• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3406 replies to this topic

#61 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 26 2012, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me: NARUSAKU SHIPPERS! Prepare for glory!

NH fan friend: Glory? Have you gone mad? There is no glory to be had now! Only retreat, or surrender or death!

Me: Well, that's an easy choice for us, NaruHina fan! NS fans never retreat! NS fans never surrender! Go spread the word. Let every Naruto fan assembled know the truth of this. Let each among them search his own soul. And while you're at it, search your own.

Children, gather round! No retreat, no surrender; that is NS law. And by NS law we will stand and fight... and die. A new age has begun. An age of freedom, and all will know, that thousands of NS fans gave their last breath to defend it!

Go tell the anime fans, passerby, that here by NS law, we lie.

Tonight, we dine in hell!

#62 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

oh yeah i forgot

incoming golden byakugan

#63 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

QUOTE (Tsubaki @ Dec 27 2012, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now I just hope that SasuSaku isn't going to be canon, because if NH really confirms to be canon, this will mean that Sakura isn't good enough to end up with the main character and if she ends up with Sasuke (aka the guy who tried to kill her several times and not even care about her) is literally the rock bottom for her character.

This. I would lose all respect for Sakura if she ends up with Sasuke. I can handle NaruHina but not SasuSaku.

#64 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (Nefertieh @ Dec 26 2012, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But it would be extremely odd if Hinata does nothing after all this. I do expect her to have more screentime, although I'm not sure what will happen in the next arc.

I wonder if Sakura could see all of this?

50 guests viewing this thread right now...

Thats why I'm expecting another confession in future chapters, and narutos response will be the key to what it canon or not.

#65 Awes9

Awes9

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Dec 27 2012, 06:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
- poor Sakura's expression. She looks painfully wide-eyed. Stunned. She's definitely responding to seeing their interaction.

I noticed it too she's the only one who reacts to their interactions but don't get your hopes too high it may be nothing at all.

#66 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

Every time I refresh the home page, there's always a new comment from this thread. unsure.gif It seems like a lot of people have something to say about this chapter.

#67 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

QUOTE (Awes9 @ Dec 27 2012, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed it too she's the only one who reacts to their interactions but don't get your hopes too high it may be nothing at all.

i agree it may be nothing but it is odd that her screen panel in this chapter have much more than the last 10 chapter

edit: wow 89 user

Edited by rocci, 27 December 2012 - 05:57 AM.

#68 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

QUOTE (Chucky-kun @ Dec 27 2012, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
INB4 STUDIO PERRIOT ADDS KISS SCENE

Are you serious? This is Pierrot we're talking about there won't just be a kiss, when Neji dies Hinata will jump up and attack both Madara and Obito landing a few hits on each before getting knocked back down in time to slap Naruto. Then they will kiss.

Could NH still become canon? Of course it could, we don't know what Kishi is thinking, maybe he originally wrote Sakura as the love interest but recently decided Hinata would work better or something. Wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility.

But I very much doubt an inspirational speech and hand holding will equal NH becoming canon, considering how important Sakura is to Naruto and how strong his feelings are for her I doubt we will get any confirmation of pairings until at least Naruto is able to confess to Sakura, she knows he loves her but until he gets the same opportunity Hinata got to confess to him then I wouldn't count NS chances out yet.

#69 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

QUOTE (Chucky-kun @ Dec 27 2012, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
INB4 STUDIO PERRIOT ADDS KISS SCENE

Or Hinata beating on Obito for a couple of seconds
\

#70 Kanae

Kanae

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

Crap I posted this the wrong thread (the spoiler one), so copy-paste no jutsu it is ninja.gif

I'm usually a lurker (more active in NF), but: small LAP incoming!

It's okay to reevaluate NH's stand, but don't give up guys tongue.gif it's too early for that, and honestly, who did not see the NH fanservice coming a mile away? it's been obvious NH was going to be addressed the moment Hinata started getting so much panel time.

Here is the thing: since this is indeed the final chunk of the manga and Hinata has got no relevance to the core plot and bonds, which will, without a doubt, be the next focus once this facet of the battle has come to an end, the time to address her and give her her time to shine is right now - because afterward she will have to fade into the scenery, along everyone else not Team 7 / Sasuke related.

Sakura does not have this problem because she is part of said core bonds. As such, her focus can wait for once the plot itself demands for it. There is a big difference between that and fanservice, which is why Sakura fans have got to wait a bit longer for it (just like those of us who are looking forward to Sasuke and Taka's side of the storyline) while Kishi sets everything up and lets the Rookie get their deserved spotlight (which their fans have been waiting for since the beginning of time).

Now, the thing here is that anything Hinata related does, indeed, end up having some relation to Naruto himself (and as such NH) because that's pretty much her defining trait, as we all know. But that does not mean Kishi is suddenly changing his mind when it comes to what pairing he supports - didn't we get a full movie this year drilling that point into our skulls? Kishi is not that fickle, especially not when it comes to a bond he has been developing since Chapter 3 - it just means he is delivering what he promised: "all our favorite characters are going to be shining together! everything from here onward will be a highlight!". Hinata is nowhere near my favorite characters; but a huge portion of the fandom disagrees, and you bet popularity polls are indeed going to be taken into account when it comes to panel time distribution to what is essentially the last chance to see them getting a fair amount of spotlight.

IMHO this chapter here is actually not that bad, because it's actually serving a point, one character-development related - Hinata is achieving everything she, herself, said she would. She wanted to walk by his side and hold his hand, didn't she? Kishi made her say that for a very specific reason: this chapter. Not only that, but she got to cheer him up and give him a push just like how he has always done for her. She stood up for herself as well: this is a very important step for her, and now that it's been achieved, we will most likely simply see it pay off for a while to please readers (and stir us, pairing fans lol) and then move to more important matters.

Were there some really nice panels in this chapter? Indeed there were! If I were a NH fan, I would be over the moon laugh.gif But as a NS fan, I'm not concerned due to everything I mentioned above - and also because while Kishi could have made this all about Hinata, he snuck the Kyuubi in, a reference to Naruto's parents, so on so forth. And hey, we even got a very very random Sakura panel - the biggest Sakura panel we have gotten since she arrived to the battlefield, at that. There's an intention there - don't forget the face Sakura made when she realized Hinata loved Naruto.

So yeah, point is: there'll probably be more NH for a while. So just be patient and don't forget the bigger picture: everything Kishimoto has been building up until now. Once the plot allows for it, Sakura will get her time and so will NaruSaku smile.gif so don't lose hope~

Edited by Kanae, 27 December 2012 - 05:58 AM.

#71 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (HalfStarStudios @ Dec 27 2012, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I said the sh*tty ones. I wouldn't troll the good ones. VJ is a prime example of a sh*tty NH fan who I wanted to get back at for being such an assturd NH fan.

HalfStar and everyone else, do not even think of bashing NH-ers in this thread. It won't be tolerated, and official warnings will be handed out.

There will be a lot of posts from this chapter, from the whole spectrum of shippers. Rules are at the top: be respectful to posters and no character bashing.

#72 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

QUOTE (neoshadow @ Dec 27 2012, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you serious? This is Pierrot we're talking about there won't just be a kiss, when Neji dies Hinata will jump up and attack both Madara and Obito landing a few hits on each before getting knocked back down in time to slap Naruto. Then they will kiss.

Aw snap, you beat me to it
\

#73 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

QUOTE (tricksie @ Dec 27 2012, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HalfStar and everyone else, do not even think of bashing NH-ers in this thread. It won't be tolerated, and official warnings will be handed out.

There will be a lot of posts from this chapter, from the whole spectrum of shippers. Rules are at the top: be respectful to posters and no character bashing.

Fine fine.

#74 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

Excellent posts, it seems that many of us are still standing strong. Like mentioned in above posts, Sakura's reaction to all of this is key and as shown, she isn't happy about it. We have too much development and other things on our side to go down. Many NH trolls/fans are reading our posts right now because THEY EXPECT TO SEE US MELTDOWN AND FALL. We can't give them what they want. wink.gif
NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#75 HalfStarStudios

HalfStarStudios

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (kidNinja @ Dec 27 2012, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Excellent posts, it seems that many of us are still standing strong. Like mentioned in above posts, Sakura's reaction to all of this is key and as shown, she isn't happy about it. We have too much development and other things on our side to go down. Many NH trolls/fans are reading our posts right now because THEY EXPECT TO SEE US MELTDOWN AND FALL. We can't give them what they want. wink.gif

NaruSaku will always be better than NaruHina, imo. Ya know...unless SasuSaku happens...then that would be too pathetic. xD

#76 Tsubaki

Tsubaki

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

QUOTE (Kanae @ Dec 27 2012, 03:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crap I posted this the wrong thread (the spoiler one), so copy-paste no jutsu it is ninja.gif

It's okay to reevaluate NH's stand, but don't give up guys tongue.gif it's too early for that, and honestly, who did not see the NH fanservice coming a mile away? it's been obvious NH was going to be addressed the moment Hinata started getting so much panel time.

Here is the thing: since this is indeed the final chunk of the manga and Hinata has got no relevance to the core plot and bonds, which will, without a doubt, be the next focus once this facet of the battle has come to an end, the time to address her and give her her time to shine is right now - because afterward she will have to fade into the scenery, along everyone else not Team 7 / Sasuke related.

Sakura does not have this problem because she is part of said core bonds. As such, her focus can wait for once the plot itself demands for it. There is a big difference between that and fanservice, which is why Sakura fans have got to wait a bit longer for it (just like those of us who are looking forward to Sasuke and Taka's side of the storyline) while Kishi sets everything up and lets the Rookie get their deserved spotlight (which their fans have been waiting for since the beginning of time).

Now, the thing here is that anything Hinata related does, indeed, end up having some relation to Naruto himself (and as such NH) because that's pretty much her defining trait, as we all know. But that does not mean Kishi is suddenly changing his mind when it comes to what pairing he supports - didn't we get a full movie this year drilling that point into our skulls? Kishi is not that fickle, especially not when it comes to a bond he has been developing since Chapter 3 - it just means he is delivering what he promised: "all our favorite characters are going to be shining together! everything from here onward will be a highlight!". Hinata is nowhere near my favorite characters; but a huge portion of the fandom disagrees, and you bet popularity polls are indeed going to be taken into account when it comes to panel time distribution to what is essentially the last chance to see them getting a fair amount of spotlight.

IMHO this chapter here is actually not that bad, because it's actually serving a point, one character-development related - Hinata is achieving everything she, herself, said she would. She wanted to walk by his side and hold his hand, didn't she? Kishi made her say that for a very specific reason: this chapter. Not only that, but she got to cheer him up and give him a push just like how he has always done for her. She stood up for herself as well: this is a very important step for her, and now that it's been achieved, we will most likely simply see it pay off for a while to please readers (and stir us, pairing fans lol) and then move to more important matters.

Were there some really nice panels in this chapter? Indeed there were! If I were a NH fan, I would be over the moon laugh.gif But as a NS fan, I'm not concerned due to everything I mentioned above - and also because while Kishi could have made this all about Hinata, he snuck the Kyuubi in, a reference to Naruto's parents, so on so forth. And hey, we even got a very very random Sakura panel - the biggest Sakura panel we have gotten since she arrived to the battlefield, at that. There's an intention there - don't forget the face Sakura made when she realized Hinata loved Naruto.

So yeah, point is: there'll probably be more NH for a while. So just be patient and don't forget the bigger picture: everything Kishimoto has been building up until now. Once the plot allows for it, Sakura will get her time and so will NaruSaku smile.gif so don't lose hope~

You such a nice person, my heart stop to hurt for a little smile.gif

I hope you're right!

Sig by karudoll

#77 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

I'm mostly kidding with that. I actually still think it's a little early to tell. I feel like, as a fandom, we've been through so many ups and downs over the course of this manga that we would have learned our lesson by now. Honestly, just sit back and wait before freaking out or talking smack. Nothing's canon till the manga ends.

Except for Natsu/Lucy.

Anyways, if it is true and N/H is suddenly the end pairing, then dang, Kishimoto may have just reached absolute pinnacle of trolldom. He would have become such a Master that Hiro Mashima and Tite Kubo would seem like mere Novice Trolls in comparison to Kishi's horrible Trollifiscence. Unfortunately, Kishi's characters aren't nearly as interesting as anyone in Bleach or Fairy Tail, and thus his Master Troll status would only end up destroying his own manga. Naruto is doomed I tell ya! DOOOOOOMED!

But as I said, let's wait and see. sleep.gif

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#78 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

QUOTE (Kanae @ Dec 27 2012, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Couldn't have said it better.

#79 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (Transformers03 @ Dec 26 2012, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While that is not completely implausible, and seems to make sense with context of the series, it still seems far-fetch and saying something like that makes us seem desperate. I understand that something may seem like misdirection, but it isn't really proof. The only thing we got is that Hinata got her moment, and got to hold Naruto's hand.

Oh, and we also got in the previous chapters a lot of Narusaku moments, like the bench scene, the whole four-tail thing, the summit arc, etc.... Not only that, but don't forget about the Road to Ninja movie, and the NS comments they posted on the website. Why I'm bringing this up, well it is because these moments still happen. It's because of these moments that is the reason why we think Narusaku will become canon, but now these recent Hinata moments have been really screwing us over. Naruhina seem more likely at the moment, I will accept it if it does happen.

Though I just want to say that if Sasusaku happens, then kitten Kishi.*

*Joking................or am I?

What do you wish me to say? You want me to admit that NH is canon and that I should abandon ship right now or stay on course and try to find some reason why NS is still good as gold?

No matter what choice I am going to be called delusional. What can I say?

It's just with all the times Kishi has pushed a pairing forward or created dramatic tension, it gets wasted and Naruto is made to look stupid...again. I mean completely oblivious. That is one thing about Naruto that gets me. He is such a nice guy that he won't tell people off or gets "caught up in the moment" rather easily. Are people going to tell me that if Sakura makes an advance on him, Naruto is dumber than a bag of rocks, but if Hinata makes a move all of a sudden Naruto knows exactly what kind of situation it is? This selective obliviousness...I can't even say.

Naruto took Sakura's hug and thought nothing of it. Now all of a sudden just because Hinata holds his hand he knows "Oh she is being romantic. I love her so much." If that really is how this is, then I am severely pissed off at Kishi for doing it.

What if to Naruto this is just him holding her hand? It wouldn't be the first time he was oblivious to it. It wouldn't be the first time a romantic moment was pushed under the rug.

I don't know what people want me to do or say so I am just going to stay on the ship. If it sinks, then I will go down with it. If it floats...I am not moving. No matter how bad things seem.

I am just as upset as every other NS fan on this site, but the difference being is that I am not giving up. Not when we are this close to the end. I am making my stand here regardless of the outcome. Where do the rest of you stand?

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#80 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (Kanae @ Dec 27 2012, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly I very much doubt Sakura will do anything of importance this battle outside of healing people. She might get more to do if the ObiRin parallel is brought up or if Tsunade dies but apart from that I think its the secondary characters time to shine which includes Hinata. But Sakura has the single closest bond to Naruto and Sasuke the main characters, whenever they encounter each other Sakura has a substantial role, all through out Part 1, the Sasuke Retrieval, Sasuke and Sai and the Kage Summit. Sakura may not be important here but I guarantee she will shine in the final confrontation of Team 7, in Part 2 alone her most important personal moments have come from their encounters, might as well make it a hat trick.

Aw snap, you beat me to it

Only just my friend tongue.gif

Edited by neoshadow, 27 December 2012 - 06:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users