Elder Scrolls V

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#61 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

^^its not just the colors that are changed. the mod sharpens the textures. and makes the lighting more dynamic.
the mod has various flavors while installing. u can choose to have it install just the sharpness tweak while
maintaining the original colors. trust me. you have to try it out atleast once. u can always uninstall it if ya don't like it. and besides. 81KB literally takes 1 second. regardless where on earth you live @_@.

Oh yeah.... forgot to mention. it lets you switch between vanilla and enhanced at the press of a button. anytime.
so you can always switch back smile.gif

#62 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

I feel like getting this game so I can mess around in towns and other areas... hahaha.

#63 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:24 AM

Okay, now have Skyrim (PC version). Have played it for five minutes, and now remember why I absolutely hated playing Morrowind on the PC -- the controls for moving your character around are absolutely horrid! Everything else is fine, but I hate WASD+Mouse as the controls to move your character around while another hand is needed to use spells or something else, and it won't let me configure those particular buttons the way I want. I forgot how bad it was after having played Oblivion on the PS3 (in fact, the GOTY edition was one of the games I picked up as my "three free games" with the purchase of my PS3 however many years ago that was). I figured I'd pick up the PC version this time so I could mod it (or at least download mods, if I get lazy), but I'm starting to regret that.

If I bought a gamepad for the PC, could I get it to work roughly using the same controls (at least for moving and, probably, fighting) as the Oblivion PS3 controls? Never used (or even considered) buying a gamepad for the PC, before this, so I've got no idea what it's capable of.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#64 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (desaix @ Nov 16 2011, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I bought a gamepad for the PC, could I get it to work roughly using the same controls (at least for moving and, probably, fighting) as the Oblivion PS3 controls? Never used (or even considered) buying a gamepad for the PC, before this, so I've got no idea what it's capable of.

Yes, you could. I've seen people buy the Xbox 360 controllers for games like Half-Life or Left 4 Dead on PCs. Just needs tweaking.

#65 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:13 AM

I use the Xbox360 gamepad connected to my comp through the USB to play it. The game was actually made around using the gamepad. I can aim better using WASD and the mouse, but all the contextual menus are made for the gamepad.

#66 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

@ desaix. usin the wired 360 gamepad on pc literally is like playing a super enhanced 360 version.
all the menus and button prompts switch to 360 controls. its been like this for most pc games
that support gamepads specially any pc game that has "games for windows" on its cover. (like skyrim)

#67 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:37 AM

Okay, anyone in PS3 reached the 5mb save data size? Apparently, it starts to lag when you do.

http://www.destructo...s3-216018.phtml

Other comments on the link include controller lagging at 8 mb, playing it for too long in 1 sitting causes lag (which I can kinda attest to, but I haven't played it long enough in 1 sitting to really be too annoyed)....

#68 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Nov 17 2011, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, anyone in PS3 reached the 5mb save data size? Apparently, it starts to lag when you do.

http://www.destructo...s3-216018.phtml

Other comments on the link include controller lagging at 8 mb, playing it for too long in 1 sitting causes lag (which I can kinda attest to, but I haven't played it long enough in 1 sitting to really be too annoyed)....

I have, a bit ridiculous how much worse it runs. I had to sit at a loading screen for a good two minutes after getting munched on by a dragon. Not only that it also takes longer to render everything which gets rather annoying.

JLHza2T.png

#69 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

@ muff. Shoulda grabbed pc ver bro :/
i learnt my lesson with Bethesda specially
after playin the oblivon goty edition on ps3 that
had a similar prob with its savegames....

#70 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

I should have, only problem is I want to run the game at least as well as my ps3 and I don't know if my comp is powerful enough. Looked up the specs and whatnot up buts all techno gibberish to me. Also pc has mods :'(

Edited by Muffins?, 18 November 2011 - 11:54 PM.

JLHza2T.png

#71 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

well.... i can sort out the techno gibberish for ya @_@ what pc ya got ?
if its a laptop gimme the model no. i can tell ya whether the game will
run smooth... :3

#72 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (GoNeKr@zY @ Nov 18 2011, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well.... i can sort out the techno gibberish for ya @_@ what pc ya got ?
if its a laptop gimme the model no. i can tell ya whether the game will
run smooth... :3

Specs

Translate it you magical man you.

JLHza2T.png

#73 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:55 AM

I'm getting a bit more lag, now, mostly while I'm walking around. I haven't gotten anything that's gotten me killed yet, so far.

#74 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:27 AM

Did anyone went through the house of horrors quest? Man I felt sorry for that mage guy.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#75 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Nov 18 2011, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did anyone went through the house of horrors quest? Man I felt sorry for that mage guy.

I did, I felt a little bad afterwards too.

#76 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Nov 18 2011, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did, I felt a little bad afterwards too.

Not at all, a**hole tried to kill me. >.>

JLHza2T.png

#77 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Nov 19 2011, 02:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not at all, a**hole tried to kill me. >.>

We are talking about the mage guy at the ending of the quest, not the beggining.

#78 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Nov 18 2011, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are talking about the mage guy at the ending of the quest, not the beggining.

Yeah just finished quest was too lazy to get around to it before tongue.gif

JLHza2T.png

#79 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

So, an idiot at the programing team must have thought that making fire wizards able to kill you in two hits would be pretty funny, well I'm not laughing... at all. mad.gif

Edit: I'm currently playing on normal at level 20 and a frost dragon bite chunk about 90% of my health.... REALLY? If this was on master difficulty I would understand, but on normal... REALLY?! I starting to get the felling that enemie difficulty gets incredibly umbalanced as I proceed.

Edited by alexander, 19 November 2011 - 07:30 PM.

#80 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Nov 19 2011, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, an idiot at the programing team must have thought that making fire wizards able to kill you in two hits would be pretty funny, well I'm not laughing... at all. mad.gif

Edit: I'm currently playing on normal at level 20 and a frost dragon bite chunk about 90% of my health.... REALLY? If this was on master difficulty I would understand, but on normal... REALLY?! I starting to get the felling that enemie difficulty gets incredibly umbalanced as I proceed.

*Feeling, enemy. Imbalanced

Anyway, fire is really deadly in this game, I feel like. My brother has less trouble fighting Frost Dragons (most likely because he's a Nord, and they have an innate resistance to Frost), than fire breathing dragons, but I do too, and I'm an Imperial.

It's possible that 'Fire Wizard' was a Dragon Priest with his annoying fireball staff I just saw my brother fight. Unless you weren't in Shearpoint.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 19 November 2011 - 08:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users