• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

#61 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 25 2013, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reacting like this:

To this:

vs

Reacting to this:

Like this:

Could you clarify what you were trying to say with the Yamato looked angry with sakura comparison images.

Other then that you earn my deepest respect for that post, and this:

Edited by HauntedCake, 25 February 2013 - 10:02 PM.

40283620121415711s.jpg

#62 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (HauntedCake @ Feb 25 2013, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could you clarify what you were trying to say with the Yamato looked angry with sakura comparison images?

Sure. When Sakura first confesses, Yamato shows a look of shock and embarrassment. As you can see in the first picture, he's even blushing a little bit. This is his initial reaction to Sakura's confession, before she mentions anything that has to do with Sasuke. All she's said at this point is that she loves Naruto, and as you can see, Yamato's reaction is not negative.

Then she says the line that makes everyone grow suspicious of her: "So Naruto, no need to keep that promise! Won't you stop chasing Sasuke?" <--- This is the lie in her confession, or at least, what I've interpreted as the lie. This is what makes Naruto say that she's lying to herself as well as what stirs Yamato's anger.

Naruto has worked so hard to bring Sasuke back. In fact, the reason why they're in the Land of Iron at this point is because of Sasuke. Naruto was literally begging the Raikage to spare Sasuke, despite the things that he had done to Bee. Not to mention how he let Karui beat the snot out of him for Sasuke's sake. Yamato witnessed all of this and more. After witnessing all he's been through to save the guy, it's almost offensive to hear someone tell Naruto to give up, especially Sakura. She's the one that's been supporting his decision to bring Sasuke back home since day one. No one expected her to say that she wanted to give up. That's what leads Yamato to say, "What the hell are you...!?" in his second panel. He's angry and suspicious of her because her request is out of character.

His anger doesn't have to do with the confession itself. Saying that she wanted to give up on Sasuke was what made this scene go downhill.

Edited by Slextrem, 25 February 2013 - 10:34 PM.

#63 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 25 2013, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure. When Sakura first confesses, Yamato shows a look of shock and embarrassment. As you can see in the first picture, he's even blushing a little bit. This is his initial reaction to Sakura's confession, before she mentions anything that has to do with Sasuke. All she's said at this point is that she loves Naruto, and as you can see, Yamato's reaction is not negative.

Then she says the line that makes everyone grow suspicious of her: "So Naruto, no need to keep that promise! Won't you stop chasing Sasuke?" <--- This is the lie in her confession, or at least, what I've interpreted as the lie. This is what makes Naruto say that she's lying to herself as well as what stirs Yamato's anger.

Naruto has worked so hard to bring Sasuke back. In fact, the reason why they're in the Land of Iron at this point is because of Sasuke. Naruto was literally begging the Raikage to spare Sasuke, despite the things that he had done to Bee. Not to mention how he let Karui beat the snot out of him for Sasuke's sake. Yamato witnessed all of this and more. After witnessing all he's been through to save the guy, it's almost offensive to hear someone tell Naruto to give up, especially Sakura. She's the one that's been supporting his decision to bring Sasuke back home since day one. No one expected her to say that she wanted to give up. That's what leads Yamato to say, "What the hell are you...!?" in his second panel. He's angry and suspicious of her because her request is out of character.

His anger doesn't have to do with the confession itself. Saying that she wanted to give up on Sasuke was what made this scene go downhill.

AH clear as day now. thanks wink.gif

40283620121415711s.jpg

#64 Baguette

Baguette

だ る い

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

@Slextrem

I'm a bit at a loss for words here...
I mean, many people have given thoughtful and convincing arguments, but the way you deconstructed each and every single claim was on another level entirely. wow.gif

I should reiterate, I really am a NaruSaku fan. But if I wasn't fully confident in its chances before, I think it's safe to say that I am completely in the green after reading your post.
If ever in the future should I once again come upon the arguments made in the OP, I hope you wouldn't mind if I used what you wrote as reference for my responses?
whatthekitten.gif

Edited by Baguette, 25 February 2013 - 10:57 PM.

Star Crossed Lovers

#65 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (Baguette @ Feb 25 2013, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Slextrem

I'm a bit at a loss for words here...
I mean, many people have given thoughtful and convincing arguments, but the way you deconstructed each and every single claim was on another level entirely. wow.gif

I should reiterate, I really am a NaruSaku fan. But if I wasn't fully confident in its chances before, I think it's safe to say that I am completely in the green after reading your post.
If ever in the future should I once again come upon the arguments made in the OP, I hope you wouldn't mind if I used what you wrote as reference for my responses?
whatthekitten.gif

By all means, feel free to use these arguments in future debates! happy.gif

I hope it didn't sound like I was attacking you in my post. Whenever I said, "you", I was referring to whoever originally wrote the arguments, just so know. I don't want to cause any confusion. sweatdrop.gif

#66 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 25 2013, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When someone bullies my OTP... --Click here to view--

I found this post on Tumblr and thought it was appropriate. happy.gif

I was watching a pro NaruSaku review video and i saw slextrem in the comments. Then I was like hey i know this guy. Great post btw.

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#67 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (StrikerTheNoble @ Feb 25 2013, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was watching a pro NaruSaku review video and i saw slextrem in the comments. Then I was like hey i know this guy. Great post btw.

*Girl, actually. And thanks. happy.gif

Those must have been some really old comments though. I haven't commented on any Naruto-related videos in a long time.

#68 Baguette

Baguette

だ る い

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Feb 25 2013, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By all means, feel free to use these arguments in future debates! happy.gif

I hope it didn't sound like I was attacking you in my post. Whenever I said, "you", I was referring to whoever originally wrote the arguments, just so know. I don't want to cause any confusion. sweatdrop.gif

Ah it's all good. wink.gif
Though I must admit, I became slightly intimidated at a few parts there. ninja.gif

Star Crossed Lovers

#69 Salsaman

Salsaman

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

@ slexstrem
ditto, what she said lol biggrin.gif

Edited by Salsaman, 25 February 2013 - 11:41 PM.

#70 Midoriko

Midoriko

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

my post has completely disappeared
I'm not joking!!!!!!!!!!!
It has completely disappeared.

Edited by Midoriko, 26 February 2013 - 12:14 AM.

#71 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (Midoriko @ Feb 26 2013, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my post has completely disappeared

How can?

#72 Midoriko

Midoriko

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

seriously ask the mods.
I carefully screened it. I did a preview then posted.
and it is gone.
I am seriously pissed!

#73 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (Midoriko @ Feb 26 2013, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously ask the mods.
I carefully screened it. I did a preview then posted.
and it is gone.
I am seriously pissed!

You mean screenshot?

If you bashed anyone, the mods should at least have PM'd you. I'm sure it's a misunderstanding.

ナルサク

#74 Midoriko

Midoriko

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

I know exactly what I said. I am LIVID and no they didn't pm me, it just GONE.
I hit the reverse and it's gone!
I spent 3 hours typing up the rebuttal.
EDIT: MODS, ARE YOU SCREENING WHAT I REBUTTAL

Edited by Midoriko, 26 February 2013 - 12:25 AM.

#75 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

sorry, but none of the mods have been in the thread lately. Not that I know of. And deleting a post is something that rarely happens.

When was it posted?

#76 Midoriko

Midoriko

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:30 AM

OH my god! This is not comforting! I am being very serious.
I... listen, I previewed it and then hit add and then it was GONE. It never showed up but then I complained and that posted seriously WTF?

#77 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (Midoriko @ Feb 25 2013, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OH my god! This is not comforting! I am being very serious.
I... listen, I previewed it and then hit add and then it was GONE. It never showed up but then I complained and that posted seriously WTF?

It might just be a glitch of the site itself. It's happened to me before...

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#78 Midoriko

Midoriko

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

jfkdjfajkdjpfoasopekjrfemlkcjdklfja
wow, um 3 hours plus to address this thread. I am beyond pissed
Edit: it doesn't help that everything I am posting is being well kitten POSTED

Edited by Midoriko, 26 February 2013 - 12:35 AM.

#79 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

Hey, calm down. You can always go back on the pages, then copy and paste. I'm sure none of the mods are guilty. tongue.gif

kitten happens.

Edited by sushi., 26 February 2013 - 12:36 AM.

ナルサク

#80 Midoriko

Midoriko

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

This is where you are wrong
I can't go back, there is nothing there, because I have and now I have to start all over.
Edit: Please don't tell me to calm down when in fact this is the 1st time this happened. I have every right to be seriously pissed.
You spent 3 hours on this ridiculous topic of address and loose it then come back to me with your comforting words.
edit : so everything is not glitching now huh?

Edited by Midoriko, 26 February 2013 - 12:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users