Close
Photo

Sakura Haruno: Opinion and Character Analaysis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
397 replies to this topic

Poll: Sakura Haruno: Opinion and Character (108 member(s) have cast votes)

Opinion of Sakura

1. I love her! She's my favorite! (47 votes [43.52%])

Percentage of vote: 43.52%

2. I really like her, she's one of my favorites (47 votes [43.52%])

Percentage of vote: 43.52%

3. I like her, but she's not a favorite (10 votes [9.26%])

Percentage of vote: 9.26%

4. She's okay, but can be annoying/useless sometimes (4 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

5. I don't care about Sakura (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. I hate Sakura (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#61 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Aug 15 2012, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, easy on the sarcasm and HalfStar, easy on the double posting.

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Aug 15 2012, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No double posting and I'm as cool as a lettuce I just don't think Sakura's weak that's all. There's a big difference between a character with flaws and a character who is weak.

Yeah, I edited my post apologizing for that. It was a mistake. Also yeah, she's not weak but her performance in battle ever since the Sasori fight has been pretty pathetic(except for the Zetsu-Neji, that was badass).

QUOTE (Verilance @ Aug 15 2012, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Without Sakura Chiyo would have lost without even cracking the shell sad.gif my point is not that they didn't aid each other my point is that neither could win without the other...

it was a good example of teamwork

QUOTE (sushi. @ Aug 15 2012, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was Chiyo's knowledge and Sakura's strength that defeated Sasori. Chiyo gave Sakura information, and she used it against him. Never take information about your opponnent's abilities for granted, it might save your life you know. th_tongue.gif

(basically though)

Lol didn't I say it was teamwork in my post?

#62 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Aug 15 2012, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I edited my post apologizing for that. It was a mistake. Also yeah, she's not weak but her performance in battle ever since the Sasori fight has been pretty pathetic(except for the Zetsu-Neji, that was badass).

How can you judge Sakura's battle performance if she hasn't had a battle since the Sasori fight at all??? I can't judge her character in that platform and I can't consider it pathetic.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#63 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Aug 15 2012, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How can you judge Sakura's battle performance if she hasn't had a battle since the Sasori fight at all??? I can't judge her character in that platform and I can't consider it pathetic.

Getting owned by Omoi's kick when she's supposed to be trained in evasion. Unable to stop Sasuke from chocking her even though she's much stronger(physically) than him. That's the only ones I can think of at the moment.

#64 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Aug 15 2012, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Getting owned by Omoi's kick when she's supposed to be trained in evasion. Unable to stop Sasuke from chocking her even though she's much stronger(physically) than him. That's the only ones I can think of at the moment.

1) SAI MISSED OMOI and THATS why she got kicked. sai screwed up, sakura was aiming for karui and she thought sai was handling omoi. but sai missed his attack and omoi went around and attacked sakura instead while sakura was about to land a hit on karui. DONT BLAME HER FOR THAT. (not trying to me mean...ill put a happy face to show im not getting upset--> biggrin.gif biggrin.gif )

2) .....konan!! couldnt stop from being chocked my tobi!! naruto couldnt stop being chocked my sasuke!

being chocked is painful dude!! sad.gif

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#65 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Aug 15 2012, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) SAI MISSED OMOI and THATS why she got kicked. sai screwed up, sakura was aiming for karui and she thought sai was handling omoi. but sai missed his attack and omoi went around and attacked sakura instead while sakura was about to land a hit on karui. DONT BLAME HER FOR THAT. (not trying to me mean...ill put a happy face to show im not getting upset--> biggrin.gif biggrin.gif )

2) .....konan!! couldnt stop from being chocked my tobi!! naruto couldnt stop being chocked my sasuke!

being chocked is painful dude!! sad.gif

1.Still got kicked though...
2.Well...Sakura didn't just have a rod stuck through her stomach and wasn't out of chakra so you can't really compare...lol

Edited by HalfStarStudios, 15 August 2012 - 09:14 PM.

#66 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Aug 15 2012, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1.Still got kicked though...
2.Well...Sakura didn't just have a rod stuck through her stomach and wasn't out of chakra so you can't really compare...lol

1)....how come you cant blame sais aim?

2) naruto wasnt out of chakra when he was first battling sasuke... huh.gif i meant when he first got chocked not when he got a chidori size hole through him XD (he got chocked twice during different times)

Edited by merryGOflava, 15 August 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#67 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Aug 15 2012, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1)....how come you cant blame sais aim?

2) naruto wasnt out of chakra when he was first battling sasuke... huh.gif i meant when he first got chocked not when he got a chidori sized hole through him XD (he got chocked twice during different times)

1.Sais aim? What's that? o:
2.Good point.

#68 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Aug 15 2012, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1.Sais aim? What's that? o:
2.Good point.

1) >:T..........

2) yay :O

#69 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Aug 15 2012, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) >:T..........

2) yay :O

Oh! Sai's aim you meant! Haha sorry.

#70 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Aug 15 2012, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh! Sai's aim you meant! Haha sorry.

>:T............... smack.gif

#71 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Aug 15 2012, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
>:T............... smack.gif

sad.gif

#72 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Aug 15 2012, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's your point? mellow.gif I didn't quote you cuz I disagree with you, I just wanted to. (>:V)

I do agree with you, I just explained it in another way, don't get me wrong. happy.gif

ナルサク

#73 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Aug 15 2012, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's your point? mellow.gif I didn't quote you cuz I disagree with you, I just wanted to. (>:V)

I do agree with you, I just explained it in another way, don't get me wrong. happy.gif

It kinda looked like ya'll were explaining it to me that it was teamwork. lol I wasn't mad or anything which is why I put the "lol".

Edited by HalfStarStudios, 15 August 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#74 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Aug 15 2012, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh I get what you're trying to say you obviously want Kishi to make Sakura a super saiyan defeat Tobi, defeat Madara, defeat Sasuke and the ten tails and bring peace to the shinobi world right??? To me Sakura hasn't disappointed me you're obviously not seeing her change and development in a more characteristic way. Like for example her personality I see the tremendous change of her character from part 1 to part 2 and I don't known what the heck is with you about Sakura changing her mind back and forth about Sasuke, maybe you forgot the MAIN reason why she wanted to help Naruto bring Sasuke back to Konoha it was to help him in anyway possible, She's only doing this for Naruto alone, Naruto is her main focus and his happiness means everything to her. You're complaining that you want her having a major epic battle and honestly I don't think Kishi will do that. Because as I see it Kishi focus more in developing Sakura emotionally than psychically. Right now in the war do you see her crying looking for Sasuke desperately wanting to run into his arms and kiss him? No she's desperately trying to reach Naruto and only Naruto to help him in the fight. If Naruto gets heavily wounded in the fight against Tobi of all the ninjas who will be the one to heal his wounds aside from Kurama??? Hinata will kiss him and heal him rolleyes.gif. Sakura will be the one to treat his injuries, she might assist Naruto in upcoming fights but it won't be something that will put her in the same spotlight as Naruto.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see her in a major battle but after everything Kishi has shown I doubt it. Just because Sakura isn't getting the fighting treatment as Naruto and Sasuke DOESN'T make her weak. You only see her as weak because she's not beating villains in every chapter. She's Tsunade's apprentice she has developed her strength and has proven to have surpassed her, she's the smartest among the rookies next to Shikamaru she managed to figure out Zetsu's secret. I'm going to stop here I don't like when people accused characters for being weak just because they haven't had a fight.

Did you really want me to make that post 4x longer to go on about what makes Sakura a good character? Are you by any chance a selective reader?

QUOTE (Verilance @ Aug 15 2012, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has always bothered my when people say Sakura won because of Chiyo, she didn't, they each had something to contribute in the battle. Chiyo would not have won without Sakura as much as Sakura would not have won without Chiyo.

Sakura alone could have destroyed Sasori's outer shell, Chiyo admitted she couldn't do it.

Sakura devised the strategem to eliminate the puppet third Kazekage, Chiyo had no defense against it so would have been defeated right there.

after awhile Sakura didn't even need Chiyo's help in dodging Sasori's attacks as she had figured out his moves by analyzing his finger movements much as Shikamaru did against Tatuya.

I never said Chiyo could have won without Sakura. What I'm saying is that Chiyo played a very major part is Sasori's downfall, much greater then Sakura's.

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Aug 15 2012, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No double posting and I'm as cool as a lettuce I just don't think Sakura's weak that's all. There's a big difference between a character with flaws and a character who is weak.

It comes down to a matter of what your opinion of weak is doesn't it? Compare her to Tobi, to Madara, to Nagato, to Sasuke, to Naruto, to Itachi, to Orichimaru, to dragon-sage Kabuto, to Riakage.
Now really, do you think Sakura could win a fight against any of those people? Could she even hold her own against them? I don't think so. That's why she's weak.

QUOTE (sushi. @ Aug 15 2012, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was Chiyo's knowledge and Sakura's strength that defeated Sasori. Chiyo gave Sakura information, and she used it against him. Never take information about your opponnent's abilities for granted, it might save your life you know. th_tongue.gif

(basically though)

Knowledge isn't nearly as powerful as a puppet master with decades of war experience who is likely one of the most powerful shinobi of the hidden sand.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#75 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Branden @ Aug 15 2012, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never said Chiyo could have won without Sakura. What I'm saying is that Chiyo played a very major part is Sasori's downfall, much greater then Sakura's.

and that is exactly what I am disagreeing with, I think their contribution is about equal, without Sakura Chiyo would have no chance conversely without Chiyo Sakura would have no chance.

saying that Chiyo contributed to the fight much more than Sakura does a great disservice to exactly Sakura accomplished in that battle.

this is a frequent melody sung by those who hate Sakura for whatever reason. I am not saying that you are one of those btw just saying why I loath that argument so much

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#76 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

[quote name='Branden' date='Aug 16 2012, 01:07 AM' post='406309']
Did you really want me to make that post 4x longer to go on about what makes Sakura a good character? Are you by any chance a selective reader?

how? chiyo would have died without sakura! so would sakura they were EQUAL.

things chiyo did:
1) controlled sakura for the first part of the battle so she could get the hang of it
2)knew sasori's hidden moves
3)used that 10 puppet jutsu to help destroy the 100 puppets
4) saved sakura from getting hit by using the mother and father puppets
5) killed sasori at last moment
6) gave sakura the info and tools (monster ball) she needed

things sakura did:
1) had the strength to destroy that haruka puppet
2) healed chiyo
3) saved chiyo from being sliced
4)made an antidote against sasori's poison
5) destroyed the kazekage puppet on her own
6) saved chiyo from getting stabbed
7)destroyed sasori's first shell on her own (was before chiyo was about to get sliced)
8) destroyed sasori's second shell by throwing that monster ball thing
9) and to a lower extent helped take out some of the 100 puppets without chiyo's help

both sakura and chiyo helped each other equally. chiyo wasnt better off and never was sakura.

#77 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (Branden @ Aug 16 2012, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Knowledge isn't nearly as powerful as a puppet master with decades of war experience who is likely one of the most powerful shinobi of the hidden sand.

How could I ignore their puppetfarms vs puppetfarms? They were all over the place argh1.png

I didn't say that was their killer move, I am simply stating that was a key strategy to defeat Sasori.

ナルサク

#78 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

Alright I over exaggerated when I said Chiyo's role was much greater then Sakura's, but that doesn't change my thoughts on who was more important in that fight, Chiyo.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#79 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:40 AM

Umm, well I used to hate Sakura, then I liked her. Pretty much as simple as that and practically for the same reasons everyone pointed out already.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sakura fight again. The way she punched the Zetsu clone was...brilliant. I loved it. I was laughing and in awe from that one panel. "That's the Sakura I know and love" I thought. "Not the one weeping over Sasuke." Sakura has definitely come a long way since part 1 and she has only gotten better since. Some rough spots, but what character doesn't have them?

I would love to see her fight again and would enjoy seeing her fight practically anybody as long as it was good, but one thing I want to really see is her beliefs and emotions put on the line for one final moment. Every time Sakura made a choice, she always had to choose the choice that was available, not what she wanted. So I want to see that one moment; THE moment where Sakura finally says "This is where I stand. This is who I am and nothing will change that."

Maybe we already have that moment already, but I would like just one more moment where she stands up for her beliefs and choices on freewill, not because of circumstance. I am not sure if I am coming off clearly. If you all don't understand, I am sorry.

QUOTE (ramenanmitsu @ Aug 10 2012, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh and one more!
-Was it only me, who actually hated when Sakura said, "not only me, but we will all fight through this together!" ? I know I might be selfish but she was always sidelined with the rest of the villagers or rookie 9 even though she's the main character and member of team 7. Why, when she finally might get a fight, she is going to fight along the side side characters of rookie 9? My only hope is that Kabuto is still alive, and she will get the slug mode and fight him. And Kishi better not slack off her development, using the Naruto movie as excuse!

If I may say, I actually liked what she said for this reason. (I'm sorry mods, but I am going to somewhat bash Hinata here. I can't say what I want to without putting down Hinata's character a little bit. So forgive me. It will have a point, trust me)

It has shown how far Sakura has gotten to understanding herself. In Part 1, she was selfish and we all admit that. It was all about her; her looks, her "crush", her reputation, her life. She has grown up since then and it shows. She doesn't see herself as better or sees herself out as something special anymore. Yeah she is special, but she doesn't think that this makes her better, just different. Previously, she wanted to stand out and for the popular kids to notice her, yet learned that the not-so-popular kids (ex. Naruto and Rock Lee) were the ones who saw her the most.

Compare and contrast this to what Hinata has said where she said that she is going to be with Naruto and hold his hand and such. While she is nice and her character reflects that, she has also gotten more selfish. I am glad she got confidence, but she looks like she is only doing this for Naruto and that's it.

Sakura on the other hand shows that she knows it is not just about her. It is not just about what she wants and how she feels. She loves Naruto, but she understands that she has to think about others. "not just me..." She has her own agenda, but knows that it is not about her. It is about Naruto. It is about the others. She is putting his needs before her own and she wants to support him no matter what decision he makes. That alone speaks bounds. That's why I like that scene.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 16 August 2012 - 12:59 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#80 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:44 AM

QUOTE (Branden @ Aug 16 2012, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright I over exaggerated when I said Chiyo's role was much greater then Sakura's, but that doesn't change my thoughts on who was more important in that fight, Chiyo.

why? because she killed sasori?

or because she had the intel? whats the point if you cant use it?

i dont think thats a good reason.

sakura was pretty much the brute force in the fight.

if chiyo was more important, why did sasori praise sakura's skills and give her the info to find sasuke??

but...i guess we could agree ti disagree. sad.gif

Edited by merryGOflava, 16 August 2012 - 12:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users