#61 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jul 18 2012, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know I think that a lot of things that are ENORMOUSLY popular tend to get a lot of hate at the same time maybe because fans frequently find newcomers to their fandom annoying and nonsensical' like for instance saying their favorite character is the strongest for no reason other than a no-basis bias, and often say things that annoy the hell of the long time admirers in question due to lack of etiquette, or just mindless fan rambling. Happens here too as far as I can tell; A lot of us are sometimes at odds with new comers that say thing that intentionally or not, start an exchange that eventually leads to verbal abuse and One side or the other gets fed up and just wants to hate what they once enjoyed because the happiness was sapped by some pointless argument. That's My guess anyway. It came up cause my brother said something about that with Anime and video games.

Well, I can definitely relate to that.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#62 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Jul 18 2012, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is off topic to, but I haven't had a chance to say it.

WASSUP SHRINER!

Long time no see!

#63 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Jul 18 2012, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chapter 458 says hi.

Wow. Apparently she really is that stupid. Did she think all of those requests for dates, constant fawning and adoration for teh lulz? I have to say, if she didn't realize it before now, she is either really, really thick-headed, or she was too wrapped up in her own drama for large, important portions of the story to notice. Either way, not very faith inspiring.
On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#64 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Jul 18 2012, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow. Apparently she really is that stupid. Did she think all of those requests for dates, constant fawning and adoration for teh lulz? I have to say, if she didn't realize it before now, she is either really, really thick-headed, or she was too wrapped up in her own drama for large, important portions of the story to notice. Either way, not very faith inspiring.

I'd have to go with the bolded.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#65 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Ok, ET thread Jutsu activate!!! ninja.gif

All right, so I have this little rant I want to make. It amazes me to this day at how many people still hate Obito being Tobi. I really don't get it. Honestly, there were a couple of hints that has already been dropped way before this happened.

-Tobi's jutsu which looks so similar in principle to Kakashi's jutsu.
-Tobi being able to cancel out Kakashi's Kamui.

This all happened before the war, mind you. Not only that, Obito being the one behind the mask is the best choice instead of Izuna or another random Uchiha we wouldn't care about. This is because Obito was a character we cared about in the Gaiden. Him turning evil would've kept us glued to the story and made it much more enjoyable because we would all be wondering how he had fallen so low.

Not only that, it finally gives some needed spotlight to a main character that has been largely ignored in the series. A main character that we really cared about besides the hero himself. So really, Obito being Tobi was inevitable. Hell, I think Kishi was smart enough to keep promising that Kakashi arc while teasing with Tobi's identity.

He was basically hinting Tobi is Obito all the time.

To this day, I still don't understand the denial some fans have regarding his identity.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#66 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,845 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

I have to admit: I did not like the idea of that Obito was really Tobi/Masked Man not because it wasn't the fact that it was obvious. It was the purpose of why trying to tarnish an actually good Uchiha member who has similar qualities with the main star of the series. Unlike the theory with Minato being Naruto's father that was hinted way back by Itachi during his debut, there wasn't any backup materials helping that out to make the Obito=Tobi theory sense and likable (and this was my mindset before Madara's joining the battlefield in 600 to make the plot more sense and make it more intriguing).

But now, I'm actually alright with the idea, just to give Kakashi more background, which Kishimoto hinted almost 3 years ago.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#67 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

To me the Tobi = Obito theory seemed a bit ridiculous, mostly because the main reason behind it seemed to be that the name Tobi sounded very similar to Obtio. My other reason for not liking it was basically that it just seemed too obvious.

But right now, I'm totally okay with it. Kishi really managed to keep me guessing right until the end and I love it when that happens. a_thumbs.gif Also, I don't think I've been this excited for a new manga chapter in a long time. wink.gif

fly to live, Aces high

#68 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

All right, that is exactly why I don't get some people.

Is it a bad thing if something becomes "predictable" in a story?? just because it's predictable, doesn't mean it's a bad thing. It could be a good thing, given the right reasons.

Is it a bad thing to see a likable/beloved character fall to the lowest of the low?? to be honest, I think this is the reasoning I hate most regarding Obito. Doing a broken pedestal story to me, was the best thing Kishi's ever done to us. Reason why is Kakashi. I don't get why people were so against it at first, because I knew that if Obito is in fact Tobi, we'd be heartbroken, just like Kakashi is going through now, isn't it a great thing to be able to connect emotionally with a character??

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#69 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Oct 9 2012, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To me the Tobi = Obito theory seemed a bit ridiculous, mostly because the main reason behind it seemed to be that the name Tobi sounded very similar to Obtio. My other reason for not liking it was basically that it just seemed too obvious.

But right now, I'm totally okay with it. Kishi really managed to keep me guessing right until the end and I love it when that happens. a_thumbs.gif Also, I don't think I've been this excited for a new manga chapter in a long time. wink.gif

You are excited because he ended on a cliffhanger.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#70 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Oct 9 2012, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All right, that is exactly why I don't get some people.

Is it a bad thing if something becomes "predictable" in a story?? just because it's predictable, doesn't mean it's a bad thing. It could be a good thing, given the right reasons.

Is it a bad thing to see a likable/beloved character fall to the lowest of the low?? to be honest, I think this is the reasoning I hate most regarding Obito. Doing a broken pedestal story to me, was the best thing Kishi's ever done to us. Reason why is Kakashi. I don't get why people were so against it at first, because I knew that if Obito is in fact Tobi, we'd be heartbroken, just like Kakashi is going through now, isn't it a great thing to be able to connect emotionally with a character??

No, just becasue something is predictable most certainly doesn't mean its a bad thing. Some might argue that NS is a predictable pairing, but that doesn't make it a bad pairing. It's all about the execution. If something is done well, I honestly don't mind it being obvious or predictable or cliche.

The reason why the Tobi = Obito theory seemd too obvious to me was because of the revelation that Tobi was actually Madara Uchiha. To me that was such an ingenious piece of storytelling and it completely caught me off guard. As such, I simply dismissed the Tobi = Obito theory because all it really that going for it was that their names were kind of similar and they were both missing an eye ( or at least it seemed that way with Tobi).

However, the fact that the Tobi = Obito theory actually turned out to be true doesn't bother me at all, because so far, it's been handled very well.

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Oct 9 2012, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are excited because he ended on a cliffhanger.

No, I'm excited because Obito's fall into darkness really intrigues me. That and the fact that we will finally know what happened to Rin,

fly to live, Aces high

#71 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:58 AM

No, just becasue something is predictable most certainly doesn't mean its a bad thing. Some might argue that NS is a predictable pairing, but that doesn't make it a bad pairing. It's all about the execution. If something is done well, I honestly don't mind it being obvious or predictable or cliche.

Completely agreed. Every time I hear someone telling "I like Y and I hate X because it is such a cliche" I feel how shaking my head and stating "Yes, X is a cliche... right like Y and anything you like. EVERYTHING is a cliche!"

I don't care about some cliches, but it does not mean I can't like a series/character uses them. It depends on how they are executed.

And not to sound like if I was gloating (like if it was something worth gloating over!) but after thirty years I have watched/read so many series that anything seems cliche and predictable to me for this point. So that if I was to turn something down on the grounds of it being cliche I hardly would be able to read/watch something.

Hence, I no longer care about something being cliche or not. I care whether it entertains me or not.

Predictability is not a bad thing, either. A story needs to give hints about how it will unfold... or else it will loo like a chain of incomprehensible, unconnected events, or any plot twist will seem a Deus Ex Machina the writer came up with at the last minute to save their hide.

Regarding the Tobi's subject, nobody can tell it came out of nowhere. There WERE hints. I remember them because I hated the Tobi=Obito theory and those hints annoyed me because they made me thinking maybe he was Obito after all.

In case of someone is interested, I hated the theory because: it made no sense to me; and the first time I heard it, the arguments supporting it sounded very lame ("Their names are nearly identical!", "They wear the same haircut!", "Obito was a good boy... and Tobi is a good boy!").

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#72 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Oct 10 2012, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Completely agreed. Every time I hear someone telling "I like Y and I hate X because it is such a cliche" I feel how shaking my head and stating "Yes, X is a cliche... right like Y and anything you like. EVERYTHING is a cliche!"

I don't care about some cliches, but it does not mean I can't like a series/character uses them. It depends on how they are executed.

And not to sound like if I was gloating (like if it was something worth gloating over!) but after thirty years I have watched/read so many series that anything seems cliche and predictable to me for this point. So that if I was to turn something down on the grounds of it being cliche I hardly would be able to read/watch something.

Hence, I no longer care about something being cliche or not. I care whether it entertains me or not.

Predictability is not a bad thing, either. A story needs to give hints about how it will unfold... or else it will loo like a chain of incomprehensible, unconnected events, or any plot twist will seem a Deus Ex Machina the writer came up with at the last minute to save their hide.

Regarding the Tobi's subject, nobody can tell it came out of nowhere. There WERE hints. I remember them because I hated the Tobi=Obito theory and those hints annoyed me because they made me thinking maybe he was Obito after all.

In case of someone is interested, I hated the theory because: it made no sense to me; and the first time I heard it, the arguments supporting it sounded very lame ("Their names are nearly identical!", "They wear the same haircut!", "Obito was a good boy... and Tobi is a good boy!").

QFT.

Regarding the subject of Tobi, I pretty much stuck to the Tobito theory once I realized its anagram. Hell, even TvTropes confirmed that there are several examples of this anagram variation, it's known as Significant Anagram. So even if you hated the theory, you can't deny it WAS a hint, nonetheless. If TvTropes had been well-known enough back in the day when this theory arose, it would've prepared a lot of people for it.

Not only that, when Kishi revealed he would do a "Kakashi arc", my thoughts instantly went to Tobi. Tobi being Obito would've been the most logical decision on Kishi's part because we all know how Obito affected Kakashi's character so much.

Imagine if he became the greatest enemy Kakashi would have to face, not just physically, but mentally, as well.

As for the rest of the reasons, I took them more as a joke and crack reasons on why it's Obito. But still, I can't help the whole "Tobi is a good boy" thing might have been the earliest hint Kishi gave laugh.gif .

248793.jpg

#73 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

http://weeaboobies.t...post/3225308522

When I posted this topic about this fandoms inner hatedom, I was thinking about the type of fans that the Bleach fanbase is depicted as in this comic. These types of fans can really be obnoxious no matter what fandom you're in if you ask me.

#74 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Oct 29 2012, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://weeaboobies.t...post/3225308522

When I posted this topic about this fandoms inner hatedom, I was thinking about the type of fans that the Bleach fanbase is depicted as in this comic. These types of fans can really be obnoxious no matter what fandom you're in if you ask me.

"weeaboobies"
> weeaboo
weeaboo
weeaboo
weeaboo
weeaboo

weeaboo
really?

do you still consider their arguments?

Edited by dovahkiin, 29 October 2012 - 05:34 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#75 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Oct 29 2012, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"weeaboobies"
> weeaboo
weeaboo
weeaboo
weeaboo

weeaboo
really?

do you still consider their arguments?

I'm referring to the comic itself, not the people who posted this on their blog. The name of the blog could just be a name and nothing more, even if they are the type of people who put Japan on the top of the world and shun everything none japanese, I wouldn't agree with them because I don't view Japan or any other nation as a shining example that everyone should follow without question. I was just simply stating that I find a lot of the "LOLOLOLOLTHISSERIESSUCKSTHECREATORISATROLLLOLOLOLOL" people within a fandom to be quite obnoxious.

I'm not saying someone can't poke fun at a popular series whether they follow it or not, because as someone else said on this very thread, just because something is popular, that doesn't garentee it a stamp of quality, nor does it earn a reputation as being the undisputed equivalent to a pile of kitten, it just means that it has wide appeal. I'm just saying that I don't have to find those particular kinds of fans clever or witty or funny. To me, they only seem to cause themselves more agony by making fun of a series that they clearly lost all enjoyment value to begin with. There's a difference between pointing out glaring flaws within a story while still managing to find some enjoyment out of keeping up with it until the very end and being obnoxious about a series to the point were people start to question why you're even paying attention to the story in the first place.

I'm fine with people leaving a series they don't enjoy anymore and don't mind them making jokes about it as long as they conduct themselves professionally and actually do make clever jokes about the series from the beginning until the very point the stopped caring about it altogether enough to not want to know how it ends without coming across as one of those "LOLOLOLOLTHISSUCKSOHCREATORYOUTROLLYOULOLOLOLOL" type of guys.

By the way, thanks for posting an image worth downloading as always.

Edited by K9ofChaos, 29 October 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#76 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Oct 29 2012, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm referring to the comic itself, not the people who posted this on their blog. The name of the blog could just be a name and nothing more, even if they are the type of people who put Japan on the top of the world and shun everything none japanese, I wouldn't agree with them because I don't view Japan or any other nation as a shining example that everyone should follow without question. I was just simply stating that I find a lot of the "LOLOLOLOLTHISSERIESSUCKSTHECREATORISATROLLLOLOLOLOL" people within a fandom to be quite obnoxious.

I'm not saying someone can't poke fun at a popular series whether they follow it or not, because as someone else said on this very thread, just because something is popular, that doesn't garentee it a stamp of quality, nor does it earn a reputation as being the undisputed equivalent to a pile of kitten, it just means that it has wide appeal. I'm just saying that I don't have to find those particular kinds of fans clever or witty or funny. To me, they only seem to cause themselves more agony by making fun of a series that they clearly lost all enjoyment value to begin with. There's a difference between pointing out glaring flaws within a story while still managing to find some enjoyment out of keeping up with it until the very end and being obnoxious about a series to the point were people start to question why you're even paying attention to the story in the first place.

I'm fine with people leaving a series they don't enjoy anymore and don't mind them making jokes about it as long as they conduct themselves professionally and actually do make clever jokes about the series from the beginning until the very point the stopped caring about it altogether enough to not want to know how it ends without coming across as one of those "LOLOLOLOLTHISSUCKSOHCREATORYOUTROLLYOULOLOLOLOL" type of guys.

By the way, thanks for posting an image worth downloading as always.

all weeaboos says that naruto sucks.
it was clearly obvious when they posted that, they made a biased comparation between naruto, bleach and one piece and even said something about fandom it''s not the name of the blog but i checked who was the user and yes he was a weeaboo being weeaboo makes arguments invalid.

Edited by dovahkiin, 29 October 2012 - 09:22 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#77 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Oct 29 2012, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
all weeaboos says that naruto sucks.
it was clearly obvious when they posted that, they made a biased comparation between naruto, bleach and one piece and even said something about fandom it''s not the name of the blog but i checked who was the user and yes he was a weeaboo being weeaboo makes arguments invalid.

Once again, I was talking about how I view fans with the mindset of the Bleach fan to be obnoxious. I don't care what fandom the fan is from, one could be a fan of any show and I would still find the person who acts obnoxiously about how terrible the show is despite following it regularly annoying. I'm not looking at this from a weeaboo perspective because I'm not one. I'm not a sub-zealot who praises the Japanese language despite lacking the knowledge to speak it. I prefer dubs because I find it easier to watch something because then I don't have to pause the video just to read a subtitle. And last time I checked, the Naruto fanbase has earned itself a reputation for being chock-full of weeaboos. I can see why one might view that comic as biased, but I didn't get offended by it at all, because I was looking at it from a neutral perspective. In my opinion, I thought it made fun of both fandoms equally, while you thought it was biased. I could be totally wrong about the intentions of the person who originally made the comic, but again, it all has to do with perspective. I didn't post this with the uploader's weeabooness in mind because it didn't matter when it came to my intentions. Said intention was to provide a visual picture of the type of fan I was talking about.

#78 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Oct 29 2012, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once again, I was talking about how I view fans with the mindset of the Bleach fan to be obnoxious. I don't care what fandom the fan is from, one could be a fan of any show and I would still find the person who acts obnoxiously about how terrible the show is despite following it regularly annoying. I'm not looking at this from a weeaboo perspective because I'm not one. I'm not a sub-zealot who praises the Japanese language despite lacking the knowledge to speak it. I prefer dubs because I find it easier to watch something because then I don't have to pause the video just to read a subtitle. And last time I checked, the Naruto fanbase has earned itself a reputation for being chock-full of weeaboos. I can see why one might view that comic as biased, but I didn't get offended by it at all, because I was looking at it from a neutral perspective. In my opinion, I thought it made fun of both fandoms equally, while you thought it was biased. I could be totally wrong about the intentions of the person who originally made the comic, but again, it all has to do with perspective. I didn't post this with the uploader's weeabooness in mind because it didn't matter when it came to my intentions. Said intention was to provide a visual picture of the type of fan I was talking about.

Yes i understand now, wich is they makes the people who watch those animes to be a kid, just see the last reaction faces maybe if they speak "desu" more often they became japanese.
SK-303_image007.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users