103 replies to this topic

#61 Nes Mikel

Nes Mikel

The Wanderer

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 03:34 AM

I've been trying to get back into the writing mood but I can't seem to find the time at all...

Do not despair though. I'm not dead yet, and I'm still working on it. Just... really... really slow...

#62 Xar

Xar

Cultured Shinobi

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE (Nes Mikel @ May 4 2007, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been trying to get back into the writing mood but I can't seem to find the time at all...

Do not despair though. I'm not dead yet, and I'm still working on it. Just... really... really slow...

Glad to hear. Your style of writing has grabbed yet another fan. I must admit, the one-shot made me feel a bit.. depressed after reading it, but seeing as how you've redeemed yourself with your story I think I can forgive you. biggrin.gif

Hoping to read another story,
Xarei

I know how you feel, so take all the time you need. Just show people that you're still alive!

--[krisk] ...hehe, i know it's a cute weiner isn't it--
--[krisk] you're so pretty.--

#63 Gnosismaster

Gnosismaster

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (Xarei @ May 11 2007, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know how you feel, so take all the time you need. Just show people that you're still alive !

Totally agree :thumbs:

#64 Kenhime

Kenhime

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:I'm a college student and I'm oooooooooooooooold.

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:08 PM

You've taken two hours out of my study time reading this!! This, a day before my final!! Which I will undoubtedly fail because of this...

wink.gif

This light-hearted accusation is only meant as a compliment for an attention-grabbing story you have made with this trilogy. =)

Thank you, and I look forward to your new chapters.

#65 BurningDeath

BurningDeath

God of Meaningless Posts

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:38 PM

I feel the same way. Can't wait for your triumphant return. biggrin.gif

#66 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:33 AM

So when you going to update the chapter because your story is one of the best NS fics ever made. and that aint no lie!
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#67 Nes Mikel

Nes Mikel

The Wanderer

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:31 AM

I'm currently in the process of reworking Chapter 3 after deciding to scrap an entire scene which I found inappropriate. In accordance, I'm changing the other scenes so the rest of the chapter's flow will stay smooth and constant. I've got my writing mood back now, though, and if it continues expect Chapter 3 to be released within the next week.

And for those who are interested, here's a little teaser for Chapter 3's first scene.

It's unedited, so forgive me if there's any glaring mistakes:

The clocked figure that hovered high above the Konoha village grounds that bore witness to the entire war proceedings finally stirred when it noticed its surroundings was slowly being saturated with the smell it loved the most. Breaking its stoic silence, it slowly emerged out of one of the many gigantic logs that composed the gigantic wall that surrounded the Hidden Village of the Leaf and opened its real eyes for the first time in five days to watch the scenery unfolding in front. Almost unconsciously, it stirred its neck to ease the stiffness associated with being ‘one’ with a solid material for an extended period of time. Granted, only the head and its associated appendages emerged out of the petrified log, but that was more than enough to allow itself to expend its senses even further than it was normally capable of, thus allowing the figure maximum intake of the smell it loved the most – the end result of the war below, no doubt.

It was the smell of burning human flesh.

Well, saying that it liked the smell of burning human flesh the most would be a lie. There was one more thing the figure liked more than the taste and smell of its favourite food being cooked, but that will have to wait for another day. For now, its carnal desires were satisfied. It would be best to retreat and become one with the log again and continue to observe the unfolding drama below just like instructed, and...

“It’s time, Zetsu.”

“Already?” It replied out loud a few dozen seconds after the question, almost like an afterthought.

“Yes.” The ‘other’ replied to its question, this time immediately. “There is work to be done.”

“Time really does ‘fly’ by. Get it? Just like how a real flytrap would eat an insect.”

“Is that our attempt at satirical humour? If so, not only was that a poor attempt, we don’t it amusing.”

“We do.”

“We are wrong.”

“That’s what we always say.”

An outside observer might find this self-conversation most odd, but for ‘them’, it was the naturalist thing in the world. To Zetsu, conversing with oneself was simply just another part of everyday life, and it accepted itself the same way humankind accepts how the sun comes up in the morning and comes down at night.

However, it should be noticed that there are always, always exceptions to everything, no matter how concrete something seemed. Just like how the sun never sets or never rises in the Polar Regions on certain specific seasons, Zetsu too was an exception.

Zetsu looked human, talked human, but Zetsu itself was no longer among humankind.

“If our eating habits are any indicator, that is.”

“Were we reading our own minds again?”

“What a strange question. We are we. Of course we were.”

“We sometimes forget that we are one. It is unsettling.”

“It’s not like we can do anything about it.”

“That is why we said it is unsettling.”

Zetsu’s normally expressionless face shifted as the dark side of its face crooked into a mockery of a grin. “How long do we reckon our task is going to take?”

“We’ve discussed this before. They have told us we will take three days to prepare if we start now.”

“That much? No wonder they instructed us for chastity. It was all for this moment, right?”

Zetsu ignored itself. “Are we satisfied with smelling the cooked aroma of what we chastity from? If so, we’re going. Now.”

“We’re no fun.”

“We know.”

Before it could mouth another word protest to itself, Zetsu’s head already sunk back into the solid wood.
Only the silence of the still-raging war remained about.

#68 BurningDeath

BurningDeath

God of Meaningless Posts

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:27 AM

Dude, thats sweet. I'm hooked already. Oh well. Gotta wait again. I almost hate teasers. almost.

#69 Gnosismaster

Gnosismaster

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:19 AM

Nice teaser. I need to read it again as soon as FF.net fixes itself. Stupid errors.

#70 Nes Mikel

Nes Mikel

The Wanderer

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:38 PM

After months of inactivity, I finally give you:

Efface - Empyreal Paradox, Chapter Three

#71 Gnosismaster

Gnosismaster

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:46 AM

I said it once and I'll say it again.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#72 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:18 AM

Thank you for the great chapter! a_dance.gif
I have been waiting so long for this one biggrin.gif
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#73 Pepilia

Pepilia

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:45 PM

Good to see this story is alive and kicking. The details, emotions and characters you incorporate is as always amazing.
Looking forward for the next chapter, whenever you have the time of course.

#74 Nes Mikel

Nes Mikel

The Wanderer

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:58 PM

Here's a relatively quick update! (by my standards anyway)

Perhaps my favorite chapter to date.

Incognitos - Empyreal Paradox, Chapter Four

#75 Sayaka-sama

Sayaka-sama

aka Gai-yaka

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:I have a few hobbies... *snerk*

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Nes Mikel @ Jun 26 2007, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's a relatively quick update! (by my standards anyway)

Perhaps my favorite chapter to date.

Incognitos - Empyreal Paradox, Chapter Four

My favorite too. Damn, that was brilliant, especially considering how impatient I'm getting from waiting for the last Akatsuki member to be revealed. Kagerou's character is nothing short of genius on your part, and I strongly suggest you prohibit yourself from listening to any statements opposite of that. This chapter really left me gaping and I really can't wait to find out what's in store next.

Now, this is the part where people usually command "UPDATE SOON U H0R"... but I'd feel too cruel if I did that.

Can't wait for the next chapter! :thumbs:

Special thx to themadpoker at the LJ community for this!
My Family Tree
Forum Sweetheart - MonkeysTotallyRock

#76 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:06 AM

great chapter, the best one yet. What happened to sakura? I can't wait anymore. This story is so good. Plz update soon! biggrin.gif
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#77 Gnosismaster

Gnosismaster

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:33 PM

So the BH met with Kyuubi, ehh? What happened to Sakura?

#78 Kyuubi Fanatic

Kyuubi Fanatic

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Anime, videogames, manga, art, and writing.

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:53 PM

Wow. Amazing, I wish I could write like you. This world is just so believable and yet full of mystery at the same time. I can't even guess what's gonna happen next and the way you reveal everything continually keeps me on the edge of my seat. I wish to be a professional author, and this, THIS is the kind of quality I aspire to reach. Well done, you truly are a source of inspiration!

As for the story itself, many things are left unsaid. Is Hei Zabuza or Haku? What will the former Akatsuki chick do with Sakura's body? Why doesn't she remember being in Akatsuki if they are eternal, and why does Hei apparently have his memories? Will all of Akatsuki have lost their memories of their previous lives, and if Hei is not a member of Akatsuki, then who else might retain their previous memories that personally know Sakura and Naruto? How will Sakura and Naruto continue to live together, and become strong enough to fulfill their dreams? These and MANY more continue to plague me, so it is apparent that this epic fic isn't going to end anytime soon. Hell, with around 86 pages worth already, you could write a book with this!

Anyway, I do love this story, and while I am always eager to get right to the action regarding Sakura and Naruto, the back-stories and other plots that make up the twists and turns of your world greatly add to the story, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

I do also have a few small questions I hope you can answer. What is Mikoto's eye and hair color? For the life of me I cannot remember. -.-; Also, I assume Mikoto is Hinata and Hinabi's future mother? If so, will Hinata and/or Hinabi manifest the Haruno bloodline in this new world? And what is up with Akatsuki and the Kyuubi? When scanning Sakura's memories, Kagerou was able to talk to Kyuubi, even though he is sealed in Naruto. And even after reading both 'Garden of Sanctuary' and 'Medusa Javelin' (both of which I read months ago) I still am lost as to Akatsuki's TRUE purpose, other than that they play an obviously MAJOR role.

Ahhhhhhh, my head hurts. Well, I hope you get this and are not too shy to respond. tongue.gif

The best of luck to you,

~KF~

#79 Gnosismaster

Gnosismaster

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:51 PM

Two great fics updated on the same day.

Training for the Job and Empyreal Paradox

#80 Coulomb

Coulomb

Currently in love with whoever invented air conditioning

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 03:57 AM

No matter how many times that I try to avoid fics like yours, the inevitable happens though, I seem to find myself entranced in tragic endings. No matter how much I resist, at the least a tear or two will fall. I won't act tough, Garden of Sanctuary made me cry. Naruto's moan at the end also provided an extra tear at the finish.

You've turn a tragic ending into a major series, I'm looking forward in what you plan to do next in your story.

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, when is the next chapter going to be released?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users