#61 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Mar 28 2012, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think people throw around the word "stalker" too lightly these days, forgetting what a stalker actually is.

And further, this idea that Hinata belongs at the bottom of the Konoha 11 is absurd. I'm sorry, I don't care how much bias a person has. Hinata obviously belongs above Ino and Chouji at the very least.

I agree with you there. Choji to me has lack of focus and is sensitive most of the time from my point of view. Hinata might be love crazed but she does use that to be a better person so she can see herself next to Naruto. Not waving an NH flag I am just saying Hinata has a goal to somewhat develop her character. Tenten on the other hand one reason I watch anime fillers is because that to me is where she thrives the most but manga wise she has been absent a lot.

#62 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

When did Hinata become more powerful than Chouji? Does his butterfly and getting really fat ability mean nothing to you? All Hinata has is that stupid Lion's fist attack. Not saying Hinata isn't strong. Just saying she is weak compared to the other Konoha 11. Can't think of one that she could beat.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#63 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (FoolishYoungling @ Mar 28 2012, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When did Hinata become more powerful than Chouji? Does his butterfly and getting really fat ability mean nothing to you? All Hinata has is that stupid Lion's fist attack. Not saying Hinata isn't strong. Just saying she is weak compared to the other Konoha 11. Can't think of one that she could beat.

I disagree. If she was that weak, she wouldn't have made Chuunin. I severely doubt she would be left responsibility to the head family if she didn't deserve it. And she did train alongside Neji. How do you know what that lion fist attack can do if she never landed a hit? Other than Naruto, there is not one of the Konoha 11 that Pain wouldn't have stomped into the dirt. We forget she uses Jyuuken. You know, that thing that punishes your organs? I don't care if Chouji has that butterfly ability. If she lands a shot at his heart, it's over. He'd better be fast. And I'm sorry, but Ino? What a joke. She wouldn't last a minute. She doesn't have a single ability that isn't completely useless without the support of someone else.
On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#64 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (dokueki(venom) @ Mar 28 2012, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with you there. Choji to me has lack of focus and is sensitive most of the time from my point of view. Hinata might be love crazed but she does use that to be a better person so she can see herself next to Naruto. Not waving an NH flag I am just saying Hinata has a goal to somewhat develop her character. Tenten on the other hand one reason I watch anime fillers is because that to me is where she thrives the most but manga wise she has been absent a lot.

No, look at manga canon. Chouji- even in part 1: he is afraid and has almost no confidence in himself, yet he always tried with his all, and it's from his own will that he tries. During the search for Sasuke he almost dies because he is determined to protect all his team mates and for the mission to suceed. We've yet to see Hinata do or think anything like that- still the only person she consistently thinks about is Naruto, no one else's welfare seems to occur to her than more than a brief moment- if that, nor does she think of the broader goal of the mission. Chouji is quite aware of that- perhaps too much, and that seems to be the reason for his lack of self-confidence, he overwhelms himself with the weight of the mission and feeling like he is not up to it, yet he always makes himself try and try as hard as he can.

Ino also always tries her hardest, determined to be the best, and has indeed become impressive in her ability and in her ability to hold together and direct her team mates. Hinata has no such ability with her team mates- it comes across in manga canon as they seem to worry a lot more about her than she does about them, and she isn't any kind of centering focus for her team either.

Even Tenten, from what little we've seen of her, has shown some ability in that area with her team mates. Sakura can do it with anyone she works with in part 2. (Kakashi did say Sakura had a natural leadership ability way back in early part 1, and we see how much that has developed in part 2) It's so natural in part 2 that other ninja look to her for guidance- even Jonin ninja a number of years older than her. And the overall goal is quite clear in her mind- it's not just about Naruto, it's about saving the world.

Wouldn't put it quite so bluntly Foolish Youngling, but yes, Hinata has never really shown anything in manga canon that gives any kind of convincing evidence of her being a Chunin level ninja. My sister- who is just a casual reader of Naruto, has made that comment about Hinata several times as well. At the same time she has no doubts about any of the other kids of that generation, not even Ino- who pre war arc, did come across as next most weakest. Hinata just hasn't shown any evolution since part 1, unlike the other characters.

Edited by ciardha, 28 March 2012 - 11:22 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#65 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Mar 28 2012, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I disagree. If she was that weak, she wouldn't have made Chuunin. I severely doubt she would be left responsibility to the head family if she didn't deserve it. And she did train alongside Neji. How do you know what that lion fist attack can do if she never landed a hit? Other than Naruto, there is not one of the Konoha 11 that Pain wouldn't have stomped into the dirt. We forget she uses Jyuuken. You know, that thing that punishes your organs? I don't care if Chouji has that butterfly ability. If she lands a shot at his heart, it's over. He'd better be fast. And I'm sorry, but Ino? What a joke. She wouldn't last a minute. She doesn't have a single ability that isn't completely useless without the support of someone else.

Did you even read Hinata vs Pain? No, not the anime one where the pierrot team gave her 10 minutes of fighting, but the manga where she lasted 2 pages. She is Chunnin class, I never called her weak, I just said she is the one with the least power ups out of all the Konoha 11. Saying you don't care for an attack someone has is like saying Hinata is some god figure that can just block everything. I'm sorry, but Hinata's defense is terrible. Only Neji has fully master his rotation. Hinata is only a back story character, and therefore not given much to work with. The only people I see her beating out of all the Konoha 11 would be Kiba and Tenten, other than that, she would be defeated.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#66 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

Hinata had a chance to prove for her streng fighting against Pain. As we all saw, she got ridiculed, torn apart, and tossed away like an old rag, all in less than 20 seconds. Im sure Chouji and Ino would have lasted bit longer because of the fact that they wouldnt do the stupid kitten Hinata did, which was jumping straight at Nagato without any help. That was just plain stupid. I dont care if it was the heat of the moment or anything. kitten like that gets you killed, and she was just lucky that the bastard was feeling a bit merciful that day.

#67 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

And I repeat, it was Pain. None of them would have lasted long. Gauging her strength based on her fight with Pain is ridiculous, especially when none of the others ever faced him one-to-one. Yeah, of course you can't compare Hinata to Neji. Neji is deadly, and he always had been. I cannot confidently say anyone in the 11 would stand a chance against him. I can't even say Shikamaru would, because he's not a long-distance fighter. The archer of the Sound Four only managed to bring Neji down that far because he was a brilliant strategist and had the ability to attack outside the range of his Jyuuken.

And, I'm sorry, but I cannot take people's commentary against Hinata here seriously. Considering it is the NaruHina camp that tends to most oppose the NaruSaku, it does not surprise me to see Sakura damn near the top of every list concerning everything here, whereas we always seem to find Hinata toward or at the bottom. Aside from her super strength, I have not seen a single combat improvement from Sakura. And I think it's already been demonstrated quite well that brawn is not always a great asset, especially when subtlety and finesse make all the difference. Even early Kabuto put a quick and efficient stop to Tsunade's stomping around, and it would have ended poorly for her if it wasn't for her restorative technique.

I'm sorry, but Hinata is being underestimated based on nonsense. And Sakura belongs nowhere near the top of this list. Not if "strong" means the ability to win a fight.

Edited by PachucoDesigns, 29 March 2012 - 12:22 AM.

On the morning of Wednesday, April 11th, 2012, my Aunt Karla passed away. She was my mother's baby sister, and my coolest aunt when I was a kid. She was the best babysitter ever, and she was like an older sister to me.

Karly, I don't know if you can hear this. I am not a believer, I haven't been since Sheryl died. But if you can, I want you to know that I'm truly sorry for everything bad I've ever said about you. When you were suffering, I should have been there to help you. I should have visited. I should have encouraged you to leave the house and get a job, to be active and alive the way you used to be.

I promise that I will do everything that I can to be successful and a good person, to make you proud the way you would have wanted me to. No matter what I said, I loved you. And I will always love you. Rest in Peace, you will never be forgotten.

#68 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

Well, all in all, Hinata is the only one to has yet to win a fight. Just saying.

#69 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Mar 29 2012, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, all in all, Hinata is the only one to has yet to win a fight. Just saying.

And?

#70 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Mar 28 2012, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And?

Nothing. Thats pretty much it. LOL. In reality, we dont really know how strong Hinata currently is. Kishi has yet to even put her on the spotlight. So.... we are running on an estimate on how strong she is. But to be honest, who knows how strong she is. Hmmm...lets check Narutopedia...look at that. Shes at 21.5, Ino at 21, Chouji and TenTen at 20.5. Everyone else is at least 3 points ahead of her. Hmmm...not that bad. But compared to the rest, they all suck.

#71 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Dragunov @ Mar 29 2012, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In reality, we dont really know how strong Hinata currently is.

Exactly. So, if we're going to make an estimate about things, let's make them based on something practical instead of character bias and past events. It's not just how strong you are, it's also a matter of who your opponent is. And regardless of the flailing arms of the fangirls, Sakura may be strong, but she would not win in a fight against Hinata. And it's for the same principles that almost got Tsunade killed against Kabuto. Stomp around all you want. But if your opponent has any ability to dodge, any at all, then all it's going to take is a small opening to pull the bottom brick out your proverbial wall. All it would take is dodging one big swing and a well placed shot to the heart.

#72 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Mar 28 2012, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I repeat, it was Pain. None of them would have lasted long. Gauging her strength based on her fight with Pain is ridiculous, especially when none of the others ever faced him one-to-one. Yeah, of course you can't compare Hinata to Neji. Neji is deadly, and he always had been. I cannot confidently say anyone in the 11 would stand a chance against him. I can't even say Shikamaru would, because he's not a long-distance fighter. The archer of the Sound Four only managed to bring Neji down that far because he was a brilliant strategist and had the ability to attack outside the range of his Jyuuken.

And, I'm sorry, but I cannot take people's commentary against Hinata here seriously. Considering it is the NaruHina camp that tends to most oppose the NaruSaku, it does not surprise me to see Sakura damn near the top of every list concerning everything here, whereas we always seem to find Hinata toward or at the bottom. Aside from her super strength, I have not seen a single combat improvement from Sakura. And I think it's already been demonstrated quite well that brawn is not always a great asset, especially when subtlety and finesse make all the difference. Even early Kabuto put a quick and efficient stop to Tsunade's stomping around, and it would have ended poorly for her if it wasn't for her restorative technique.

I'm sorry, but Hinata is being underestimated based on nonsense. And Sakura belongs nowhere near the top of this list. Not if "strong" means the ability to win a fight.

According to many sources, such as Databook 3, Sakura DOES belong on the top-tier list but not near the top/TOP. You may be commenting that Sakura only has super strength, but she's also very intelligent. And she's a medic who have mostly all the knowledge gained from her teacher and pupil, Tsunade and Shizune. That means Sakura have some weapons other than kunai that was dipped in poison. It doesn't have to be a chakra-enhanced punch from her to end a fight. We will expect something unexpected of her, for example, she may throw a shuriken at the enemy and if it hits the target directly, he/she will be in a life and death situation. Yeah, fights are not always about strengths, its also about the mind which MANY fans tend to forget.

Hinata, however, is considered to be on the bottom-tier, but not exactly on there. Yeah, she has those amazing Hyuuga abilities and she's a good tracker. That's only it. With her fights recently its like she need someone stronger (and better) such as Neji to fight with her in order to become more efficient in battle. Battling solo is like a no-no from what I'm seeing. Example: the shinobi-disguised Zetsu. She was about to be down and out in like 5 seconds if Naruto hadn't shown up. You saw her "eep" panel during that chapter. Its like she needed backup for all her fights, which is not a bad idea but if that teammate goes down and out, her favor will be NOT so good.

With this, Sakura does belong (hate that word) at her placement on the top because she can work well during the battlefield. Hinata however, has the the potential with her abilties but with all of her battles being one-sided against her, she has to always rely on someone during a fight.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#73 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 29 2012, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to many sources, such as Databook 3, Sakura DOES belong on the top-tier list but not near the top/TOP. You may be commenting that Sakura only has super strength, but she's also very intelligent. And she's a medic who have mostly all the knowledge gained from her teacher and pupil, Tsunade and Shizune. That means Sakura have some weapons other than kunai that was dipped in poison. It doesn't have to be a chakra-enhanced punch from her to end a fight. We will expect something unexpected of her, for example, she may throw a shuriken at the enemy and if it hits the target directly, he/she will be in a life and death situation. Yeah, fights are not always about strengths, its also about the mind which MANY fans tend to forget.

Hinata, however, is considered to be on the bottom-tier, but not exactly on there. Yeah, she has those amazing Hyuuga abilities and she's a good tracker. That's only it. With her fights recently its like she need someone stronger (and better) such as Neji to fight with her in order to become more efficient in battle. Battling solo is like a no-no from what I'm seeing. Example: the shinobi-disguised Zetsu. She was about to down and out in like 5 seconds if Naruto hadn't shown up. You saw her "eep" panel during that chapter. Its like she needed backup for all her fights, which is not a bad idea but if that teammate goes down and out, her favor will be NOT so good.

With this, Sakura does belong (hate that word) at her placement on the top because she can work well during the battlefield. Hinata however, has the the potential with her abilties but with all of her battles being one-sided against her, she has to always rely on someone during a fight.

And this also depends on the scenario. They are not all suited for the same thing. Which is why how strong they appear to be rarely has any bearing on how well they will perform. Intelligence is only a factor when you have the right circumstances to form a strategy. And considering neither of them have any abilities that give them any particular environmental advantage, it's going to be all about hand-to-hand technique. Most of the responses I hear in scenarios like this make it sound like Sakura will spank Hinata without breaking a sweat. And I'm sorry, but that is absurd. Even if Sakura wins, which I can still reasonably doubt, she's going to earn it. Sakura's primary asset is as a medic, not a fighter.

#74 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,861 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Mar 28 2012, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And this also depends on the scenario. They are not all suited for the same thing. Which is why how strong they appear to be rarely has any bearing on how well they will perform. Intelligence is only a factor when you have the right circumstances to form a strategy. And considering neither of them have any abilities that give them any particular environmental advantage, it's going to be all about hand-to-hand technique. Most of the responses I hear in scenarios like this make it sound like Sakura will spank Hinata without breaking a sweat. And I'm sorry, but that is absurd. Even if Sakura wins, which I can still reasonably doubt, she's going to earn it. Sakura's primary asset is as a medic, not a fighter.

But that's thinking that Hinata herself will win the fight against Sakura without breaking a sweat, which MANY or least the entire Hinata and NaruHina fans want to argue about when it comes to this debate. Especially those who said, "She'll kick/pwns that pink b*tch's ass!!!" I can say this: she can do well as she has the potential, however, Hinata lacks some abilities to overcome Sakura. This is similar to another character in an another series who is a very minor character who have an extraordinary ability but does not do any good in the battlefield. Strength is definitely one thing Hinata lacks. Just because she has a bloodline, she doesn't use it in full potential. Basically, she's a toned-down Neji without the wind blasts. Plus, the intelligence are is Sakura's true department since she has a keen observation eye. While her intelligence is great but not near Shikamaru's.

I finally figured what Hinata lacks: a keen mind. If we have some sort of mind games (and I'm talking from the fighting video game term), and if Sakura pulls that off, Hinata will not do so well.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#75 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:20 AM

Not to mention Sakura being a genjutsu type which reinforces the claim that Sakura has strong mental abilities. Like Derock said, even if Hinata has all that potential, she has not been shown to be an effective fighter at all. Sakura has fought an S-rank missing-nin and defeated him. If that fight does not show her impressive abilities then I don't know what else will.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#76 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Mar 29 2012, 03:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But that's thinking that Hinata herself will win the fight against Sakura without breaking a sweat, which MANY or least the entire Hinata and NaruHina fans want to argue about when it comes to this debate. Especially those who said, "She'll kick/pwns that pink b*tch's ass!!!" I can say this: she can do well as she has the potential, however, Hinata lacks some abilities to overcome Sakura. This is similar to another character in an another series who is a very minor character who have an extraordinary ability but does not do any good in the battlefield. Strength is definitely one thing Hinata lacks. Just because she has a bloodline, she doesn't use it in full potential. Basically, she's a toned-down Neji without the wind blasts. Plus, the intelligence are is Sakura's true department since she has a keen observation eye. While her intelligence is great but not near Shikamaru's.

I finally figured what Hinata lacks: a keen mind. If we have some sort of mind games (and I'm talking from the fighting video game term), and if Sakura pulls that off, Hinata will not do so well.

What abilities, exactly, does she lack in order to take down Sakura? And as for intellectual prowess, everyone constantly speaks about how intelligent she is. But I have yet to see her put this to any actual use in a battle scenario. The only implication I've ever seen of this is her ability to do well on tests. But there is a difference between theory and application. And there is a MAJOR difference between knowledge and intelligence. I will admit that Sakura has a high degree of knowledge, but I have no reason to believe that she is particularly intelligent. Nor do I have any reason to believe that Hinata lacks a keen mind.

And, frankly, I do not care what the data books say. Nor do I care about Kishimoto's intention. This is not quantum physics. There is no peer review, no tests to be done, no need for mathematical accuracy. In spite of his intentions or what he has to say about his characters and their world, his creations are only what he makes them out to be in their development in the actual story. I make observations and deductions based on what I see, based on what is evident in the story itself. I do not defer to databooks or character archetypes, because they are rigid and useless for determining development and outcome. If Kishimoto is a storyteller of any merit, then we should not need him to explain everything he does.

Edited by PachucoDesigns, 29 March 2012 - 08:19 AM.

#77 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Mar 28 2012, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think people throw around the word "stalker" too lightly these days, forgetting what a stalker actually is.

And further, this idea that Hinata belongs at the bottom of the Konoha 11 is absurd. I'm sorry, I don't care how much bias a person has. Hinata obviously belongs above Ino and Chouji at the very least.

*sighs* I never said anything about Hinata being at the bottom of the barrel of the Konoha 11, but if I were a dumber man, I could assume you are saying Sakura is at the bottom while Hinata is at the top.

I think people thinking Sakura is a liar is a travesty, but that doesn't stop people from thinking that anyway or criticizing her to the highest degree. There is no doubt, however, that Hinata is some what stalker-ish or used to be one. Her love-crazy for Naruto is not something I look to because I feel it hinder her character greatly. She could be so much more, but she continues to have this motif that she is determined to be Naruto no matter what. You know I can be in love with someone, but if they don't want to be with me I have to accept that. Especially when they have showed no interest in being with me for the longest of time. Not that they hate me, but they don't see me that way.

So since you think this stalker-ish behavior is overplayed then I will say it differently

"I look down on Hinata's selfish behavior"

If Hinata was a little more accepting and stopped focusing on her own desires for one moment to think about everything else. I have seen Hinata fans constantly bash Sakura saying "Why are you so fangirlish of over Sasuke?" or "Why are you constantly being selfish?" Many...MANY of these arguments can be used on Hinata herself. This is what I feel. I like her, but she needs to stop thinking about her own desires and start thinking about Naruto's. If she loves him like she does, she will not force a relationship on him or force him to "hold her hand." She will let it play out as he wants it. Naruto does things for the good of others, not for himself. Why can't Hinata do that? I don't see Naruto determined to force Sakura to love him.

It's this constant thinking of naruto that is overplayed. Every time we see Hinata she is always saying something about Naruto, or thinking about Naruto. She eats drinks and breathes Naruto. This cannot be denied. This can NEVER be denied because I have yet to see a panel with Hinata that doesn't involve Naruto in some way.

I go back to the last things Hinata thought and compare it to Sakura's.

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Mar 29 2012, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And, frankly, I do not care what the data books say.Nor do I care about Kishimoto's intention. This is not quantum physics. There is no peer review, no tests to be done, no need for mathematical accuracy.

So, you are basically saying that even if the writer made something to prove that Sakura is more powerful than Hinata, you wouldn't accept it? That's denial. Databooks are written by the author to keep tabs on the characters development. Kishimoto, the author, is the one that decides each character. You can't put your own stats in there and say "The writer is wrong." You have no control over them and we have to let Kishimoto put it his way

With that said, Kishimoto has made Sakura stronger than Hinata. Why? I don't know. I could say "Because he likes her better," but I hate putting words in people's mouth. I don't know the reason, but he did do it.

So who would win in a fight between Sakura and Hinata. Well, honestly in my opinion, Sakura would and I'll tell you why. Hinata is a defensive fighter. Sakura is an offensive fighter. Her strength can be shown that she can alter the terrain if she wanted to, possibly to make Hinata lose her footing. Combined with being a medical ninja, she has more expertise in chakra control. Said to be the best in the village. Even better than her master Tsunade. Sure, Hinata can have some good ideas, but in terms of who is more of a strategist that would go to Sakura as well simply because she is a medic-ninja once again and they are not supposed to be in the front lines.

Hinata CAN go on the offensive, but she has major flaws and that is she relies on openings to occur. If she doesn't get that opening, she loses the advantage that the enemy can take advantage of. Her speed is faster than Sakura, but again used primarily for DEFENSIVE purposes. The last time I did see Hinata go into the offense, she got her ass handed to her. Sakura can easily go on the offensive and take control from there. Look at how she handled Sasori AND the Neji-clone. Offensive and she took them out in one hit.

Looking at the way Hinata fights or even how Hyuga clan fights, they stay on the defensive until they can find said opening then exploit it. Oh, and if you say I shouldn't look at the Hyuga clan style of fighting, I am going to say that THAT is crap. The Byakugan isn't as offensive as the Sharingan. It can't summon a demon that not only protects you, but attacks others and possibly seal other demons. And as Naruto has shown, you can trick the Hyuga by coming from the one place they can't protect, the ground.

If Naruto in the weakest state can defeat Neji, then I am sure Sakura can beat Hinata. We all know Naruto is not the strongest thinker of the group.

Medical-ninja probably have the toughest job of all. They not only do they have to defend themselves, but also defend their teammates. In my opinion, it is probably the most gruesome job of all and the most taxing because they so much to focus on. Is Sakura the most powerful? No, she is not, but because of the training she had to do to be who she is proves that she is more than just the healer. Hinata is strong, but let me know when she can punch a mountain apart with her bare hands.

Next thing I hear you say is that Hinata is stronger than Naruto...and she isn't. I am sorry, but there is only so much you can say.

This is one thing I hate about these double-standards of life. You can have your opinion yes, but if the facts are against you you can't deny them and say they don't exist. This is also why skeptics exist. If I have proof of something, you have to believe it is proof. Skeptics don't believe the proof even if it is real. That's why some still think the moon landing is fake.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 29 March 2012 - 09:49 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#78 PachucoDesigns

PachucoDesigns

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:53 AM

*sighs* I never said anything about Hinata being at the bottom of the barrel of the Konoha 11, but if I were a dumber man, I could assume you are saying Sakura is at the bottom while Hinata is at the top.

Fortunately, you aren't. Because that's not what I am saying at all. All I am saying is that if we are judging this on the ability to win a fight, then Hinata does not belong at the bottom, and Sakura does not belong at the top.

I think people thinking Sakura is a liar is a travesty, but that doesn't stop people from thinking that anyway or criticizing her to the highest degree. There is no doubt, however, that Hinata is some what stalker-ish or used to be one. Her love-crazy for Naruto is not something I look to because I feel it hinder her character greatly. She could be so much more, but she continues to have this motif that she is determined to be Naruto no matter what. You know I can be in love with someone, but if they don't want to be with me I have to accept that. Especially when they have showed no interest in being with me for the longest of time. Not that they hate me, but they don't see me that way.

And I repeat, people throw around the word "stalker" too lightly, as though society itself has forgotten what a stalker actually is. She is shy, quiet, and timid. She tends to seldom speak unless spoken to. She is not a stalker. You may find her standing far away, too shy to approach. What you don't see is her climbing trees outside of his window and watching him sleep with binoculars. You see her at a loss for words when he speaks to her or praises her. What you don't see is her taking it upon herself to learn everything there is to know about him, right down to his shoe size. What you don't see is her making duplicates of his house keys so that she can sneak in and steal his underwear. She is not a stalker, and it's ridiculous to say that she is.

If Hinata was a little more accepting and stopped focusing on her own desires for one moment to think about everything else. I have seen Hinata fans constantly bash Sakura saying "Why are you so fangirlish of over Sasuke?" or "Why are you constantly being selfish?" Many...MANY of these arguments can be used on Hinata herself. This is what I feel. I like her, but she needs to stop thinking about her own desires and start thinking about Naruto's. If she loves him like she does, she will not force a relationship on him or force him to "hold her hand." She will let it play out as he wants it. Naruto does things for the good of others, not for himself. Why can't Hinata do that? I don't see Naruto determined to force Sakura to love him.

When, exactly, did she ever try to force a relationship on him? When did she ever try to force him to "hold her hand?" When did she ever put her desires before his? When did she stand in the way of his ambitions? Funny, because I remember Sakura ready to abandon Konoha to follow Sasuke. I also remember her crying at the gate, begging Naruto to bring him back for her. I also remember her "confessing" her love to him for the sake of stopping his pursuit. I've seen her put her desires before Naruto's constantly, without even bothering to speak to him about it. Never once have I seen Hinata try to do this. I've seen her try to be the best she could be, to want his acknowledgement and be worthy of him. But never have I seen her force him to do anything, nor even make a suggestion against his will.

So, you are basically saying that even if the writer made something to prove that Sakura is more powerful than Hinata, you wouldn't accept it? That's denial. Databooks are written by the author to keep tabs on the characters development. Kishimoto, the author, is the one that decides each character. You can't put your own stats in there and say "The writer is wrong." You have no control over them and we have to let Kishimoto put it his way

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Because I am not concerned with his intentions. I am concerned with how he demonstrates them in his story. He can say that Ino has a vestigial tail, for all I care. Unless it has consequence in the story, and unless he is willing to include it in the story for demonstration, then why should I care? Why should I care if he says that Sakura is stronger than Hinata, or vice versa, when we never see any demonstration of it, and we never have reason to question it? If he insists that Sakura is stronger, then let him demonstrate it. If he doesn't, or if he isn't inclined to, then why should I care?

So who would win in a fight between Sakura and Hinata. Well, honestly in my opinion, Sakura would and I'll tell you why. Hinata is a defensive fighter. Sakura is an offensive fighter. Her strength can be shown that she can alter the terrain if she wanted to, possibly to make Hinata lose her footing. Combined with being a medical ninja, she has more expertise in chakra control. Said to be the best in the village. Even better than her master Tsunade. Sure, Hinata can have some good ideas, but in terms of who is more of a strategist that would go to Sakura as well simply because she is a medic-ninja once again and they are not supposed to be in the front lines.

How is Hinata a defensive fighter? How does chakra control lend anything to the fight if there is little-to-nothing it lends efficiency or effectiveness to? If the entire Hyuuga fighting style centers on chakra control, how can we say for certain that Sakura's chakra control is superior? What does being a medic ninja have to do with strategy?

Medical-ninja probably have the toughest job of all. They not only does they have to defend themselves, but also defend their teammates. In my opinion, it is probably the most gruesome job of all and the most taxing because they so much to focus on. Is Sakura the most powerful? No, she is not, but because of the training she had to do to be who she is proves that she is more than just the healer. Hinata is strong, but let me know when she can punch a mountain apart with her bare hands.

You don't know much about war strategy, do you? The entire point of strategy is knowing how and where to place yours assets so as to draw out their best value. Sakura can rip mountains in half, yes. What good does this do her if her enemy is fast and agile enough to dodge her attacks? What good does it do her if she cannot detect her enemy in the first place? In that case, a different type of skill is more valuable.

Do you know why medics are generally not put on the front lines? The answer is simple. While your ability to fight may be formidable, your ability to heal is far more valuable. We like to think that one life is not more valuable than the next. Morally speaking, this is true. As a soldier, it is not. If you die as a shock trooper, you have done your part. We can always put a rifle in the hand of another ready marine and send him out to take your place. If we lose a medic who has had years of training, it is devastating to our ability to minimize our losses and maximize our intel. Medics don't need to be defended because they can't defend themselves. They need to be defended because they are more valuable assets. We don't put a commander on the back lines because he is less capable. We do it because he is the head of the beast, and without him, we have no direction.

I don't care if Sakura can rip a mountain in half with her bare hands. That is not her purpose. And if she rushes into the battlefield without knowing her role, then she is a liability, especially if there is any risk that her emotions will compromise her judgment. There is more to strategy than brute strength and your opinion of any one soldier. If you don't know why position is important, why priority of roles is important, and why intel is important, then you can't see the forest for the trees. The enemy will stomp you out like an old cigarette. That is why you can't put just anyone in a commander's chair, and why you can't go throwing medics into the fray.

Next thing I hear you say is that Hinata is stronger than Naruto...and she isn't. I am sorry, but there is only so much you can say.

This is one thing I hate about these double-standards of life. You can have your opinion yes, but if the facts are against you you can't deny them and say they don't exist. This is also why skeptics exist. If I have proof of something, you have to believe it is proof. Skeptics don't believe the proof even if it is real. That's why some still think the moon landing is fake.

I did not say she is stronger than Naruto, nor would I. It has been demonstrated otherwise. While Hinata is skilled, Naruto's power is like unto a god. There is no denying this.

I'm not sure you're aware of what a double standard is, because there are no double standards here. Once again, I have no interest in what Kishimoto intends to do with his story, I care only how he shows it. If he says Sakura is stronger, then let him first define what he means by "stronger." Then, by his own metrics, let him prove it. I do not care what the databooks say if he's unwilling to show it in the story itself.

Edited by PachucoDesigns, 29 March 2012 - 10:00 AM.

#79 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 29 2012, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hinata is nowhere in that league, she is at the very bottom of that generation, as all her part 2 attempts at fighting shows. Sakura is leagues and league better now, I'd say just below Neiji, better than Lee.

Sakura is not better than Lee. What can Sakura do, when Lee unlocks his super fast gates to attack her? Even if she can analyze movements and predict where the opponent is going to come next, Lee is too fast for that. And that will be even more impossible when Lee gets drunk. Kimmimaro said that a drunken Lee has, "unpredictable movements".

Also, I put Hinata on top of Ino because as far as I read in the manga, Ino's "shintenshin no jutsu" or her medic abilities cannot beat Hinata. The only taijutsu we've seen from Ino is when she went inside Chouji and stopped Asuma's punch. As much as that was impressive, I think that is not enough to prevent Hinata's lion fist or her juuken that can blast Zetsu in one attack. However, I put Hinata below Tenten. In the manga, we haven't seen Hinata use Kaiten, nor have we seen her have exceptional speed or dodging skills to get away from Tenten's weapon attacks.
We even have times where they were in arcs together- look at Hinata during the near miss Sasuke encounter mission (well Naruto saw him, but everyone else didn't). Hinata is so untrained that Sakura has to remind Hinata to pay attention to what she needed to be doing.

Hinata wasn't paying attention because she was worried about Naruto. But it's not like Naruto will get hurt by somebody every single time when Hinata has a battle is it?

Then compare the destruction of Konoha arc. Hinata does nothing to help Naruto, and doesn't even get in one attempted blow at Pein before he stabs her. In contrast, Sakura takes down a giant centepede summon in one blow- a summon that even Jonin ninja were fleeing from in absolute panic.

Hinata doing nothing to help Naruto during the destruction of Konoha has nothing to do with how strong she is.
Nobody can attempt a blow at Pein. A giant centepede summon is much more weaker than Pein himself. It's not accurate to compare those two.

Then Sakura calmly takes charge in the middle of the absolute chaos and gets everyone evacuted and figures out a plan to save Naruto... Look even at the war arc. Sakura quickly takes down the Neiji imposter Zetsu- after older, more experienced medic nins were already killed by Zetsu. Not only does she take him down, but she quickly figures out how Zetsu is doing this....

Sakura calmly taking charge in the middle of absolute chaos does not prove how strong she is. It only proves her leadership abilities.
Sakura figuring out the Zetsu imposter adds to her smarts, so that can be a plus to how strong she is.

Sakura is very near the top of her age peers, while Hinata is at the bottom. Every attempted battle we've seen Hinata in, someone had to rescue her in manga canon. Sakura's only weakness is similar to Minato's. She'll grow past even that in time, she already shows a fast recovery from a moment of weakness.

As of now, Sakura is nowhere in the top. However, I'm only talking about the present and do believe she will be around the top a few years later.

Edited by narunarunaru, 29 March 2012 - 09:57 AM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#80 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (PachucoDesigns @ Mar 29 2012, 02:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fortunately, you aren't. Because that's not what I am saying at all. All I am saying is that if we are judging this on the ability to win a fight, then Hinata does not belong at the bottom, and Sakura does not belong at the top.....and blah blah blah

*sighs and pinches* You know, I realize now you are just trolling. Your logistics are full of contradictions, you are confusing war with bouts and brawls, you say the writer doesn't know what they are talking about when they are the one making the universe. You want him to prove a battle he can EASILY alter in anyway he can and are unwilling to take his word for it. I don't need him to prove anything by demonstration. If he says Sakura is better or anyone is better for that matter, I don't need an out of place battle to prove it.

The double-standard my friend is the fact that you go about criticizing Sakura for things that even Hinata has done, but yet say that when Hinata does it it's alright. I hated Sakura fangirling over Sasuke, but she doesn't do that anymore. She isn't striving to get his attention like Hinata does to Naruto anymore. And Hey, people make mistakes, that's part of growing up, but I am looking at the mental thinking. NOT the actions. You can have the right intentions, but make the wrong choices.

Other times you deny the facts, but apply them to Sakura or any character saying they don't apply, but then apply them to Hinata. Whatever powers Sakura has, you outright deny them or think they have no significance. At least I compare and contrast the powers and put up an argument. You have done nothing to support your claim except put down everyone else's. And yeah, while you are right about something's your point of who is the most powerful is no where near answered.

You hate when people diminish Hinata, but then continue to diminish Sakura abilities claiming they do nothing. At least I compared and contrasted saying Hinata is a great defensive fighter and you keep talking like she is the best fighter out there. Sakura has been shown time and time again that she can handle herself in many situations and you deny these. At least she fought an Akatsuki and won. Hinata lost against Pein. You say Sakura's feelings are a liability yet Hinata defying Naruto claim to NOT interfere in a tough battle nearly got herself AND Naruto killed...and all because she loves him. Sakura did that too. She was going to kill Sasuke for Naruto's and like that as well it was a stupid idea. Both girls had to be saved by Naruto. Noble as they are, but at least Sakura didn't do it to get Naruto attention. She did it to relieve Naruto of burden.

You don't know anything about wars because you confuse a "bout" with a "war" and things they are the same thing. If it one vs one, it is a bout. If it is many versus many, then it is a war.

Let's play this then

Who is a better medic out K11? Sakura.
Who has the better Byakugan? Neji.
Who has the most power? Naruto.

A million scenarios where I can think Hinata gets beat out in most of them. I bet you can think of a million more where Hinata might have a chance.

We can't compare battle records because we have only seen Hinata fight like what three times? And she lost every single one of them. We don't even know how many battles she has actually fought and won because Kishimoto never even focused. So while we can't deny her, we can't add her either cause she doesn't have enough info to go on. So we rely on the Databooks because tell us the things that Kishimoto has not or doesn't have to show in the manga. Possibly even telling us things that happened in the background or off-screen if he so chooses.

Ever see the movie Tommy Boy?
"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a**, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it. "

Oh and one last thing: Just because Hinata could be the weakest of the K11, does not mean she IS the weakest of all time. There is no denying Hinata has strength, but I can think of at least 5 characters out of the K11 not including Naruto or Sakura that could beat her out of either sheer force (as in speed of damage), logistics, or power.

Neji can beat her (and he has). Lee can beat her if he opens the gates. Sasuke can beat her. Temari can beat her. Shikamaru could beat her.

One character I know Hinata can beat is Ten-ten. While I love Ten-ten, let's face it, weapons against a Hyuuga is like trying to throw toothpicks at a spartan shield.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users