• This topic is locked This topic is locked
477 replies to this topic

#61 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:42 PM

I got it! And it's amazing! Graphics are so crisp and colorful. Game play is still the same classic Street Fighter we all know and love. Well it's kinda hard for me because I'm used to 3D and it's tough to get used to but it's still fun as Hell. Now if only I could stop getting my ass kicked that would be great.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#62 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:17 PM

Is anyone else having trouble with Seth? Christ even on easy he takes a few tries to beat. It took me twenty times on medium to finally beat him. Not only can he teleport everywhere, but he uses Zangief's grapple. kitten is so annoying! I know bosses are supposed to be hard, but he's ridiculously cheap.

Besides that I'm having fun! The game has crisp graphics and runs smoothly. The only slight difficulty is the 360's D-pad isn't the smoothest to use so it take some time to get used to. I'm working with Dan and Sakura right now. I don't know how they could say Dan was low tier in SFIV because he plays great when I use him and I've heard others say so as well.

#63 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (True @ Feb 19 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is anyone else having trouble with Seth? Christ even on easy he takes a few tries to beat. It took me twenty times on medium to finally beat him. Not only can he teleport everywhere, but he uses Zangief's grapple. kitten is so annoying! I know bosses are supposed to be hard, but he's ridiculously cheap.

Besides that I'm having fun! The game has crisp graphics and runs smoothly. The only slight difficulty is the 360's D-pad isn't the smoothest to use so it take some time to get used to. I'm working with Dan and Sakura right now. I don't know how they could say Dan was low tier in SFIV because he plays great when I use him and I've heard others say so as well.

Great... Seth is cheap... I hope he isn't like the previous SNK-Syndrome bosses in the past, (the last one of one of those bosses was Alpha-152 from Dead or Alive 4)

And I'm not sure about Dan but from what I'm heard why he's low-tier is because of his moves, especially the Godouken have a short range.

Best way to beat the boss is put the difficulty on Easy so you can unlock the stuff faster.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#64 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:00 PM

quite frankly i hope you all choke dry.gif

im low on cash so im going to have to wait shamefulcry0js.gif

enjoy though

Edited by Illmatic, 19 February 2009 - 10:00 PM.

#65 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:55 PM

For those who do not have an official strategy guide:

http://mycheats.1up....hter_4/xbox_360

Gives you the cheats and tips of how to master the characters.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#66 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:14 PM

The game is really a lot of fun, guys. smile.gif I know it just from playing it so far and because of me being an SF fan. All I can say is, even if going back to old school, Capcom has done a helluva job with making this game even better yet still as fun as Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike is.

Bryon

#67 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:17 PM

I hate myself for letting the 360 stay back home when I left for school again, but I hope my grades will make up for it. I'm having withdrawals from lack of gaming though, so I might pick up Chrono Trigger for the DS or something, and play around with that until I can get my mitts on the Street Fighter game after the semester is over.

#68 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:37 AM

I like this game....but I ****ing hate Seth.

uc.png

#69 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:21 AM

I got home from work yesterday, and the Collector's Edition was waiting for me. biggrin.gif A little nap later, I watched the bonus movie (it's OK, nothing remarkable), then played the game.

The box had the following:
  • Ryu & Crimson Viper figures (non-posable)
  • HD Street Fighter movie "The Ties That Bind"
  • Collector's Hint Book detailing the new characters, their moves, and a combo each, in a comic-book style.
  • Brawler Pack (alt. costumes for Abel, E. Honda, Zangief, Rufus, and El Fuerte)
  • and of course some sort of game called Street Fighter IV...
On my first go, I was actually getting frustrated. I chose Guile and played Arcade Mode on Medium. I had real problems with performing Sonic Booms and Flash Kicks, I was able to win the fights, but I was getting very annoyed with the failed attacks.

Then I dumped the Hori stick and picked up the 360 controller. What a difference! The analog stick feels a lot more precise to me, and I found myself absolutely loving the game. biggrin.gif

I've unlocked everyone except for Akuma, Gouken and Seth. My favourite character is definitely Chun-Li as she has a great range of Unique Attacks that work great in combos, and I find Abel interesting. It seems that there a lot of Ryus and Kens on online play, so I'd like to stand out with a different character.

Is anyone else loving the amount of details in the stages? biggrin.gif It's fun to see what drops/falls over when I slam my opponent into the ground. I even made a cyclist fall off his bike in the downtown China stage. XD

BTW, tip for Seth: Keep using quick attacks on him and get in close whenever you can. He's not too hard if you can get in his face.

#70 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:29 PM

Is this Seth guy anywhere near as cheap as Gill? I'm not a hardcore fan of Street Fighter or anything, but I recall Gill well enough. I also recall him being a complete tool.

I'm signing up for Gamefly next month, so I'm thinking, considering a lot of people seem to be enjoying it, that I might give it a rent. Can't hurt eh?
bd5.jpg

#71 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:48 PM

Seth is nowhere near as bad as Gill. Now that was one cheap boss. sleep.gif;

You're right, it can't hurt to give it a rent if you can find a copy. smile.gif I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Derock, thanks for linking to that game guide. Helpful read. biggrin.gif

My hands are still hurting after Challenge Mode. I finally completed the second-to-last Normal Trial for Chun-Li. One more to go, then it's the Hard Trials! The trials are punishing, but a great idea for improving your skills.

#72 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:43 PM

No prob! biggrin.gif

But why is everyone having trouble with Seth? I said, "Put the difficulty on Easy!" XDDD

latest?cb=20140126021943

#73 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 21 2009, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seth is nowhere near as bad as Gill. Now that was one cheap boss. sleep.gif;

You're right, it can't hurt to give it a rent if you can find a copy. smile.gif I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Derock, thanks for linking to that game guide. Helpful read. biggrin.gif

My hands are still hurting after Challenge Mode. I finally completed the second-to-last Normal Trial for Chun-Li. One more to go, then it's the Hard Trials! The trials are punishing, but a great idea for improving your skills.

No kidding, Smiter, but I'll say that Seth is a close second of the cheapest Street Fighter bosses, with Gill taking the top place for sure. tongue.gif

Yes! I do think Challenge Mode is really handy for practicing, even if the challenges are a b*tch to work with. XD Seriously, I am stuck on Guile's fourth challenge simply because of how hard it can be to do Double Flash followed by Flash Explosion. XD But sometimes I think I fluke out on those, but who knows? I'm no expert like a lot of guys out there are, but I like to think I got some decent skills.

I know how you feel about your hands, since my thumbs can hurt a good bit too, Smiter. XD Especially since it's so tough! But I also am focusing on Time Attack and Survival challenges for now. happy.gif

It also is nice to rock to the versions of The Next Door by Last Exile.

Bryon

#74 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:34 AM

Hmm, I should check out Time Attack and Survival. smile.gif I think they give out more character colours and taunts, right? It's a cool idea to earn them instead of having them readily available, it just gives you even more incentive to play the game!

I just learnt a really cool tip. You can cancel Focus attacks with a dash... to run THROUGH fireballs! I'm going to practise that so I can give my Ryu-playing friend a nasty shock when he gets here. XD Combine that with Chun-Li's fireball-countering moves (such as Hazanshu and her Ultra), and I hope I can give him a really good fight. wink.gif

I'm so loving the amount of detail in the gameplay. Not only that, but Street Fighter 4 still feels so wonderfully accessible to everyone - a vast improvement over the unforgiving SF3.

#75 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 22 2009, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, I should check out Time Attack and Survival. smile.gif I think they give out more character colours and taunts, right? It's a cool idea to earn them instead of having them readily available, it just gives you even more incentive to play the game!

I just learnt a really cool tip. You can cancel Focus attacks with a dash... to run THROUGH fireballs! I'm going to practise that so I can give my Ryu-playing friend a nasty shock when he gets here. XD Combine that with Chun-Li's fireball-countering moves (such as Hazanshu and her Ultra), and I hope I can give him a really good fight. wink.gif

I'm so loving the amount of detail in the gameplay. Not only that, but Street Fighter 4 still feels so wonderfully accessible to everyone - a vast improvement over the unforgiving SF3.

Yeah, it is. smile.gif I agree fully hearted on that, plus having the alternate costumes as DLC could make things fun.

Nice. I'm sure you can figure it out.

No kidding. SF4 is like that because of it being more like Street Fighter 2. 3 isn't so bad once you get the hang of it, and it can be so much deeper than 4, with 4 having its' own unique tactics forms and such compared to the stuff that 4 has got going on for it.

Bryon

#76 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:53 AM

It's official, I flat out SUCK at this game! I haven't won a single match online. No matter what character I use, the end result is still the same. Me getting my ass kicked by people who are ten times better than I am. So I'm gonna just give up for the time being. I don't know what it is with me but I'm so much better at 3D fighters.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#77 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:06 AM

It takes time. Of course the Street Fighter series IS difficult to master, mastering all of those advance and expert combos with special moves and supers/hypers/ultras, etc. with circular and charged motion, it will hurt your hands. Unlike other series like DOA and Soul Calibur, which many can master the combos in a matter of seconds.

That's why there's a Training/Practice mode now at days in every fighting series so players can try to be the pros in mastering the advance combos and techniques. I know I'm NOT a Pro, despite my love of the series, because it will hurt my hands and my excecution of most moves, especially the charged specials/supers/hypers, etc. is a little off (I can pull them off though single-handly, its the quick execution during combos are a major pain, literally).

latest?cb=20140126021943

#78 racerxdsr

racerxdsr

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 21 2009, 04:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then I dumped the Hori stick and picked up the 360 controller. What a difference! The analog stick feels a lot more precise to me, and I found myself absolutely loving the game. biggrin.gif

Meant to ask. Which Hori stick you do you have? Plan on getting a Hori Pro Arcade 3 stick for the PS3. Just wondering your pros and cons. I read you switched to the 360 controller. I prefer arcade sticks for fighting games. Just wanted to ask someone who actually has one.

Thanks.

#79 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (NuclearRaven @ Feb 23 2009, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's official, I flat out SUCK at this game! I haven't won a single match online. No matter what character I use, the end result is still the same. Me getting my ass kicked by people who are ten times better than I am. So I'm gonna just give up for the time being. I don't know what it is with me but I'm so much better at 3D fighters.

The one disadvantage that SFIV has over 3D fighters is you can't side step which takes away from your ability to counter and protect yourself from your opponents attacks. That's why you have to really practice with blocking and dodging and timing everything at preciously the right moment in order to protect your health. That was one of my biggest mistakes when first playing fighting games (and still something I work on), is you have to focus on defending as much as you do attacking.

I'd suggest going to the challenge mode and trying the time trail. It'll help you learn a certain characters moves as well as taking on different opponents and learning their skills and abilities which in turn improves yours. Work on a character you like best and stick with it.

I personally decided to change the controller settings so I could pull off certain moves easier since my fingers have their own innate reaction to triggering certain buttons. Right now my characters that I'm working with are Akuma, Dan, Rose, and Sakura. My friend has always used Akuma since we played during SF Alpha 3 and I finally decided to give him a shot in SFIV and I have to say I'm really enjoying using him. His Ultra combo always used to get me when I played against my friend, so its fun to finally pull it off myself! smile.gif Also, I've heard that C. Viper is really popular in Japan and considered one of the top tier characters so I might practice with her as well.

One thing I really like about SFIV is the soundtrack, especially when it comes to rivalry matches. Ryu/Sagat, Akuma/Gouken, and C. Viper/Chun-Li have some really great background music during their fights. I like how they still kept a lot of the same aspects from the previous games and just made it a great updated version.

I just need to beat arcade with a few more characters before unlocking the last character Seth. Though I haven't had a chance to play as much since I've got a couple of exams I need to be studying for and need to stop neglecting my school work by distracting myself by playing this! >.>

#80 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:04 PM

No worries on that, True, I think we all know how time can be tough when wanting to play and such. As for me, I've managed to unlock everyone in SFIV after having rented it last Thursday. All in all, I'm amazed by my completing SOME of the challenges in Challenge Mode's Normal Trials... =/ And even some in Hard! God, this game is a lot tougher to get used to in many cases. Even SFIII 3rd Strike had complicated combos, but seriously this takes the cake!!

Many aspects I like include the voice acting (both sides, even if I've mainly had it set to English), the music, as well as just the general overall feel of 4. Since it is a nice upgrade from past attempts at an SF game in 3D animation (I'm lookin' at you, EX!!), as well as having many great characters both old and new in the mix. A lot of the stuff seen in SFIV is a testament to how fabulous Capcom can make one of their flagship titles when they put all their heart into the mix.

Bryon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users