James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

My reaction to Madara

reaction

Wait, wait, wait, wait,....so Madara's eyes melt away cause they are not his, but he gets to keep the Hashirama DNA implanted in him by Kabuto? Why am I not surprised? Well, I guess if you have to give Madara some kind of handicap...not giving him his powerful eyes would help. It is also interesting that the other eye is still with Nagato. Obito only has the one.

Madara really is the most broken Uchiha of them all. I wonder what is going to happen to Hashirama now seeing how he is literally getting his life-force sucked out. I wonder if he is going to die permanently now.

Sasuke....hmmmm.....Sasuke Sasuke Sasuke......why don't I like this? I mean, yeah it kind of shows how cold-hearted he is by not hesitating to kill Madara, but at the same time he is behaving like a hero and once again under-minding Naruto's role. I would hate for people to respect him for this because it seems like now we have excuses to forgive him. "Oh, he helped stopped the Edo Tensei, he helped kill Obito and Madara and etc." Yeah, he could be doing it because like any bad guy hates competition and the others getting in the way of their plans, but I know this is going to play a part into his "redemption" some how.

-sigh- I guess I just have to accept it because it is not going to change the fact. I don't know, it feels like Sasuke gets everything so easily. Abilities, powers, redemption...It has been an easy road for Sasuke pretty much. The only time it really get complicated is because he made it complicated for himself.

the anti ns, their argument about naruto doesn't love sakura anymore.

in this chapter it show how black zetsu survive choujoru stab and how the fate of madara rinnegan.

so do you think the war arc will end in the next volume or not? :)

i predict that sakura would appear in the next two or three chapter.

So, you think my theory about an NS moment in chapter 660 will be fulfilled?

I kind off dont understand why people seems surprised with Sasuke turning down Madara's proposal, i mean it's 600+ chapters and people doenstk now how Sasuke's character is, he's evil but he's there fighting on the alliance side to remove any kind of competition, he said it clearly, i'm the one who will kill Naruto, in other words he wants to do the stuff by himself, he's not going to side with anyone.

Anyway srsly every chapter you guys are saying "where's Sakura?" or when Sakura will show up?

srsly can you guys stop?

I'm not hungry for Sakura panels, i prefer her doing something instead of appearing randomly, and stop plz destroying the manga discussion with " Sakura will appear in one or two chapters" or "why Sakura doesnt show up".

The enemy of my enemy is my friend....or could it really be that the enemy of my enemy is my enemy?

We shall see how things play out.

Bolded: Yeah, seriously. I am not expecting anything big from Sakura until the Naruto vs Sasuke fight and really anything between that time is icing on the cake for me. I guess I expect the least out of Sakura's appearance until then.

Well Silver lining here, at least Hinata isn't getting any gratuitous screen time just to give her something to do.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 04 December 2013 - 02:52 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#62 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

*hands over ears, shaking head, eyes shut*

la la la la la la la la, no no no no, not going to happen, not going to happen, la la la la la la la la

Heh. It would be a rather convenient solution as to how Sai fits into Team Seven when Sasuke returns. I don't think it's a "problem" that really demands a solution since the story has tended to treat him more as a Rookie Nine than an intimate member of the team.

#63 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

Seeing Hashirama's face on Madara, with the circular forehead marking on his forehead when charged with chakra, I am again strongly reminded of the crest on Sakura's back. 

Since Tsunade is the direct descendant to Hashirama, and inheritor of his will and senjutsu, it stands to reason that Sakura has inherited this as well. 

I'm not making predictions, but I think if Sakura has an "in" to this battle, other than just healing, it will be separating, defeating or reclaiming the Senju connection from Madara. Her with the crazy powerful, laser-precise chakra, she could easily extract the implanted area, and in doing so carry out Tsunade's will as well as surpass her and Kabuto in her medical skills.  

I still think it's too much of a coincidence that Sakura's clan crest and the mark on his forehead are so similar. Kishimoto could have chosen any other symbol. So it's got to mean something. All those symbols are cross-connected, like with the Uchiha comma on the Sage's cloak. It wouldn't surprise me if Hashirama's symbol is somehow connected to Sakura.

#64 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

Well I'm loving Black Zetsu, bit surprised that he is going to fight with Kakashi. Didn't think he would merge with Obi to, my money was on Yamato if he was going to merge with someone.

#65 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

Can't wait to see Sakuraaaaaaaa. She's likely gonna be in the next chapter since the whole alliance is right there.

And for those telling folks to kill the Sakura talk. Maybe you should skip the post. Some people really like Sakura and from my understanding some of you don't like her all that much so of course, you're not gonna be "hungry for Sakura".

#66 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

Can't wait to see Sakuraaaaaaaa. She's likely gonna be in the next chapter since the whole alliance is right there.

And for those telling folks to kill the Sakura talk. Maybe you should skip the post. Some people really like Sakura and from my understanding some of you don't like her all that much so of course, you're not gonna be "hungry for Sakura".

But srsly every single chapter?

Even when we were on Hashirama vs Madara flashbacks.

My reaction to Madara

reaction

Wait, wait, wait, wait,....so Madara's eyes melt away cause they are not his, but he gets to keep the Hashirama DNA implanted in him by Kabuto? Why am I not surprised? Well, I guess if you have to give Madara some kind of handicap...not giving him his powerful eyes would help. It is also interesting that the other eye is still with Nagato. Obito only has the one.

Madara really is the most broken Uchiha of them all. I wonder what is going to happen to Hashirama now seeing how he is literally getting his life-force sucked out. I wonder if he is going to die permanently now.

Sasuke....hmmmm.....Sasuke Sasuke Sasuke......why don't I like this? I mean, yeah it kind of shows how cold-hearted he is by not hesitating to kill Madara, but at the same time he is behaving like a hero and once again under-minding Naruto's role. I would hate for people to respect him for this because it seems like now we have excuses to forgive him. "Oh, he helped stopped the Edo Tensei, he helped kill Obito and Madara and etc." Yeah, he could be doing it because like any bad guy hates competition and the others getting in the way of their plans, but I know this is going to play a part into his "redemption" some how.

-sigh- I guess I just have to accept it because it is not going to change the fact. I don't know, it feels like Sasuke gets everything so easily. Abilities, powers, redemption...It has been an easy road for Sasuke pretty much. The only time it really get complicated is because he made it complicated for himself.

So, you think my theory about an NS moment in chapter 660 will be fulfilled?

The enemy of my enemy is my friend....or could it really be that the enemy of my enemy is my enemy?

We shall see how things play out.

Bolded: Yeah, seriously. I am not expecting anything big from Sakura until the Naruto vs Sasuke fight and really anything between that time is icing on the cake for me. I guess I expect the least out of Sakura's appearance until then.

I think it's because he already implanted that when he was dead, but i dont know what kind of sorcery Kabuto did to ressurrect Madara on his prime.

bolded : me too not even Naruto is relevant here.
Sort off reminded me of DBZ, hashirama was behind Naruto and Sai and Madara passed by them and they didnt even try to stop him, everyone watched the villains getting powerup without moving a single finger.
It only lacked Sasuke to say "Madara go to Obito get your eyes i'll wait you to come back and defeat you at your max potential".

Anyway i feel that Kishi read my comments, last chapter i pointed out that with Rinne Tensei you could multiply rinnegans and look what happened this chapter.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 04 December 2013 - 03:57 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#67 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

Hey. People aren't always gonna say what's favorable to another person. Just one of those things you gotta ignore. Missing her and settling for anything are two different things.

#68 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

Hey. People aren't always gonna say what's favorable to another person. Just one of those things you gotta ignore. Missing her and settling for anything are two different things.

I'm not trying to shape content on the chapter thread, it's just annoying that every single chapter we have "where's Sakura" or "Next chapter she will appear" or even people making fun of Sakura pointing out her absence on the chapter saying the same things every single week, to a point that it's spam.

Tricksie at least give an example, she presented a theory.

Heh. It would be a rather convenient solution as to how Sai fits into Team Seven when Sasuke returns. I don't think it's a "problem" that really demands a solution since the story has tended to treat him more as a Rookie Nine than an intimate member of the team.

I think the same, killing Sai makes easy for Sasuke replace him on the team 7, Sai even refers them as the "former team 7".

but IMO i think team 7 is no more, it's something like the childhood it will never come back.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 04 December 2013 - 04:11 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#69 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

Seeing Hashirama's face on Madara, with the circular forehead marking on his forehead when charged with chakra, I am again strongly reminded of the crest on Sakura's back. 

Since Tsunade is the direct descendant to Hashirama, and inheritor of his will and senjutsu, it stands to reason that Sakura has inherited this as well. 

I'm not making predictions, but I think if Sakura has an "in" to this battle, other than just healing, it will be separating, defeating or reclaiming the Senju connection from Madara. Her with the crazy powerful, laser-precise chakra, she could easily extract the implanted area, and in doing so carry out Tsunade's will as well as surpass her and Kabuto in her medical skills.  

I still think it's too much of a coincidence that Sakura's clan crest and the mark on his forehead are so similar. Kishimoto could have chosen any other symbol. So it's got to mean something. All those symbols are cross-connected, like with the Uchiha comma on the Sage's cloak. It wouldn't surprise me if Hashirama's symbol is somehow connected to Sakura.

Is it really important that the symbols resemble each other? Considering the numerous visual similarities between characters who don't even have any relevance to each other, it should be obvious that Kishi has no reservations with recycling certain physical traits. You can even make out Sakura's insignia on the clothing of several unnamed characters in the background in certain chapters. 

Recycling of symbol

Choji's facial markings are uniquely shaped like the Uzumaki crest, but is there any underlying meaning to it? Or might it be just a coincidence? A simple reprocessing of already established artistic concepts to make Kishi's job more convenient for him? 

Moreover, if his intention was to develop a justification for Sakura's personal involvement in the fight, then why would it remain unexplored for the previous chapters that they have been on the same battlefield? To be fair, I doubt anyone could have anticipated Sai having as integral of a role as he has these past two chapters.  

#70 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

Now that would be great. It's kind of like Elie in Rave where she didn't really take an active part in the fighting until late into the game (and she destroyed the Eldritch Abomination, to boot). But as Atheck pointed out, using Hashirama's SM mark to connect it with Sakura is iffy at best. I think it has nothing to do with her at all. If she's going to get any role, it will be by her own merits as a medic-nin capable of a feat not even Tsunade could pull off. And honestly, seeing Madara essentially reduced to nothing by a mere normal girl with no sort of pedigree unlike Naruto and Sasuke would be satisfying to see. 

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#71 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

Is it really important that the symbols resemble each other? Considering the numerous visual similarities between characters who don't even have any relevance to each other, it should be obvious that Kishi has no reservations with recycling certain physical traits. You can even make out Sakura's insignia on the clothing of several unnamed characters in the background in certain chapters. 

Recycling of symbol

Choji's facial markings are uniquely shaped like the Uzumaki crest, but is there any underlying meaning to it? Or might it be just a coincidence? A simple reprocessing of already established artistic concepts to make Kishi's job more convenient for him? 

Moreover, if his intention was to develop a justification for Sakura's personal involvement in the fight, then why would it remain unexplored for the previous chapters that they have been on the same battlefield? To be fair, I doubt anyone could have anticipated Sai having as integral of a role as he has these past two chapters.  

And the markings are different.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#72 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

I think what Darkrerst is trying to say is that it seems like some posters only care about what Sakura is doing and whether or not she is in the chapter making a huge impact of some sort. The manga is not called "what is Sakura going to do next?" and have every chapter where she makes an appearance and have some huge impact.

I understand that we all favor her, but at times you feel like saying "Really, what were you expecting?" It's get worse when she actually does make an appearance and the same posters make comments that "she is not doing enough." Yeah, you should ignore it, but at the same time perhaps people shouldn't post comments unless they have something useful to add other than "Where is Sakura? Why isn't Sakura here?" It clutters the forum space.

Sakura will play an important role when she needs to and I know she will later down the road. Many have been saying it for a while now and as I mentioned several hundred times that I am not expecting Sakura to make an appearance every time. I think that's what I am trying to say anyway.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 04 December 2013 - 04:35 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#73 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

I think what Darkrerst is trying to say is that it seems like some posters only care about what Sakura is doing and whether or not she is in the chapter making a huge impact of some sort. The manga is not called "what is Sakura going to do next?" and have every chapter where she makes an appearance and have some huge impact.
I understand that we all favor her, but at times you feel like saying "Really, what were you expecting?" It's get worse when she actually does make an appearance and the same posters make comments that "she is not doing enough." Yeah, you should ignore it, but at the same time perhaps people shouldn't post comments unless they have something useful to add other than "Where is Sakura? Why isn't Sakura here?" It clutters the forum space.
Sakura will play an important role when she needs to and I know she will later down the road. Many have been saying it for a while now and as I mentioned several hundred times that I am not expecting Sakura to make an appearance every time. I think that's what I am trying to say anyway.

You know to be fair each member of team 7 has had some form of absence in the manga. Naruto of course gets the least him being the main Character. Kakashi get a fair share of both appearances and not appearing. Sakura while many of us like to see more of her, she at least for most of the time appears in at least one chapter a volume and she is doing something for most part. Sasuke tends to get big moments when he appears, however he has been absent for at least three arcs (kazekage arc, Hidan and Kakuzu Arc & jinchuuriki arc). While all the other members have appeared in at least one chapter in every arc,unless if you count Sakura informing naruto about Tsunade and kakshi talking to her in the kage arc.

#74 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

You know to be fair each member of team 7 has had some form of absence in the manga. Naruto of course gets the least him being the main Character. Kakashi get a fair share of both appearances and not appearing. Sakura while many of us like to see more of her, she at least for most of the time appears in at least one chapter a volume and she is doing something for most part. Sasuke tends to get big moments when he appears, however he has been absent for at least three arcs (kazekage arc, Hidan and Kakuzu Arc & jinchuuriki arc). While all the other members have appeared in at least one chapter in every arc,unless if you count Sakura informing naruto about Tsunade and kakshi talking to her in the kage arc.

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, look at characters like Yamato. We haven't seen him since...what the turtle island?

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#75 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

Yeah, pretty much. I mean, look at characters like Yamato. We haven't seen him since...what the turtle island?

Roughly around 150 chapters. Kinda hoping he would merge with Black Zetsu cause found that idea interesting. Although I have noticed in the volumes Mr Kishi has put him and sai along with team 7 in every character section of all the war volumes given out of all six of them he has appeared in only 1 chapter out all the war ones and that was only the first chapter.

#76 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

The next chapters are going to be great with trying to stop Madara. I like how he got the face on the right of his chest. I think the Kages are going to step in now or a bit later, and maybe with the rest of the alliance too. It's possible that Sakura is going to help them by battling or recover or both. Well, we'll see how the next chapter is going to start.

By the way, is this chapter one of the new volume or not yet ?

Edited by T XD, 04 December 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#77 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

Well, people are going ahead of themselves. If many of us established this as a setup/hype chapter, why should we expect a full blown people all in one chapter? It was clear for those who are in the field remains in the chapter (Hashirama, Naruto, Sai). Sasuke needed that small talk with Madara just to get finally an interaction out of the way. Plus, we need his sword to prove that having him managing to absorb chakra is a dangerous feat. So I didn't mind this chapter at all.

That said since it's the last chapter of the volume, expect a full blown proportion in the next volume. Understand that everyone is not in 100% anymore, though perhaps Bijuus are, so everything will be easier for Madara to handle. Imagine if Obito and Madara did work together since 637, including the revival, though not sure how, but imagine. Like he said, Naruto only did him a favor since they split apart. Now it begs the question, what is the focus for the next volume. Yes, it's Madara, but how it's going to be executed. It was clear that with Obito, it's about the new light (Naruto) along with the people he has with him that will pass through, which is why the focus with others were showing a lot. Now, what is this going to be? Is it going to be a personal? I don't think the style from last fight would be same. It would be like heroes fighting for themselves morale more than teaching him with one alas a full blown villain.

#78 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

I don't feel much invested in this battle, but it was an alright chapter. Surprisingly I didn't mind Sasuke too much here, since he has been put on the backburner for a few chapters so him getting some focus is only expected, I did get a little chuckle though when Naruto told him that attacking randomly was not a very smart idea. That face on Madara chest is still just plain disturbing, :pinch: I don't like looking at it for some reason. And it looks like Madara's going after the bijuu, no surprise there, and it seems likely that he'll probably go after the Kyuubi too, Naruto better watch out.

#79 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

Recycling of symbol

Yeah, obviously I think it has merit enough to be posted. I didn't randomly pick a symbol like tying Choji's cheeks to Naruto's crest. No more than I think Ino is like Kushina they both wore hair barettes.

I'll repeat: It is significant because you could tie a line from Hashirama to Tsunade to Sakura through the direct inheritance of their will and technique. So I think the groundwork is laid if Sakura were to go after Madara, that could be the way it happens. In a way that honors here "inheritance" and even surpasses her mentor and earns a thumbs up from Hashirama.

In this way, Sakura's seal transforming to a senju one could be seen as no different than Naruto's transformation to the frog eyes after learning under Jiraiya.

Let's not forget that Sakura's diamond seal burst onto the manga pages with no foreshadowing whatsoever, and that Sakura has said she hasn't unlocked it all the way. So yeah, the groundwork's there. Again, I said it wasn't a prediction, more of a suspicion.

And to answer the question is it really important that the symbols resemble each other? Yes. There are two modes of storytelling going on here: the literal words, and the visual art. Kishimoto has to be both, but as I've said before, the art comes across without translation, so it's important not to disregard it. We agonize over the turns of phrase, but the imagery conveys just as much of a message. And Kishi has shown many times over that he has planted images that are only unveiled to have significance much later on. 

#80 Baiken

Baiken

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Just a college student interested in a few things such as Sakura Haruno, Game of Thrones, Art, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Harry Potter, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, Justin Timberlake, Parks and Rec.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

I find it hilarious that even with the Kyuubi cloak, Tsuande and Sakura's healing, and the Flying Thunder God tech., the Shinobi Fodder still managed to get one shotted, lol wow. Speaking of the Hiraishin....where's Tobirama? And Hiruzen? I would assume that since the God Tree is no longer a threat atm, they would either be heading to either Obito or Hashirama and Madara.

For those complaining that Sakura is not fighting with Naruto, I'm guessing she is side-by-side with her mentor. Maybe we'll see the 5 Kage with their bodyguards (the glasses swords guy, Temari and Kankuro, etc.) as an elite fighting team, including Sakura.

My second guess would be that she heading to Kakashi (to heal him), and decides it is time to repeat the white-Zetsu elbow-drop. (On black Zetsu, not Kakashi.  :twitch: ) The benefit of that would be to give her time to talk to Naruto's dad.  :fu:

It does seem odd that Sakura being a Kage's right hand assistant would make her less important to the story now, but so be it.

Sakura acting as Tsunade's "bodyguard"? I'm not actually against that. Though that makes me feel bad for Shizune, but I guess Sakura did prove herself so.... 

And even though I'd prefer her fighting alongside her teammates, I wouldn't mind Sakura helping Kakashi and Minato take out Obito/Zetsu. 

I'm not going to get my hopes up again. 20 or so chapters ago, I thought for sure someone would display a third possible sage mode, but it's looking less likely. I think this is it for her character, which sucks but oh welll, I blame it all on Kishi.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users