• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

#61 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:05 PM

Japanese VA's for the DB movie are revealed:

Goku: Kappei Yamaguchi
Voice of Usopp (One Piece), Ranma (Ranma 1/2), InuYasha (InuYasha)++
Piccolo Daimaō: Houchu Ohtsuka
Voice of Jiraiya (Naruto), Little Demon (Soul Eater)++
Master Roshi: Tsutomu Isobe
Voice of Dutch (Black Lagoon)
Bulma: Aya Hirano
Voice of Misa Amane (Death Note)
Chi-Chi: Ami Koshimizu
Voice of Tenma Tsukamoto (School Rumble)
Mai: Yuko Kaida
Voice of Yukie Fujikaze (from the first Naruto Movie), Shimei Ryomou (Ikkitousen)
Grampa Gohan: Hiroya Ishimaru
Voice of Apachai Hopachai (Kenichi *fangasms*), Hot Rod (Transformers)
Yamcha: Hisao Egawa
Voice of Cyborg #14 (DBZ)
Narration: Mami Koyama
Voice of Balalaika (Black Lagoon), Arale (Dr. Slump)

A fairly competent squad of voice actors I dare say. I might want to watch it with the jap voices at some point, since a couple of my favourite voice actors are on the list (Kappei Yamaguchi is my all time favourite)

Source

#62 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:13 PM

Kappei is pretty well known, huh? But my highlight of the voice actors is Aya Hirano. nosebleed8rx.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif It would've been funny, but inappropriate for the anime voice overs to do it. tongue.gif Can you imagine Goku's voice over Chatwin's mug? biggrin.gif

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#63 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Feb 4 2009, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kappei is pretty well known, huh? But my highlight of the voice actors is Aya Hirano. nosebleed8rx.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif It would've been funny, but inappropriate for the anime voice overs to do it. tongue.gif Can you imagine Goku's voice over Chatwin's mug? biggrin.gif

Well, still not interested of the movie, but, Aya Hirano IS HAWT!!! nosebleed8rx.gif Saw her on Ninja Warriors.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#64 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:59 PM

New trailer:

You know, to be perfectly honest... I'm starting to warm up to this movie. Some things do look pretty lame(still angry about no Krillin), but I think it could have redeeming qualities and overall be a pretty fun eye candy film. But I'm still keeping expectations low, so there's no way I'll be disappointed. tongue.gif

#65 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,846 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:38 PM

The visual effects will get to you first. It will make you say "awesome" at that moment. But when you watching the movie, the negativity will start.

The only thing is that the girl who is playing Bulma is hot. tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#66 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:41 AM

There's just something grating about hearing Justin Chatwin say "KAMEHAMEHA".

uc.png

#67 Tsunade

Tsunade

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Interests:People.

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:37 PM

Akira Toriyama Comments on Live-Action Dragonball Film!!!!

The Oricon entertainment news source posted a promotional video for James Wong and 20th Century Fox's live-action adaptation of Akira Toriyama's Dragonball manga, and Toriyama prefaced the video with a written comment:

As the original creator, I had a feeling of "Huh?" upon seeing the screenplay and the character designs, but the director, all the actors, the staff, and the rest are nothing but "ultra" high-caliber people. Maybe the right way for me and all the fans to appreciate it is as a New Dragonball of a different dimension. Perhaps, this might become a great masterpiece of power! Hey, I look forward to it!!

Source.

Honestly, I think this movie will be hilarious! I look forward to watching it~
Tsu.gif

#68 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:42 PM

I'll see it since im a big Dragonball fan, but i'll be ready for a letdown.

#69 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:34 PM

Older videos but they're not posted yet:

Goku vs Grandpa Gohan --Click here to view--

Doesn't hold a candle to this version of the fight:

Magic Begins --Click here to view--

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Attack on Grandpa Gohan --Click here to view--

Goku Meets Bulma --Click here to view--

Master Roshi vs Goku --Click here to view--

Yamcha isn't afraid of girls --Click here to view--

Is it just me or did Joon Park sound almost like Chris Sabat's Yamcha?

Chi Chi vs Chi Chi? --Click here to view--

Unleashed Trailer --Click here to view--

Meh. The unleashed trailer certainly makes it look more exciting than previously thought... but still unimpressed. As with any film with any buzz (good or bad), I'll hold my final verdict until I've seen it. I'll be going in as Toriyama describes the experience should be: Dragonball Evolution is another Universe, just like GT was. Toriyama probably said the same thing about GT.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#70 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:13 PM

What rhymes with God awful?
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#71 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (NuclearRaven @ Mar 10 2009, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What rhymes with God awful?

Pod.. daw.. I got nothing.

I watch this movie for hot Chi Chi and hot Bulma. <3

#72 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:04 PM

hmm.... If they could pull it off decently, there is A HIGH possibility of a Live-action Naruto. (Who wouldn't to see him go Kyuubi with GOD AWESOME Visual effects?) BTW, I sort of wished they had Goku unexpectedly go Super Saiyan. It'd be cool

Edited by Newkerz, 12 March 2009 - 03:04 PM.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#73 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Mar 12 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm.... If they could pull it off decently, there is A HIGH possibility of a Live-action Naruto. (Who wouldn't to see him go Kyuubi with GOD AWESOME Visual effects?) BTW, I sort of wished they had Goku unexpectedly go Super Saiyan. It'd be cool

arg.gif NO!

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#74 Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel

Shadow Jester

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Email me to find out: a little about my interests Swimming and diving are my sports of choice, i love anime, i love movies and video games, my main hobby is writing...love it and love music<br /><br />And my new site: http://wirlescomunity.informe.com/forum/

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Mar 12 2009, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No NO NO! NO!!!! - SSJ - no....b/c A) He is still a teen B) Grandpa Gohan is still alive. You see the problems? I see problems everywhere...*sigh* This movie is goin to shake the anime/live action transfer, in a bad way.

Naruto Live action.....It would be cool to see Kyuubi but they would mess it up and make it so he looked not as bad ass as he is suppose to be
To some I am a Fallen Angel, to others I am the demon of oblivion, I guess the lies are finally found, What will you be on judgement day?

Life is short so best to know what you are capable of. Enjoy the Ride of life and yet keep a close eye on everyone around you. because one day, they could be your saving angel.

#75 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

I think people are going to think this is a DragonBall Z live action, and will be utterly disappointed.

But, I think if they thought of it as just DragonBall... then it might do good on the movies.

#76 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

The acting in those clips is really forced...like, when Goku goes into a fighting stance, it looks more like he's trying to look cool than actually fighting. At least Piccolo and Yamcha seem okay. The movie comes out in Japan and Hong Kong tomorrow, so I might see it this weekend.

#77 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:20 AM

just saw the movie.

my god!!!! THEY RAPED HIM!! THEY RAPED GOKU!!!!!

#78 Fallen_Angel

Fallen_Angel

Shadow Jester

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Email me to find out: a little about my interests Swimming and diving are my sports of choice, i love anime, i love movies and video games, my main hobby is writing...love it and love music<br /><br />And my new site: http://wirlescomunity.informe.com/forum/

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:57 PM

yes yes..we all saw that coming LOL

but i had to be bad LOL

T-T
To some I am a Fallen Angel, to others I am the demon of oblivion, I guess the lies are finally found, What will you be on judgement day?

Life is short so best to know what you are capable of. Enjoy the Ride of life and yet keep a close eye on everyone around you. because one day, they could be your saving angel.

#79 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:52 AM

Well...so far the universal opinion is that this movie's suckiness is definitely over 9000. Probably a million.

Here's Spill.com's audio review here

I like how even though the two people who reviewed the movie are not familiar with the franchise, they actually sympathize with the fans and accused Fox of doing them a great disservice, instead of shouting "I don't know what you f*****s see in this bull****.

My favorite part was when Co-Host mentioned the one good thing about the movie was Jamie Chung, and mouthed his opinion of her in one word: Breasts. What he doesn't know is that the name Chi-Chi means breasts laugh.gif

#80 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:16 AM

Yeah I have been hearing a lot of bad reviews on it including the one from spill. It didn't come to my theater but I don't know if I would have wanted to see it anyways.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users