I'm watching you." What an odd thing to say. So it got me thinking that maybe this wasn't a throwaway bit of text after all, but maybe it's some foreshadowing for when Obito is finally taken down. Like perhaps Rin has planted her chakra into Obito (or both he and Kakashi) when she transfered his eye. So when it all comes down, Rin is there in the end saying, 'I told you I was watching you.'

It would give some connection between Obito's one-sided love of the Rin in his mind and the real Rin who would have abhorred this behavior. If the real Rin somehow came out in the end and said she wanted none of this to happen.

Also...if Obito brought Rin back to life, wouldn't he be around 30 and she'd still be 12? *shudders*

Lastly, wish they had a better translation for Obito's dialogue "This is slightly irrelevant...." Lol - Meaning the next stuff I'm going to say is only relevant to the plot...not to the WAR happening all around us!

It's funny that Obito doesn't trust Madara the way Sasuke didn't trust Tobi/Obito.

So...Madara said he needed a living body.... Who do you think is going to get the honor of being the juubi's jinchuriki?

#63 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

QUOTE (lupina @ Dec 18 2012, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I vote for TenTen.

Right now, everyone is risking his live for Naruto.

I know but I was referring to the fandom's thinking overall when it's Sakura vs Hinata thing.

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Dec 18 2012, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're right. With this especially, Sakura's image is being damaged beyond repair. At this rate, it looks like Kishi's just forgetting about her completely. dry.gif

Exactly. Hell, I feel sometimes like Sakura didn't had this amount of action panel as her when in relate to Naruto.

Edited by Chatte, 18 December 2012 - 02:06 PM.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#64 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (lupina @ Dec 18 2012, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I vote for TenTen.

Right now, everyone is risking his live for Naruto.

that what neji said.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#65 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

I feel the need to post this, in tribute to the guy who was one of my top 3 favorite characters until the end:

"The willow it weeps today
A breeze from the distance is calling your name
Unfurl your black wings, and wait
Across the horizon, it's coming to sweep you away
Let the wind carry you home
Blackbird, fly away
May you never be broken again"
-Blackbird by Alter Bridge

Rest in peace, caged bird. You're free now. Rest in peace, Hyuuga Neji. May you never be broken again...

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 18 December 2012 - 02:07 PM.

AboojTi.gif

#66 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 18 2012, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no next week we will get chapter they dont celebrate christmas as we do.

Shonen jump didn't release a chapter on the week of Christmas last year, and from what I've heard it's the same every year.

EDIT: just looked it up and last year the new chapter was released on the 26th, 12 days after the previous chapter so I don't know if it was just a late release of the scan or if it was an early release of the following weeks chapter.

Edited by Jake, 18 December 2012 - 02:15 PM.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#67 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

An honorable death tis was.

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#68 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Dec 18 2012, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel the need to post this, in tribute to the guy who was one of my top 3 favorite characters until the end:

Rest in peace, caged bird. You're free now. Rest in peace, Hyuuga Neji. May you never be broken again...

He will be ressurrected.

inb4 : shaman king.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 18 December 2012 - 02:08 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#69 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Dec 18 2012, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto: We need a medic!
Neji: It's too late.
Naruto: Never mind, too late!

laugh.gif

111189.gif lol

anyway
It was a really good chapter!
Neji was the last I ever expected to have development and end up dying, but Something fealt a bit off...
Neji was smart, bad ass and well, he was really great this chapter. It was a hyuugas chapter to shine, specificly him.

Fans should really stop complaining about sakura's role in the current chapter. She has appeared in all the latest chapters, we always know what she's doing. And I find it quite nice that kakashi and her are together. More side characters will have development; i think it should be either lee or tenten.

And I knew there was going to be another NH moment but really kishi, again with hinata almost dying.

The one thing that confused me was neji's statement, was he entrusting hinata to naruto or was he saying that since HE had saved him it it up to naruto to remember his sacrifice next time he's on the verge of death? I think it's the latter but who knows...

#70 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Sakura as already said wont get that much screentime in this arc. Its now to resolve the side characters, tgat means also hinata and this chapter is the best example for it. Sakura gets her time soon enough so be paitient and expect more hinata and side characters in the upcoming chapters.

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#71 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (PhenixElite @ Dec 18 2012, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura as already said wont get that much screentime in this arc. Its now to resolve the side characters, tgat means also hinata and this chapter is the best example for it. Sakura gets her time soon enough so be paitient and expect more hinata and side characters in the upcoming chapters.

I personally am ok with this, the problem is the thing he makes the side character do... I mean, Hinata was about to die the second time for him, the fandom will scream again that Sakura will never do that bla bla, etc, if Kishi won't make her do something big as well. And also in this war, even if it's for side characters, because in the end, the fandom will just get it as Hinata outshined Sakura again and that she deserves to be the heroine, bla bla, cause in the end this is an appealing arc for everyone, this is where their whole interest goes to.

#72 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (Chucky-kun @ Dec 19 2012, 03:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Btw, what was with the symbolism in the last page where the bird gets killed by the mokuton?

That would probably be the worst symbolism I've ever seen. Here the bird represents freedom, specially "the freedom felt when you protect your friends." Yet, it gets killed. The freedom died.
Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#73 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (candycane-chan @ Dec 18 2012, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The one thing that confused me was neji's statement, was he entrusting hinata to naruto or was he saying that since HE had saved him it it up to naruto to remember his sacrifice next time he's on the verge of death? I think it's the latter but who knows...

None of it, he didnt entrusted hinata to naruto he just remembered naruto that he's not alone, and that his life at the same time the life of his friends are important to him, naruto's life is important to his friends.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#74 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

Ok, Neji's death is hitting me harder than I thought it would.

If I wasn't in school, I'd probably be crying right now.

I can't seem to accept it. Neji. Dead. One chapter appearance, then dead in the same chapter. Dead.

I haven't cried over a fictional character's death in forever, and never in an actual series I followed with interest like Naruto for such a long time. Neji, you'll be my first.

I'm gonna miss you like crazy, buddy. You have no idea. kitten school, I'm crying.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 18 December 2012 - 02:26 PM.

AboojTi.gif

#75 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hey, hey Kishi, I get it now! arg.gif arg.gif arg.gif People die in war, mkay, no more. I get it. D:

But why did you kill an awesome character to develop the not so awesome character of Hinata. mad.gif
I thought no one in K11 would die, and I thought NejiHina would produce many babies..

AROEHROQIEHR MY FEEEELS NEJI JUST DIED WAAT
2 weeks to next chapter, was it? mellow.gif

ナルサク

#76 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Dec 18 2012, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, hey Kishi, I get it now! arg.gif arg.gif arg.gif People die in war, mkay, no more. I get it. D:

But why did you kill an awesome character to develop the not so awesome character of Hinata. mad.gif
I thought no one in K11 would die, and I thought NejiHina would produce many babies..

AROEHROQIEHR MY FEEEELS NEJI JUST DIED WAAT
2 weeks to next chapter, was it? mellow.gif

no next week we got chapter they did not make any anouncement that we will have a break next week so it's ok.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#77 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (Chatte @ Dec 18 2012, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I personally am ok with this, the problem is the thing he makes the side character do... I mean, Hinata was about to die the second time for him, the fandom will scream again that Sakura will never do that bla bla, etc, if Kishi won't make her do something big as well. And also in this war, even if it's for side characters, because in the end, the fandom will just get it as Hinata outshined Sakura again and that she deserves to be the heroine, bla bla, cause in the end this is an appealing arc for everyone, this is where their whole interest goes to.

Luckily i dont care about the fandom, thats also why i dont give a kitten to what they say.
So i also dont have a problem that hinata is getting more screentime then sakura in this arc, because im sure its there to finally resolve her character. Till now theres nothing to worry for me.

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#78 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

I actually thought this chapter was a sort-of naruhina chapter (although definitely overshadowed by Neji). Right now, having Neji protect them both may (or may not) mean they have the same sadness.

I didn't expect anybody from the Konoha 11 to die. I didn't like Neji's death though, it made Naruto and Hinata look completely useless.

It bothers that Hinata can't seem to have an important moment in the manga without Naruto. I guess I would have prefered to see Neji talk to Hinata as well, and not only Naruto.
Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#79 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (PhenixElite @ Dec 18 2012, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Luckily i dont care about the fandom, thats also why i dont give a kitten to what they say.
So i also dont have a problem that hinata is getting more screentime then sakura in this arc, because im sure its there to finally resolve her character. Till now theres nothing to worry for me.

I understand from where you're coming from but it's not only the fandom that has this reaction.
Remember that Kishi was asked in interviews what about Sakura and the fact that her acts don't seem so heroine-ish like Hinata's and that Hinata could make a better heroine, bla bla.

QUOTE (Nefertieh @ Dec 18 2012, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually thought this chapter was a sort-of naruhina chapter (although definitely overshadowed by Neji). Right now, having Neji protect them both may (or may not) mean they have the same sadness.

Exactly... I mean, we can say that NS laughed together, cried together, etc, but Kishi is starting to give to NH the same thing he's been giving to NS...

#80 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (PhenixElite @ Dec 18 2012, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah like I said. With Neji's death Hinata will think things through in a serious matter. Realizing this war is more than just protecting Naruto but everyone, her friends, her village, her clan, and the fate of the world lies in winning this war. His death is a rude wake up call for her to finally mature and stop being that lovey dovey obsessed girl who likes Naruto, to realize he's not the center of the universe. To care for everyone in the same light. This war is about protecting the entire shinobi world not just Naruto.

Edited by Gravenimage, 18 December 2012 - 02:50 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users