• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

#61 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:51 PM

She admits she envy is strength after his fight with Neji but then said it inspire her to become stronger.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#62 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:01 PM

Yeah, but it's still a variation of jealousy! LOL. XD

Think about it. Usually, Naruto's the hero in most arcs, fillers or actual stuff. Come on, why did Sakura want to become strong? Because she refuses to fall behind any longer. Jealousy here acts as a gd thing and spurs her on.

And also, i can totally envision Sakura being overprotective of Naruto in the relationship department.

Look forward to it happening.
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#63 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 11:58 PM

She became stronger because she wanted to protect Naruto and Sasuke, and save Sasuke from Orochimaru, i wouldnt really call that jealousy.

#64 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (rickp2006 @ Nov 5 2007, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She became stronger because she wanted to protect Naruto and Sasuke, and save Sasuke from Orochimaru, i wouldnt really call that jealousy.

True, true. But then, why would that thought appear in the first place? She was indeed weaker, and of course, face it, when sasuke told her she was weaker than Naruto, she was jealous. But later on, that jealousy matured into something more significant and helped her achieve her new strength. So all's good. XD

#65 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 6 2007, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True, true. But then, why would that thought appear in the first place? She was indeed weaker, and of course, face it, when sasuke told her she was weaker than Naruto, she was jealous. But later on, that jealousy matured into something more significant and helped her achieve her new strength. So all's good. XD

She wasnt jealous of Naruto, she was angry/sad a "dead last" like Naruto could be stronger than her, and she knew it was true.

#66 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (rickp2006 @ Nov 6 2007, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She wasnt jealous of Naruto, she was angry/sad a "dead last" like Naruto could be stronger than her, and she knew it was true.

Rick, stop playing with my words. You know they mean the same thing. XD

#67 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:14 AM

Wilson what's up with the pic?

Guys let's face it Sakura only holds jealously towards Naruto's growing strength and Ino (well they're still rivals so it counts towards something)
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#68 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:37 AM

LOl, which pic u talking about?

Anyways, true, she is jealous of ino in the strength department, but i dun think so now. It's more the looks department because really, ino has been portrayed as the sexy one, whilst Sakura is the cute one.

#69 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 09 November 2007 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 6 2007, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rick, stop playing with my words. You know they mean the same thing. XD

Not really. Sakura realised that Naruto was stronger than her, but wasn't jealous of him. She acknowledged that she was the weakest in her team, but did not harbour feelings of animosity towards Naruto for being stronger than her. She merely beat herself up for being weak. Real jealousy is what Sasuke felt near the end of Part I when he realised that Naruto was catching up to him rapidly.

QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 6 2007, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOl, which pic u talking about?

Anyways, true, she is jealous of ino in the strength department, but i dun think so now. It's more the looks department because really, ino has been portrayed as the sexy one, whilst Sakura is the cute one.

I think Sakura has outgrown her childish jealousy of Ino. While she might have envied her in the beginning, Sakura has been shown to treat Ino like a friend once again in Part II. No signs of jealousy towards her whatsoever, unless you count her reaction to Ms.Beautiful. And that was more anger at Sai than jealousy at Ino.

#70 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:48 AM

Come on Squall, why would she be angry at Ino being called Ms. Beautiful by Sai if she wasn't jealous? Like duh.... dry.gif

#71 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:51 AM

Ah, but jealousy implies that she wants Sai to compliment her. She doesn't. She's not jealous of Ino, but rather angry at Sai for calling Ino beautiful. If she showed envy towards Ino, that would be jealousy.

#72 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:57 AM

Ok, here's the thing. Normally, if a male outright compares two females in front of them, and calls one a hag, whilst the other Ms. beautiful and the two just happened to be rivals, obviously the one called hag gets jealous!

It's not a matter of WANTING to be complimented by that guy, it's a matter of pride where you lost a battle in the war against your rival, and that is jealousy.

#73 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:00 AM

Not jealousy. Competitiveness.

I wouldn't say Sakura is jealous of Ino, she just wants to beat her.

Now Sasuke is really jealous of Naruto close to the end of Part I. It's so obvious that it's not even funny...

#74 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:05 AM

Yes, and from competitiveness stems JEALOUSY!

Come on, even Sasuke in part I admitted cooly and calmly that was Naruto that owned Gaara, not him, meaning yes, he was competitive, but not exactly jealous.

Sakura flipped at being called a hag whilst Ino was the beauty queen, i'm telling you, for a woman, that means jealousy. Hands down.

#75 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:14 AM

Sasuke was most definitely jealous. He kept wondering about where Naruto got his power and even went to the extent of challenging him to a fight in order to prove his superiority.

Saukura? She didn't wonder where Ino got her beauty or challenge her to a beauty contest. laugh.gif

She was angry because she couldn't understand why Sai said that Ino was beautiful. She wanted to see Ino called ugly, so it was more competitive rivalry than jeaousy. But this is a matter of opinion, so let's leave it.

#76 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:18 AM

Ok, here's my thought, from Sakura's childhood, she was jealous of Ino.

Then when she fought Ino during chuunin exams, she wasn't. But then, when Naruto proved his worth, she began doubting herself, but not really jealous.

And the hag and beauty scene...enough said.

So ok, she wasn't really jealous. But i still say that the envy stuff she had going on was because of jealousy, even if a little bit.

Ok, ok, enough, someone else come and break us up. dry.gif

#77 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:24 AM

That's the whole point.

She was jealous of Ino in her childhood for being popular and confident.

By the Chunin exam, she realised that Ino was just like her, and she gained the confidence she needed to draw even with her former best friend.

By Shippuden, I would think that she would have outgrown childish jealousy. Really, what cause is there for her to be jealous of Ino? She's an accomplished medic-nin, she's acknowledged by everyone. Not to mention the fact that the two of them don't even appear to like Sasuke. No cause for jealousy, just friendly rivalry.

#78 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:31 AM

A woman, when not having someone to reassure her that she is beautiful, will have insecurities, no matter what they say. You can't deny that you feel jealous when another woman gets praised. It's a natural instinct, no offense ladies, but i'm seriously speaking from experience here, after all, my friend did give me a huge lecture..... dry.gif

And for Sakura, there will always be a small shadow in her heart where she feels she is still weaker than Ino, no matter what. It's a memory, and from there, it stems jealousy, no matter how small. It's complicated, and we could keep arguing, so i'll leave it for now.

#79 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 11 2007, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A woman, when not having someone to reassure her that she is beautiful, will have insecurities, no matter what they say. You can't deny that you feel jealous when another woman gets praised. It's a natural instinct, no offense ladies, but i'm seriously speaking from experience here, after all, my friend did give me a huge lecture..... dry.gif

And for Sakura, there will always be a small shadow in her heart where she feels she is still weaker than Ino, no matter what. It's a memory, and from there, it stems jealousy, no matter how small. It's complicated, and we could keep arguing, so i'll leave it for now.

And therein lies my point. If Sakura feels any jealousy whatsoever, it is as a woman. Instinctive jealousy is natural, what I'm trying to say is that her jealousy would be applicable to if Sai called any other woman beautiful. Her jealousy stemming from a lack of self-confidence and need for acknowledgement no longer exists, simply because she has outgrown it. That is the jealousy I'm referring to, her childhood insecurities culminating in a feeling of envy towards Ino because of her apparent strength.

I do agree that there will always be a small bit of her that remembers how Ino used to be stronger than her, but I do believe that it is a part of her that is small enough to be disregarded. No matter how bad her childhood memories maybe, they won't linger in her mind forever. They can be used to emphasise on the huge amounts of growth she has undergone, but I don't think they will actually influence her behaviour or actions too much.

Okay, let's stop arguing. Opinion-based debates never stop, ask those people who engage in pairing debates over at NF. tongue.gif

#80 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:34 AM

Agree, we do agree in some places, but really, a debate is not needed.

Enough said, I yield that Sakura is not jealous.....most of the times. tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users