#61 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ May 2 2011, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never understood the importance put on coincidences when it comes to dates.

Irony.

#62 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ May 1 2011, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And it only took them 10 years and thousands and thousands of military and civilian lives lost to do it >.>

http://news.yahoo.co...us/us_bin_laden

Actually longer than that, since 1998, when Bin Laden orchestrated the bombing our embassies in Tanzania and Kenya.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#63 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:32 AM

Oh boy.....Richard Engel NBC: The Pakistani's Did Not Know Until the Operation was Underway.

#64 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:56 AM

I need an epic quote for this situation. Find one!

Osama has been Obama'd ... Lol.

#65 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:56 AM

Wha???

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#66 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ May 2 2011, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need an epic quote for this situation. Find one!

Osama has been Obama'd ... Lol.

Obama killed Osama?

Edited by Insurrection, 02 May 2011 - 05:59 AM.

#67 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:20 AM

._. Well I'm a loser, lol.

Anyway, I, personally, think this is a victory for the American people... Others seem to think different though ò_ò

#68 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:22 AM

Ew Boy.....India's spoken out.

Here is the statement issued by Chidambaram on the incident:

Earlier today the United States Government informed the Government of India that Osama Bin Laden had been killed by security forces somewhere "deep inside Pakistan." After the September 11, 2001 terror attack, the US had reason to seek Osama Bin Laden and bring him and his accomplices to justice.

We take note with grave concern that part of the statement in which President Obama said that the fire fight in which Osama Bin Laden was killed took place in Abbotabad "deep inside Pakistan". This fact underlines our concern that terrorists belonging to different organisations find sanctuary in Pakistan. We believe that the perpetrators of the Mumbai terror attack, including the controllers and handlers of the terrorists who actually carried out the attack, continue to be sheltered in Pakistan. We once again call upon the Government of Pakistan to arrest the persons whose names have been handed over to the Interior Minister of Pakistan as well as provide voice samples of certain persons who are suspected to be among the controllers and handlers of the terrorists.

#69 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:35 AM

Since I'm the dumbest person alive... Can someone translate?

#70 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ May 2 2011, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since I'm the dumbest person alive... Can someone translate?

Pakistan hates India

India hates Pakistan

They've fought in 3 wars with each other.

Terrorists from Pakistan attacked Mumbai, India a couple years ago.

BOTH have nuclear weapons.

#71 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:42 AM

You know what this world needs? A real-life Naruto! Yes we all know killing one person won't solve or totally remove the Al-Qaeda threat. So what is the root cause of this problem? I think Kishi is trying to make a statement with this Naruto series. Pain could be compared to Osama and the invasion of Konoha could be compared to 9/11 attacks on the twin towers. The people of Konoha would like Pain to pay for what he had done to Konoha but as Jiraiya and Naruto believed, killing Pain won't solve the problem. Its the shinobi system. So what does the shinobi system represent in the real world?

@Codus N
I'm assuming you're a Muslim from your previous post. If you are, you should know better that other than God, we human beings do not deserve to judge another in the afterlife. He's already dead so lets just give what he's fate will be in the afterlife a rest.

Edited by Darth Krypt, 02 May 2011 - 06:45 AM.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#72 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:43 AM

Maybe in about 40 or 50 years we'll get a movie of Osama hitting a rock with his hands and yelling 'nein nein nein' that can be turned into a viral meme.

Anyway, on a more serious note, it more or less represents the end of an era. The "War on Terror" won't ever really -end-, but gradually it will fade from the forefront of our minds, just like the "War on Drugs", etc etc. Now if we could just conduct a "War on Stupidity", the would would be a much better place.

#73 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:43 AM

Ah! Thank you darling. I appreciate it!

Also, the nuclear weapons part sounds real bad ._.

#74 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ May 2 2011, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know what this world needs? A real-life Naruto! Yes we all know killing one person won't solve or totally remove the Al-Qaeda threat. So what is the root cause of this problem? I think Kishi is trying to make a statement with this Naruto series. Pain could be compared to Osama and the invasion of Konoha could be compared to 9/11 attacks on the twin towers. People would like Pain to pay for what they had done to Konoha but as Jiraiya and Naruto believed, killing Pain won't solve the problem. Its the shinobi system. So what does the shinobi system represent in the real world?

@Codus N
I'm assuming you're a Muslim from your previous post. If you are, you should know better that other than God, we human beings do not deserve to judge another in the afterlife. He's already dead so lets just give what he's fate will be in the afterlife a rest.

You did not just make that comparison.

#75 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ May 2 2011, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well sadly the real world isn't as simplistic as the world of manga. I can only dream...

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#76 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:53 AM

Here's the ridiculous thing about all of this....

How did Osama Bin Laden wind up in a Million Dollar Mansion in a town outside the Capital City of Pakistan near the Pakistani Military Academy. And why that the mansion was built for him five years ago with no one finding him? Something smells.

Edited by Insurrection, 02 May 2011 - 06:56 AM.

#77 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ May 2 2011, 02:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh god this made me laugh.

#78 Zin

Zin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ May 2 2011, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How did Osama Bin Laden wind up in a Million Dollar Mansion in a town outside the Capital City of Pakistan near the Pakistani Military Academy. And why that the mansion was built for him five years ago with no one finding him? Something smells.

Yes...corruption stinks. And worst of all, it's everywhere !!! shamefulcry0js.gif But seriously, human corruption is legendary. Nothing should surprise anyone anymore.
"I've always equated "feelings" with "getting caught"...they both get in the way of my money. Unfortunately not everyone is as committed to their work as I am." - Garrett, Thief:TMA

"A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat." - JC Denton, Deus Ex

Anna: "The Maria Narcissa."
Sam: "Sounds like you're setting me up for another blind date."
Anna: "The Maria Narcissa is a boat."
Sam: "So was the last girl you set me up with."
Anna: "Fisher!"
Sam: "Sorry." - Anna Grímsdóttir and Sam Fisher, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

#79 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ May 2 2011, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's exactly what India seems to be thinking quite honestly. Pakistan's government should have been able to have located him much earlier than this by now if they were truly trying to help. Something happened behind the scenes that let this resurface and finally be resolved. Perhaps Pakistan didn't want more unrest in an already restless region that is literally beginning to tear itself from the seams. I think this India thing won't be put to rest so easily either.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#80 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ May 2 2011, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Codus N

Yeah, I know everything would be up to The Guy Up There, but really, if Allah/God would let me vote which level of hell he should be put in, I'd pick the deepest one and if He was really being generous, he might let me pick what kind of punishment it would be for him. Just my personal opinion, you don't have to take it too seriously.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users