• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#61 Kyrie

Kyrie

NaruSaku <3

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:~reading and writing stories, watching television. listening to music, playing PC games, game boy and other game consoles and day dreaming!~<br /><br />Anime Addict!<br /><br />NejiTen, NaruSaku, ShikaIno, SasuTen, SasuHina shipper^^ <br /><br />Kakashi-sensei is mine! Nyahahahaha =P

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Feb 27 2012, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aww, that's too bad. Do you spend a lot of time at your desk? I only spend a few hours a day at mine, but I'm already getting tired of seeing all the blank gray space. Other than my computer and phone, I just have a notepad, a pen, and a few paper towels. I'm thinking about bringing some of my engineering textbooks there, since I have a big shelf for that sort of thing. It'd be sort of pointless though, since all the pertinent information I would need I could get off the internet, the company's database, or the senior engineers at the company. On the other hand, I guess a few random textbooks would make me look smarter. tongue.gif

What kind of work do you do at your internship, if you don't mind me asking?

I spend at least 8 hours on my desk. I agree with you, I had a blank cubicle for my first few weeks here and it looks dull. I easily get bored too. Now though, there are actually some stuff toys and other things decorating this temporary cubicle. Some cute designs on my monitor too but I really want to place my whiteboards and cork board up where I can actually use them. Oh, I don't have a shelf! I'm thinking right now whether I should request one for my cubicle. a_plotting.gif But I guess... I kinda won't need i that much. :O

I'm an Information Technology major, in my internship we usually code systems for some clients. We use web based programming languages. I'm not yet that good with it though. sweatdrop.gif

utter cuteness! --Click here to view--

I love God. <3

#62 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (Kyrie @ Feb 27 2012, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I spend at least 8 hours on my desk. I agree with you, I had a blank cubicle for my first few weeks here and it looks dull. I easily get bored too. Now though, there are actually some stuff toys and other things decorating this temporary cubicle. Some cute designs on my monitor too but I really want to place my whiteboards and cork board up where I can actually use them. Oh, I don't have a shelf! I'm thinking right now whether I should request one for my cubicle. a_plotting.gif But I guess... I kinda won't need i that much. :O

Toys and random doodads are awesome, if the company allows it. It's a good way to keep yourself from going crazy staring at the computer all day. argh1.png

And, ooh, a whiteboard's a great idea! I take so many notes and write so many reminders for myself that a whiteboard would be perfect for my desk. I think I still have a small one from college laying around somewhere...

I'm an Information Technology major, in my internship we usually code systems for some clients. We use web based programming languages. I'm not yet that good with it though. sweatdrop.gif

Oh, cool! I have a high school friend who majored in Computer Science, and he does a lot of web-based programming in his current job. I'm decent with C++ and MATLAB, but a lot of that stuff just goes over my head. Sounds like you must be a computer wizard. tongue.gif

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#63 Kyrie

Kyrie

NaruSaku <3

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:~reading and writing stories, watching television. listening to music, playing PC games, game boy and other game consoles and day dreaming!~<br /><br />Anime Addict!<br /><br />NejiTen, NaruSaku, ShikaIno, SasuTen, SasuHina shipper^^ <br /><br />Kakashi-sensei is mine! Nyahahahaha =P

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Feb 28 2012, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Toys and random doodads are awesome, if the company allows it. It's a good way to keep yourself from going crazy staring at the computer all day. argh1.png

Ahaha! Yes, it's okay here, I think. These stuff toys are actually owned by my boss. I'm taking care of them for the moment since he's out of the country and the stuff toys are so cute! I can't resist them! *especially the cute Siberian stuff toy* wow.png
And, ooh, a whiteboard's a great idea! I take so many notes and write so many reminders for myself that a whiteboard would be perfect for my desk. I think I still have a small one from college laying around somewhere...

I agree! The only downside with it is that you need to stock some whiteboard markers. This is the reason why I also have a cork-board. heheelq7.png
Oh, cool! I have a high school friend who majored in Computer Science, and he does a lot of web-based programming in his current job. I'm decent with C++ and MATLAB, but a lot of that stuff just goes over my head. Sounds like you must be a computer wizard. tongue.gif

I'm not familiar with MATLAB... but me?! omfg.gif Nah. I'm average at the most. I can code a program and all that but I'm not a computer whiz like those others. XD I have a bad memory and I needed to refresh what I know every time I use a new programming language.

utter cuteness! --Click here to view--

I love God. <3

#64 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

whatthekitten.gif whatthekitten.gif whatthekitten.gif whatthekitten.gif whatthekitten.gif whatthekitten.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#65 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Mar 4 2012, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

whatthekitten.gif whatthekitten.gif whatthekitten.gif whatthekitten.gif whatthekitten.gif whatthekitten.gif

How come we still havent gotten adult link? Y'know, the 25 year old version.

#66 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Mar 4 2012, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt Nintendo would ever plan to make him that old. The oldest "Adult Link" can get is probably eighteen or nineteen I think.

Besides, making Link older than twenty would just be a turn-off for me. sleep.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#67 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Mar 4 2012, 04:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Coooooooool! wow.png I'd like to see a cross-over game/story where a bunch of the hero's incarnations would team up somehow against some new evil menace. Then afterwards, they could all grab coffee and talk about their exploits. They'd probably all give the Hero of Winds a tough time for being a little kid, till he describes how he flat-out stabbed Ganondorf in the head. That would shut 'em up. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Mar 4 2012, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm, I'm not sure actually. I think having a child or young adult hero just has a broader appeal to players. I imagine if you did a cross section of video game players, the majority would be in the middle school to early college age range. Though I guess for all practical purposes, there's really not much of a difference between 17 and 25 years old in a medieval setting.

Blog Entry No. Blabbity Blah

It's Sunday, and I'm doing laundry. Yippee. All my good college friends were out of town this weekend, so I didn't get the chance to do too much, and it was a pretty boring couple of days. I read quite a bit of Fairy Tail, and am probably only a year or so behind the weekly readers now. I just wish the translators would be consistent with the names. My favorite character, Gazille, seems to jump between being called "Gazille" and "Gajeel". *shrug* I guess I'll wait to see what name they give him in the anime dub, and I'll stick with that. So far, they've used "Erigor", "Laxus", and "Mystogan" for those characters, so it looks like the dub has been pretty consistent with the Fairy Tail fan wiki. I hope they say "Gerard" when they get to that arc. I've always thought "Jellal" was a stupid name.

Outside of my exciting weekend, a few random things are going on. I have a huge project coming up at work, and they want me to work 6am - 2:30pm everyday from 6 March to 14 March. Ugh, looks like I'll have to alter my sleeping schedule. I also have to work next Saturday and Sunday, which stinks, since I was planning on having some high school friends come up on Friday. I guess I'll have to limit myself to only a few brews that night. shamefulcry0js.gif
Anyways, part of me is irked over it, but since I'm not salaried, I'll be making a buttload of extra money in overtime next week. So I guess I really shouldn't complain. happy.gif

Está terminado. Later, blog.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 04 March 2012 - 09:11 PM.

#68 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:19 AM

I think the age Link is at in most of the Zelda games is good enough. smile.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#69 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Feb 27 2012, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aww, that's too bad. Do you spend a lot of time at your desk? I only spend a few hours a day at mine, but I'm already getting tired of seeing all the blank gray space. Other than my computer and phone, I just have a notepad, a pen, and a few paper towels. I'm thinking about bringing some of my engineering textbooks there, since I have a big shelf for that sort of thing. It'd be sort of pointless though, since all the pertinent information I would need I could get off the internet, the company's database, or the senior engineers at the company. On the other hand, I guess a few random textbooks would make me look smarter. tongue.gif

What kind of work do you do at your internship, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks Phantom! happy.gif

Hmm, not too much to report today. I had to attend a company planning session in the morning, but since I'm still a newbie most of the discussion wasn't really relevant to me. The rest of the day went by pretty quick, which is good, since Monday is Bar Trivia Night! We're taking 1st place for sure this time! rawr.gif

Also, I discovered that my greatest fear has a name...

Ah. I see. Good luck with the trivia!1 smile.gif

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Mar 4 2012, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hell Yeah!!! cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#70 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Mar 5 2012, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Coooooooool! wow.png I'd like to see a cross-over game/story where a bunch of the hero's incarnations would team up somehow against some new evil menace. Then afterwards, they could all grab coffee and talk about their exploits.

But... does coffee exist in Hyrule? I think they'd talk about their adventures while enjoying their daily bottles of Lon Lon Milk. tongue.gif

They'd probably all give the Hero of Winds a tough time for being a little kid, till he describes how he flat-out stabbed Ganondorf in the head. That would shut 'em up. tongue.gif

Oh yeah, Toony stabbing Ganondorf right in the head... that's pretty violent for Nintendo. laugh.gif

But yes, I can imagine that actually.

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Mar 5 2012, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes.

Why I love tumblr. --Click here to view--

JA2DBzd.png

#71 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Mar 5 2012, 02:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But... does coffee exist in Hyrule? I think they'd talk about their adventures while enjoying their daily bottles of Lon Lon Milk. tongue.gif

Oh yeah, Toony stabbing Ganondorf right in the head... that's pretty violent for Nintendo. laugh.gif

But yes, I can imagine that actually.

Yes.

Hence the joke "You will not find him so cute when you see what he does to Ganondorf at the end" tongue.gif But to REALLY top the cake, they'd have to put in blood. smile.gif And Lon Lon milk is WASTED on coffee. And that's coming from a coffee lover love.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 05 March 2012 - 09:10 PM.

#72 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Mar 6 2012, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Lon Lon milk is WASTED on coffee. And that's coming from a coffee lover love.gif

But... Lon Lon Milk is better! arg.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#73 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,985 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

Oh, sorry I meant it the other way around. coffee is WASTED on Lon Lon milk!! That's what I meant to say. Lon Lon milk is TOO GOOD for any coffee!! though I am a Coffee lover wub.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 06 March 2012 - 12:48 AM.

#74 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:53 AM

I really need to join Tumblr sometime. tongue.gif

"They don't want none"

#75 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:36 AM

Yes... yes you do.

JA2DBzd.png

#76 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

If I can pull myself away from PSN, I will join tumblr. tongue.gif

"They don't want none"

#77 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Mar 5 2012, 03:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ha ha ha, I suppose so.

Though I'd imagine Skyward Link would prefer Pumpkin Juice. fu.png

Daww, that's what they should have done instead of that romantic getaway into Ghirahim's tornado.

Speaking of Zelda, I just started Hero Mode. I'm not that far; I only just got the Discount Master Sword Goddess Sword. I've been sort of playing around with those multiple-choice questions, and it's pretty funny to see Zelda's reactions to some of them. My favorite was when you respond "Uh-oh" when she asks if you know how the ceremony ends. LOL, she gets so mad, you can tell what she wants. pictureem0.gif

Also, I must have spaced on it during my first playthrough, since I totally forgot that LINK TALKS IN THIS GAME. I mean, not talking per se, but you see his mouth moving as the camera pans away while he explains Zelda's disappearance. This is the biggest thing since that random line during Link and Mido's conversation in OOT. argh1.png

#78 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Mar 8 2012, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Daww, that's what they should have done instead of that romantic getaway into Ghirahim's tornado.

Speaking of Zelda, I just started Hero Mode. I'm not that far; I only just got the Discount Master Sword Goddess Sword. I've been sort of playing around with those multiple-choice questions, and it's pretty funny to see Zelda's reactions to some of them. My favorite was when you respond "Uh-oh" when she asks if you know how the ceremony ends. LOL, she gets so mad, you can tell what she wants. pictureem0.gif

Also, I must have spaced on it during my first playthrough, since I totally forgot that LINK TALKS IN THIS GAME. I mean, not talking per se, but you see his mouth moving as the camera pans away while he explains Zelda's disappearance. This is the biggest thing since that random line during Link and Mido's conversation in OOT. argh1.png

Chilling out in Zelda's room... I see where this is going. fu.png

I wanted to ask, what did you pick when you came across Groose's crew for the first time and he starts acting all smart-ass around you? I think the first time I played the game I picked "bring it on", and in Hero Mode I picked "give him back!" My friend came over during the holidays before school started and when she was playing we came across that particular cutscene, and I was like "dude, I wonder what Groose says when you choose "nice hair"... pick that." I just love how Groose gets all butthurt and defensive over his pompadour.

And concerning Zelda herself, I have to say she's so adorable in this game. wow.png It's nice to see her very cheery and playful. Very different to her "calm, serious princess" personality she usually has.

Oh and for the record, Link physically talks in WW. Don't know if you remember though.

BLASPHEMY. rawr.gif

But I find it really cute in SS when Link makes hand gestures to show that he's talking. snuggle.gif

MOAR TUMBLR SHENANIGANS! --Click here to view--

Remember this? >:) --Click here to view--
Everyone wants to make love with the graphics... plus Link sitting on a chair... LOL. --Click here to view--
And now for some real fanart! :DDDD --Click here to view--

Facebook vs. tumblr.

JA2DBzd.png

#79 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Mar 10 2012, 05:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wanted to ask, what did you pick when you came across Groose's crew for the first time and he starts acting all smart-ass around you? I think the first time I played the game I picked "bring it on", and in Hero Mode I picked "give him back!" My friend came over during the holidays before school started and when she was playing we came across that particular cutscene, and I was like "dude, I wonder what Groose says when you choose "nice hair"... pick that." I just love how Groose gets all butthurt and defensive over his pompadour.

Ha ha ha, that's funny, I actually chose, "Nice hair" a few days ago when I came to that scene. Groose and his stupid pompadour...

And concerning Zelda herself, I have to say she's so adorable in this game. wow.png It's nice to see her very cheery and playful. Very different to her "calm, serious princess" personality she usually has.

I know right? She reminds me more of Tetra than OOT or TP Zelda.
To be honest, the characters in SS sort of remind me of the ones in Wind Waker, only drawn more realistic. Everyone was so vibrant in that game, I'm really glad they sort of brought that back in a non-Toon Link game. happy.gif

Oh and for the record, Link physically talks in WW. Don't know if you remember though.

BLASPHEMY. rawr.gif

Lies! I'll ignore reality and pretend he's saying, "Kamuh!" sleep.gif

MOAR TUMBLR SHENANIGANS! --Click here to view--

Remember this? >:) --Click here to view--
Everyone wants to make love with the graphics... plus Link sitting on a chair... LOL. --Click here to view--
And now for some real fanart! :DDDD --Click here to view--

So much awesomeness in my blog thanks to you, senpai! wow.png

The one with Link sitting down makes me wonder if we'll get a Skyward Sword enhanced port on the Wii U, sort of like TP did. It wouldn't be very original, but I already know how I'd react. fu.png

This is the best thing I have ever seen.

#80 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

It's hard to say what's the better site, but it seems like tumblr is social than Facebook.

"They don't want none"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users