#61 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ May 25 2011, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could be deceiving myself, but as I mentioned earlier, I don't think Sakura is reacting to "must be in love with a great guy".

I think she is reacting to "anyone that you love(d) must be a great guy". So Sakura thinks of Sasuke as a counter-example. That does not mean that he is first in her heart now, just that he is someone that she used to love who is not a great guy.

Or maybe the face, because Sasuke ruined smthing. Iron country ring any bells? biggrin.gif
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#62 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:53 PM

Masashi Kishimoto is now officially as bad of a Troll Author as Tite Kubo. They should get together and have a troll off.

The shipping stuff... Yeah, I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole. It's a hornet's nest, and I'm allergic to bee stings.

I'm glad that Sakura is finally doing something, instead of waiting for the men to do it for her. That was a seriously nice punch, and she figured out how Zetsu's ability works rather fast with very little information. Kickass.

Like others have said, at the moment, it seems that Naruto might be the only person that can stop these assassinations. His emotion detection would be a godsend right now.

I could do without the pee and breast jokes. It's a war, this isn't the time for stuff like that. Talk about mood whiplash.

#63 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:53 PM

guess you guys missed it too.

i saw something in this chapter. something that made me rethink the entire war and made me realize that madara is more cunning that we thought.

my only clue to this something:

look at the moon.

#64 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:58 PM

The moon looks different from the last chapter.

#65 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ May 25 2011, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could be deceiving myself, but as I mentioned earlier, I don't think Sakura is reacting to "must be in love with a great guy".

I think she is reacting to "anyone that you love(d) must be a great guy". So Sakura thinks of Sasuke as a counter-example. That does not mean that he is first in her heart now, just that he is someone that she used to love who is not a great guy.

Yep, she's thinking that her judgement isn't so great as her admirer thinks, her first love was a guy who was nothing like her fantasy image of him, had no feelings for her, and is now this darkest violent vengence obssessed guy. She doesn't look the least bit in love, she looks like she's hating herself for being so incredibly stupid, and is miserable about how those memories of girlish feelings just makes her feel even worse. (Whew! That's a lot out of a few panels, but in this chapter's case I can see how it would be easy to miss this. That's Kishimoto's problem with writing romance sometime I think he writes even beyond the level of the target audience in Japan. I almost feel you'd need the life expeiences of a twenty-something as well as being Japanese to grasp that quickly...
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#66 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (sakurx @ May 25 2011, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The moon looks different from the last chapter.

its easy to miss. look at the moon and clouds.

#67 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Chew @ May 25 2011, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After reading this chapter, I feel compelled to make an epic NaruSaku AMV showing their development throughout the series. Mwuaha. Ha. Haha. MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH (-maniacal Sasuke laugh-)

But still. Very good chappy. kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

?

#68 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:18 PM

*sigh* So Sakura still "loves" Sasuke. Wow. And all this time, I thought she'd matured.
Let me clarify something here: I do not believe that Sakura has EVER loved Sasuke. All that I've witnessed is her having a childish, fangirlish crush on the popular boy. It's obvious now that she still thinks she "loves" him, but what she's feeling is not love. She's feeling the remains of that past crush and a strong friendship bond with him. She just hasn't matured enough to see that yet, while I thought she had almost as soon as Shippuden began! It truly is disappointing that she hasn't matured past her "Sasuke" phase yet, and I'm starting to wonder if she ever will.
Anyways, I loved the scenes with Itachi and Nagato. Them being two of my favorite characters, I'm glad to see that they're helping one another like this and trying to think things through.
And I'm glad that it really wasn't Neji being mind controlled; I'd hate to see him put into that situation.
By the way... that flashback to Sakura in her old sleeveless outfit... pictureem0.gif
Plus: LMAO @ the two guards trying to see who pees harder XD cracked me up...made me feel sad when they got killed though sad.gif
That being said, it's very clever what Madara did here. Letting the shinobi think that they were winning during the day only to strike them in the night with a blow that they can't avoid without great difficulty: the white Zetsu clones.
Finally, Bee made me lol with his eye-wandering... laugh.gif

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#69 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ May 25 2011, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*sigh* So Sakura still "loves" Sasuke. Wow. And all this time, I thought she'd matured.
Let me clarify something here: I do not believe that Sakura has EVER loved Sasuke. All that I've witnessed is her having a childish, fangirlish crush on the popular boy. It's obvious now that she still thinks she "loves" him, but what she's feeling is not love. She's feeling the remains of that past crush and a strong friendship bond with him. She just hasn't matured enough to see that yet, while I thought she had almost as soon as Shippuden began! It truly is disappointing that she hasn't matured past her "Sasuke" phase yet, and I'm starting to wonder if she ever will.
Anyways, I loved the scenes with Itachi and Nagato. Them being two of my favorite characters, I'm glad to see that they're helping one another like this and trying to think things through.
And I'm glad that it really wasn't Neji being mind controlled; I'd hate to see him put into that situation.
By the way... that flashback to Sakura in her old sleeveless outfit... pictureem0.gif
Plus: LMAO @ the two guards trying to see who pees harder XD cracked me up...made me feel sad when they got killed though sad.gif
That being said, it's very clever what Madara did here. Letting the shinobi think that they were winning during the day only to strike them in the night with a blow that they can't avoid without great difficulty: the white Zetsu clones.
Finally, Bee made me lol with his eye-wandering... laugh.gif

no, my friend. madara is doing more than that. much more.

#70 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:20 PM

Was kinda worried about the moment sasuke showed up on my screen in that pannel but the way he look was very evil looking. So im not to worried about the pairings its going to be NaruSaku. Other than that really good chapter. Loved the peeing part made me alot happiear after the whole thing with Sasuke.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#71 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:22 PM

So this is why the spoiler thread was building up in page numbers.

When I first saw this chapter, my initial thoughts were "Oh crap" or something like that but reading the topic helped me out a bit.

I don't think Sakura still harbors romantic feelings for Sasuke in the present and here's the reason why. I think that when that admirer said the "He must be a really great guy if you're in love with him" quote, it wasn't meant to show that Sakura still had romantic feelings for Sasuke but doesn't know why and hates herself for it. I think it was more of Sakura remembering the past were she was a Sasuke fangirl when Sasuke didn't even give a damn about her or return her affections back and she felt guilty for having such a one-sided crush in the first place instead of falling in love with Naruto much sooner. The reason why I believe this is because I've stated before that I think that Sakura moved on from her romantic feelings/one-sided crush a long time ago during the time-skip between part one and part two and started falling in love with Naruto and that any current feelings she has for Sasuke is that she cares about him in a non-romantic way as a fellow friend and teammate who's keeps going down a dark path and she doesn't like that.

Man the anxiety I'm feeling about the current state of the pairing wars is gonna be annoying for days. arg.gif

#72 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (max acorn @ May 25 2011, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no, my friend. madara is doing more than that. much more.

Oh, no, I'm quite aware of that. I'm just observing that I found this particular method he's using to be quite effective.

AboojTi.gif

#73 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ May 25 2011, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, no, I'm quite aware of that. I'm just observing that I found this particular method he's using to be quite effective.

i mean much much more. it all has to do with the moon.

if i'm right, then this whole war....................................it means nothing.

#74 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:27 PM

Can't really say I enjoy the way Kishi keeps Sakura so emotionally stunted about Sasuke. You could sort of excuse it in the past, but it's coming to a point where it is just unbelievable. Sakura still seeing Sasuke as the guy she likes while knowing she deserves better (obvious by her saddened face). Is this even realistic at this point? I suppose there are girls who see the signs and don't get out, but I never pinned Sakura for someone who would drag it on this long.

Oh well. Her love for Sasuke is never shown in a good light anyways, so it's not like it really will ever happen. As a Sakura fan, it sure is frustrating to see it though. /annoyance

I did enjoy how she took down fake!Neji. Seems Madara didn't really need Kabuto all that much in comparison to Zetsu's ability. Wonder when Kabuto will be on the outs with Madara or spring his trump card.

#75 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (max acorn @ May 25 2011, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i mean much much more. it all has to do with the moon.

if i'm right, then this whole war....................................it means nothing.

Would you mind sharing what you're thinking he's trying to do?

AboojTi.gif

#76 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ May 25 2011, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would you mind sharing what you're thinking he's trying to do?

like i said, it has to do with the moon. look at the moon on page 4. there is something on that page that is impossible. something that shouldn't be there. something that defies logic.

#77 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:33 PM

A cloud behind the moon?

#78 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (max acorn @ May 25 2011, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
like i said, it has to do with the moon. look at the moon on page 4. there is something on that page that is impossible. something that shouldn't be there. something that defies logic.

... I don't see anything that's impossible.

AboojTi.gif

#79 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (sakurx @ May 25 2011, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A cloud behind the moon?

Theres something on the moon like scratches i think thats what there trying to say.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#80 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:36 PM

Next chapter will be epic I can't wait to see Naruto owning Raikage. rawr.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic